Yu Han

Immortal Love

 Ji Yung was having lunch under the oak tree with Kevin. It was a peaceful and sunny day with not much events happening. Since the first day Kevin smiled, both of them have gotten closer with each other. Although Kevin still acted cold around other students, he couldn't help but smile whenever he was with Ji Yung. Somehow, being around Ji Yung makes him smile and laugh a lot. Today was no different. Both were having lunch and studying at the same time. Apparantly, Kevin found out that Ji Yung was good with Science. The only subject Kevin in while Ji Yung was having serious trouble with English. Since it was coincidental that they end up like that, they studied together. 

 "What's the meaning of this...'A-c-c-i-d-e-n-t' " Ji Yung spelled out. 

 "It is an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance that happens unexpectedly." Kevin replied fluently in English without looking up from his Science book. Kevin was unaware that he explained in English since he was so engrossed with studying the human structure from his book. The veins and artery of the human body was driving Kevin insane. After all, the structure of an immortal being's body was totally different from the mortal's body. Unlike mortals who are purely born from another mortal, immortals are naturally created from nothing. Angels were a gift from gods. 

 Ji Yung stared at Kevin, dazed. Of course, Ji Yung didn't understand a single word that came out of Kevin's mouth so fluently. Kevin didn't seem to notice Ji Yung staring at him and continued to study his book. 

 "Kevin!" Ji Yung snapped. Kevin looked up at her, a little surprised. But still didn't understand what was wrong. "Nevermind..." Ji Yung muttered before looking into the huge English-Hangul dictionary beside her. Still a little uncertain, Kevin returned to his book once more. 

 Weeks has pass and their college exams were extremely near. Kevin's science improved a lot with Ji Yung guiding him but unfortunately, Ji Yung's English never did improve. Almost everytime, Ji Yung ask Kevin a question, he would either answer in English or have serious problem trying to explain the meaning to her in Hangul. Ji Yung came to a final conclusion, either Kevin was really really bad with explaining or she was too stupid to understand. Thinking about it, Ji Yung prefer the first conclusion. 

 After exams were over, Ji Yung and Kevin exited the classroom together. Kevin sighed contentedly. 

 "How did you do with your English paper?" Kevin asked, smiling gently. 

 "Very good...just good." Ji Yung answered walking away.

 "I sense sarcasam..." Kevin teased while following her.

 "Thanks to you Kevin, i didn't understand half of what the paper was saying." Ji Yung continued in the same tone, rolling her eyes in disbelief. Kevin laughed gently and apologized. 

 "I'm sorry...i really wasn't good at explaining." Kevin said. Ji Yung pulled a tongue at him and continued walking. Together, both of them made way to the school grounds where there wasn't much students. After all, the students are most probably partying or having fun since exams just ended. It was pretty awkward for Ji Yung. She started to notice every small details. The fact that Kevin's hand was just inches away from hers. Ji Yung could even feel her own heartbeat, beating madly against her chest. As if it was going to burst right at that moment.

 Both of them walked in silence as Ji Yung remembered what happen few months ago, how Kevin pin her against the wall. Thinking this made Ji Yung blush mentally. As they continue to make way to their usual spot under the tree, something felt different. The air felt cold and tensed. Ji Yung look over to her side to see if Kevin felt the same way. Ji Yung noticed how Kevin stopped walking. Following Kevin's gaze, Ji Yung found herself staring at a man under the tree. His smile was cruel, it held no warmth. But something from him attracted her to walk towards him.

 He was wearing a white cloak. He looked ancient. Ji Yung was sure the person was an immortal being. She could sense it herself. His presence didn't feel evil just cold. Step by step, both Ji Yung and Kevin made way to the man. Ji Yung didn't want to but she couldn't leave Kevin all alone. It was like abandoning him.

 "Kevin." The man greeted, leaning by the side of the tree. Kevin didn't reply, instead, he held onto Ji Yung's hand tightly. A little too tightly in fact. It almost felt like Kevin was afraid. Although Ji Yung didn't understand why Kevin was acting this way. Kevin was strong. Ji Yung was sure about that. But whoever this person was, he was probably much more powerful to make Kevin scared. Kevin took a deep breath before stepping closer to him.

 "What are you doing here?" Kevin ask calmly. The man smiled, his smile was creepy. He pointed his finger at Ji Yung.

 "For her. I heard demons were here, trying to get their hands on her." The man said. "But still...after what happened to Su Jin, i didn't think you would be repeating the same mistake again." The man continued. Su Jin? Who the blazes is Su Jin? Ji Yung thought. She could feel Kevin tensed up when he heard the name. His grip on her tightened until it started to hurt a little. Kevin was still unaware. He hated it when people bring up Su Jin. Especially from this person.

 "Yu Han...You have some guts, coming here to see me. Are you trying to take her this time?" Kevin gritted his teeth angrily. 

 "Maybe. She's special isn't it? There's something about her. You know right?" The guy named Yu Han asked. Kevin didn't answer. Kevin was certainly hiding something from Ji Yung. She could feel his reluctance to speak about it. "The council is looking into this case. It's only a matter of time before they have this girl's life ruined. I'm here to warn you Kevin. Whatever happened to Su Jin...let's not repeat it." Yu Han said smiling a little. 

 "You mean you were the one who ruined her life, wasn't it? Leave me alone." Kevin answered angrily as he grabbed Yu Han's collar. Calmly, Yu Han pry Kevin's hand away in disgust. 

 "I'll be back soon. Until I find out who she really is, i'm not going to rest. You're only destroying her. All this while, the reason why Su Jin's life was so miserable, you thought you could prevent it. But you didn't know, you were the main reason her life was so miserable. Face it, Kevin. Stop before you destroy this girl's life." Yu Han said. Kevin pulled his fist up, preparing to hit him in the face when Yu Han faded away until there were only both of them under the tree. 

 Yu Han killed the mood. The day seemed colder. 

 "Who is Su Jin?" Ji Yung asked quietly. There were tons of question she wanted to ask but she didn't want to pressure Kevin. As Ji Yung eyed Kevin, he sat onto the ground with a sigh. He looked exhausted. For the first few minutes, Kevin didn't answer. 

 "Su Jin...is my lover...my world...my life..." Kevin asnwered in a low voice as he got ready to explain everything to Ji Yung. All those years, he had never told anyone about his past. How he met a mortal he truly loved and how their love story ended tragically. How his life was doomed without ever having a happy ending. Now, at this moment, he was going to let it all out. Kevin wanted Ji Yung to know about his past. He didn't want to hide anything from her anymore. Kevin couldn't deny how his heart beat whenever he sees Ji Yung. Kevin has unknowingly fell deeply in love with Ji Yung. 

 Without warning, Kevin leaned forward and kissed Ji Yung on the lips. To his surprise, Ji Yung returned it. 


[A/N] Decided to update earlier since i'm not going to be at home on the weekends T.T I'll update the next chapter on Monday~

Just a few more chapters and the story will reach it's peak ^^ I want the feeling for both of them to truly settle down first. Am i going a little too slow? ~.~ No idea lol. Sometimes, I truly hate being the writer. I don't get to fully view my story and i can't judge it T^T

So do me a favour and tell me honestly how you feel about every chapter. It's alright if you want to correct me. I really need a honest opinion on my stories~ 

Please leave your feedback and comments ^^   

Doesn't Kevin looks awfully cute in this pic? XD