To a Long Friendship

Hello, Goodybye, and Everything in Between

 

*MINJIS POV* 
  The sun is shining brightly. I juke one player, and then another and pass off the ball. I stop where I'm standing, letting myself catch my breath. Beads of sweat was streaming down my face. A strong breeze blew into my face, cooling me off, but the breeze didn't stay very long and the air became humid. I suddenly eagerly wished to raise a hose over my head and drench myself in water. Myungsoo and I did that very often as kids. Myungsoo. He's finally back. Unknowingly, I began smiling to myself and I closed my eyes for a moment, forgetting where I was. 
  "Minji, the ball!", someone screamed. When I opened my eyes, the ball had already hit me in the stomach. I couldn't breath. On reflex, my hand went to my stomach, as I tried to breath. 
  "Minji, go sit out for a while.", the coach excused me. I slowly walked over to the side, and I could finally breath again. The coach called water break, and the rest of the team jogged to their water jugs. 
 "What's on your mind?", Hae-won asked without looking at me. We've been playing together since sixth grade. She went to a different school though. She was my bestfriend, but never did she replace myungsoo. 
  "Eh, nothing", I shrugged. She drank from her water jug, set it down, and wiped her sweat. 
  "Nothing? Your eyes were closed and you were smiling towards the sky!", she exclaimed laugh. I chuckled along and clicked my tongue. We stood there for a moment. I looked down at my hands and started fidgeting with my fingers. She continued to stare at me, anticipating the answer. 
  "Myungsoo came back. Infinite is going to my school." I raised my eyes without lifting my head. She silently fan-girled. 
  "YAH I HAVE TO MEET WOOHYUN." She pointed her finger to me. 
  "I can try and Arrange something." 
  Soon enough the sun went down and practice ended. I was thirsty, and water wasn't satisfying my taste buds. I decided to go to the convenience store across the park to get a sports drink. While deciding between Gatorade or Propel,  two hands grabbed my shoulders. I jumped and quickly turned and realized it was Hoya. 
  "Aish. You scared me!" I put my hands over my chest. 
  "Mianhe." He chuckled. "What're you buying?" 
  "Deciding on which drink I want." I replied, both drinks in my hand. "What are you doing here?" 
  "I was just walking around here since I just moved here, and I wanted a snack and so... Here I am." He shrugged. "You should get Gatorade. It's a lot my satisfying." He pointed at my hand. I nodded my head, taking his word for it and purchased it. Minutes later, we ended up sitting at the playground. 
  "I forgot to ask you, are we close enough for me to call you by Hoya?" I questioned, without looking at him. He was sitting on a plastic bench, and I was sitting on the rubber floor, leaning back against my hands and looking up to the sky. 
  "Sure, you can call me Oppa if you want." He replied, not making eye contact. I felt my cheeks slightly redden. I looked at him questionably, and he turned towards me sensing my stare. 
  "Wae? You call L that." 
  "I grew up with Myungsoo. It's different"
  "Well we can still be close friends can't we?" I stared at him for a moment, and nodded in response. 
  "Sure." 
  He stuck out his pinky. I looked at him questionably. 
  "To make it official." I nodded and interlocked my pinky with his and we pressed our thumbs together. I rose my drink to the sky. 
  "To a long and close knitted friendship." He looked up, smiled, and clinked his drink with mine. We laughed for a moment, and I realized how joyful he looked. He had a glint in his eyes, almost identical to how myungsoo looks when he's truly happy. Right then, I felt a stronger bond between me and Hoya. 
  It began getting late, and Hoya and I decided it was time to go home. We walked up the pathway slowly, taking our time. I enjoyed his company. He walked me to my home and we said our goodbyes.
 
  The next morning I woke up, got ready, and headed to the bus stop. When I had arrived, the bus hadn't come yet, and everyone was waiting, including infinite. I walked up to them.
  "Good morning." I greeted. I then realized only six members were there. Hoya hadn't gotten here yet. I looked around to be sure before I asked. 
  "Where's Hoya Oppa?" 
  "He texted me a few minutes ago saying he woke up late. He should be here soon, though." Myungsoo answered, hands in his pocket. His eyes was wandering around, then suddenly his eyes darted towards me. 
  "Wait, did you just say 'Hoya Oppa'?" Just then, Hoya arrived. "When did you start calling him Oppa?" He eyed suspiciously. All of infinites eyes were now on us anticipating my answer. 
  "Last night. We ran into each other at the convenience store, and we sat and talked at the park.", Hoya nonchalantly answered in replace of me. 
  "Kure? Call me Oppa too!", Woohyun said. With that one statement, a frenzy broke out and in the end, it was decided I'd be calling all of infinite by Oppa, except for the maknae; Sungjong. 
  "Don't feel so special, she's been calling me Oppa since the second grade.", Myungsoo taunted the rest of infinite. I clicked my tongue and shook my head. How immature. Just then, the bus arrived. We hopped on and went on our way to school.