Double Wedding?

Push and Pull of Love and Hate

"How can you just go away whenever you please?!" Jun Pyo did not hide the irritation and hurt in his voice.

"Yah! Gu Jun Pyo! Don't you dare raise your voice on me! And I didn't go away! I just don't want to see you!" Jan Di retorted, her voice an octave higher than Jun Pyo's.

"But I am your boyfriend! If you are not ready to get married yet then I won't force you but how can you just walk out on me and vanish like thin air?" His voice a lot calmer this time. "I almost died looking for you."

"Mianheyo. . ." She sniffed. "I am so sorry!" She hugged and him and cried in his arms for a long time. All the confusion and insecurities seemed to disappear. Then, she sniffed. "Yah! I don't like your smell!" She pushed him brusquely without warning and Jun Pyo landed on his .

"Yah! What's wrong with you?! I've been using this perfume since I was fifteen!" And to think that his perfume's one of the most expensive in the world.

"I don't care! Don't wear it anymore! It stinks!"

"Okay, okay." He gave in. Because of Jan Di, he was able to control his temper now. And he didn't want them to fight when it was just minutes since they reconciled. He got up from the carpeted floor and sauntered to the mini bar. He poured some Cristal for the two of them and handed one of the champagne flutes to Jan Di who gave him a death glare. "What did I do this time?" He asked innocently.

"Do you want to kill your child Gu Jun Pyo? You're giving me alcohol when I am one month pregnant?!" She yelled at the top of her lungs.

"BWOH?!" It took Jun Pyo a long time before her statement registered. "You. . .you mean I am. . .going to be a father?"

"How can you be so dumb?" She asked instead. "Then who's going to be a father of my child?" She whacked him on the head. "Dummy!"

"Yah!" He lifted her up dance through the whole den. "I'm a Daddy now, I am a Daddy now, I am a Daddy now!" He chanted happily.

"Put me down! Put me down!"

****************************************************************************

"No! I mean, Jan Di's pregnant and I am not so. . .we're not in hurry, right?" She nudged Yi Jeong beside her who seemed to spacing out.

"That's very understanding of you, Ga Eul-yang." Kang So Hee, Jun Pyo's mother, beamed at her. Ga Eul was not sure why she had to be there when technically, she's not family. But Jan Di's mother insisted that she join. The Gu family came to formally ask Jan Di's hand in marriage but Chung Ae and Chin Hae was reluctant 'cause Yi Jeong and her was supposed to tie the knot by the end of the year.

But she can't bear to see Jan Di's tummy getting big before she marry Jun Pyo. And their engagement wasn't real for crying out loud! Jan Di was finally able to tell her parents that she's pregnant and she's going to marry Jun Pyo. Aside from the initial shock, the future grandparents and Yi Jeong were very happy and excited for the arrival of the newest member of the family.

"Right." Yi Jeong replied gloomily.

"So, it's settled then." Gu Bon Hyung, Jun Pyo's father, spoke. "When will the wedding be?"

"Two months from now." Jun Pyo declared.

"What?! How can we have everything ready in sixty days?! Are you crazy?" Jan Di looked at him incredulously.

"That's okay Jan Di-ah. We can hire all the people we need." So Hee explained.

"But I want to work on my own wedding! I don't want wedding coordinators and all that." She said stubbornly.

"Yah! Why are you so hardheaded?" Jun Pyo asked.

"You can enlist our help." Joon Hee smiled. "I'll be glad to help you out, Dongsaeng." Until now, she can't help but be awed by the beauty of Jan Di's future sister-in-law.

"Me too." She said.

"How can you forget me, kids?" Chung Ae looked very pleased. "You'll have the perfect wedding in two months, trust me."

"Thank you so much, Chung Ae-sshi. If ever you'll need my help then just give me a call, okay? Anything for this two."

"I know you're very busy, So Hee. We can take of it." The Geum family went home without Yi Jeong saying much. He just sat there and listened, looking distraught.

"Are you okay?" She managed to ask, he followed him to the garden.

"Are you concerned?" He asked back in a disinterested tone.

"Of course. If I'm concerned about Beaver," She replied, referring to Yi Jeong's pet Great Dane, "Why won't I be concerned about you?"

"Thank you for comparing me to a dog." He replied snootily.

"Why are you so difficult today? If you don't want to talk to me then fine!" She snapped and marched to the house.

****************************************************************************

"Why are you so difficult today?" He mimicked Ga Eul's voice and expression and sighed. "How can you be so cruel, Ga Eul-yang?" He asked Chung Ae's tulip plantation in front of him. He heard her saying to her mother that she will never fall for him. "It's your fault, you're eavesdropping!" He reprimanded himself.

"What are you murmuring about?" He almost jumped up when he heard Jan Di.

"You scared me!" He held his chest.

"Aha! You're hiding something! You won't be this afraid if you were not!" She pointed an accusing finger.

"I am not!"

"Uhuh. Then what are you pouting about, Grumpy Old Man?" She asked and he sent daggers to her direction. "Were you mad that I'm getting married first?" Her voice became serious.

"You know damn well that engagement's not for real." He retorted.

"Why do I have this feeling you wanted to make it real?" She chuckled playfully and slumped beside him on the wrought iron bench and placed and arm around him. "Oppa, what's keeping you?"

"I can't even remember the last time you called me Oppa."

"Do not change the subject. Hello? I've done my part. Do yours!"

"What do you mean?" He asked dangerously.

Jan Di rolled her eyes heavenward. "Are we playing dumb?" She yawned. "I'll go first. Don't stay long. It's cold." And she went inside the house.

"Yah! Jan Di-ah! You didn't answer me!"