12-

Lust Or Love: The Reason.

About two weeks after the accident, Kyungsoo, Kai and Baekhyun finally come back to school. Everyone probably realize how they all changed since the last time they went to school. Everyone probably also realize they aren't togheter anymore. Kyungsoo is always alone, walking quietly and avoiding trouble while Kai and Baekhyun are still togheter, hanging out and having fun even if they don't have that smile they had on their faces before.

 

It has surprised Kyungsoo, though. Baekhyun had chosen Kai's side that night at the hospital. However he's never been able to know why since they were both avoiding him. He knows Kai must despites him now, but for Baekhyun... well he doesn't even know why Baekhyun hasn't spoken a word to him since then.

 

The only good thing is that Kris hasn't returned to school yet. Or maybe he is just ignoring Kyungsoo too, but that doesn't matter for him, as long as he doesn't see him for a while. Everytimes Kyungsoo thinks about Kris, he’s scared. He doesn’t even know where he hides and sometimes he has the feeling Kris could jump on him at every seconds if he’s alone somewhere. But the worse is everytime Kyungsoo thinks about Kris, Clary's face pops up in his mind and it tortures him everytimes. He can't even imagine how worse Kai's pain is. Or actually he doesn't want to imagine it.

 

When Kai walks in school for the first time since two weeks with Baekhyun, they both walk to the lockers' room in silence, looking down and avoiding everyone's gaze, watching the two guys carefully. They know everything about the accident since rumors in school spreads really fast. Kai sends a quick dark glance at their public, asking them silently and politly  to-

 

"Just get the away! We're not some animals in the zoo! L-Leave us alone!"

 

Kai's eyes widen. He looks at Baekhyun beside him and taps his shoulder reassuringly.

 

"B-Baek.. I-It's okay, really.." He looks at the people in front of him, all staring at the smaller guy beside Kai who just screamed angrily at them.

 

"P-Please, just let us live our lives, okay?"

 

Kai forces a smile and the crowd slowly disapears. Baekhyun sighs and continues to walk to their lockers in silence, followed by Kai.

 

When Kai finally arrives at his locker, he opens the door and is soon welcomed by three little post-it, waiting patiently on the locker's door for Kai to take and read them. Kai frowns and takes them under Baekhyun's concerned gaze.

 

"Kai.. What's that?"

 

"Mmmh? Oh, nothing, I guess.."

 

Kai reports his attention on the little sticky notes and reads them.

 

"I was right, wasn't I?"

 

"How does it feel to lose both your bestfriend and the one you love the most in this world?"

 

"You're all alone now, congratulation. So you're like him, aren't you? With nobody but your ownself!"

 

Kris.

 

Even if he didn’t sign the messages, Kai is sure he’s the one who wrote these. As if his pain wasn’t enough, Kris had to add even more, making him feel even worse. Even if Kai doesn’t want to admit it, he knows he probably went too far and has been too harsh with Kyungsoo. But he can’t control it. He’s still so angry and at him. When he reads the third one, though, he skakes his head and looks at Baekhyun who is still looking at him with a strange look, waiting for him to explain what are these messages.

 

‘You’re wrong, Kris, I’m not alone… I have Baekhyun.’

 

Kai smiles at his friend and quickly puts the little posts-it away before taking the books he needs and closing his locker. Baekhyun looks at him and frowns.

 

"Kai, are you sure you’re ok?"

 

"Yeah, I’m really fine, why you asking? Let’s go!"

 

Baekhyun sighs and follows Kai to his own locker. On their way, they walk beside Kyungsoo’s locker and Baekhyun feels guilty. Why did he choose Kai’s side? Why didn’t he decide to stay with Kyungsoo and confort him instead of Kai? He doesn’t even know it himself. Kai seemed so broken at the hospital. He seemed so bad Baekhyun pitied him. But the thing is he didn’t control his anger, actually he never did, but Baekhyun never saw him that angry. He never saw him like that. He felt like he should just stay by his side and try to make him feel better. He needed someone.

 

But as he walks by Kyungsoo’s locker, it makes him think about him. It makes him realize that Kyungsoo needs someone too since he’s probably as lost as Kai at the moment, but he let him alone. He just abandonned him. But maybe, this way, he could try to help..

 

"Yah.. Kai.. You know, the things you said at the hospital-"

 

"No."

 

Kai suddenly turns back to face Baekhyun. His eyes, that seemed happy and calm just a few seconds ago are now dark and sharp.

 

"I already told you to stop talking about this. You know really well I will never come back on what I swore to him. Now just stop asking why and trying to convince me to give up because I won’t!"

 

Kai sighs and continues to walk while Baekhyun slowly follows him. He’d tried to many times to talk about it and try to convince him but Kai never wanted to hear about it. Each times he’d just become deaf and ignore Baekhyun while he’d desperatly try to tell him why he shouldn’t do that because the things would just get worse. But Kai is really determine and stubborn, he won’t let go and Baekhyun knows that.

 

However Baekhyun keeps a little hope. He hopes that Kai will understand before he causes to much trouble. Baekhyun has that feeling that keeps telling him Kai is doing the wrong thing. The same feeling that told him not to let Kyungsoo and Clary go look for Kai, that night.

 

And Baekhyun’s instinct is always right.