10-

Lust Or Love: The Reason.

As Clary and Kai are walking to the car, little droplets of water slowly start to fall from the sky. It is already so dark outside but the few streetlights light up the streets enough for them to find their way to the car. It begins to rain harder minutes by minutes, so they both enter in the car completly soaked. Clary helps Kai to get in the passager seat, closes the door behind him and gets in the back of the car, behind Kai. Kyungsoo doesn’t even look at them. When he hears the back’s door closing, he silently starts the car and begins to drive.

 

Silence. Nobody dares to talk. The tension is so big it’s like the hole car is on mute, except for the soft music that is coming from the radio and the rain that is falling heavily on the windows and the rest of the car. Kai lays on his seat, eyes closed as he breathes heavily. The blood on his nose already started to dry and he feels like someone just ripped him piece by piece. He is still angry, no doubt on that, but he also feels broken. Kris is right, he can’t control his feelings or his acts when he’s angry like that. And the fact that Clary maybe saw him, the bad part of him, it makes him feel hurt even more.

 

Kyungsoo, on the other side, is scared. He’s damn scared. When he saw Kai enters in the car, bleeding and hurt, he couldn’t help but to feel guilty. It’s all his fault after all. It’s because of him if Kai went to talk with Kris. It’s because of him that Kai got beaten up like that. It’s all his fault. But at the same time, he feels angry. Kai went there and didn’t say anything to him. Maybe Kyungsoo could have prevented that. He could have stopped Kai from doing all this.

 

"W-Why did you do that?!"

 

Kyungsoo finally breaks the silence that has been set in the car since Clary got out to find Jong In. His voice is shaking. He doesn’t even know why he’s angry at Kai. He had been a good friend and he defended Kyungsoo. He tried to talk to Kris and help him. But he’s still mad at him. Kai slowly turns his head and looks at his bestfriend.

 

"Why did I do that? You’re asking me why I tried to save your from Kris? Why I wanted him to stop threatening you? Are you ing asking me why?!" Kai yells his last question, leaving the car in a death silence once again soon after his words quit his mouth. Clary stiffens and looks at Kai with a worried look. She never saw him like that. She never saw him mad. How come he changed so fast? What did Kris tell him to make him feel like that?

 

Kyungsoo takes a deep and shaky breath. He doesn’t even want to answer Kai’s question. His own question was dumb anyways. He sure knows the answer. And Kai’s reaction just scared him even more. Like Clary, Kyungsoo never saw Kai ever reacting like that. He never saw Kai in such bad condition either. Kyungsoo just swallows heavily and looks at the street in front of him. He can’t let his feelings reach him right now. He must concentrate and take both Kai and Clary home safetly. He’ll have this discussion with Kai later.. maybe.

 

Kai rolls his eyes and sighs. "Yah! You’re not answering me? You exactly know why I did that! It’s because I care about you, D.O! I ing care and I don’t want you to get hurt by that guy! You didn’t do anything wrong and he’s just.. oh damn it!" Kai turns his head to face the window again. He knows that if he would have continued, he would have said too much. It seems like the whole world is against him tonight.

 

"Oh because you thought I would have agreed to let you get in trouble and talk to him!?"

 

Kyungsoo keeps his mouth open. He didn’t plan to say it so harshly. Actually he didn’t even plan to say that at all. The words just flew out of his mouth. Kai looks at him again and widen his eyes. Kyungsoo’s words went directly into his heart, stabbing him. As if he hadn’t have enough.

 

"So you’re saying I shouldn’t have tried to help you? That I shouldn’t care about you? Is that what you’re saying? Well okay, fine. I won’t care about you anymore! I’ll let you drown yourself into your s and leave you alone! Is that what you want?!" Kai is yelling again.

 

They completly forget Clary, who’s sitting at the back, looking down as tears slowly begins to run on her cheeks. She’s scared. She hates this. It’s probably all her fault. She shouldn’t have let her brother try to protect her. Now her two bestfriends are yelling at eachother, totally forgeting she’s still there, listening to them. She tries to block her ears and concentrate on something else then their screamings. She tries to think about something better. About the fact that they’ll soon arrive at their own house, that they’ll just forget about everything that happened tonight and go to sleep peacefully so tomorrow everything is going to be fine. Everything is going to be like the day before.

 

As she loses herself in her thoughts, Clary becomes totally deaf and doesn’t seem to hear the two boys arguing and almost hitting eachothers. Clary becomes blind and doesn’t realize Kyungsoo is looking at Kai too often, not paying enough attention to the streets. But it’s like all her senses come back to her when she suddenly sees two big headlights heading in their direction. Her eyes widen.

 

"D.O! WATCH OUT! A TRUCK!"

 

The last thing Clary hears is the truck honking, a crash, and then everything goes black.

 

 

-------------------

Author's note

I'm sorry I couldn't update yesterday, I had something all day and I only came back home really late ^^ Anyways:) I hope you still enjoy it! 

 

Mariiie