Who Is He

Immortal Love

    Ji Yung sat on the bench staring at Kevin who was playing basketball alone. He was wearing a light blue T-shirt with a black short pants. Ji Yung couldn't believe how good Kevin looked that way. Hitting herself in the head, she mentally brought herself back to reality. Still...he really was stunning. If anyone could get any hotter, Kevin sure could. He was sweating as he shoot the ball straight into the net again. 16 straight throws and not a single miss. Ji Yung was staring at Kevin so much she didn't notice he started walking towards her. Only when he was a meter away from her did she manage to snap out of it.

   Kevin sat down beside Ji Yung with a water bottle in his hand. He drank all the water in one glup and wiped his forehead with a small hand towel. 

  "You didn't tell anyone about me,right?" Kevin suddenly asked. It took some time for Ji Yung to process the question then she shook her head innocently.

   "Of course not, even if i did tell anyone, nobody would believe me. An angel on earth..." Ji Yung pouted. Kevin nodded wordlessly and got up. He walked a few pace then turn back to face Ji Yung.

   "Aren't you coming?" Kevin asked. 

   "Where?" Ji Yung asked. Kevin looked at her but didn't answer, instead, he rolled his eyes and walked off. Still intrigued, Ji Yung sat there daze for a minute before catching up to Kevin. "Are you going to the cafeteria?" Ji Yung asked when she caught up to him. Kevin nodded without answering her. Together, both of them arrive at the cafeteria. Both of them had Naengmyeon (랭면) for lunch. They sat at a small table for two by the window where they could look at the campus's surroundings. Throughout their meal, neither of them talked which was a little unbearable for Ji Yung. 

     Just when Ji Yung was about to break the silence between them, some girls from other class appear beside them. If you could call them flirting, then they were. One of them grabbed a chair near-by and sat beside Kevin. She started talking about something related to other boys being too boring or something. Ji Yung only manage to catch one sentance.

    "Those boys from other classes are so boring. They have no sense of humour at all..." She kept on talking and her friends was throwing dirty looks at Ji Yung. Ji Yung was ready to leave when Kevin stood up suddenly. He stare at the girl who was flirting with him earlier with extreme ease. Then without warning he grab Ji Yung's hand and walked off. Ji Yung was trying hard to struggle but Kevin's grip was firm. He only let go when they were in another building. There wasn't much students in this building because it was mainly for activities. So it was pretty akward if only two of them are alone. 

     Ji Yung's heart beat so hard she thought it was going to burst. Just then the sound of students walking through the corridor came and Kevin push Ji Yung and himself into an empty room that was probably once a classroom. The room was empty and table and chairs were arranged neatly to one side. Only when the sound of students pass did Ji Yung notice that her back was against the wall with Kevin only an inch away from her and his hand on to prevent any sound from coming out. Kevin was so close to her it made her heart race. Up close, Kevin looked much more stunning than ever. 

      Ji Yung cleared quickly and Kevin released her immediately, only noticing what he did. Ji Yung's face reddened within a second and so did Kevin's. Kevin looked away and Ji Yung couldn't believe how cute Kevin looked. Kevin looked like a cute bunny going red with embarassment. "S-sorry..." Kevin said, his face getting redder. 

    "Um...it's alright...er...Should we get to class?" Ji Yung stammered. Kevin nodded and quickly left the room with Ji Yung. With the akward silence still around them, both of them went to English class. As usual, English class was terribly boring. Ji Yung sat beside Kevin who was already sleeping. Kevin laid his head on the table to rest at first but ended up sleeping when he close his eyes. Ji Yung often argued to herself why she needed to attend English class. There were over a hundered reaon she could give.

    Firstly, she was a Korean so learning English was totally worthless.

    Secondly, English is so hard and if Koreans learn English then why don't Americans learn Korean.

    Thirdly, it's not like Ji Yung was going to study abroad so there's no point in studying English. 

     Ji Yung was playing these sentance in her head that she didn't notice the teacher called her name. The teacher must have notice her spacing off. "Perhaps Student Park can explain the difference between these two English words. Walk and Walked." The teacher asked, looking directly at Ji Yung. Ji Yung bite her lips, mentally scolding herself for spacing off. Beside her, Kevin who Ji Yung assmumed to be sleeping whispered the answer to her. 

       "Past and present tense." Kevin whispered, his eyes still closed. Ji Yung nodded gratitude and repeated the answer to the teacher. The teacher looked unsatisfied that Ji Yung manage to escape punishment but when on teaching.

xxx 

       "Thanks...for earlier." Ji Yung said once they left the classroom. Kevin nodded and continued walking to their next class. "I was wondering...how did you know it so well? I mean...you are a Korean right. And you don't seem to pay attention to class...No offense though." Ji Yung added the last two words in quickly. Kevin stopped walking and turn to Ji Yung, his eyebrows raised.

        "Yes, i'm a Korean. But i was born in San Francisco." Kevin asnwered shortly which earn a 'oh' from Ji Yung. Silently, they made their way to their final class of the day. Slowly, they took their seat. Ji Yung sat in the middle row of the classroom and Kevin sat at her left. Everyone was patiently waiting for the teacher but instead a new student Ji Yung have never seen before entered and sat down on her right. He looked fierce and angry for no apparent reason.

        But other student seem to be ignoring him. Then a thought hit Ji Yung. Kevin had explained that why Ji Yung had no memory of Kevin studying in this school was because he manipulated people's mind. Angels had power to do that. They confuse their mind and made them believe that they actually exist from the start. But when Ji Yung asked why she wasn't affected Kevin didn't answer her. He seem to be keeping something from Ji Yung but she didn't push him. 

         Instead, Ji Yung continue to look at the guy beside her suspiciously and to her surprise, the guy turned to look at her. He smirked at Ji Yung. Like he knew who Ji Yung was. Ji Yung quickly turned away. But one thing was certain, this new student was not human. After class, the new student walked over to Ji Yung's table and looked at her. 

         "Let's talk." He said. Ji Yung had goosebumps. The way he talked sounded creepy. Before she could manage how to react, Kevin got between both of them. As usual, there was no expression on Kevin's face. 

         "What are you doing here?" Kevin asked. The new student merely snickered. 

         "I have orders. Either way, it does not concern you. I'm here for that girl" The student said, pointing his fingers at Ji Yung. Ji Yung's eyes windened in fear. What was he talking about... Ji Yung thought to herself, panicking. Kevin glared at him, hate too obvious in his eyes. Just then, the sound of doors opening appeared and quickly, the student in front of Ji Yung dissapeared into thin air. The teacher was the one who entered the classroom. It seemed like he forgot to take something. He collected his stuff and before leaving, told both Kevin and Ji Yung to get back to their dorms. They nodded. Only when the teacher left did Ji Yung asked.

          "What is that?what did he want from me? He's not human is he?" Ji Yung started asking. 

          "No, he's certainly not human. As to what he is, he is a demon. I'm not sure what he wants from you. But from now on, avoid being near him. He's dangerous." Kevin said, his voice sounded angry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naengmyeon (랭면) - is a Korean noodle dish of long and thin handmade noodles made from the flour and starch of various ingredients.Naengmyeon is served in a large stainless bowl with a tangy iced broth, julienned cucumbers, slices of Korean pear, and either a boiled egg or slices of cold boiled beef or both.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it was a little boring but i needed to set down all the basic things first. Please continue to support me.Upvotes and subscription are greatly appreciated.

Please leave your feedback and comments ^^