The Truth and Past

Immortal Love

  Kevin's lips were soft, Ji Yung noted. And he was delicate. He was't rough unlike her previous boyfriend. Was this why Ji Yung kissed him back? She had no idea. Ji Yung's body responded on it's own. Kevin was the first one who stop the kiss. He looked away, his face turning red as Ji Yung felt hers heating up too. 

 "I-I'm sorry..." Ji Yung heard Kevin muttered, still not looking at her. Ji Yung bit her lips nervously. She couldn't believe she actually enjoyed the kiss. "It was unintentional...my body just...acted on its own..." Kevin told her. 

 "It's okay..." Ji Yung told him. She didn't know what to do. She even kissed him back! Should she be saying these things? She had absolutely no idea! "W-Who is Su Jin?" Ji Yung asked, remembering how Kevin was about to explain before they kissed. Kevin didn't answer. Looking at his face, Ji Yung noted how sad it looked. His lover, his world and his life? Ji Yung asked herself. Was Su Jin...Kevin's previous girlfriend. It sounded legit. Thinking about this made Ji Yung's heart ached a little. Although she did not know why. 

 Kevin took a deep breath before telling Ji Yung. "About a 100 years ago, i met Su Jin. That time, there were wars among the people. Things were utterly complicated. And Angels were also involved. Back then, i was young so of course i had no part in the war. I found Su Jin, nearly dying. She was the daughter of a farmer. Her family died in the war, leaving her all alone. She was injured..." Kevin stopped for a while, remembering the past. He didn't like talking about it. But when he saw Ji Yung's encouraging smile, it made him continue. 

 "I took her in and took care of her. Within that few short months, i fell deeply in love with her without noticing. I enjoyed every second with her. But there was the most important rule for angels, the rule that no Angel could ever fall in love with a mortal. And Su Jin was a pure mortal. The council wanted me to turn her in. I didn't allow it. I loved her too much to actually let her go. I hid her from the council. It lasted only a month before Yu Han, the head of the council, found out. He was cruel, he wanted to destroy Su Jin forever. He killed her..." Kevin said as he sighed and leaned against the tree. Ji Yung couldn't understand Kevin's expression. Sad?Painful?Regret? No idea. Probably all three together. 

 "I'm sorry..." Ji Yung didn't know how to express herself. Kevin smile at her gently while shaking his head. 

 "Don't be. Meeting you was probably the best thing that ever happened to me after all those years." Kevin said still smiling. His smile was beautiful and gentle. Ji Yung loved it. 

 "When Yu Han said i was special...what did he mean?" Ji Yung tilt her head curiously. Kevin looked away, avoiding the question. "Who am i?" Ji Yung pressured Kevin. She needed an answer. 

 "I didn't notice it when i first met you but it seems like there really is something special about you. I asked one of my friend about it. He said there could be a possibility. But I think i found out about it. I should have noticed it earlier but..." Kevin trailed off. Debating if he should tell her or not. After thinking for some time, Kevin made his decision. "The reason why you knew i wasn't a student of this school and how you could sense danger is probably because...you aren't totally mortal..." Kevin said. Ji Yung's eyes widened at that. 

 "W-What...?" Ji Yung stammered. 

 "I believe your blood has been tampered with Ichor. You are most probably half human and half...Angel." Kevin finished. 

  Ji Yung nearly fainted. Kevin was in time to grab a hold of her before she pass out. Kevin made Ji Yung sit down beside him. Her face was pale, which worried Kevin. "Your blood colour. What is it?" Kevin asked. Ji Yung didn't respond. His hand found her right arm and swiftly, he a thin cut into it. Enough for blood to seep out but not enough to actually hurt. The blood that seep out of the cut on Ji Yung's right arm wasn't red. It was red, of course, but there was a slight tint of gold within it. Like a mixed of red and gold, although the red colour was much more darker. So unless you actually look at the blood intensely, or you won't notice anything wrong. 

 To Kevin's surprise, the cut healed itself after a few seconds. Leaving no scars behind. Ji Yung's right arm was good as new. 

 "This doesn't actually proof anything right? I mean...i know my wounds heal a lot faster than others but this doesn't proof anything...right?" Ji Yung breathed out. 

 "I doubt it Ji Yung-ah...Go back to the dorm and take a rest. You'll feel a lot better tomorrow. We've both had a rough day." Kevin told her softly as Ji Yung got up and left. Watching Ji Yung's back dissapear from view, Kevin sat back against the tree with a sigh. I wonder if she is immortal... Kevin asked himself. But the chances were extremely low, a half-blood hardly takes something so strong such as immortality from their parents. Now Kevin understood why the demons were after her. They weren't exactly after her, they were after her blood. Ji Yung's blood has a lot more usefulness than she know.  

xxx 

 Ji Yung closed her locker door. Events from last night was still evident in her mind. Was she really half mortal half Angel? There was a possibility. She remembered how her father told her about herself. We're not ordinary people, Ji Yung. Remember that. Thinking that it was probably some form of encouragement for herself, Ji Yung hardly thinks of it. But thinking about it now...could her parents be Angels? Or was it her grandparents? While she was asking herself this questions, Kevin appeared by her side with a huge warm smile. 

 "How are you?" Kevin asked. He was probably in a good mood. 

 "Still coping with the news from yesterday i guess..." Ji Yung replied as she took out her books from the locker and close it. 

 "Don't think too much about it. We'll figure it out together." Kevin said giving her his best encorouging smile. Ji Yung returned the smile and just when both of them were about to leave for their classroom, Ji Yung heard girls squeling in delight. The type where you only hear from students when they see a really good-looking guy in school. Walking towards Ji Yung was a black hair guy wearing their school uniform. He was good-looking for sure. His eyes were dark-brown, almost black. He had his earphones plugged into his ears. His face held no emotions as he walk down the hallway, past the squeling female students.

  Ji Yung remembered where she had seen this guy's face before and why he looked so familiar. He was...Sung Jin. Ji Yung's first love. Back then, Ji Yung was dating this guy when she was 16, life almost seemed perfect. Until he got into a horrific car accident and had serious head injuries, causing him to lose all his memories. Including the ones he spent with Ji Yung. After some time, Ji Yung moved to Seoul and lost contact with Sung Jin. Ji Yung didn't even get the chance to meet Sung Jin one last time. And just like that, their 3 years worth of relationship ended in a flash. 

  Kevin watch as Ji Yung stared at the guy who entered curiously. The way Ji Yung stared at him almost looked like she knew him. As the guy walk nearer to both of them, Ji Yung called out. 

 "Sung Jin..." Ji Yung called. Sung Jin stopped in his tracks as he pulled out his earphones from his ear. He eyed the girl in front of him. He was sure she called him by his name. Which was weird considering how he just transfered here today. He looked at the girl again, she looked familiar. But he couldn't place it. 

 Kevin was shocked to see Ji Yung call the guy as the guy stop in front of Ji Yung. Kevin looked over to Ji Yung and his eyes widen at the scene. 

 "Sung Jin..." Ji Yung repeated the name, her eyes filled with tears. 


[A/N] Sorry for adding another character inside so suddenly >.< But i wanted a love triangle to sprout~ Aside from that, Sung Jin is just another side character that will only appear for some chapters.

Please comment  =) Your comments are what keeps me going. If no one comments i might lose hope and actually stop writing T^T

I would also like to thank Mahwii for her unconditional love and support for Immortal Love ^^ =) Mahwii, thank you so much for your comments, it made me smile a lot. Your comments helped me continue writing. As thanks, i dedicate this picture of Kevin to you =) 

Angelic Kevin loves you , Mahwii