Boyfriend? Boyfriend!

Push and Pull of Love and Hate

Ga Eul sat stiffly in the middle of the beige couch in their living room. The person standing in front of her was looking at her like she's the ugliest organism in the planet. She observed as his eyebrows wiggled like the seesaw and when his full lips pursed in discontentment.

"I'll be charging you double." He told the guy beside who made a thumbs up sign. "She'll be my most difficult task to date."

"Yah! What are you talking about, huh?" Shim Changmin--Max to everyone's the best image builder and stylist in whole Seoul. And one of Jae Joong's close friends. One of the few people that knows about Jae Joong's real preference. She didn't particularly like the guy. He's too arrogant for her taste and he's not particularly tactful in saying she's ugly and she needs a make over--no, an overhaul. That's his exact term.

"I hired Max to give you a makeover a crash course in dating." Jae Joong declared and she almost threw up in apprehension.

"YOU WHAT?! I'll kill you Kim Jae Joong!"

"Will you stop yelling? Girls yell. Women don't. How old are you?" He just sat coolly in one of the armrests. "Look at you. Would you blame Jae Joong for hiring me when you're giving him all the reason to?" He waved away a lock stubborn bangs out of his face suavely.

"But I don't need a makeover! And why would I need a dating coach?" She looked at Jae Joong with fiery eyes.

"Didn't you just turn a proposal down just because you're not confident about your own skin?" Max answered for Jae Joong.

"And who told you that's the reason?" She asked. Max just gave Jae Joong a boring look and faked a yawn.

"If that is not the reason then what is?" Jae Joong crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"You know what, I don't think I can accept this job. People would kill just to be in my class and this pauper here don't deserve it at all."

"Pauper!"

"Max!" They said at the same time. Jae Joong caught Max's arm and guided him to sit again. "Just help her, okay? She needs you. She's just a little difficult now but she'll come around. You." He pointed at her. "Come with me." And he dragged her to his room.

***********************************************************************

"Would you tell us why you called us here or we'll have to guess?" Woo Bin slumped onto one of the shabby-chic ottomans scattered on the living room of Yi Jeong's penthouse. He was paying one of their largest casinos when he received a call from him. Ji Hoo arrived minutes later with same exact urgency he felt when one of his best friends called.

He paid enough attention to the bottles of expensive wines in the coffee table. Yi Jeong himself was drinking tequila straight from the bottle. Without any salt or lemon.

"Drink, drink." Yi Jeong caught Ji Hoo by the sleeve and forced him to occupy the ottoman beside him. Jun Pyo and Jan Di went straight to their European tour for the first leg of their honeymoon.

"I passed one important operation to one of my colleagues to go here. You better have a valid reason, Yi Jeong-ah." He picked one of the rock glasses and poured himself some whisky.

"Just drink and don't ask."

"It must be Ga Eul-sshi." Woo Bin concluded. Silent laughter was dancing in his eyes.

"I said don't ask." He snapped.

"I didn't ask. I stated." Woo Bin replied haughtily.

"Woo Bin-ah. I don't think it's the right time to joke around." Ji mused.

"It's high time he understands what to do." Woo Bin eyed Ji Hoo and focused his attention on Yi Jeong. You liked Ga Eul ever since Jan Di's first birthday party out of Shin Hwa." He accounted correctly.

"How did you know that?" Ji Hoo asked but was thinking about the same thing.

"It doesn't matter. True or not?" Woo Bin persisted. Yi Jeong scowled at him. "One piece of advice. Ga Eul's different from the girls you've dated before so the same old technique won't do."

"I thought Ga Eul-sshi has a boyfriend?" Ji Hoo asked. But he clearly remembered the look the man gave his sister. If he hadn't suppressed himself, he could have given him a good beating.

"That pale face? I can do something about him."

"Be it legal or not, I'm in." Ji Hoo chided and Yi Jeong left the two of them in the living room.

*********************************************************************

"Changmin-sshi, your three o'clock appointment's here." Max's secretary Ah Ra poked her head on the small opening. "Should I let her in?"

"Please do." Max placed a stack of paper aside in an attempt to clear his table from it's perennial clutter. He heard the door open and close again after a few seconds.

"Annyeong hasseyo." A voice, not his secretary's, greeted. And he looked up to the pair of the most gorgeous legs he had ever seen. Up the slim waist, slender arms and swan-like neck and lastly, his gaze fell onto the fresh face.

"A-annyeong--!" He found himself stuttering. "Please please sit down." He scrambled from his seat and guided the visitor to the couch. He certainly wouldn't entertain such a beauty with the large desk between them.

"Kamsahamnida. I am Yoon Eun Hye." She extended a hand that he shook nervously before occupying the seat that he offered. His widened after hearing the name. She can't be the Presidential Granddaughter, can she?

"So, Eun Hye-sshi, how can I help you today?"

"I want you to be my personal trainer, Mr. Shim. I want to to hire you for an exclusive finishing class." Eun Hye was not sure where she got the courage to do this. This must be love. Truth was, she's been avoiding finishing schools like a plague since she became a teenager. Her brother's even more refined that she was. All changed that day of Jan Di-sshi and Jun Pyo-sshi's wedding. "Can you do that?"

"Would you mind sharing the class with one person, Eun Hye-sshi?" There's no way he can handle two exclusive classes and all other engagements. As much as he wanted to, he can't disappoint Jae Joong.

***********************************************************************

"Why would I do that!?"

"'Cause I told you so." Jae Joong continued eating without looking at her. "Trust Max. He's good at what he does."

"Did you forget that I'm supposed to have a boyfriend?" She wanted to wring his neck.

"Will you stop day dreaming, Ga Eul-yang? RAIN. IS. NOT. YOUR. BOYFRIEND!" He's getting impatient every minute. He can see that Ga Eul likes Yi Jeong and even if he's insolent and overconfident, he's sure that he'll take good care of his friend.

"As much as I would like to! He's not my boyfriend but you are!" She yelled.

"E-excuse me?"

"Yi Jeong believes we are together! In his eyes, you are my boyfriend, remember?" She can't believe Jae Joong forgot THAT little detail!