When will First Snowfall Come?

Hello, Goodybye, and Everything in Between
*NARRATORS POV* 
  They quickly got off the bus and made their way to the bench at the side of the school. They came here every morning. It sat under a tree that provided shade and it separated them from the mass of students that never seemed to leave them alone. It just made sense to choose that spot. 
  As soon as they sat down, Minji took out her papers from her bags and started working on the trig assignment she decided not to do the night before. 
  "How are you a straight A student? You're always doing your homework in the morning.", Myungsoo sat next to her. Dongwoo and Sungjong were playing some game they made up, creating backround noise that blended with the chirping of the birds resting in the tree.
  "After so much years, it gets tiring and boring. School completely .", she replied, never taking her eyes off her paper. 
  "Then why do you keep worrying about grades and stuff if you dont like it?", Myungsoo asked, shoving his hands into his pocket. 
  "Because i've been a straight A student for so long, its unacceptable to even get B.", Myungsoo shook his head. Such contradicting ideas. 
  "Isn't it easier to just give up?" 
  "No. Nothing good comes out of giving up. Besides, I need to go to a good college if I want someone to pick me up as a soccer player." 
  "You think ahead too much."
  "I have too."
  "No you dont."
  "Oppa, how are your grades, anyway? If you're failing, you're in big trouble.", Minji finally looked up from her paper and pointed the end of her pencil towards him. 
  "Ani, im not. It averages out to a few A's. Mostly B's."  
  Minji nodded and looked back down to her paper. Myungsoo sat there just studying her facial expressions while she was thinking. Her eyebrows furrowed as her hands moved swiftly across the paper. Suddenly, she stopped. She tapped her pencil against her thigh an clicked her tongue. Myungsoo chuckled. She did the same thing back in fifth grade when she was stuck on a problem. He always thought it was cute. 
  Eager to help, he took a glance at her paper. After taking some time, he realized he didn't know how to solve the problem. Actually, he didnt even know how to start a problem. He looked away, embarrassed he couldn't help her with a simple math problem. Infact, He couldn't help her with anything at all 
  What a great friend, Kim Myungsoo
  He thought to himself. 
 
  *HOYAS POV*
  The class was full of small chatter. Girls were gossiping and boys were boasting. Our only assignment we had in science today was to take notes out of our science textbook. Everyone seemed to be having a pretty good start to their day. Well, almost everyone. 
  As I finished the last final note, I checked my watch to calculate how much time left; 42 minutes. I looked to the figure laying beside me. With her arms against the desk supporting her head and her hair covering her face, she was peacefully sleeping. 
  "Minji, get up.", I whined, lightly shaking her arm. She slowly lifted her head and rubbed her face trying to wake herself up. 
  "Wae?", she cried.
  "You haven't tooken a single note!", I pointed at her paper and chuckled. 
  "I'll just study out of the book. I have the textbook at home."
  "Aish, how are you're grades so good? You don't even like school. You don't even like studying!"
  "I don't have to like it to be good at it." 
 I shook my head and poked her nose. Her face twitched, reacting to my sudden touch. 
  "Ya, Oppa. Don't touch my face.", she scolded. She patted her cheeks and squeezed her nose as if her face somehow transformed from my touch. How silly.
  We both laid our heads down, facing each other to continue or conversation. 
  "Myungsoo was commenting on my work ethics earlier too. You guys are so weird.", she chuckled.
  Lately, i've been getting closer to her. In fact, we could carry out a conversation for hours a day, but the fact still remains; Myungsoo had her heart. I knew that. There never goes a day that she doesn't mention him. She knew him all her life; I couldn't change that, But I could change her heart. A person's heart can change. In fact, a person can change their mind a couple times within a day. As long as I stay by your side, I'll have a chance. If I stay here long enough, she's bound to notice me. 
Until the final bell is rung, her heart doesn't belong to him. 
  Just wait, Minji-ah.
 
 *MINJIS POV*
   My classes passed by in a blur. Now in fifth period, it is the last period of the day and I can't seem to remember what I had done all day. I laid my head against my desk and closed my eyes. I'd been sleeping all day. I suddenly shot my head back up and shook my head.  
  I hadn't paid attention in a single class today. I looked up to the board as the teacher went over some english vocabulary. I took out my notebook and quickly scribbled down what was on the board. 
  "Morning sunshine.", Sungyeol chuckled next to me. 
  "Hush."
  He looked back at the board and continued to listen to the lesson. Just as the wheels in my mind began to turn and it was becoming easier to understand the lesson, a paper flew my way. It threw my attention off of the lesson. I picked up the paper and opened it. 
  Myungsoo's afterschool
  I looked to my side to find Sungyeol staring at me. Could he not wait until after class? I furrowed my eyebrows and raised my arm above his head pretending I'd wack him. 
 "Wae?", he lisped.
  I shook my head and pointed to the board.
  
  Now at Myungsoo's house, everyone was spread around his room. It felt unfamiliar to me. It used to be just me and him. With our tiny bodies, this room seemed much bigger. 
  "What are we going to do?", Sungjong whined. He noticeably had more energy than any of us. He continued to suggest ideas, but I just blocked him out. Despite the amount of sleep I accumulated from my classes, I was exhausted. Being the only one on the bed, I wrapped the blanket around me and sat up. My eyes wandered out the window, and I noticed the sky was a dark gray. Within a couple of seconds, heavy rain drops fell from the sky. It hit the rooftop hard, making loud thudded noises. I threw the blanket off and stood from the bed.
  "Let's play in the rain."
All the boys lifted themselves off the floor and questionably looked at each other. 
  "Let's go!", Sungjong jumped, putting his arm around my neck. Despite being a year younger, He was taller than I was. 
  Reluctantly all of Infinite agreed. Myungsoo gave all of us old shirts to change into and we made our way outside. 
  Immediately, I ran into the open road and let the raindrops hit my body. I inhaled the smell of rain mixed with the heat from the road. I took my shoes off and threw them under cover. Now barefoot, I walked across the road. The road was a calming warm-- very unusual compared to the heat it usually gave off from the scorching sun. Suddenly, I realized I was the only one out in the rain. I turned to look for the boys. They hid under the rooftop, only sticking out their feet and hands. I ran over and pushed all of them out; Except for Woohyun. He continued to dodge me before I could lay my finger on him. 
  "Oppa, did I ever tell you how handsome you are?", I joked. He seemed to soften and I hugged him, getting him wet. 
  "You're wet already, come out.", I ushered.
  Finally that everyone was out in the rain, we all started to run. We jumped in puddles and even played tag. It was one of the most enjoyable moments I had in a while. Our hands were getting wrinkly-- evidence of the time we spent out in the rain. 
    
 
  *NARRATORS POV*
  The rain continued to fall, hitting the coal black road. Minji cupped her hands and let the rain fall in, creating a small puddle. She turned behind her without looking who was there and threw the excess water into their face. 
  "Yah, you better run!", Myungsoo warned. 
  Minji turned as fast as she could and dashed away. With Myungsoo tight on her back, she tried to gain speed. Her feet pushed off of the ground and her arms were pumping hard. Taking a glance back, her eyes lost focus in front of her. Suddenly, a pain shot through her foot. Still in motion, she attempted to stop herself, planting her free foot to the ground. With the road being slippery because of the rain, she stumbled. As her body approached the ground, she twisted to her side and covered her head with her arms, falling on her side. Myungsoo saw the whole fall unfold in front of his eyes. His chest tightened and his playful smirk faded. He quickly ran to her side as she began pushing herself off the floor. 
  "Are you okay? Did you hit your head?", he crouched beside her and examined her forehead. She chuckled and pushed his hand away. 
  "My head is fine, Oppa. I fell on my side. It wasn't a hard fall, but I did step on something."
  "Which foot, this one?", He pointed to Minji's right foot. She nodded and he quickly moved to examine under neath her foot. His eyes were soft and his hands moved slowly, being attentive on where he placed them. Minji's chest tightened and her heart gained speed as she watched the scene in front of her. This would make such a romantic scene in such different circumstances. 
  The rest of the boys ran to Minji, cutting off the scene in her head. 
  "She stepped on a rock.", Myungsoo confirmed. "It's not bad, but it's going to be there for a while. It might hurt to run or walk for a few days."
  All the boys looked at each other worriedly, not knowing what to do next. Hoya took matters in his own hands and lifted Minji up. With Minji's arms around his neck and her body in his arms, his heart began to beat fast and he worried she could feel it. Nonetheless, he kept on a poker face and carried her to the sidewalk infront of Myungsoo's house. 
  "First Aid Kit.", He commanded. With Minji's well being on the line, Hoya felt an urge of leadership. Everyone else was frozen. Myungsoo ran into his house, retrieving the kit as fast as he could. He set it down beside Minji. 
  Hoya reached to open it when Myungsoo's hand stopped him.
  "I'll do it."
  Hoya didn't know why, but he backed off, allowing Myungsoo to help Minji. 
  Hoya walked away, leaving Minji and Myungsoo alone.
  "Miahne. I shouldn't have chased you that far.", he apoligized as he cleansed her cut.
  "Oppa, it wasn't your fault. We were just playing. I was the one not paying attention.", Minji responded, wincing a bit at the pain. 
  Myungsoo put a bandage on her cut and wrapped a gauge on it for extra measures. 
  "Thanks, Oppa."
  "It's the least I could do."
  They sat in silence until Minji spoke up. 
  Looking up as the rain fell down, her mind wandered to something she'd been meaning to ask. 
  "Oppa, do you remember the first, first snow fall we had together?"
  Both of their minds drifted back to that day, years before. Third grade. On that year- the day of first snow fall- they spent it together making snowmen, snow angels and having snowball fights. They promised eachother they'd spent every year's first snow fall together.
  "I do."
  Minji smiled to herself, glad he hadn't forgotten. 
  "Miahne. I couldn't keep my promise."
  "Don't be sorry. It was for your dream. You came back anyway, didnt you?"
   "I did. But it seems I can't help you much anymore, huh?"
  "Huh? What do you mean?"
  "I keep failing to help you. I couldn't protect you back at the strip mall. I couldn't find you when you were on the rooftop. I couldn't help you as you fell in the rain. Damn, I couldn't even help you with that math problem. Hoya is always saving you.", he smiled bitterly to himself. 
  "Oppa, you've done so much for me. You always saved me from the bullys when we were the younger and you were always by my side. Im old enough now, stop worrying about me. Words can't express what a big part you are in my life."
  "But minji-ah, i'm suppose to do all those things."
  "No, you're not. Not anymore. Stop feeling guilty for the problems that you cant solve. Some of them are just out of your control." 
  "But Hoya is always there to help."
  "Regardless, it's not something you need to worry about anymore. The fact that you care for me is enough. I'm okay. Stop worrying."
  Myungsoo nodded. Although he was not completely satisfied, he felt lighter. It was hard to accept, but Minji was old enough now. He smiled to himself. When did the little girl he knew grew to be so independent? 
 
  As the rain dulled down to a drizzle, all the infinite members along with Minji, sat at the edge of the sidewalk. It was much colder now that they were no longer running around. The wind blew past them, causing bumps to form on their skin. 
  "Let's go inside and drink something warm.", Myungsoo suggested, breaking the silence. Hoya carried Minji in and the rest of the boys followed behind. 
  Wrapped in a blanket while laying on the couch, Minji waited patiently for her hot cocoa. Finally, the boys came out and she was handed a warm ceramic cup. She slightly bowed, thanking them. As usual, they were taking things out of proportion and wouldn't let her walk on her foot.
  She inhaled the warm aroma, feeling it travel throughout her body. 
She blew on the surface of her drink, cooling it off and took a sip. 
  "About the first snow fall," Myungsoo too a seat next to her. "I'll spend it with you. Every year from now on."
 She smiled back at him.
  For years, she waited for him to come back. Every snow fall she spent alone while he was gone, she could only wait anxiously for his return. This year, she'd be anxiously waiting for the first snowfall.