26

The Break-Up Game. (HIATUS)

 


The two lovers were making a mess in the kitchen, it wasn't easy to prepare a meal. After having lunch, Nichkhun answered a call and hurriedly packed some clothes.

"Where are you going?" Tiffany asked.

"Sorry, something happened to my family, I need to fly to Thailand." He explained.

"Is it your omma?" Tiffany worriedly asked.

"I don't know, my brother didn't made it clear." Nichkhun said.

"Then you better leave soon, remember to call me! And watch out on the road, don't swerve here and there." Tiffany reminded him again.

"You're even naggier than omma. Why not you go with me?" Nichkhun suggested.

"Sure… wait I can't!" Tiffany agreed initially, but she turned back and saw the colouring materials and then remembered Wooyoung's wish.

"Wae?" He asked.

"I…"  Her heart was struggling, but she had to fulfill Wooyoung's wish.

"Can't you put everything down and go back with me?" Nichkhun suddenly felt angry.
"No… I…" Tiffany stuttered. It was the first time Nichkhun was angry.

"Then let's go!" Nichkhun said.

"But I want to help Wooyoung fulfill his wish." Tiffany silently said.

"Am I nothing compared to Wooyoung? Never mind, I really wanted to have a getaway with you. I'll leave first." 

Nichkhun carried his suitcase and hurriedly got out of Tiffany's sight.

"Wait up!"  Tiffany seemed to think for a while before making a decision, rushed into her room, grabbed a few clothes and passport then rushed out of door.

Tiffany forgot that there was a flight of stairs right in front of the entrance.. One carelessness cause her to roll down the stairs. 

This scene was seen by Taecyeon. He heard the quarrel and wanted to see what happened.

"Fany! You alright?" Taecyeon's exclaim immediately made Nichkhun turned back and he saw Tiffany who was lying on the ground.

"Fany!" Nichkhun also ran to her side.

"Call the ambulance!" Taecyeon said nervously.


HOSPITAL.


"It's my fault. I should have waited." Nichkhun regretted

"I think she didn't realised that was a flight of stairs because she was afraid you would be too far off." Taecyeon comforted her.

"It's my fault! I forgot that she had stairs disorder. I should have rented some other places." Nichkhun kept blaming himself.

"Who's the family of the patient?"

"I'm her good friend." Nichkhun said.

"Where's her parents?"

"Not in Korea. You can tell me her condition."

"She is only suffering from a minor concussion and injuries. If there's nothing wrong with the during two days of observation, she can be discharged." The doctor said.

"Will she lose her memory?" Taecyeon asked worriedly.

"It's hard to say, but the chances are slim, so you guys can relax."

"Kamsahamnida." Both of them said with a sigh of relief.

"Please proceed to the reception to do administration work." The nurse gestured to Nichkhun.

He nodded and left with the nurse.

"Doctor, can I proceed to see her?" Taecyeon asked as the doctor was about to leave.

"You can see her once she has been transferred to the normal ward."

"Okay."

In the ward, Taecyeon looked at the unconscious Tiffany. His heart suddenly felt 100% of reluctance.

"Fany, wake up! Let me know that you're alright, okay?" He said softly.

"Tiffany, is she awake?" Nichkhun asked before  Taecyeon shook his head.

"Oh." Nichkhun looked at Tiffany worriedly.

"Don't blame me for being nosy, but you knew their she has stairs disorder yet you ignored her. She really cared about you, if not she wouldn't have dashed out to find you after quarrelling with you." Taecyeon said calmly.

"I really shouldn't have said that she…" Nichkhun blamed himself.

"To be honest, you guys really have a good relationship. If you didn't told me that you were her step brother, I would have thought you guys were a couple." Taecyeon said.

" I really wanted her to follow me, but it had to be ruined by somebody." Nichkhun said with a bit of insult, But Taecyeon didn't seem to get it.

"She has a boyfriend?" Taecyeon said with a bit of a disappointing tone.

"No." Nichkhun said.

The truth was, he really really wanted to say yes, it was him. But he knew that Tiffany had to complete her mission,  the reward really meant a lot to her.
He wanted to help her, once she succeeded, they will be a real couple.


"She has somebody she likes? I've never heard her mention about it." He asked.

"You ask her."

"Khun." Tiffany finally woke up.

"Fany are you fine?" Both of them asked.

"Taecyeon? Why are you here? Where is this place?" She asked while looking at the unfamiliar surroundings.

"You're in a hospital. You fell down." Nichkhun said with concern.

"I fell?" She didn't remember what happened.

"Yeah. I heard quarreling so I came out. Then I saw you rolling down the stairs."
Taecyeon explained.

"Oh." She said. Everyone remained silent.

"Anni! Khun, aren't you going back to America? Let's go!" Tiffany said.

"You can't, you are already in a hospital." Nichkhun said.

"No! What if your omma met with something wrong! I am fine and I want to be discharged."

" I understand your intention. I'm sorry for just now, I shouldn't have said those words." Nichkhun sincerely apologised.

"No, it's my fault." Tiffany lowered her head and said.

"Taecyeon, can I trouble you to take care of this girl? I need to rush to the airport."

"Okay, don't worry."

"Khun. Do you really not need my accompany?" Tiffany asked.

Nichkhun bent forward and whispered into Tiffany's ears.

"Babo, As your boyfriend, of course I want you to accompany me, but I don't want to be selfish.  I'm giving you a chance to progress on your mission, make good use of it!" 

"Thank you. As your girlfriend, I expect you to call me everyday!" Tiffany replied back softly and smiled.

"Yes mdm." Nichkhun nodded and left.


"Babo. You really are the best." Tiffany thought to herself, she felt blessed.