He comes to my Rescue

Hello, Goodybye, and Everything in Between
  "Ugh, I feel like the weekend in too short." 
  The weekend has ended. We're at school, sitting on a bench, and trying to soak up what little time we have left until school starts. I laid my head back and closed my eyes. My world of bliss was cut short when I felt someone shaking my shoulder. My closed my eyes tighter, and tried to pull away but he only shook harder. 
  "Oh my gosh, what!", I sat up screaming. He jumped in shock but quickly regained his composure. He pointed to the right of him and I turned to see what he was so jumpy about. 
  There she was. Her hair shorter now, and wearing a totally different outfit from the picture. 
  "How about I invite her to eat lunch with us?", I sighed. He nodded enthusiastically. I stood up and walked up to her. Her skin was still unscarred and clear. 
  "Haeun unnie!", I called out. She turned towards me, her hair sashaying, like how it does in the movies. 
  "Oh,Minji, How are you?" 
  "Im good. I was wondering if you wanted to eat lunch with me and my friends over there. Lets catch up." I smiled. She quickly agreed and we walked to our separate destinations. 
  "She's coming."
   "Ahh, I owe you one, seriously!", he hugged me. I hugged him back so he wouldnt think anything was wrong. 
 
  Each class passed by pretty quickly, despite the constant praying and begging I was doing for it to go by slower. But time effortlessly passed by, not having a single care of the dread I was feeling. It is now lunch time, Haeun and I met right at the exits of our classrooms since they were right next each other. We met up with Infinite and we were on our way to the pizza shop we go to everyday. When I introduced her to all the members, they all greeted her warmly except for Myungsoo. He coldly greeted her and walked away. What an act. 
  Eventually, when we began eating, Myungsoo opened up to her but kept what he thought was a "cool-guy" composure. He was struggling to keep his act up. I could tell by the way his hand kept fidgeting and how he kept drinking water. 
  Haeun on the other hand, was falling for his act. She definitely found him attractive, more so because he was a idol. Who could blame her? He was flawless. 
  As lunch continued on, I understood more of why boys adored her so much. She was perfect. She ate perfectly and even without the sun shining on her, she seemed to have a glowing aura. She was mature, but funny and knew when to be playful. She seemed to have some kind of affect on each member. She was also a Senior, making her more of a catch. She had all the right traits. Myungsoo would be crazy not to like her. 
 
  On the cold floor, a lifeless body lies. Im dead.... Not literally, but ... Im dead. It is now sixth period; Acting. Long story short, we played out a skit and my character died along with Dongwoo. 
  "My back hurts.",Dongwoo softly whispers.
 "Shutup, we're suppose to be dead!", I whispered back, eyes still closed.
  "I know, but cant I just move really quick? This position hurts."
  "Dont you dare! You chose to lie in that position anyway. Indure for a while, Oppa. Please?"
  "Finefine."
  We were silent from then on. There was still at least 7 minutes of the skit left. This gave me time to think, which I really didn't want to think right now. When im left alone with my thoughts, I tend to think about things that bother me. 
  At the end of lunch, Myungsoo and Haeun were talking quite a lot, even though it was more like bickering. Despite the words coming out of their mouths, I knew they liked talking to eachother. On the way back, they exchanged numbers. Their chemistry is progressing a lot faster than I planned. 
 
  The skit has now ended. The last school bell is about to ring in a minute. As I push myself off the floor, a hand helped me up. 
  "I'll hold your bag. You shoulder is probably sore from laying on the floor.", Myungsoo offered. My heart began beating faster as his hand still gripped my arm. He always did this. He always offered to do things for me and always put my safety before his. Every little favor he did for me made my heart beat faster each time, but never his. Because he did it for me as a friend. 
  "Its okay Oppa, I feel fine. Dongwoo is the one that is sore. Its okay.", I smiled and pulled his hand off my arm. His eyes twitched ever so slightly, probably felt a little hurt from my rejection. I needed some time away from him, but not alone. My thoughts will eat at me if im alone. 
 
  "Lets do something."
  "Mianhe, Minji. We all have schedules.", Sunggyu apologized for himself and the members.
  "I'm free.", Hoya said, pulling his earphones out of his ear. I was glad it wasn't Myungsoo that was free. 
  Me and Hoya walked to the park and laid on top of the playground and looked at the clouds above. I let out big sighs here and there. We laid there silently for a little. Suddenly, I heard Hoya stand up, and soon after he was hovering above me. 
  "Lets go get ice cream. You like ice cream right? I'll pay.", He offered. He stuck out his arm, gesturing for me to take his hand. 
  "Of course I like ice cream! Thanks. But I can get up by myself.", I assured. I sat up and began pushing myself up, when he stuck his palm in front of my face, signaling me to stop. My arms slumped down and he pulled me up. 
  "Really Oppa, you dont have to help me up."
  "I want to, though. I noticed L does things for you a lot, and I need to do the same if I want to be close friends with you.", He replied. I chucked at his theory. 
  
 *HOYAS POV*
 
  Turns out, we both like the same ice cream. Green tea. We're now walking back, silently, enjoying our ice cream. 
  "Kamsamnida, Oppa. This tastes much better since it's such a hot day out.", She thanked. 
  "No problem.", I laughed, taking a of my ice cream. "Did you think about a nickname for me yet?"
  "Ah, im still working on that. Ill have it by the end of the day. I promise." 
  "Alright, you better have it by the end of the day.", i warned and held out my pinky. She laughed and linked her pinky with mine and we pressed our thumbs together, just like we did that one night we agreed to be close friends. 
 
  The sun is now descending from the sky. Damn, time sure did pass bu quickly despite my silent begging for it to slow down. I decided to walk her home. We're slowly walking up the path and im silently begging for this moment to last. I look to the side of me and saw her looking at her feet. Suddenly she looked up to the sky, and I switched my glance to the grass on the opposite side of me.
  "What do you think of Haeun?", she asked.
  "The girl at lunch? Shes pretty, I guess."
  "She's perfect huh? A person would be crazy to think otherwise." 
  "She's pretty, but theres someone else thats even prettier."
  "Is that even possible?"
  "Of course. Would I be lying? This girl has pretty, long hair. She's smart and athletic and has a pretty smile. Her laugh is so adorable and her looks could launch a thousand ships. She's funny and competitive and playful, but very controlled and likes to lead." 
  "Waaaah, is there really a girl like that? If she likes to lead, is she mean? Leaders are usually very controlling. does she go to our school? What grade is she?", she babbled on. I chuckled and she stopped asking questions and she just innocently stared at me, waiting for my answer. How cute. 
  "That was a lot of questions. Well first of all, no. She's not mean. She goes to our school and shes in our grade."
  "Wow, I didnt know there was a girl like that in our grade. She must be a charmer if Oppa likes her.", she laughed. She looked down at her shoes, wrinkled her nose, and puffed her cheeks out. I couldnt help but chuckle. I stopped walking and did she. She looked at me questionably, and I sat her down on a boulder laying on the grass. 
  "This will only take a minute." 
  I began picking up flowers and any other plant I could use to make a flower crown. I learned this for mothers day in Elementary. I finished within 5 minutes and handed it to her. She looked at it and smiled. 
  "Whats this for?"
  "It seemed like somethings been on your mind lately."
  "Thanks,Oppa."
  The sun was now almost gone, and we are at her front door, Her flower crown on her head. I said goodbye and began walking away. 
  "Oppa, wait!" I heard and I turned around. "Firefighter." 
  "What?"
  "Or you could be a policeman.", i looked at her questionably, still not understanding. 
  "Your nickname. You came to help me today. When a siren went off, you came to the rescue."
  "Isnt that from Boys over flowers?", I chuckled. 
  "Err, yeah. But I strongly feel like thats a good nickname." 
  I laughed and ruffled her hair.
  "Arasso, ill be a fireman." I began turning away to walk home, but she called me back.
  "Thanks for helping me today Oppa." And she hugged me. 
  She hugged me.
  My heart was beating fast and hesitantly hugged her back. She pulled away, cutting the hug shorter than I wanted. She smiled at me one final time and walked into her house.
 
  *MINJI POV* 
  Im staring at the mirror hanging on the door, laying a shirt against my body and comparing to the other one in my opposite hand. Myungsoo and me decided to spend a day at the shopping center we went to the day he told me he was leaving. I rarely came here after he left. It just didnt feel right. He was trying on random sunglasses next to me. When I looked up, he was wearing big glasses that covered up his whole face. I bursted out laughing.
  "That looks good on you.", I nodded with approval. 
  "Everything looks good on me.", he playfully gloated. seriously, this boy.
  "It covers more than half of your face.", I teased. Before he could come up with a comeback, his phone rang. He checked his message and a smile crept on to his face. I already knew who it was. I turned away from him and went back to deciding which shirt looked better. 
  "Haeun is here! She wants to hang out. Want to come?", Myungsoo asked. I felt my chest tighten again. This feeling seemed to occur more often lately.
  "Ah, its okay. Just go."
  "I'll be back within a hour and thirty minutes okay? Meet me by the trolly stop." I nodded and he ran off.
  Him and Haeun have been getting really close lately. It should be soon that they're gonna be dating. I really tried hating her, I did. But shes so nice and always helps me when I ask her a favor and... I just cant. There was a time when I actually thought I hated her. But I just hated how insecure she made me feel. Not only did I feel less beautiful around her, but I was scared she was gonna replace me. Her and Myungsoo are so close now, it worries me. He wont replace me.. Right?
 
  Its been almost an hour since the time Myungsoo has said we'd meet up. I keep checking my phone for the time. The sun is starting to set and there were no shoppers walking around. Im alone on the bench, when a group of boys sat next to me.
  "Hey, want to come home with me?", the boy winked. Ew.
  I turned away, trying to ignore them, but they continued. I stood to walk away, and his hand grabbed my wrist.
  "Where you going, pretty face?" My legs began to shake as his grip slowly got tighter. He's way stronger. Way faster. I stood frozen as fear ran through my body. I was alone, without anyone to help. Despite the knowledge I had learned for situations like these, my mind was blank. I couldnt think of a single thing except for the fact I had nothing to do. Suddenly a arm slung around my neck and the boy let go of my wrist.
  "I'd like it if you left my girlfriend alone, thank you." The boys scowled and walked away. 
  My fire alarm went off and he came to my rescue. Thank you, Lee Howon.