Immortality Is Nothing

Immortal Love

  SooHyun sat up, his head was hurting badly, as if someone had knocked him over a couple of times. His eyes were blurry as he scan his surroundings. They were in a hall. On his left, DongHo was still lying unconscious. SooHyun sat there silently as memories from previous events came flowing back to him. He remember waiting for Kevin at the entrance, waiting for him and Ji Yung to come out when a group of soldiers poured into the room and knock him out. 

  "Ji Yung..." SooHyun heard Kevin's voice. Slowly, he turned his head to look at Kevin who was crouched over a limped body. He looked like he was in shock. SooHyun saw Ji Yung lying on the floor, covered in blood. For a while, SooHyun panicked. Ji Yung looked like she had lost a lot of blood. Her face was pale and her eyes were closed. She looked...dead. SooHyun took a deep breath to calm himself down. He tried to get up but his legs were too weak. Instead, he did his best to pull himself towards Ji Yung. 

  SooHyun noticed Kevin was trying to get the dagger he always had into his hands. 

  "Kevin! What are you doing?" SooHyun asked quickly as he weakly push the dagger away from Kevin. SooHyun quickly scan across Ji Yung's body to see blood gushing out from her right leg. SooHyun pulled himself closer to Ji Yung and checked her pulse. For a few minutes he couldn't find it. But after trying a few more times, he found it. Ji Yung's pulse was weak. Very weak. She was losing too much blood. He had to find a way to close her wound or she could die. While thinking of a way, SooHyun heard Kevin gasp lightly in pain. 

  SooHyun turn around and saw Kevin stabbing himself with the dagger. Kevin allow the blood to flow down his arms and into Ji Yung's wounds. The only thing was...the wounds weren't closing and blood kept gushing out. Kevin noticed this too and started to panic. Without thinking, Kevin stab his arm again and again. Trying to let the more of the golden liquid fall into Ji Yung's wounds. But it still wasn't working. Noticing that Kevin wasn't going to stop stabbing himself anytime soon, SooHyun grab the dagger from Kevin's hands. 

  "Have you healed her wounds before, Kevin?" SooHyun asked. Kevin nodded as he recalled closing her wounds in the cell. SooHyun mentally hit himself. How could he forget. An Angel's blood could only heal a person's wounds once. Kevin had tears in his eyes as he didn't know what to do. How could he just sit there and watch someone he love die. SooHyun push Kevin away and gently cut a wound on his arm. He let his blood drip over Ji Yung's wounds which healed instantly. 

  Just then, a few person walked into the hall. SooHyun regonized them. They were the rest of the council members. There were a total of 5 person. They all wore white robes like Yu Han. Kevin looked worried. 

  "Hyung...can you get Ji Yung away from here first?" Kevin asked as he eyed the 5 person. SooHyun nodded and picked Ji Yung up although part of his body was still aching and hurting. SooHyun was a little shock to find Ji Yung so light. In a matter of seconds, SooHyun left with Ji Yung and DongHo who he supported. "What do you want?" Kevin asked harshly. 

  "Kevin, we are not here to fight. We did not mean any harm to you. We were foolish to have followed Yu Han...and we are sincerely sorry for harming you. I promise, it was unintentional." Hyun Shik said. Kevin tried his best not to get angry as he waited for Hyun Shik to continue. "However...the girl is too powerful. Her blood pose a treat to us. I have no choice but to-" Hyun Shik didn't finish.

  "Kill her?" Kevin finish Hyun Shik's sentence for him. Hyun Shik sighed. 

  "I have no choice Kevin. This is the law." Hyun Shik reasoned. 

  "What should i do? What should i do to stop you all from killing her?" Kevin asked. Hyun Shik look away. 

  "Give up immortality. You are too powerful and your scent attract demons. What's more is that she is half Angel and half human. Her scent is not strong enough but if you are by her side...demons can track both of you." Hyun Shik said. "But, seriously? Give up immortality? You aren't going to do that are you? That's insane. No Angels had done that before. No one would willingly give up immortality. Immortality is life. You can never die. That's what makes it special." Hyun Shik said jokingly. 

  Kevin didn't hesitate at all. "I will give up immortality." Hyun Shik and the rest of the council members widen their eyes in shock. Thinking they must have heard Kevin wrongly. 

  "Excuse me?" Hyun Shik asked. 

  "I've live in this world long enough. I've been through hell and back. An Angel's life isn't as ideal as you guys made it look. I've observed humans. Unlike us who live to enjoy, they don't. They work to live. That's what life means. Life isn't suppose to be only enjoying. You are suppose to work for it. But we aren't. We live to enjoy everything. I don't want any of this. I rather give up immortality." Kevin said. The words slowly sink into the council's mind. They were shock. But Hyun Shik understood what Kevin meant. And he somehow agree with Kevin. 

  "And...I respect your decisions Kevin." Hyun Shik said. He walked towards Kevin and held out his palm. "And i relieve you of your duty as Angel, Woo Sung Hyun. You made the right choice. Although most would not agree with it." Hyun Shik said and smile warmly at Kevin. The last thing Kevin saw was his life of an Angel leaving him before he passed out. 

xxx

  Ji Yung's eyes slowly open. Her body hurt. Ji Yung sat up with difficulty and felt something or someone's limped hand slid down from her body. Ji Yung looked beside her bed to see Kevin sleeping there. Ji Yung smiled unknowingly as she his angelic face. Her warm touch woke Kevin up. At first, Kevin was drowsy but when he saw Ji Yung he instantly jump up. 

  "Ji Yung!" Kevin almost shouted. Ji Yung smiled assuringly. "You're awake." Kevin said as a broad grin appears on his face. Ji Yung giggled a little. But the smile was extinguish when she notice Kevin's body. It was all covered in bandage. Kevin shouldn't have this. He is an Angel. His wounds were suppose to heal. He wasn't suppose to be covered in bandage. When Ji Yung looked at Kevin closely, she noticed he has change. Not like an appearance change but actually changed. Kevin looked much more...dull? He wasn't glowing like he used to. He seemed a little weaker. 

  "W-What happened to you, Kevin? You seemed different." Ji Yung said. 

  "Do i? I didn't know i look different after giving up immortality. I mean, i do feel a little weaker but i didn't notice i look different." Kevin said as he checked himself out. 

  "You gave up immortality!?" Ji Yung shouted out loud. Kevin shush Ji Yung as he place his finger on her lips. He was so close to her. Ji Yung could feel Kevin's warmth. His face was too close. 

  "Shhh! We're in a hospital you know. And yea, i kind of gave up immortality." Kevin said calming Ji Yung down. Ji Yung was shocked. What kind of idiot would give up immortality. Well...apparantly, Kevin is the one.

  "Why...?" Ji Yung whispered. Kevin merely smiled as he leaned in closer. 

  "Because i would rather live a day knowing you exist than a thousand years alone. I can't stand being alone without you by my side." Kevin said as he lean in and kiss Ji Yung on the lips gently. Just a simple peck. But it made Ji Yung blush. When Kevin pulled away, he smiled at Ji Yung. "I love you, Ji Yung." Kevin said. Ji Yung's face turned redder. 

  "I-I...love you too..." Ji Yung said looking away. Kevin chuckled softly and pull Ji Yung into a hug. 

  'This is my happy ending' Kevin thought to himself before hugging Ji Yung back tightly. Not wanting to let go.


[A/N] Hohoho~ I guess i kind of fooled you guys to thinking this was going to have a sad ending huh? Hey! I'm not that bad! Of course this is going to have a happy ending XD I hate sad endings just like the next person beside me do so making a sad ending for my story is so NOT my style Xp Sorry for scaring you guys though >_< I was really bad, huh? XD But i love all your comments ^^ It was funny and i sincerely had the time of my life reading it XD I still love you guys, you know that right? 

This is just the 3rd last chapter ^^ So there's another 2 extra chapter coming in a few more days =) 

And have you guys heard? Kevin's grandmother just recently passed away ='( And now there's the news on Super Junior's Leeteuk's father and grandparents. SooHyun had tweeted his condolences to Leeteuk and i'll be praying for both of them too =)

Anyway, to cheer you guys up! Here's a few pics of Kevin's photoshoot from 'Only You' Album ^^ 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please leave your feedback and comments ^^