Yi Jeong VS. Jae Joong

Push and Pull of Love and Hate

After the picture-taking, he saw her at the church's entrance and he readied to approach her when someone beat him to it. He gritted his teeth in disgust when he recognized Jae Joong.

*What the hell was he doing here?* How could he forget that Ga Eul has a boyfriend? But why did she agree with the charade if she has a boyfriend and what kind of guy would allow his girlfriend to pretend to be someone else's fiancee? *She's just concerned about your mother pabo!* He berated himself. Him and his wistful thinking.

"Uh-oh. Who was that?" Annoying Woo Bin s his arm on his shoulder. "Why don't you assert claim?" He pushed him but he nailed himself to where he was standing.

"He's her boyfriend." He hissed bitterly.

"What?" Ji Hoo joined in. "Ga Eul-yang has a boyfriend?" He took a good look at the guy talking to the subject of their conversation.

"Funny right? Who would want a girl like her?" He even snorted for effect while sending daggers to the couple's direction. "Nagger, crybaby, dominant, a backseat driver, ignorant and--"

"Hey, hey! Relax man." Woo Bin tried to pacify him and while Ji Hoo shook his head knowingly.

"Whatever. Are we going to the reception or what?" He snapped. He walked past his two best friends and Ga Eul when he got into the entrance.

***********************************************************************

"What is up with your fiance?" Jae Joong asked.

"Don't mind Yi Jeong. Something is always UP with him." She replied nonchalantly but deep inside, it bothered her that he didn't even seem to care if she gets to the reception venue alive. "Let us go." She linked her arms on Jae Joong's.

"Shouldn't you be riding with him?" Yi Jeong looked like he desires to give him a beating.

"I don't care." She retorted and dragged a her reluctant housemate towards the parking lot.

"I think he likes you, Ga Eul-yang." He said when they were inside the car.

"Where did you get that stupid idea?" She asked disapprovingly.

"I am still a guy."

"That fancies a guy. Kim Jae Joong, you are becoming gossipy!"

"Go ahead. Pretend like you didn't know." An annoying grin was hovering his lips. "When was the last time we had a bet?" He asked instead.

"Last year." They had a bet and she had to clean the whole house for one whole month. "Real Barcelona will win this time." She smiled smugly.

"I don't want to bet on football. Give it a month and that guy will definitely propose for real."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"I am not kidding. I'll treat you to an Asian cruise if you win."

"I don't have money for an Asian cruise if I lose, pansy."

"So you're admitting that I might even win, huh? I am not asking for an Asian cruise. Just introduce me to one of his best friends. The one with blonde hair." He beamed.

"Yoon Ji Hoo?! No way. You like him?"

Jae Joong scrunched up his face and pressed his index and thumb fingers together. "He's quite cute, isn't he?"

"Get real. He's more than cute. You like him, eh? Too bad. I think he's straight as a pole." She didn't want to put Jae Joong's hopes up.

"I just asked you to introduce me to him and I'll take it from there. Aish! Now, be kind and tell me everything you know about him or the wedding reception can continue without the maid of honor." He threatened.

***********************************************************************
Ga Eul sat at her designated seat wordlessly. She was in a round table with Yi Jeong and the rest of his friends who acted as groomsmen, a teenage girl and two beautiful women in opposite ways.

"Ga Eul Unnie!" The teenage girl stood up and hugged her much to her surprise.

"Geun Young, don't scare her." Yi Jeong reprimanded. "Ga Eul, this Moon Geun Young, my cousin from my father's part of the family." He introduced in an uninterested tone. He looked like she was harrassing his own cousin when it was the other way around.

"You know me?" She smiled at the girl genially.

"Of course! I was there at your engagement party."

"Oh." Was all that she can say. The engagement party that she didn't even attend. She purposely didn't go down after she regained her consciousness so she won't have to face the well-wishers for the fake engagement. "Nice to meet you, Geun Young."

"And these are Jang Na Ra, Woo Bin's girlfriend and Yoon Eun Hye, Ji Hoo's sister." He gestured to the other girls. Na Ra smiled and waved at her while Eun Hye shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Unnie."

"Same here. I didn't know Ji Hoo-sunbae has a sister." *I thought he has a brother* She wanted to say. The girl's very pretty if not for the boyish attire and hair cut. Her fresh face was void of make up and the only one in the whole crowd who didn't follow the dresscode.

"He doesn't actually claim he has one." She beamed and Ji Hoo rolled his eyes. One look at Eun Hye and she knew the siblings were poles apart.

"Ga Eul-yang." Jae Joong approached their table in his signature suave demeanor that made the rest of the female population present swoon. "May I have this dance?" He looked hopeful and very much convincing as he glided one his arms at the back of her bare shoulders. She felt Yi Jeong stiffen beside her. "Please? For old times' sake?"

"S-sure." She scrumbled in her seat. "By the way, you already know Yi Jeong, these are Woo Bin and Ji Hoo-sunbae, Na Ra, Woo Bin-sunbae's girlfriend, Geun Young, Yi Jeong's cousin and Eun Hye, Ji Hoo-sunbae's sister." And for the life of her, Jae Joong's eyes lit up by the mention of Ji Hoo's sister. He approached Eun Hye and kissed her hand. The poor girl looked thunderstruck and immediately fell prey to Jae Joong's charm.

"Ah ha ha. C'mon, that's our favorite song." She dragged Jae Joong at the middle of the dance floor leaving all the people in the table in awe. "What are you doing Kim Jae Joong!?" She hissed.

"What?" He feigned innocence.

"You're flirting with the girl!" She wanted to bash him in the head.

"I am not. I just wanted to be close to her. We're gonna be sisters someday." He beamed.

Ga Eul closed her eyes tight in annoyance. "You're impossible!"

"Whatever. I am winning Ga Eul-yang."

"You are not. And I've already introduced you to him." She snapped.

"So set me up a date with him instead."

"I am not a pimp." She pinched him at the back.

"Ouch. That. Hurt." He glared at her.

"Serves you right, ." She mouthed.

"One more word from you and I'll kiss you." He threatened and she shut just to be safe.

***********************************************************************

"Are you really serious about Ga Eul?" Jae Joong almost jumped up in fright. Yi Jeong was leaning at his Maserati lazily, obviously waiting for him.

"Why do you ask, Mr. Fake Fiance?" He starightened his tux in to mask the trembling of his hands. Seriously, if he's going to beat him up then Ga Eul should be paying for his hospital bills! He saw him gritting his teeth.

"I just can't believe that you're letting Ga Eul live in uncertainty. If you're not going to marry her then let her go." He said calmly but there was edge in his voice that he winced.

"I believe Ga Eul-sshi's old enough to what know what's right and what's not." *So he really believes we're living together.* He thought.

"And I guess you don't?" He snorted.

"Uhuh. As if lying to everyone about being engaged is something to brag about."

"You--!" He really looked like he's going to hit him but changed his mind. He released the breath that he was holding gradually.

"What do you need from me, Mr. So?" He asked impatiently and opened the driver's door. Yunho called and he's off to his bar.

"Leave Ga Eul alone." He said. "She doesn't need someone like you who can't even give her the security that she needs."

"And you are the one who can?" He snorted. "Your parents must be so proud of you." And he boarded his car and sped off the driveway.