A Bunny Surprise

Hello, Goodybye, and Everything in Between
*NARRATORS POV* (same day) 
 
   After an exhausting day, all Minji wanted to do was throw herself on her bed and sleep. She hadn't physically done much all day, infact , this was usually her favorite day- seeing that there was no practice. She was exhausted emotionally. All day, her heart erratically beat, her chest tightened, and her mind had been racing with so much negative and contradicting thoughts, that she barely could handle it. Frankly, she wished she didnt have any feelings at all. She just wanted to go home... But there was still the bus ride she had to get through. She lazily climbed the bus steps, frustrating the people behind her who wanted to hurriedly leave. She walked down the slim isle, and took a seat in the right column of seats in the very back. She plopped herself down, and leaned her head against the windows and plugged in her ear phones. She was listening to soft broadway music. Yes, she enjoyed that kind of music. Especially on days like this. Someone plopped in the space next to her, and the engine of the bus started, causing her to jump out of her seat. 
  "Wow. You look exhausted. You okay?", Lee Howon asked. He leaned in closer to her face, examining her eye bags. Minji would've found this insulting on any other day, but today she didn't even notice, despite him being only couple inches away from her. 
  "Today was exhausting. I hate this place.", she silently cursed the school. Hoya softly chuckled, and she laid her head upon the window once again, the transparent glass now buzzing from the engines activity. 
  She opened her eyes suddenly, and searched the bus for that one familiar face.
  "Where Myungsoo?", She turned to Hoya. 
  "With Haeun. Theyre going to grab something to eat then go to the park." Of course. 
  She took in a breath, and nodded, pretending it didnt matter. 
  "I know you're tired, but do you want to go a couple rounds of soccer? I have my old cleats at home.", Hoya asked, already thinking she'd say no.
  "Mmm.. If you buy me food.", she said, now up and alive. If there was anything she enjoyed more than sleep, its food. On days like these, she wanted chocolate. They gave her an inner satisfaction.  
  "Deal." 
  After hearing his agreement, she didn't feel that tired anymore. In fact, it almost felt as she hadn't been tired at all. 
 
  *MINJIS POV*
  I dropped the ball and passed it to towards him. 
  "You start.", I challenged, already getting in a defensive position. He planted his left foot next to the ball, his body hovering over it. I briefly looked up and saw a familiar glint in his eyes; ambition. That was when I knew, it was going to be a real challenge. 
  We stayed in the same position for a minute at most, but the tension and adrenaline kick was high. Despite it being a friendly match, this still put my pride on the line. 
  Finally the challenge begun.
  It was quite difficult to keep up with him. He was quick and shifty and had much more stamina, but I knew how to slow him down. I am originally a defender after all. As he dribbled toward me, I kept calm and patient and just delayed, looking for an opportunity. Finally, he tried to pull a move and I saw my chance. I flicked my foot out, stealing the ball away. Before I could break through, he was already by my side, challenging me for the ball. I almost lost my balance and he saw the chance to steal the ball, but only made it harder on himself by kicking it farther away from the both of us. I was closer. I had the upperhand, and he knew it. I ran towards the ball, shielding his view of it. I was only a few inches away from it now. I stick my foot out to bring it back to my control when a hand slid around my waist and began pulling me away from the ball. My stomach began to stir, but my competitive side continued to fight for the ball. My right leg continued trying to reach it as I was only dragged farther from it. Now being a farther distance than he was, Hoya had the upper hand, AND the speed. He took this to his advantage, took the ball and ran down the field. I didn't even attempt to take it back. I was out of breath and my cheeks were reddening from the sudden skinship. Luckily, I was already red from the physical activity, so my blush wasn't even noticed. 
  "Yah! You cheater!"
  I turned to the source of the sound, and found a small crowd of boys. I hadn't even noticed them.
  "You can't do that to Noona! Too much skinship!" 
  I chuckled at Sungjong's argument. 
  "She would've won, you cheater!"
  All of the member complained. Well, it was obvious who they were rooting for. Hoya just chuckled and shook his head. 
  "I wasn't cheating. Theres no rules!"
  All the members playfully scowled at him. As a man, he needed to protect his pride. A girl beating him would be damaging to his pride, no matter how experienced she was. 
  "There was no rules everyone, now stop bickering.", I finalized. I took a seat on on the floor, leaning against a thick metal pole. 
  "But, win or lose-- you, own me food.", i pointed at my challenger. I hummed a random tune to myself, smiling to myself and swaying my head back and forth. 
  "Alright, a deal's a deal. What do you want?"
  "Chocolate. Any chocolate. And a gatorade."
  "Thats all?"
  "Thats all im craving."
  "Alright, wait here. Ill go."
  I nodded and he jogged away.
 
 *NARRATOR POV*
  A car, much fancier than the rest in its current environment, parked into the park's parking lot. A very pretty girl sat in the drivers seat and next to her sat a very handsome boy. They stepped out of the car and made their way to the park. Walking down the concrete sidewalk, hand in hand, a normal bystander would wonder why such a glamorous couple was spending their day at a public park. 
  When Minji looked towards the park's entrance, checking if Hoya had come back with her chocolate, she spotted them. Unknowingly, she had already put on a fake smile. They gradually approached and greeted everyone. Minji greeted Haeun, using the word "Unnie" instead of Haeun, because that was the friendly and formal thing to do.  Suddenly, the emotional exhaustion that had evaporated had returned and Minji was feeling impatient about her chocolate. But, she held her ground and just sat in silence as everyone laughed and joked--everyone but her. For some reason now, each sound seemed more vivid and sharp. She could hear every voice and laughter, even when they were all speaking at the same time.  It became overwhelming. She needed to get away. She couldn't stay here anymore. She stood up, drawing unwanted attention. 
  "I'm a little tired. I'll be in the rec for a bit.", she lightly smiled, trying not to alarm anyone. 
  "Is something wrong?", Myungsoo asked shifting, already trying to stand up to check up on his best friend. 
  "No, everything is fine Oppa, dont worry. Im just going inside for a bit. Go on with your guys' conversation.", she smiled again. She just wanted to be alone for a bit. She needed space, somewhere to breath. She knew exactly where she was going. As she walked away, her friends watched her from behind. Somehow, they felt she would collapse at any time. They all had seen the lost energy in her body language. Not until she was out of sight did infinite return to their conversation, but Myungsoo still kept his eyes glued to the door. 
  She walked up the flight of stairs and went onto the balcony. Before bringing the ladder down, she checked if anyone was around to see. After being sure there wasn't, she climbed up and closed the door behind her. The weather had cooled down compared to the heat during school. She sat on the chair her and Myungsoo had brought years ago, leaned back, and looked at the clouds. She no longer felt stuffy. Infact, she felt a little bit at peace. But, she was still exhausted. The same tiredness from the bus took over Minji's body, causing her to yawn. She checked her phone for the time; 4:52. She turned it on silent, set it down and relaxed her whole body. Her eyelids grew heavy. 
 'I'll just close my eyes for a bit', she promised herself.
 
  *HOYA'S POV* 
  The gas station's door slid open and I slightly skipped inside. Most times I disliked spending money on others, but not today. I hurriedly walked to the refrigerated drinks and picked up a light blue gatorade; the same flavor Minji had bought many nights ago. I walked over to the candy isle and picked up a hersheys bar and a kit kat. I looked at the requested items I held in my hands and felt I wasn't getting her enough. I twirled around, searching the isle for something I could get her. It was against her request, but I could afford it. I took one final look at the items in the isle and decided there was nothing else that She'd be interested in. I walked up to the register, reached into my pocket to pull out my wallet and spotted a tiny display board sitting ontop of the register's counter. The display board held little keychains. That's when I spotted it; a cute bunny keychain. It was pink and it's cheeks were a rosy red. 
  "Ill get this too.", I pulled off the keychain, and handed it to the cash register. I paid for my items and walked out the store. I stopped infront of the crosswalk that led to the park and took the keychain out of the plastic bag. I could feel my heart racing. I put it back into the bag, struggling to hold back my smile as I try to picture how she'd react. When I had gotten back to the group, I realized Myungsoo and Haeun had realized. I greeted them and searched the group for Minji. I then realized she wasn't there. 
  "Wheres Minji?"
  "In the rec center. Why?"
  I lifted the bag I was holding and they nodded understanding. I turned and walked towards the rec center. When I walked inside, I searched for her, and already began smiling imagining how happy she'll be I give her her chocolate. Before I left, she was really excited. I searched the main room and saw that it was completely empty. My smile faded and my heart began beating faster again; this time for a completely different reason. I ran back out to the group.
  "Minji's not in the main room."
  Everyone stood up instantly, looks of worry washed over their faces. They all ran inside, checking the main room again, making sure I hadn't over looked anywhere. When she wasn't there, everyone became more worried. 
  "Did she go home?", Sunggyu asked, trying to figure where she was. 
  "No, there's no way. We would've seen her walk out. Plus, she'd never leave without telling us.", Myungsoo logically explained. His voice remained calm but his eyes were saying otherwise. I knew what he was thinking. He was panicking, He was scared, but most of all, he was angry. Angry at himself. Angry for not knowing what to do. If anything happens to her, he'd never forgive himself. That feeling, I knew well from years before. 
  "Everyone split up. Me and Myungsoo will search upstairs, sungyeol and woohyun search the room next door, and you three go outside in the back of the rec center.", I commanded. Everyone nodded, trying to be as fast as possible and split up. We searched every closet and door. We searched up and down and side to side. We even switched areas and searched again, but no one could find her. We tried calling her, but she wasn't answering. It's been an hour since anyone's seen her and everyone was becoming more and more agitated. It was clear that Myungsoo was picturing the worse right now. I closed my eyes and cleared my mind-- I had to think-- and thats when it hit me. 
 "The rooftop.", I snapped my head up. Only Myungsoo heard, and he was the only one that needed to hear. We ran up as the others continued searching on the first floor. 
 
  *MYUNGSOOS POV*
  
  My heart was beating quickly. I could hear my blood pumping through my body at a fast rate. Minji was missing. I had failed to protect my best friend once again. I was already picturing the worst. If anything happened to Minji, i'd never forgive myself. As more time passed, my thoughts became more unorganized, making it difficult to think. I stood in place, hand in my hair, trying to think of something. Thats when I heard him say it.
  "The Rooftop."
  We both looked up at each other, and dashed up the stairs. My heart slightly ached when I realized how mindless I was being. How had Hoya thought of that place when it was Minji and My's secret to begin with? We reached the balcony, and pulled down the ladder. As we climbed up, I held my breath. It was the last place she could be. If she wasnt there, then something mustve happened. When we finally reached the top, We spotted a figure, lying in a chair peacefully sleeping. We both let out a big breath. 
 
*NARRATORS POV*
  Myungsoo immediately ran to the sleeping figure and hugged her. Feeling a sudden pressure on her body, Minji woke up, startled. 
  "Whats wrong Oppa?", she groggily asked. 
  "We couldnt find you. We were all so worried. I thought something happened to you." 
  He spoke quickly and hugged her tighter. She laughed, patting his back.
  "Okay, okay. Calm down. Im fine."
  A couple feet away, Hoya watched the whole scene. He chuckled at their interaction but felt an inner bitterness. He calmly walked over.
  "Minji-ah, you made everyone so worried. Here. Your chocolate.", he handed her the plastic bag. 
  "Mianhe, Oppa. Kamsamnida for the chocolate."
  "Its fine. But, i think you got a little sunburnt from sleeping out on the rooftop.", Hoya chuckled and poked her cheek. She really was sunburnt.
  They walked back down, and Minji was bombarded by a crowd of hugs and cries and "we were so worried"'s. She felt very fortunate to have friends that care for her so much. When they were asked where they had found her, none of them said a word. That was their secret place and no one else's.
 
  *MINJIS POV*
 
  Haeun drove home and infinite walked me home. I think they'll be doing this a lot more often now after today's scare. When I finally reached home, we said our goodbyes and separated ways. When I reached my room, I pulled out the Gatorade Hoya bought me and took a sip. I felt a little thirsty after my nap. I switched on the tv and only a couple minutes into my korean drama, "The master's Sun", My phone rang. I picked it up and read the message.
   Do you like it?
  At first I was confused, but then I realized what he was talking about; the chocolate. I grabbed the chocolate out of the plastic bag and threw the bag on the ground. I heard a very light thud as the bag hit the floor. The bag wasnt empty. I picked it back up and stuck my hand back in, searching for what had made that noise. My hand then grazed a soft fabric and pulled it out of the bag. It was a keychain. Now I understand what Hoya was asking.
  Its so cute! Kamsamnida, Oppa~
  I texted back. I took a closer look to the keychain. It was a bunny. It 's pink and has floppy ears. Its cheeks are red; blushing. Its whiskers were spread out and the tongue was slightly sticking out. Oh, how cute. I connected the key chain to my phone. I looked at it and couldn't help but laugh in joy. I petted my keychain, pretending it was actually real. You frequently surprise me from time to time, Lee Howon.