Im not that Girl

Hello, Goodybye, and Everything in Between
Narrator pov
 
  With his arm still around the back of her neck, he looked into the distance as he watched the group of boys walk away, but she was looking at him. She looked up at him, and her eyes fell at his lips. Her cheeks turned a very light pink. Her eyes continued to wander, examining his face. Anger. It was clearer than anything that he was angry. As soon as the group of boys were out of sight, he looked down at her, making eye contact. He was prepared to yell at her-- to scold her, but after seeing the fear and innocence in her facial expression, he couldn't do it. 
  "Why are you here alone? It's already pretty late to be out." He dropped his arm from her shoulder. Suddenly, the security and warmth she felt had disappeared and she felt vulnerable. She hadn't recovered yet from the incident that just took place and she craved for him to hold her again. 
  "I-I... I was waiting for Myungsoo."
  Hearing his name sent a electric shock threw his body, and he became frustrated and angry. 
  "How long were you waiting?" He softly asked, trying to control his voice.
  "Huh?"
  "How long were you waiting for him?", he raised his voice. He hadn't shouted or yelled, but the sudden force in his voice made Minji jump. Even his eyes seemed unfamiliar. 
 "Maybe two hours.", she softly replied. 
  "Two hours? Minji, are you out of your mind? You sat here for two hours alone? Have you no sense?" He yelled. Minji lowered her head. She couldn't recognize his voice. She could barely recognize him at all. The man who had saved her and gave security a minute ago was now sending shivers down her spine. Just then, Myungsoo ran up to them. 
  "Minji, I am so sorry. I lost track of time."
  "It's okay, Oppa", Minji reassured despite the disappointment she secretly felt. She just wanted to go home. She wanted to forget this ever happened. 
  "Okay? This is not okay. Do you understand what would've happened if I hadnt shown up, L? She was almost harassed! How could you just let her wait for you so long?" Hoya screamed. This side of Hoya was foreign to even Myungsoo. Hoya was never the type to yell so loudly. Myungsoo couldn't find the words to say. Harassed? His bones began to ache and his stomach began to turn. His eyes turned soft and he stared at his bestfriend. 
  "Minji, is that true?" His voice cracked. When he returned, he promised he'd always protect Minji after leaving so abruptly, and he couldn't even keep that promise. He felt worthless, sick. Someone else had protected her. What made it worse was, it was his fault. It was like a bird having its crumbs of bread taken away by another. The guilt was quickly eating away at him, and Minji could see how fast it was progressing. 
  "Oppa, dont worry. Im fine, really. Its okay."
  "Its not okay. You would've been hurt, Minji. If Hoya wasn't here to help you, and something happened, I-I-I... I dont know what id do. Your innocence would've been on my hands. Minji...", Myungsoo spoke quickly, the guilt strongly present in every word that flowed out of his mouth. Minji has already forgiven him. It was Hoya who hadn't. 
  "Im taking her home now. You find your own way home.", Hoya stated
Coldly, tugging at Minji's arm. She fought against him and walked back to Myungsoo. She handed him money for bus fare. It was the least she could do. She walked back to Hoya, who's cold composure still hadn't changed. He brought her to his car, buckled her in, and started driving.
  "I didnt know you had your license." 
  "I dont"
  "Then how-"
  "I only have my permit. I know how to drive, dont worry.", he coldly stated. She slumped down in her seat. The air was tense around them and time was passing by slowly. It was silent. Suddenly, she began singing a soft lullaby. It was her way of trying to relax his running emotions. Her voice had taken affect, and his grip loosened around the steering wheel and his eyebrows un furrowed. Her voice was heavenly, flowing through his ears. He had to look down at his phone to check if he had his earphone plugged in, making sure it was really Minji's singing. His tensed shoulders dropped down and by the end of the lullaby, Hoya's anger had disappeared. 
 
 They finally arrived to her house. He stops the car, and for a moment, they sit in the silent still air and could only hear a soft high pitched ring. She unbuckled herself and collected her things. 
  "Thanks. For coming to my rescue again.", she softly thanked, bowing without any eye contact. She pulled on the handle, opening the door. Just when her right foot set down on the pavement, he stopped her.
  "Minji, I'm-" He stopped mid sentence and let out a big sigh. "Im sorry for yelling. I just.. I was just so worried and frustrated."
  "Don't worry Oppa. It was no big deal.", she softly smiled. He softly smiled back, but he knew it scared her. He could never take that back. She closed his car door, waved and walked into her house. He slammed his steering wheel. What the hell has gotten into him? How could he lose it like that infront of her? How could he scare her like that?
 
  Myungsoo was laying on his bed, staring at his ceiling. Despite what happened with Haeun a while ago, nothing could make him feel any less guilty for leaving Minji like that. He was late because he officially asked Haeun to be his girlfriend. And she said yes. But nonetheless, his best friend was more important to him. His fingers were picking at the loose shred on his bed sheet and his left arm was supporting the back of his neck. He suddenly sat up and threw his pillow at the door. He rested his elbows against his knees and laid his face against his hands. Myungsoo wasn't much of a poet. He didnt have the ability to write a paragraph filled with big vocabulary words and beautiful scenery or figurative language to explain how he felt. He only had one word to describe it; Crappy. 
 
  The night had gone by quickly and the sun was now rising. Out of them three, the only one who got a good rest was Minji. She lived on late nights and coffee in the morning, so four hours was more than enough sleep. Now boarding the bus, all three of them were silent. Myungsoo and Hoya, mostly because they could barely even concentrate on their surrounds. Their minds were slipping away, craving for sleep. Minji literally had to help drag them to their bus seat. They slept until 
they got to school. 
  Now that they had about 30 more minutes of rest, they could function a little bit more and could actually walk until they found a place to sit. 
  
  "Drink up." Minji dropped two cups of coffee infront of their heads that were laid against a table. They rose their head and opened their sleepy eyes. 
  "Wow, you're guys' eye bags are really dark." 
  They both just scowled and sipped from their coffee. All struggled to sleep the night before for the same reason. They tossed and turned in bed, all thinking about the incident that had occurred that day. Hoya promised he'd give Myungsoo a good scolding, but completely forgot about it when he woke up in the morning. He was too exhausted.
 
  The day passed by slowly. Time had a funny way of disobeying peoples' request. Everyone was aching for lunch. None of them could focus at all in class. Even as they took notes, they only focused on the clock, not being mindful to what words they were writing on their paper. Finally, the lunch bell rang, and everyone left their classrooms ask quick as possible. 
 
  They all met at the bench that they usually do, waiting to leave for the pizza shop. All tired, especially because it was a monday, they all sat, slumped. Suddenly, a feminine mature voice came out of the blue
  "Myunggie~" it was very strange to hear that name, even more so because of the tone of voice. It sounded very calm. All of infinite and Minji looked up.
  "Oh, Haeun, Hi!", Myungsoo was smiling boldly now, despite the fact he was just snoozing off a few minutes ago. Minji looked at the other members, trying to make sense of it all. Myunggie? Are they..? 
  "Are you coming to lunch with us?", Myunggie asked. 
  "No, I have to study for a big test next period. Mian." He nodded his head in understanding, hugged her, and they seperated ways.
  Now, with all eyes on him, Myungsoo was put in the spotlight. They were sitting in the pizza shop, all staring at him-- waiting for him to confirm their suspicion. Finally, he nodded.
  "I was gonna tell you, Minji. Yesterday. Thats why I was late. But when I came back, and that happened because I was gone, I couldn't. It was wrong for me to be happy and you to be frightened like that. Im sorry.", Myungsoo apologized. This conversations has now only included him and Minji. The pizza had come, and everyone was fighting for a slice; Everyone besides Myungsoo and Minji. 
  "Really, its okay. I wasn't mad at you. I promise, its fine.", Minji patted his shoulder. Myungsoo felt a sudden weight lifted off his chest. The guilt will alway bother him, but at least it's less intense now. 
 
 
  The bus drove off, leaving a cloud of dust and gas behind. Minji had practice, so she didnt even bother to ask if any of the infinite members were free. She went on her way home, got ready and relaxed until she had to leave. 
 
  Sweat beading down her neck, and her pony tail now loosening, Minji was putting all her energy and focus into practice. To release all the mixed emotions from the past couple days. The disappointment. The heartbreak. The fright. To forgot all the scenes she had witnessed, wishing she hadn't. This was her element. Where everything made sense, despite the hardwork. Even through the failed attempts, she could improve. She couldn't change anything that had happened outside of practice. So she soaked in this time, appreciating every minute she had and pushing herself to succeed. She only had one hour left until the end of practice.
  A whistle has blown.
  "Water." They all depart from the cones set on the grass, and walked to their water. 
  "You seem pretty focused today. You're not even talking to any other teamates. Something on your mind?", Haewon had asked. She had a strong sense when it came to Minji. Minji could always count on her for a listening ear. 
  "Just something happened. Its not a big deal.", she shrugged. Suddenly a loud yell was heard, turning all of the teamates heads. Infinite has showed up to their practice. Before all the girls could scream and shout, the coach called them in for shooting drills. None even dared to disobey, or there would be some tiring consequences. As haewon turned to walk away, her face had the slightest smirk, trying hard to maintain her composure. But her eyes were filled with excitement. Before Minji turned away to walk, she pointed at haewon, whos back was now facing them.
  "Woohyun Oppa, thats her.", she lisped. He chuckled and threw his thumb up.
  
  The wind is blowing hard and the sun has already left the sky. The only source of light was the ones on the street. It was extremely cold, especially because of the sweat that drenched their clothes. They all put on jackets, yelled their team cheer, and left to their separate cars. Infinite was no longer waiting, but already set inside the car. As soon as she entered the car, loud voices could be heard.
  "Minji-ah, you're skills are daaaeeebaaak~" sungjong praised. It was funny to see the maknae acting cute. 
  "We should challenge one day. Ive never played soccer, but I think i could keep up.", Hoya added. 
  "You're on."
  "You stink.", Myungsoo suddenly budded in. Minji raised her hand and swatted the back of his head. All of infinite laughed, and they went on their way home. 
    
  *MINJI POV*
   After infinite had showed up to my practice, i've been getting floods of messages from my teamates
  Minji-ah, let me meet them
  Minji-ah, youre so lucky!
  Minji-ah could you get them to scrimmage us? 
 
I never understood why one of my teamates wanted to SCRIMMAGE them, but hey-- its their prerogative. 
  My practice level was quite intense, and even though it was a great help to the progression of my skills, I really regret it. 
  When I woke this morning, my thighs and calves felt sore and bruised. I even discovered a bruise on my lower back, which was quite questionable. Nonetheless, I got ready for school. Instead of taking the bus today, Dongwoo was taking us to school. All of us except for Myungsoo, that is. Haeun was picking him up. 
  I must admit, I was hanging on a thread. Each day, im coming closer to losing it, really. 
 
  We're sitting at the regular pizza shop we go on a daily basis. At the moment, its only me and Myungsoo. The rest of the members went to order and buy drinks for everyone. Our whole conversation so far was mainly about Haeun. 
  Shes so smart, Minji
  Shes funny, Minji
  We did this at our date, Minji. 
  Every word was like a dagger through me. His words were flowing out of his mouth smoothly and his smile only grew bigger with each word he said. Myungsoo was never the type to fawn over girls, but man, was he fawning. His words were bullying my emotions, pushing my tears closer to the edge of my eyelids each time. I was going to break. My hands were clenched tightly and I was already holding her breath. I was trying my hardest to nod and smile, but it only got duller. My facade was breaking. I couldn't handle anymore. Suddenly, Infinite re-entered the room, cutting off the scene's . I inhaled air again and unclenched my fists. I closed my eyes, as my tears retreated. 
  "You okay? Your face is kind of red.", Hoya sat next to me. 
  "Im good." He stared at me for a while, and I pretended not to notice as I ate a slice of pizza. Finally he broke his gaze, turning towards his food. He can't know. No one can know. 
  
  🎶"I've got chills. they're multiplyin', and im loosin' control.."🎶, Myungsoo sang. It was sixth period. As a in class assignment, we were all seperated into groups and had different scenes from the movie, Grease. Myungsoo, Woohyun, Dongwoo and I were one group. We got the very last scene. Me, being the only girl, had to play the main lead; sandy. This was a dumb assignment to begin with, but the teacher claimed it tested our skills. Whatever. 
 🎶"You better shape up, 'Cause I need a man. And my heart is set on you.."🎶 
Those words couldn't be more accurate. 
  🎶Youre the one the I want.
  Oo-oo-oo, Honey.", we harmonized, and damn, did it feel magical. Despite the the big smiles we shared, and how right it felt to me, I had to face the truth. This was a scene. It was fake. We werent Danny and Sandy, and I was the only one feeling this way. I'm stuck with these feelings, wanting someone I couldn't have. He has a girl. And that girl wasn't me.