13-

Lust Or Love: The Reason.

"You still won’t tell me anything about your new friends? If you have some, though.. Maybe that’s why you never talk about school! Because you’re lonely and doesn’t have any friends?" Sunji giggles but suddenly stops when she sees Kyungsoo’s reaction. He looks down and shakes his head.

 

"That’s not it! Not at all! I have friends, okay?" He pouts et crosses his arms, making Sunji giggle again. She stands up from her chair and hugs her bestfriend.

 

"Yah! I was joking.." She smiles warmly and Kyungsoo can’t help but smiles back to her. There’s something in her gaze and in her aura that makes him always happy. At least for one night he can act as if nothing happened. As if he didn’t lose everything he has at school.

 

Since it has been a long time since Kyungsoo hasn’t been to Sunji’s house just to have fun and talk a bit, he decided to invite himself and as always, she gladly let him in. It has always been like this. Whenever one of them needed some compagny or had nothing to do, they would just go to the other’s house and talk. But tonight, like every other nights they spent together for the past 8 months, or actually since school began, Kyungsoo doesn’t feel like telling her everything. She knows he isn’t as happy as usually even if he tries his best to hide the pain but surprisingly, she didn’t ask anything special except her usual questions about his school.

 

"I-I think I should be leaving now.. It’s getting late and we have school tomorrow.." Kyungsoo moves back and forces a smile. She nods slowly even if she doesn’t want him to go already. He takes everything he brought and Sunji leads him to the main entrance of her house. Kyungsoo puts on his jacket because of the cold and strong winds of April. He looks at Sunji a last time before they wave at eachother and he slowly opens the door and walks outside.

 

As soon as the door closes behind him, he takes an heavy breath and begins to walk in the direction of his home. Now that everything is dark around him, all his dark thoughts slowly come back in his head again. He just can’t push away the thoughts of Kai, Baekhyun, Clary and Kris. Kyungsoo sighs. He has to think about something else! He has to move on, to change his mind and try to forget the past. He can’t change it anyways. What happened happened and sadly, he can’t do anything about it.

 

As Kyungsoo is lost in his thoughts, he doesn’t realize he’s walking on the main street, exactly where Clary found Kai and Kris fighting that night. He doesn’t even notice the tall dark shadow walking out of the alley. Quickly, he finds himself pinned on a brickwall after being pulled in the black back street.

 

"W-What the-"

 

"Shut the up."

 

The voice makes Kyungsoo stiffen. He hadn’t heard that voice since… A long time actually. But it still gives him the same effect. His heart beats faster, his hole body can’t move and he just stays there, eyes widen, looking at the tall stature in front of him. Scared to death, Kyungsoo hardly swallows and tries to keep looking at the guy’s eyes.

 

"K-Kris.."

 

Kris laughs and moves back a litte, but not enough to let Kyungsoo walk away. This time he won’t let him go. Kyungsoo didn’t only broke his sister’s heart, he just totally broke her. And that was a good excuse to give Kyungsoo the same treatment.

 

"Yeah, that’s me. I’m happy you recognized me. It has been a while, hasn’t it? Did you miss me?" Kris smirks and without letting the other some time to answer, he continues. "You probably know why I wanted to see you, don’t you? Or maybe you want to know why , being the good big brother I am, haven’t just told everything to the police to have you in jail?"

 

Kris takes a pause and Kyungsoo bites his lip. He wish he could just go away and avoid that. Kris is the last person he wants to talk to and he knows that if someone doesn’t come and help him, he’ll probably finish dead in that alley in a couple of minutes. Kris suddenly walks near him again and takes him by the collar.

 

"My family is rich, I'm rich! I told my mom I pitied you and paid the doctors so you wouldn’t be acused of murder. Why would I send you to jail if I can kill you with my own hands? YOU KILLED MY SISTER! You ing deserve to die!" Kris yells and hits the wall beside Kyungsoo’s face, who closes his eyes quickly and stiffens. Kris laughs at Kyungsoo’s expression and speaks again. "I waited for this moment to come and I finally have the chance to finish you.."

 

Kris raises his fist in the air, ready to hit the out of Kyungsoo but as if everything is starting again, a voice suddenly interrupts the taller’s action.

 

"K-Kris! Let him go, now!"

 

Both Kris and Kyungsoo’s head turn to face the guy standing in the shadow. They can see that the guy’s arm are straight in front of him, as if he’s holding… a gun?!

 

Kris lets go of Kyungsoo when he sees it and frowns.

 

"What the are you doing? That’s none of your business, stranger. So if you could just go, that would be really appreciated.." The stranger laughs and takes a step in their direction.

 

"Sorry buddy, but that’s definitly my business too. Last time I didn’t intervine, Kyungsoo, Kai and your sister finished at the hospital. I don’t want another death by my fault." The smaller gasps as he sees the face that just stepped out of the dark. It was the last person he expected to see there. Or maybe the second, since Kai was definitly the first.

 

"Byun Baekhyun.. Didn’t expect to see you here. I thought you chose Kai’s side. How come you want to save him now?" Kris smirks.

 

"Not the time for any questions. Now just do as I said and get away from here!" Baekhyun almost yells his last words. He is just tired of that, tired of everything.

 

Kris growls and moves back, which lets Kyungsoo enough spaces to run into Baekhun’s direction. Without letting his guards down, Baekhyun smiles at Kyungsoo, who just nods and looks down. They slowly make their way out of the back street but Kris’ voice stops them.

 

"Yah! Kyungsoo, you'll see! One day I'll get you! One day I'll do to you the same thing you did to my sister! And that time you surely won’t have anyone to save you. Just remember that I ing hate you Do Kyungsoo!"

 

With that, Baekhyun grabs Kyungsoo’s arm and they walk to his car. Baekhyun opens the passager’s door for Kyungsoo but he moves back and shakes his head vigorously.

 

"Don’t. I’m able to walk home."

 

"No way you’re walking home! What if Kris finds you again? I’m not letting that bastard kill you. You’re getting in the car. Now." Baekhyun looks at the other with a serious face. After a while, Kyungsoo finally gives up and sighs as he gets in the car. Baekhyun closes the door and walks to the other side, gets in the car too and begins to drive to Kyungsoo’s home.

 

There’s a big silence in the car. Kyungsoo just looks throught the window. He doesn’t want to look at Baekhyun or even talk to him. On the other hand, Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo once in a while, hoping the boy would finally break the awkward silence that has settled in the car. He wish he could just say I’m sorry and explain why he chose to stay with Kai but it wouldn’t help at all. Baekhyun feels bad about what he’ve done and realizes just now that he didn’t make the good choice. He should have gone with Kyungsoo, which is the one who probably needs more help for the moment. But sadly, he can’t change now, it’s too late to repare the mistakes.

 

When they finally arrive in front of Kyungsoo’s house, Kyungsoo just steps out of the car without looking at Baekhyun. But when he’s about to close the door, their eyes meet for a second before Kyungsoo looks down again. A barely audible "Thank you Baekhyun" can be hear before the door closes and something that looks like a little smile appears on Baekhyun’s face. He watches Kyungsoo as he walks to his house, unlocks the door and finally gets in.

 

Baekhyun stays in front of Kyungsoo’s house for a while before he finally drives away. Kyungsoo stares at his car throught the window until he can’t see the car’s lights anymore. He knows he’s been harsh on Baekhyun. After all, he probably just saved his life. But he can’t help himself. He feels so alone now that all his friends just abandonned him. Baekhyun couldn’t expect him to forgive him right away..

 

Or could he?

 

-----

 

Hey,

 

May.

 

It’s been a while, I guess.

 

Well actually I haven’t stopped to write or anything, I just decided not to write about that part of our lives. And you probably know why. I just don’t want to talk about it. It was hard for me and it was hard for you.

 

However they always told me that that part was the most important. I have to agree with that. They also said writing all my feels on a paper would help me feel better. It will relieve me from all the bad thoughts and help me get better, they said. I don’t agree with that, though. I don’t want to write it. I don’t want to live that all over again. It was hard enough the first time.

 

I don’t even know what to tell you, to be honest.

 

I guess the other letters say it all, anyway. I went crazy and did things I shouldn’t have done. And then after a while I realized this all went too far, I wanted to talk to you but I didn’t have the chance. And then here I am, writing everything down for no particular reason, hoping you’ll read all this and understand.

 

I’m not finished, though. I’ll continue to write, maybe less often, but I still will. When I do that, I feel like I’m really talking to you in person, and it makes me feel good. At least you’ll know how I really felt.


That’s the only way you’ll know all this. Because I’ll probably be gone when you’ll read this message.