Forever and a Day

Push and Pull of Love and Hate

Chapter 26

Forever and a Day

"You seem so happy today." Chang Min pointed out. Ga Eul had been smiling like an idiot for no reason at all and had been getting excellent marks from all the etiquette lessons he gave her earlier--which was very unusual.

"Is it obvious?" She asked sheepishly, holding back another smile.

"Oh no, I just have sixth sense." He rolled his eyes exaggeratedly and Ga Eul doubled over.

"I didn't know that you can crack up jokes." She said, chuckling.

"Do I look that stiff?"

"Uhuh. I didn't like you at all before. You were such an airhead not to mention very tactless."

"But familiarity builds contempt. You do know being super friendly in this industry won't do you any good, right?" Ga Eul nodded in agreement. She had been in trouble many times for being a pushover that people who care for her had to knock some sense into her head from time to time.

He rearranged the files on his desk and gathered his personal belongings, ready to call it a day. "Ready?"

"I was just waiting for you, Turtle Chang Min."

"Yah!" She laughed and linked arms with him while exiting the building. She was now very comfortable around Chang Min it seemed they were friends for a long time already. Meeting him almost everyday for the past weeks, she learned that he was just as hardworking as everyone else and won't tolerate nonsense when it comes to his job. He takes it very seriously and she's wondering no more on how he was able to attain his status in such a young age. "Uhm, I'm kind of hungry. . .would you want to grab a bite first?" He asked, carressing his tummy.

"I. . .err. . ." She then spotted the Vanquish pulling up in the driveway. Chang Min looked at the same direction and stiffened at the sight momentarily but was able to gather himself up before Yi Jeong exited the car. He can't believe he was the same humongous show-off, dragging around an ultra-expensive car. Ga Eul tactically put a considerable distance between them. "Yi Jeong's here to pick me up. Some other time maybe?"

"Oh. Okay." He smirked. "You guys kissed and made up, huh?" He commented gently, betraying the rage that was building up inside him. He waited long enough for this opportunity and he can't just ruin in by doing things he might regret later.

"Ah ha ha. You can say that." She was smiling awkwardly. Yi Jeong came over as the valet was handing Chang Min his keys. There's the same stupid grin on his face, the type that Chang Min saw in Ga Eul's the whole session.

"Yi Jeong-ah. . ." She met him half way and Yi Jeong gave her a peck on the cheek. Chang Min fought hard not to raise his eyebrow. She introduced him to Chang Min. "This is Shim Chang Min, my Sungsaenim and Chang Min-ah, this is So Yi Jeong--"

"Her boyfriend." He finished the sentence for her and Chang Min just wanted to hurt him at that very moment, probably erase that filthy grin on his face.

"Nice to meet you." He managed to say. "Well, I better get going. See you tomorrow, Ga Eul-yang." He circled his Mercedes Benz convertible and got in." He made a salute before starting the car, in haste to get away.

"See you!" She yelled back, forgetting all the etiquette lessons. It was a good thing Chang Min didn't hear her as his car swooshed down the driveway or he will surely throw a fit.

"He looks vaguely familiar." Ga Eul already told him about Chang Min when they spent the whole day together wandering about town after Ga Eul's 'untimely' proposal.

"He's famous that's why." She beamed. Yi Jeong asked her why she had to go to private finishing lessons. She told him simply that it was a gift from Jae Joong. He didn't have to know the circumstances of her agreement. She remembered him remarking that Jae Joong's quite weird for giving such gift.

****************************************************************************

"Can I ask you something?" He handed her the ice cream cone that she happily right away.

"Hmn?" Her face already smeared with the pistacchio ice cream. He wiped it gingerly before answering.

"Why did you let me believe that you and Jae Joong. . .are dating?" hung open as the ice cream cone was suspended in the air. Yi Jeong could tell that she was literally caught off-guard by his question.

"I. . .err, why don't we go the skating rink, what do you think?" She tugged at his arm and dragged him to the direction of the skating rink but he glued himself to where he was and Ga Eul came bouncing to his chest with a loud thud.

"But not after you answer my question, Princess." He grinned slyly, helping her back to her feet.

"Why you--!" She was feigning anger, he could tell. He shook his head and plastered a grin on his face.

"You won't get away from me that easy, Chu Ga Eul." She pouted and he waited patiently as she finished the rest of her cold treat. She was buying time, mind you! "So?" He prodded gently while wiping the smears of ice cream on her face.

"Ooookaaaay." She fiddled with her sling bag. "I was. . .like protecting myself, y-you know?"

His forehead creased, not understanding one bit. Protecting herself? "Protecting yourself? From what?" Then it hit him! "F-from me?" She nodded many times and he was horrified. "But why? What did I do to you?"

"Hah! You have the nerve to ask, So Yi Jeong?" She smirked. "YOU'VE done a LOT of BAD things to me ever since we met!" She narrowed her eyes playfully. "And besides, you're such a playboy!" She chuckled.

"Okay, okay. I agree I might have pissed you off a few times before--"

"A few times!" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Will you let me finish?" He asked, rolling his eyes. "I might have pissed you off MANY times before BUT," He eyed her and her eyes were dancing with laughter. "I certainly am not a playboy! Who told you that? We didn't even hang out!" He protested.

"Who else?" She beamed and he intertwined their fingers and walked slowly to the direction of the skating rink.

"I told you my sister's the real villain of this story!" He whined and she was giggling like a baby.

"But she brought us together." She reminded him and he nodded. They told Jan Di the other day they're officially together and Mrs. Gu Jun Pyo was very happy and she told them she was planning of setting them up a long time ago but the opportunity only knocked when she ran away from home and everything went as smoothly as planned. She purposely paid the caretaker of their Cheju Island vacation home to call Seoul and tell them that she's in Cheju knowing that he would come to pick her up and will drag Ga Eul along. She didn't know that he will introduce her as his fiancee though. It sure surprised her big time. They also learned that she told Chung Ae about their charade the day she arrived from Prague. But their mother, the incredible woman that she was, conspired with Jan Di! The fake engagement party was their idea too.

"Seriously, Ga Eul-yang," He spoke after a few moments of companionable silence. They were watching the children display their skating skills. "You should trust me, we should trust each other to make the relationship work. . .I know you don't feel the same way as I do right now but I am willing to work hard for it. Even if that's what I'll do for the rest of my life."

*****************************************************************************

Ga Eul was literally gaping at Yi Jeong. She didn't know how to react to that. The statement was so intense and she can't find the right words to say. He's right. She didn't think she love him just yet but there's an undeniable attraction between the two of them and she thought it would be easier to give it a try that to live in the life of 'what ifs'. She didn't ask anyone for advice 'cause she wanted no one to blame if the relationship wouldn't work or if she'll end up getting hurt. She just wanted to enjoy the moment. Yi Jeong was such a gracious boyfriend and a he can be sweet if he wanted to BUT to hear him confessing like there's no tomorrow was just. . .too much.

"Yi Jeong-ah. . ."

"You don't have to say anything. . .If you don't mean them." She saw his sad smile. But what can she do? She was sure what she felt for him was a lot different from what she feels for Jae Joong. Absolutely different! For her, Jae Joong's still a man and a large part of her heart belongs to him alone. But it's definitely not attraction. He's handsome and all but even if she didn't know he's gay, there's no chance at all that she'll fall for him. Jae Joong's too good of a person that she wanted him as family so there wouldn't be a chance that she'll lose him. But for Yi Jeong? It was all uncertain! It was like shooting in the dark, really. She wished there's a Book of Relationships for Dummies. But someone have to give her an A for effort, right? This was the first time that she'll be in a relationship anyway.

"You. . .you can wait, right?" She asked awkwardly. She didn't want to hurt his feelings anymore than what she's inflicting.

"I will wait forever." The ready reply.

****************************************************************************

But he prayed silently that it wouldn't take that long. Man! He wanted to be happy too, okay? But he's willing to if that's what it takes. He's loved her for so long that he couldn't imagine himself falling for someone else. "Forever and a day." He added. Now, that sounded too mushy!

"And girly!" She chortled. He didn't say that out loud, did he? Oh Jesus! "Yah! So Yi Jeong! Wait 'til Jun Pyo-sunbae hear you saying that and he'll surely beat you up being such a pansy! Nyahahahaha!" And she ran away.