As Long as He's Happy

Hello, Goodybye, and Everything in Between
  *MINJIS POV* 
  I brushed my bangs out of my face, picked up my messenger purse, and walked out my front door. A car abruptly stopped in front of me, and the window rolled down. 
  "Get in."
  It's a Friday. A No-School friday, for some teacher work day, or something like that. I decided to spend the day with Haewon. 
  It's been only two days since that day I supposedly "went missing", and Infinite was being really protective. They made sure where I was at all times and at least one of them was always with me. It became suffocating. I explained that I wasn't really missing, they just couldn't find me- but they didn't budge. They'll get over this phase in a couple days, but for now, I need some space. This morning when I woke up, I made plans with Haewon and ignored all of infinites messages. I did reply once, and only once. 
  Im fine Myungsoo, im just going to relax today. You guys do your own thing. 
  They continued to send messages, saying things like; where are you? , are you sick, why arent you answering?
  But today was my day to get away for a bit. From the security but most importantly, my emotional exhaustion. 
  We pulled up to the ball and hopped out. The warm sunlight hit my skin, defrosting the cold from the AC in the car. We both made our way into the mall. It's been a while since i've gone here. Somehow, it felt very fresh and new. 
  After walking in and seeing all the stores, I decided to let it all go; The thoughts and emotions. Im only going to focus on pampering myself.
 
  Holding my bubble drink in one had and a using my other to look at a shirt on display, I can't help but feel at utter peace. I was never a shopaholic, but this seemed to be my stress reliever. 
    As I was debating wether to buy a cute floral dress, a pair of hands covered my eyes. As I took in a deep breath, on the verge of panicking, I smelt a mix of cologne and roses. I realized who it was and calmed down.
  "Oppa, I know its you.", I pulled the pair of hands away and turned to face Myungsoo. 
  "How'd you know?"
  "You still smell the same. Your mom still makes you use as those rose smelling products?"
  "Aish, I sprayed men's perfume on me though!"
  "It was probably your hands. Do you still use the lotion?"
  "... Yeah."
  "Why do you even use lotion anyway? Wait, why are you here? How'd you find me?", I questioned. I began searching the store, trying to spot the rest of the boys. 
  "They're not here, they're coming later.", he answered my thoughts. "And, I didnt know you were here. I just came here since I didn't have a schedule and I saw you. Why weren't you answering your phone?" 
  "Because, I'm with Haewon"
  "Who?"
  "Soccer friend."
  Myungsoo nodded in understanding. Thats when Haewon showed up. 
  "Who's this?", she asked, holding her bags. He was covering his eyes with sunglasses and wearing a hoodie as a cover up, so she didn't recognize him. He turned towards me and I nodded, letting him know it was okay to tell her. He hesitated for a bit, questioning himself first, and finally slid down the glasses
  "Omo, omo, omo, omo", she began squealing. Myungsoo instantly re-covered his eyes. We both put our finger to our lips, signaling her to be quiet.
  "Okok. Where's all of the other members? What about Woohyun?", She whispered into my ear. I chuckled and let her know they were going to show up a bit later. 
   "Whats that?", Myungsoo asked, pointing towards the drink in my hand. 
  "Honeyde-".
  Before I could finish, he took it out of my hand and took a sip. His eyebrows raised and he nodded, satisfied with the taste.
  "Pretty good." 
  I let out a big sigh. 
  "If you're going to stay here, at least be of help. Buy or don't buy?", I asked, raising the dress against my body. 
  "Don't buy.", I nodded, a little disappointed. I set it back on its rack and turned to walk away, when I heard the clacking of the hanger being pulled off of the rack. I turned around, finding Myungsoo with the dress in his hand. 
  "What are you doing?"
  "Buying it for you."
  "What? Didn't you just say not to buy it?"
  "I said for You Not to buy it. I didn't say anything about me buying it."
  I shook my head and scowled, but I was genuinely happy. Haeun is so lucky to have a guy like him. 
  We walked to the front counter and he payed. I must've been smiling really big, because the next thing the worker said was,
  "Aw, how cute. Your girlfriend looks so happy! Have a good day!", she finished with a smile and handed me the plastic bag that held my dress. 
  "Thanks but he's not-"
  He tugged on my wrist, pulling me away before I could finish my sentence. 
  "Why do you keep cutting me off!"
  "She doesn't need to know. Let her pretend. Let her believe it." He shrugged off. 
  I nodded nonchalantly, but my emotions were going wild. 
 
  "Waaah, he's so handsome.", Haewon whispered into my ear. 
  Infinite had arrived and we were now sitting in a BBQ restaurant. 
  The smell of the cooking meat was mouth watering. The smoke steaming from the grill had spread through out the table,  staining our clothes with the smell of it. My stomach was already growling-- I wanted to eat. Badly.
   Haewon thought other wise and focused on her beloved Woohyun.  Talk about boy crazy. 
  He'd occasionally say some cheesy pick up line, maintaining his reputation. They make a perfect couple, don't you think? Haewon, Hwaiting! 
   As the grill settled down to a subtle sizzle, everyone started digging in. Hoya and Myungsoo, who sat on both sides of me, were swift at cutting their meat up while I struggled to. 
 
  *AUTHORS POV*
  Minji fidgeted with her knife and fork, trying her best to cut up her meat. The men on the sides of her both noticed, but just stared. They weren't worried she couldn't cut it, they were worried she'd slip and drop her knife. She was quite clumsy. Sure enough, her knife slipped. As it fell to the floor, Minji slid her chair back, avoiding being hit. They both sighed, knowing they'd foreseen the future. Both of their hands reached for her plate. Hoya had beat Myungsoo to it, and switched his plate with Minji's and started cutting. Myungsoo slowly backed his hand up, picking up his fork. He had to admit, when Hoya beat him to Minji's plate, he felt hurt. Could he possibly be replaced? 
  Not even noticing Myungsoo's slight change in mood, Sungyeol noticed Hoya's kind gesture. Maybe it was because he's never seen Hoya cut a girl's food or maybe he simply just wanted to mess around, but Sungyeol chuckled and said,
  "Hoya is such a gentlemen towards Minji. Do you like her?"
  Everyone slightly chuckled-- except for Hoya, Minji and Myungsoo. Hoya has tensed up, pressuring his wrist as he pressed harder down on the knife. Minji sensed this.
 "Yah, of course he has to be a gentlemen towards me. Im the only girl in the group besides Haewon. Wae?" 
  She defended. She felt him relax again. She understood how he felt. It was uncomfortable for people insist relationships between people. But he was tense for a reason she did not know. 
  Myungsoo on the other hand, couldn't understand why he felt irritated with that statement. Maybe it was because he didn't think they were close enough. Whatever the reason, he knew he didn't like the idea. 
 
  *MINJIS  POV*
  Saturday. A rather boring saturday. For the rest of the weekend infinite had a busy schedule, leaving me alone. I didn't have anything to do for this weekend and I even called haewon asking if she was free, but she was at her grandparents for the rest of the weekend too. Laying in bed and staring at the ceiling, I had come to realize how much of my time Infinite took up. Now with them not around me, I feel quite lonely. Infact, it makes me wonder what I did on my free time before they came-- it was hard to remember. Maybe I should watch a new dramas-- but I'm already caught up with my current dramas and watching a new one would be a pain. I just couldn't decide what to do. Overcome with boredom, I got up and changed. Im just going to walk-- follow where my heart decides to take me. 
  I exited my neighborhood and took a step onto the all-too familiar rocky path. I looked across to Myungsoo's neighborhood and could almost see myself running across to his house. Ive walked across this path countless time. I took in a deep breath and my feet began to move, walking to y hearts desire. I walked up, passing through the tunnel and my feet came to a stop. There were three paths- one going straight, another going left and another going right. I had walked this path countless times, but I have never took the right pathway. Standing in place, I tried to stop thinking and just listen to my heart.
  Let's try something new
  The wind whispered into my ears, and my feet began moving, taking the right pathway. There were nothing but grass and trees but then, a road suddenly appeared next to the path. I continued walking forward. If there's a road there has to be cars- meaning there has to be something there. After walking for a little longer to an unknown destination, I came to a stop. For some reason, it felt as if this is was exactly where I intended to be. 
  It was a little shopping center, with only four stores set up. There was two restaurants, a clothes shop and a coffee shop. There were rarely any parked cars and people. This place wasn't exactly run down- more like it was isolated. It was obvious not much people came here and not much people knew about here. Despite the lack of customers, this place seemed to be perfect. The lack of customers actually made it more drawing. 
  A getaway. This could be it. Away from school, away from people, away from my problems. This could be my getaway from my life. A place for a break once in a while. Without even realizing it, I began walking up to the coffee shop. I stopped at the window and found only two people inside; not counting the workers. They seemed peaceful. Just sitting and sipping their cups, enjoying the quiet and small company. I reached for the door knob and a paper taped against the window caught my eye; Help Wanted. This was definitely my calling. I confidently walked in and made my way to the counter. It looked like any other regular coffee shop, but it felt different. It felt really cozy and warm inside. I could almost picture myself studying here on cold days. Cafe Keopi. Despite the cheesy name, this place was definitely perfect.
  "Um, I noticed the Help Wanted sign, and I was wondering if I could apply. But I won't be able to come everyday or every weekend. Is that okay?"
  "Sure. We only have two workers here and we don't get much customers. You can work Part-time."
  "Perfect."
  And just like that, I was accepted for the job. I changed my clothes and instantly began work. I couldn't make coffee yet-- that needed training. For now, i'll be waitering and working the cash register. 
  "I forgot to introduce myself. Im Eun Kyung.", she stuck her hand out and i shook her hand. "And that's Sihyun", she pointed to the boy making coffee with one hand, and stuffed the other in her pocket. 
  "It's nice to have a new worker here.", he quickly looked up and smiled, then turned back to his work. The bells on the door chimed as new customers came walking in. 
  "I'll take it.", Eun Kyung offered and walked over. Now taking their order order, I turned away from her to admire the shop. Suddenly, My gaze fell upon Sihyun; he was staring out. I followed his gaze and found that he was looking at Eun Kyung. The way he felt about her was practically written on his forehead. The look on his face made me feel a sense of familiarity. I wonder if I ever look that obvious. 
   As I was ringing up the customers, Eun Kyung was cleaning up the table. After handing them their receipt and change, I bowed and bided them farewell. As the customers walked out the door, I turned my attention towards my two new co-workers. 
  "Eun Kyung, i'll take care of this.", Sihyun was trying to take away the tray of trash. 
  "Oppa, it's okay. I can handle this. It's only a few things.", Eunkyung chuckled and took back the tray, now walking into the back kitchen. 
  "Whats the history between you two? Are you guys dating?", I asked when Eunkyung disappeared. 
  "Huh?"
  "I know you like her."
  Silence.
  "How'd you guys meet?"
  "We're childhood friends."
  Hearing this, my heart stopped for a second. Just like me and him. 
  "Mm.. I have a childhood friend too. How long have you liked her?"
  "3 years."
  "Are you guys dating?" 
  "No. We used too, though."
  "What happened? Oh, nevermind. You don't have to answer that.", I quickly said, realizing how insensitive it was. 
  "No it's okay.", he sighed. "I messed up. As our relationship progressed, I thought that we were only meant to be friends. She didnt take the break up hard. She's really strong. After a couple months, I realized what a big mistake I made, but she had already gotten over me."
  "Oh."
  "Im lucky that she still considers me her bestfriend."
  "Does she know."
  "No. I know it'd mess with her feelings. I can't do that."
  "How do you cope with it?"
  "I just do, somehow. As long as she's happy... I'm content."
  At that moment, Eun Kyung walked out. We both turned away from each other, pretending the conversation never happened. But the words we exchanged never left my mind.  
  
  The sun was starting to set and there were no customers left. The coffee shop was open for another hour, but I needed to get home before dark. 
  "I need to go. Mianhe for working for such a short time." 
  "No, its okay. Theres not much work to do here anyway. Do you need a ride? I can take you.", Eun Kyung offered, already picking up her car keys.
  "Aniya, its okay Unnie. I can walk. Its only ten minutes away from here."
  "Kure?", she set her keys back down. "Alright. Stay safe, its starting to get dark."
  "I will. Kamsamnida.", i thanked both Eunkyung and Sihyun , and left.
  
  
  Now laying in the same area I was this morning, I had a lot to think about. 
  As long as she's happy, i'm content.
  His words rang in my head. Myungsoo is pretty happy with Haeun, Huh?  As long as he's happy... Then I can pull through. The world can continue to spin for me, as long as I can see his smile.
  I closed my eyes, slipping into a world of slumber and pretend.
  With the sun shining against his face and his head in my lap, everything seems to be playing out like I wanted it. As I play with his hair, he closes his eyes and chuckles.
  "Minji-ah", he cooed. 
  It made my heart flutter. The scene was perfect. But I knew better. This was a dream. Just a bunch of images, ideas and emotions that I experienced during my sleep. 
  He didn't feel the same way. His heart doesn't belong to me.
  But even though it is all a dream, like the worker at the mall today-- is it okay if I believe it for a short while too?