6-

Lust Or Love: The Reason.

It has been some weeks that Kyungsoo knows Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun now knows everything he should know about Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo now knows everything he should know about Baekhyun. Even if actually, there’s not a lot of things that Baekhyun told him. At first, Baekhyun seemed like a silent guy. He didn’t talk a lot and was just staying there. But since they know eachothers better, he had totally changed.. in a good way, of course. He’s really talkative, joking around, always smiling...

 

"So.. Kai, that’s-"

 

"Baekhyun!" Kai smiles widely and pats Baekhyun shoulder. "Don’t need any presentations! We already know eachothers." Baekhyun smiles and laughs at Kyungsoo’s expression, who’s watching them and frowning.

 

"Well then, Baekhyun, that’s-"

 

"Clary, I know." Clary giggle and shyly waves at Baekhyun who’s smiling widely. Kyungsoo just rolls his eyes and sighs.

 

"Well then, if I don’t need to introduce, I’ll just stay quiet." Kyungsoo says as he crosses his arms and pouts. Clary giggles again and pokes his cheeks.

 

"Really? You’re mad now?"

 

Kai watches them and can’t help but feels a little knot of jealousy in his stomach. He’d like Clary to do that with him too. He’d like Clary to act cutely with him like she does with Kyungsoo. She didn’t even tell him who stole her from him. Is the guy Kyungsoo? His bestfriend?

 

"Huh… So..! We should head to class now, no?" Baekhyun suddenly breaks the silence. He saw in Kai’s eyes. He saw the way he was looking at Kyungsoo and Clary. Maybe Kai doesn’t know what Kyungsoo told him.

 

Clary lets go of Kyungsoo and looks away while Kyungsoo just stays there in silence.

 

Silence.

 

"Huh.. Yeah! D.O, since we have the next class togheter, we shall go.." Clary says, waving at Baekhyun and Kai before grabbing Kyungsoo’s arm and heading to their class.

 

Silence. Again.

 

 

Baekhyun looks at Kai and frowns.  Back then, they were at the same school. They were friends, but Baekhyun changed school in the middle of the year and moved in another city. They never saw eachothers again. It was weird to see Kai now. They both had grown up. They both had changed. But he still managed to read Kai like an open book.
 

"I saw the way you looked at them.." Kai sighs and looks at Baekhyun with worried eyes.
 

"What? Am I too obvious?"
 

"Don't worry! Clary doesn't see anything.. She's too busy with him anyway..."

 

 

Baekhyun looks down and bites his lip. Maybe he shouldn't have say that... But Kai needs to know. He needs to know that the one he loves is in love with his bestfriend.

 

 

"Yeah.. I saw that. She loves him, doesn't she? But he doesn't love her the way she does.." Kai sighs again and looks at Baekhyun. "Poor Clary.."

 

 

"And poor Kyungsoo.." Kai frowns at Baekhyun's words.
 

"What do you mean?"
 

"He never told you?" Kai's frown grows bigger.
 

"Told me what?"

 

 

"Kris."
 

 


Kai is just lost. Yeah, Kris, Clary's brother.
 

"What's the problem with him?" Baekhyun looks down. Maybe he shouldn't have brought that subject. If Kyungsoo didn't tell Jongin about all this, there must be a reason.

 

 

But Kyungsoo might me in danger...

 

 

"Kris is mad at Kyungsoo. He knows Clary loves him and he knows Clary is heartbroken because Kyungsoo doesn't love her back. And.. He's really protective." Baekhyun takes an heavy breath and continues. "He's in danger, Kai. Kris is dangerous. He has money, and friends, and the reputation of a fighter! He threatened Kyungsoo, told him he'd kill him if he hurts Clary even more.."
 

 


Kai's eyes widen. Kyungsoo never told him that. Kyungsoo never told him he could be in danger. Why did he stay quiet? Kai clenches his fists. He cares a lot about Clary, but he cares for his bestfriend too! Why did he stay quiet?

 

 

"He didn't want to tell you because he knows you have feelings for her. He didn't want you to fight against Clary's brother.." Baekhyun suddenly says as if he just read Kai's mind.
 

"I won't let him go alone with this. I won't let him fall. I promise!"

 

 

Watch your words, Jong In, don't promise such things when you can't do them.
 

 


-----

 

 

Kai finally finds Kris' locker. He reads the little words on the paper in his hands twice, takes a deep breath and finally folds it before pushing it in the locker.

 

 

'I need to talk to you. It's important. Where could we meet after school?
-Jong In.'


 

 

At the end of the day, Kai opens his locker and a little folded paper falls from it. He unfolds it and read it once. And then he reads it again. He looks around before quickly closing his locker and walking away.

 

 

'The little street next to the school, there's a thin path that crosses that street and the main street.
At 8pm.
Come alone.'

 

 

 

 

--------------------

Author's note

 

Actiooon is comiiiing! Woooooooh! :D Okay, next chapter is going to be... yeah I personnally really like it:D But actually I really like all the next chapters after that one haha.. Cuz let's say that's where the story truly begins, I guess?

 

Anyways^^ I hope you enjoy it so far! At least a little?

Mariiie