8-

Lust Or Love: The Reason.

"B-Baek..? Where’s Kai?"

 

On the same night, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Clary decided to go at Baekhyun’s house to study, talk and play a bit. Okay.. maybe not study. Anyways, Baekhyun had told them Kai would come, after he’d be finish with something Baekhyun didn’t want to tell them. Clary and Kyungsoo just nodded and followed Baekhyun at his house. Now it has been two hours since they were there, still waiting for Kai to come. And still waiting for Baehyun’s explanations. They’re all sitting at his dinning table. Clary on her cellphone, Kyungsoo working on something that looks like an homework and Baekhyun… well he’s just watching them and tries to find how he could answer to the question Kyungsoo just asked him.

 

"He…. He’s busy, I guess.. I told him he could come if he wants to.. That doesn’t mean he’ll come.." Baekhyun laughs awkwardly and rubs the back of his neck. Clary looks at him with suspicious eyes and Kyungsoo just shrugs and moves back to his work. He’s the only one who actually tried to work on his homework, Clary and Baekhyun always bothering him and trying to catch his attention.

 

But now the mood is totally different. Clary seems to be suspicious about Baekhyun’s words. She looks at him with piercing eyes, as if she wants to look through Baekhyun and discover the truth. Baekhyun, on the other hand, just looks away. He knows she doesn’t believe him and he doesn’t really want to face her sharp look.

 

Kyungsoo finally looks up from his paper and senses the tension in the air. He frowns and looks at Clary, and then at Baekhyun, not knowing what’s happening.

 

"Huh.. guys?"

 

"Yes?" Both Clary and Baekhyun answer at the same time. One with a sharp tone and the other with the please-just-change-the-subject-so-she-can-stop-staring-at-me-like-that look. Even if actually there’s no expression that has this name, Kyungsoo just figures out that that’s what Baekhyun’s gaze means. He really doesn’t know what to say, though. He just thought his interruption would help but it just made the situation worse.

 

"Oh.. Huh.. N-Nothing.." He laughs awkwardly and just quickly report his attention to the paper in front of him, as if it could hide him from their intense gazes.

 

"Well.. That’s.. Wow.. I didn’t think it would be like that.. I mean.." Baekhyun suddenly stands up as he’s talking and looks at Clary and Kyungsoo. "Why don’t we have some fun? I promise Kai will arrive soon, okay? At least we can do something while he isn’t there..!" Baekhyun whines. He really can’t say the truth or they’d be mad at him, and maybe they’d decide to look for Kai.. And that’s probably the worse thing to do.

 

Clary looks at him and rolls her eyes, putting her cellphone in her pocket and standing up. "Okay." She says, crossing her arms and looking at him with sharp eyes. "But I’d like to know why you’re not telling us the truth. Why is that so important anyway! He’s our friend! If he has troubles or something, we need to know and maybe we could help!" The frustration in her eyes fades away and she now looks at him with a concerned look. Kyungsoo looks up at them again, looks at Baekhyun and frowns. "I-Is Kai ok?"

 

Baekhyun sighs and sits on his chair again, soon followed by Clary. "Ok, I'm going to tell you.. Happy?" He looks at Clary while saying his last words, making her stiffen. If she thinks about it, about the fact that Baekhyun didn't want to tell them where is Kai, maybe she doesn't really want to hear it, after all.. Maybe not knowing the truth really is for their own good..

 

"The thing is..." Baekhyun takes a deep breath before pushing everything out. "I-I maybe told Kai that Kris is threatening Kyungsoo and-"

 

"My brother is WHAT?" Clary suddenly stand up, eyes widen as she looks at Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. "D-D.O! W-Why didn't you tell me that?" The said guy just stays still and looks at Baekhyun.

 

"W-Why did you say that to him..?" Is the only thing we can barely hear coming out of his mouth. Baekhyun looks down and bites his lip. "I-I know.. I'm sorry D.O I know I shouldn't have.. But he's your bestfriend, right? He deserves to know! Anyway that's not the main thing I wanted to say.."

 

Baekhyun suddenly stops talking for a while, waiting for someone to talk but nobody feels like saying a word. After some seconds, he finally continues. "So.. As I was saying, when Kai knew that, I-I didn't know what he would do, I swear! But earlier he texted me saying he was going to talk to Kris, and he didn't want you guys to know, since he had to go alone.."

 

"W-Why?" Kyungsoo and Clary say at the same time. They both have the same expression on their face.

 

Suddenly, Kyungsoo stands up and looks at Baekhyun in the eyes. "I'm going to search for him."

 

"Me too."

 

Kyungsoo looks at Clary and frowns. "No! You can't come! I-It's going to be dangerous! You're brother hates me, Clary. And he probably hates Kai too! What if he tries something?"

 

"Well that's another good reason for me to come!"  Clary walks to Kyungsoo and looks at him with a worried look. "He's my brother, D.O, I know him more than anyone! And I know what he wants the most in this world is  to protect me. He'll listen to me, believe me!"

 

Kyungsoo sighs and just nods. "Well then.. We should-"

 

"There's no way you guys are going there!" Baekhyun suddenly screams. As if Clary and Kyungsoo just forgot he was there, they quickly turn their face to look at him. "Why? You told it yourself, he's my bestfriend! I can't let him alone like that!"

 

"Then I'm coming with you two! I can't-"

 

"No."

 

They speak at the same time again, looking at Baekhyun seriously. "We can't, Baekhyun. This concerns us, and only us. I'm sorry.." Clary looks at him and bites her lips. Kyungsoo agrees with her and slowly walks away to the main entrance. Baekhyun sighs loudly and rubs the back of his neck. "Well go, then! Just go! But I'm warning you, if something bad happen, I've nothing to do with that!" Clary nods and forces a smile before she disapears too, leaving Baekhyun all alone with his thoughts.

 

'Why do I have this feeling that that's not a good idea at all?'