I know, now.

Hello, Goodybye, and Everything in Between
 *MYUNGSOOS POV*
   As I looked through the pictures we took on my phone, it seemed to be less significant than it once was. It didn't send a shock through my body anymore. In fact, the only significant thing about the picture was the stray hair that blocked my right eye. Her smile was beautiful without a doubt, but not heart stopping. Not like before. In fact, it only made me think of Minji's warming smile. 
  Laying in my silent room, it was definitely Minji's bold laugh, ringing through my ears. 
  But
  Haeun was the one in my heart, right? 
  Things weren't making sense anymore. Giving up on trying to figure things out, I rolled over and turned off the light next to me. Let's leave these thoughts to sort out on another day. 
 
  *MINJIS POV*
  "See you later, Oppa!", I waved to Hoya, walking to my second period. 
  I quickly made my way into my trig, class and took my seat. Today wasn't exactly tiring, but it wasn't a good day either. If I had to describe it, i'd say it was just plain boring. 
  I thanked the heavens that soccer practices began next week. 
  High school soccer was just around the corner, and this year, i'd be a starting varsity player. I knew it. Last year, I was a bench varsity player. 
  But, I was also practicing with my club team, meaning i'd have at least 3 practices a week. It might be a little pushed, but I can handle. 
  The bell rung, signaling the beginning of second period. The teacher posted the answers to last night's homework on the board, and gave us about 15 minutes to correct. He collected our papers, and began todays lesson, signaling us to take notes. 
  This class was fairly easy, but difficult to stay focused in when it was significantly boring. The only thing that kept me awake during class was the three senior boys who sat around me.
  They were all softly laughing as they threw little paper balls at each other. 
  "Do you three want to leave my classroom? I'm trying to teach my class", Mr.Park turned around, catching them in their act. 
  "Aniyo. We'll behave, seongsaengnim", Woohyun bowed and apologized in behalf of all of them. Mr. Park nodded and returned back to his lesson. 
  The boys looked at each other one final time, and began scribbling in their notebooks. 
  "Dorks", I whispered to myself and laughed. 
  Finally, he finished teaching the lesson and handed us worksheets; homework. With 20 minutes left of class, we began our homework, determined to finish it before the bell rang. 
  "Whats the answer to number 6?", Sunngyu asked with his eyebrows furrowed. 
  "Im stuck on that one too", Dongwoo replied. 
  Without answering, Woohyun and I continued to work on to problem 9. 
  "Yah!", Sunggyu stole my paper. 
  "Oppa!", I screamed. 
  "You should've just told me the answer", he stuck his tongue out and handed me back my paper after glancing at the problem he was stuck on. 
  Continuing on, I clicked my tongue as the wheels in my head turned and my hands were swiftly moving across my paper. 
  I finished the last problem in time, giving me 2 minutes to pack up my things. I took my time packing. As soon as the bell rang, I zoomed out the door and made my way to my third period. 
  While walking through the hallway without a single glance to the faces around me, I heard a voice. 
  "Noona, hold up!", he called. I turned around to find Sungjong. 
  I smiled and waited to catch up. 
  "Alright, let's go", he chuckled when he took a step next to me. We walked together to the next period. 
  We walked through the door and a breeze blew past me, pushing my hair behind me. 
  I took my seat and prayed for time to go by faster, knowing i'd be drained by the end. 
  "You're not gonna say hello?", the figure next to me retorted. I smirked; a natural cocky response. 
  "Well, i'll say it first then", he leaned forward. "Annyoung", he whispered into my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I slightly trembled at the feeling of his breath rolling down the side of my neck. 
  "Wae? Nervous?", he chuckled beside me.
  "Leave me alone", I pushed him away. 
  "Or what? Your prince is going to come and save you?", he smirked. 
  "I can manage on my own", I turned away from him. 
  "No, you cant. Not always", he laughed. 
  "You know Jae Hwa, I really don't know how the hell to define you. You either care or you don't. Which one is it?", I asked. 
  "Both".
  "What the hell do you mean, 'both'. Thats not a valid answer. You either care about me or you don't", My tone became more aggressive. 
  "Stop asking, Princess. Because i'm not answering", he leaned back into his seat. 
  Giving up, I laid my head on my desk. It was difficult- trying to figure him out. I could never get an answer out of him. His personality was too rocky. 
  "Minji, heres last week's quizzes and heres the answer key", seongsaengnim set down the papers. 
  "Okay, i'll do them", I smiled at her. 
  "Jae hwa, you too", she warned, pointing her finger. 
  "Alright umma".
  And that was it. We silently worked beside each other, not bothering to say a word. We finished a lot earlier than expected, leaving us extra time. 
  "Minji, since you're done, can you go and fetch my lunch from the teachers room?", she asked. 
  "Alright, i'll be back", I got up from my seat. 
  "I'll come", Jaehwa got up.
  "No, stay".
  "No", he sped up his pace and walked ahead. 
  Walking slowly behind him, I made my way to the teachers room. The hallway was very silent compared to its usual buzzing activity during non class time. 
  He entered the room before I did. I walked in slowly afterwards only to be greeted by a sudden scream. 
  "Boo!", he jumped out. 
  "Aish", I ruffled my hair in frustration. He laughed, walked over to the fridge, and pulled his mother's lunch out. 
  We began walking back. My mind elsewhere, I failed to notice the set of lockers in front of me. Without a warning, I walked straight into the side of the lockers. 
  "Aish", I rubbed my forehead, trying hard to fight back the tears. 
  "Yah, why are you so clumsy?", He walked backwards toward me. He set down his mothers lunch, moved my hand to the side, and examined my forehead. 
  "It's not going to swell but it might slightly bruise", he said, still examining my forehead. He raised his thumb and lightly rubbed where the bruise was already forming. I winced a bit. 
  "Ah, Mian", he put his hand back down. "Let's get back and i'll get some ice", he said, dragging me back to the classroom. 
  "Here, Umma. We'll be right back", he rushed back out of the room after dropping off his mothers lunch, dragging me with him. "Stay here", he stopped outside of the classroom and ran back to the teacher's lounge. Within a short amount of time, he was running back, a small ziploc bag in his hand. 
  "Here", he handed me the bag. I reluctantly took it. I leaned against the wall behind me and slid down. The atmosphere around us changed, matching his personality. 
  "You're strange", I softly muttered. 
  "Hm?"
  "I said: you're strange", I said a bit louder. He chuckled softly. 
  "Wae? You'd rather me laugh and let it bruise?", he asked. 
  "Ani. Kamsamnida".
  And with that final statement, we sat there and smiled at each other, letting the silence fill the air. 
 
 
  *NARRATORS POV*
  It was friday night. Everyone was packing for the next day. It was a relief they'd be getting away from home for a while. 
  Minji's week had been exhausting. With Jaehwa's rocky personality and her classes' homework, things had become more stressful than before. Packing, she felt a sudden relief wash over her. She'd be spending the weekend with Infinite and Haewon. Yes, she had invited Haewon to come along. This, she thought, was perfect. Being in Busan for the day will keep her mind off of things. Packing her final items, she turned off her lights, zipped up her bag and hopped into her bed. 
  Tomorrow's going to be a long day. 
 
  By 5 am, everyone was at the train station- tickets in hand and ready to board. The train slid in just in time, sending everyone sighing in relief. They filed into the train filling many seats. At first, they tried to make small talk, fighting against their will to sleep, but was unable too. Soon enough, everyone was asleep. 
 
  7am. Minji awoke and checked her phone for the time. There was still about an hour until they arrived in Busan. She searched the train, examining the people around her. Her eyes caught sight of the boy, who's head was against the window, and the girl, who laid across, taking up three seats with her head on his lap. She imagined how comfortable it'd be being in the girl's position. She imagined how warm it'd feel on Myungsoo's lap. 
  Convincing herself to look away, She continued to search the train and saw that she wasn't the only one awake. 
  "Ah, so you finally noticed", he chuckled, pulling his earphones out. 
  "How long have you been up?", she chuckled. 
  "Mm, I woke up around 20 minutes ago", he answered. 
  "What have you been doing?"
  "Listening to music. Watching you sleep", he laughed. 
  "ert", she scolded. She really couldn't deny the sudden raise of her heart rate, though. 
  He got up from where he was sitting and took the empty seat next to her. They both stared out of the train window, watching as the train sped by. There wasn't much to see, but something about the way the speed of the train warped the objects outside of the window was captivating to them. 
  "Are you still tired? I'll let you lay on my lap", Hoya suddenly blurted, tapping his lap. 
  "Ani", she chuckled. "Im fine".
   Just minutes before, he had seen they way she looked at them. He could see the hurt in her eyes. The look on her face urged him to hold her.
  "So", she paused. "You ready to tour around your hometown?", she softly laughed. 
  Hoya felt a sudden pang in his heart. Honestly, he was a little bit sad. "Er, yeah. I missed my grandma and family", he softly smiled. Something in the way he spoke didn't seem right. Sure, it was sentimental, but empty. Something was missing. Something was bothering him. 
  "You okay?", Minji asked. 
  "Yeah. Im good", he sighed. "Im a bit tired though", he yawned softly. "Let me borrow you for a second", he pulled out a small pillow and laid it on her lap. Without a real response to his question, he laid his head down on the pillow- the only barrier between Minji's thigh and him. 
  His eye lids closed and he drifted off to sleep. 
  Minji, fully awake, sat there- unsure where to place her hand. Finally, she decided to rest it on top of his shoulder. 
  She could feel his soft breaths and the slight fidgeting of his fingers that he naturally laid next to her leg. It felt strange, but warm. Yet again, she felt her heart pick up speed at the sudden closeness. 
  It was always the small things he did.
 
  "Next stop for Busan", the voice announced, sending everyone jumping from their slumber. Somehow, the word 'Busan' had become their alarm. They all quickly collected their things and made their way to the parking lot. 
  "My parents already left my car here this morning", Hoya said. 
  They arrived at a truck. 
  "Alright, the girls sit inside the car, I drive and the boys sit in the open trunk", Hoya complained. 
  "What? No", Woohyun argued. 
  "Or you could just stay here. Your choice", Hoya shrugged. 
  "Yah! How can you say that to your Hyung?"
  Hoya's stare remained unchanged. 
  "Aish, fine".
 
  Hoya pressed the brake, bringing the truck to a stop.
  "Well, here's the first stop; Busan's biggest aquarium". 
  Everyone jumped out in excitement, anticipating the day ahead of them. They quickly went inside, and looked at all the creatures. 
  They took pictures, asked questions and observed the sea life creatures. 
  Minji couldn't deny it was nothing less than beautiful. With Haewon next to her the whole time, everything seemed okay. Her worries and troubles had been left back home. Different place, different life. Just for a short while, they all pretended. They believed in what they wanted too. They forgot all the negative things. 
  After taking enough pictures, they exited the aquarium. 
  "The bathroom's over there. Everyone, change into your swimsuits, because we're going to the beach!", Hoya exclaimed.
 
  The beauty about Busan's aquarium was that it sat right in front of Haeundae Beach. All changed and ready, they walked in a group towards the beach. Sunglasses covered their eyes to block out the sun and disguise themselves. It was the best they could do- c'mon. They were at a beach.
  They chose a spot fairly far away from the mass of people, and got ready to jump in the water. Today was a hot day; perfect for the beach.
 
  *HOYAS POV*
   We jumped in the water, bodies partly exposed due to minimal coverage swim suits provide. The water was cool against my skin. The sun rays were warm. They balanced each other, leaving me in a state of peace. Looking around once more, a sudden sadness washed over me. 
  I could almost see us walking across the beach together. Laughing. We weren't even holding hands, but i could remember how nervous I felt just standing next to her. The summers we spent here. The time that passed. I could hear her laugh. When the sand blew in my eyes, she laughed. I remembered. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my arm.
  "Oppa, you okay?", Minji tilted her head. "You seem a little dazed", she finished. 
  Minji's eyes twinkled from the sunlight. Her naturally black hair glowed a dark brown in the sunlight. Suddenly, I felt warmness again.
  I might not be completely over the past. But i've found a future. 
  "Just a bit tired", I laughed. 
  "Well, let's play a game", she suggested. She turned towards the rest of the group, who had been splashing water at each other. "Game!", she announced. Everyone huddled together. 
  "Lets build sand castles!"
  "Ani, that's too hard"
  "Holding breath contest?"
  "Boring"
  Everyone was debating.
   "Race", Haewon suggested. "The boys carry someone on their back and race". Everyone seemed to fancy this idea. We ran out the water and began the pairing. 
  "Okay, Myungsoo carries Haeun. Thats inevitable", Woohyun instructed. "I carry Haewon", he smirked. Everyone hadn't argued. We were all rooting for their relationship to grow, after all. Hyung needed a girl already. He was so cheesy.
  "The only girl left is Minji", he stated. 
  "I'll carry her", I confirmed.
  "Yah, why you?"
  "Cause I called her first", I smirked and pulled her towards me. My heart began beating fast, had that been too aggressive?
 
  After a few minutes of arguing, it was decided that i'd carry Minji, Sunngyu would carry Sunjong, and Dongwoo would carry Sungyeol. Loser would buy lunch. 
  "Alright. From here to that rock", I chose. It was about 30 yards away. It  wouldn't be much if there wasn't weight to carry or sand to run on. But the challenge made it fun. "Alright", I paused. The tension and anxiousness could be felt in the air. I was going to win. I'm setting my mind to it. "Go!"
  We all began running. It was amazing what a little inspiration can do. The weight on my back never stopped encouraging me. It somehow gave me more energy. It was difficult at first, I must say. Tied for first place with Myungsoo and Woohyun, I almost felt my muscles give up.
  "For the food!", Minji chanted. I laughed while running. The sweat was running down my neck and I badly wished to jump into the water. 
  "For the food!", Minji continued to chant. If Minji wanted free food, that's what she'd get. Suddenly, a bolt of energy ran through my body and I broke away from everyone. I was at least 10 feet ahead. The finish line was right there. I could feel my limbs weakening, so I pushed all that I had until I reached the finish line.
  "Oppa! Daebak! Free food!", I could hear Minji screaming. I slumped down against the rock, despite the heat it was giving off. The rest of the members came in one after another. It didn't matter who came 2nd or third, the only thing that mattered was who came in last. Which, was none other than our leader. 
  "Yah! That's unfair. Im older! My bones are much more weaker!"
  "Hyung, you're not that much older than us", the group began arguing. 
  Without much care, I blocked the noise out. However the argument ended, i'd be getting free food anyway. I could hear Minji still babbling about free food. Without anyone else, I jumped into the water to cool off. 
  For a moment, It was only me. And soon enough a splash. And then another. And then another. Everyone came in. Restarting the splashing war, everyone got involved. The taste of salt water stained my mouth now. I stopped for a moment to try and shake as much water as I could our of my hair. My work was useless after a huge splash over came me. 
  "Yah!", I turned to find Minji. Her eyes were filled with excitement and playfulness and soon, was replaced by a bit of fear when she realized she was my next target. Running in water was much more difficult, but it wasn't hard to catch her. Pulling her back by her arms, I pulled her into a headlock. Not tight though, no. I actually didn't put pressure on her neck. I just held her there. 
  It then occurred to me how close she was. Her wet hair against my arm and her back against my chest. No layers. 
  "Oppa", she laughed. "I give up".
  I let her go and she turned towards me, smiling. 
  "I am the king", I praised myself. And together we laughed. 
 
  After a couple of hours at the beach, everyone was tired and sunburnt. 
  "Lunch!", Minji chanted. 
   "Alright, but we're having lunch at ME World", I said, Hopping into the drivers seat. Everyone was still in their swim clothes with only a shirt over it. "But eat light. We're gonna ride some rollercoasters", I chuckled and started the car. 
 
  *MINJIS POV* 
  It melted at the touch of my tongue. The sweet taste sunk in. Instead of eating a big lunch, I settled on cotton candy. I was determined to do as much as possible. 
  "There! I want to ride that!", I pointed. It was one of those dropping rides. It scared the crap out of me, but I enjoyed that gut dropping feeling.
  Beside me, Haewon seemed to disagree. 
  "C'mon. You can sit next to Woohyun", I whispered into her ear. She was hesitant but agreed. 
  And that was how the day went. Suggesting rides. Convincing Haewon. Eating those junk carnival snacks. The light in the sky was slowly dimming down.
  Hoya checked his watch, and something lit up in his eyes. 
  "Here", Hoya pulled my wrist, dragging me along with everyone else behind. "This is the last ride for the day", he stopped. We stood in front of a ferris wheel. "It takes about 15 minutes to finish. We'll be able to see the sun set and the diamond bridge from up there. I promise, it'll be a beautiful sight", he smiled. And the look in his eyes the smile that played across his face hadn't given me a single doubt that he was right. 
  Four people could fit in one carrier. Me, Hoya, Haeun and Myungsoo were in one. Woohyun, Haewon, Dongwoo were in another. And the rest was in another.
  Somehow, fate always had the four of us together. 
  As the ride was about to start, I felt a bit uneasy. I could hear the creaks in the ride and could already imagine the worst. 
  "Yah, don't worry. I've rode this a lot. Its safe", hoya assured. His voice seemed to work, soothing me a bit. The ride started and slowly made its way up. Look across, Myungsoo's arm around Haeun's shoulder, I felt quite envious. It kind of to see someone else living your dream date. 
   As we reached the very top, the ride stopped. I began worrying, coming up with possible problems that could've occurred. 
  "Don't worry, they do this.", he chuckled. He checked his watch and smirked. "Here", he turned my face toward the view. "Just focus on this". Looking out towards the city, I would say it was undeniably beautiful. The bridge itself was quite a presence. But as Hoya counted down, it seemed it'd become much more beautiful. 
  "3,2,1", he snapped. And the sun began slowly descending from the sky. The sunset was beautiful. But beside it, the city lights began to twinkle. It became more vibrant with each second. Within a matter of minutes, the sun was gone. The sky wasn't completely dark yet, but it was dark enough for the city lights to shine. For a moment, I forgot where I was. I forgot about the couple just across of me. I forgot about home. For a moment, it was just me and a handsome boy beside me- who had shown me the beauty of his home. For a moment, I saw him in a different light. But that was only for a moment. 
  The ride started again, bringing us closer and closer to the ground. 
  When we finally reached the ground, the sky was a dark blue. And reality hit me again. Hand in hand, they were in my view again. And it hurt. And it bothered me. 
  "Kaja!", Hoya leaded. 
  What seemed to be the end of the day, wasn't really the end of the day after all.
  Exiting Me World, Hoya lead us to a beach not that far away. At first, I thought it was quite weird. Two beaches in one day? Er.
  But then it came clear to me that it wasn't his intention to swim. 
  
  *NARATTORS POV*
  The city lights could be seen here too, but the real sight laid within the water. 
  Gwangali Beach. 
  Everyone laid on their towels on top of the sand, enjoying their peaceful surroundings. 
  Beside Minji, Hoya sat, looking out towards the water. The moon reflected off of the water. The sound of the sea rushing to shore filled the air. Minji's sight bored into the ripples of the water. Looking out into the black sea, she wondered what it was like to live in the ocean. Would it be more peaceful? 
  She turned towards Hoya with that question in mind. He was looking out towards the sea too, a distant look on his face. It seemed a bit bitter. 
  "What's wrong?", she asked.
  "Oh. Nothing", he shook his head. Minji wouldn't take this for an answer. She noticed it the whole day.  The way he'd switch his emotions from happy to side. How his smile seemed to fade away sometimes. 
  "Tell me. I'll listen.", she shrugged.
  Something in Hoya told him to trust her. And so he did.
  "Before I went of to become a trainee, There was this girl. She was my childhood best friend. In the past, there was rarely a day I didn't spend with her", he paused. "Not long before I left to train, I fell in love with her. And she fell in love with me too", he chuckled bitterly. "We spent each day with each other. Held hands. Laughed. Argued. But there was never a day I didn't appreciate her", he looked down at his hands. "But this was when we were young. Before middle school even. But there was no doubt in my mind that I loved her. It might sound silly, but it's true". Upon hearing this, Minji felt a something in her drop. 
  "I left the year we entered middle school. I promised her i'd be back", his voice seemed to soften. "And when I came back", he sighed "she was gone. I couldn't find her. And to this day, I still don't know where she is.", he sighed. "But I hope she's happy", he smiled bitterly. Minji felt a sense of familiarity. She couldn't completely understand the whole situation, but she understood how he felt. The pain. 
  Her eyes never left his face. She studied him, waiting for him to break down- something. But he just sat there, the same bitter facial expression. Something in her urged her to ask.
  "Do you still love her?"
  And she was scared. Scared for his answer. 
  He took a big sigh. 
  "Maybe", he paused. "Maybe, I do. I know i'll never forget her. I'll never forget the way she made me feel and the time we spent together. But if she were to come back, I wouldn't necessarily run back to her."
  Minji felt a sense of relief and pushed herself to ask another question. 
  "Why not?"
  "Well. Because-", Hoya was cut off by a yell.
  "Hoya! It's already 7:46 Let's go!"
  Somehow, they had stayed at the beach for 2 hours, doing nothing but laying there.
  "Aish.", hoya stood. He picked his towel and pulled Minji up.
  "Go ahead, Oppa. I'll catch up".
  "Are you sure?"
  "Im sure", Minji smiled. Hoya walked ahead, leaving Minji behind.
  After he was about 10 feet ahead, Minji followed behind.
  Looking at his back, Minji thought back to the way his eyes looked. She remembered the way she felt as he told his story. If she was going to be completely honest with herself, she was a bit jealous of that girl- who didn't even have a name. That's when she knew. She was inlove with Hoya. 
  But as she looked beyond his shoulder and saw the couple hand in hand, her heart broke. And she knew she was in love with Myungsoo too. Right before her eyes, there were two guys she loved. Neither in which loved her back. She felt like nothing more than a fool for loving a person she shouldn't have.