Gone

Immortal Love

Kevin's POV

  The place was misty, i couldn't see anything. I tried to walk forward, but i was moving extremely slow. I couldn't even feel my own legs. I looked around but it was the same misty place. No light or anything. Suddenly i heard sounds. Someone was shouting for help. The sound was straight ahead. The voice wasn't clear either. I could barely hear the voice. But it was scary. The way the person was calling for help. I stopped moving and listen properly. A few minutes pass, no sounds yet. But i waited patiently and after a few more seconds waiting, i heard it. 

  This time, the sound was clearer. 

  "H-help me...please..." The voice whispered pass me. I couldn't identify if it was a female or a male's voice. I was scared but i continued to moved forward. Whoever was calling, needed serious help. And i was going to help them no matter what. I ran forward, this time, my legs started to move faster. I was moving forward, into the thick mist. My vision was still obscured by the mist, but i ran towards the voice. "Please..." The voice pleaded again, and this time i regonize the voice. It belonged to Ji Yung. 

  I ran faster, i hoped i was wrong. That the voice did not belong to Ji Yung. But i knew the chances was slim. I regonized that voice. It was one i enjoy to hear and now it was calling for help. I ran and ran until the voice stopped. I slow my pace and walked on. My vision was getting better, i could see now. Pass the thick mist i found myself facing a figure slumped onto a pool of blood. I forced myself to stay calm and walk forward. I knelt down beside the figure and looked at the person. 

  As expected, it was Ji Yung. I nearly fainted. There were blood dripping out of her stomach. Someone had stabbed her hard. I was shocked. The blood kept on dripping. I held onto Ji Yung and made her face me. Ji Yung winched in pain as i accidently touch her wound. "W-What happened?" I asked, my voice trembling. Ji Yung didn't answer. Instead, she looked into my eyes with sadness. On her neck was the purple binding necklace i gave her on her birthday. I repeated the question but Ji Yung still didn't answer. 

  Slowly, Ji Yung's eyes were closing. I tried to shake her, to wake her up but she couldn't. She was sinking, she was dying. And she closed her eyes for the last time. Her breathing stopped. Her body went limp in my arms. She was gone, forever. 

  "Kevin! Kevin!" A familiar voice called. My eyes flung open in shock. Ji Yung was beside my bed, calling my name. She looked worried. I looked at her up and down. She looked fine. No wounds. Was that all just a dream? Ji Yung must have noticed me looking at her weirdly because she asked me another question. "Is something wrong?" I shook my head and sat up. My head hurts. I glance at Ji Yung wearily and noticed the purple necklace hanging by her neck. Whatever happened earlier...was surely a dream right?

  I was sweating madly. I wiped my forhead quickly. "Are you sure you are alright?" Ji Yung asked again. 

  "What happened?" I asked automatically.

  "You were trashing around the bed like a mad person. Were you having a bad dream?" Ji Yung asked, concerned. 

  "No..." I lied. I didn't want her to worry. Besides, it was just a dream. "We should prepare, class is starting." I told her and went to the bathroom to freshen up. Yea, it was embarrassing but both me and Ji Yung are sharing a dorm. I guess, it was because of the demons that are roaming around campus. They've gotten much more active. One night, they nearly got Ji Yung. Luckily, i wasn't exactly asleep that night so i went for a walk. I walked pass her room and noticed noises so i barged into her dorm and manage to make it in time. 

  From then on, i never wanted to let her out of my sight. It was dangerous and scary. For the first few days, it was awkward but as time passes, we kinda got used to it. Life started to get normal. 

  I got changed and waited for Ji Yung to get done. After that, both of us left for class. Like any usual day, class was boring. The lectures were ranting on and on. I sat there looking out the window. I wonder how long could we contain this peaceful enviroment. Sooner or later, something will change. And it might end up going in the direction i fear the most. I glance at Ji Yung who was paying close attention to the lecturer. I might lose her again...just like the way i lost Su Jin. I don't want that to happen. I wanted to protect Ji Yung. 

  The class bell rang. School was over for the day. 

  "Are you okay? You have been spacing out the entire day, Kevin." Ji Yung asked as she walk by my side. 

  "I'm fine. Let's just get back to the dorm." I said as i quicken my pace. I could feel something wrong. Ji Yung quietly follow behind. Both of us entered the dorm and sat down tiredly. It has been a long boring day. That was when it all started. The winds outside were blowing at this insane speed. And the air started getting colder and colder. Ji Yung looked at me worriedly. We both could pretty much predict what was about to happen. Today, the Angels were here to collect Ji Yung's blood. Yu Han have found out about everything.

  "Stay here and don't go out!" I warned Ji Yung before dashing out of the dorm to meet the intruders. The wind started to die down and the air became calm. I ran towards the strong presence i know was Yu Han. Wihin minutes, i found Yu Han standing there in the courtyard with his usual white cloak. He didn't look happy. 

  "Hello Kevin." He said sourly. I gritted my teeth angrily. Yu Han paced around the courtyard slowly. "That girl...how long have you known about her true identity?" He asked me. I didn't answer as i bore my eyes into his. "Her presence in this world is dangerous. Demons are starting to get agitated just to get a hold of her blood. She must be dead for the sake of every Angels here." Yu Han said. I force myself to not hit him in the face. 

  "If the demons get too agitated, they would no longer care about the mortals living here. They would reveal themself just for her blood. And the human race...what will they do? The things we have hid from them will all be revealed." Yu Han stated. "She must die no matter what." 

  I draw my dagger and advance towards Yu Han. Angrily, i slashed aimlessly. Yu Han dodged easily. He wasn't concentrating on me at all. Instead, he was looking elsewhere. Waiting for a signal. Then there it was, a simple light blue flash shot into the sky. Yu Han smiled and expanded his wings. "This is all for your sake, Kevin. You wouldn't listen to me. And now, you need to pay." Yu Han said as he started to soar. 

  "Shut up, shut up and stop running from me Yu Han! You keep using the council to do your dirty works and never once are you daring enough to fight me face to face!" I shouted angrily. Yu Han merely smiled as he soar higher and higher, further away from me. 

  "I win." Yu Han said with a wicked smile before flying off. I look around and a terrible dread hit me. Ji Yung. I ran as fast as i could towards my dorm. When i reached it, i smashed the door open and ran inside. I look around and my heart dropped dead. The wind blew in from the open window, the moonligh shone in and i saw the mess the Angels had made. The bedsheets were on the floor and the table's were overturned. The place was a total mess. But the reality had hit me.

  Ji Yung was gone.


[A/N] I updated =) I'm sorry, i should have updated earlier. I'm a bad author =( 

Okay~So i change from third party POV to Kevin's POV~ Just for a simple change XD I'm going back to third party POV next chapter...i think Xp

Anyway,I'm going to be busy starting tomorrow (2nd Jan) because school is starting and i'm pretty sure you guys know the amount of work i'm going to get T.T I might not update so much anymore. Maybe once a week? I will sincerely try my best to update more often!

Here's Kevin to compensate for the few days i have not been updating~ I hope you guys could forgive me =)

Please leave your feedback and comments ^^