Hello

The Break-Up Game. (HIATUS)

 

"So, what's wrong?" Nichkhun asked as soon as they arrived at the restaurant.
 
"Will you ever abandon someone who loves you, but you know that you can never love her back as much as she loves you?" Tiffany asked.
 
"What kind of question is that?" Nichkhun was taken aback by her deep question.
 
"Just answer me." 
 
"I'll probably avoid her, but not abandon her. I mean, being with her 24/7 will give her the wrong idea. But by avoiding her yet not abandoning her, it sends the correct signal." Nichkhun said.
 
"Sigh." Tiffany said.
 
"What's wrong?" Nichkhun asked.
 
"Nothing" 
 
"Seriously? After 20 years of knowing each other, you do this?" Nichkhun said, he was getting pissed.
 
There was silence.
 
"Come on, I'm always here for you. What's wrong?"Nichkhun broke the silence. 
 
Tiffany told Nichkhun about what she felt about the mission, she felt so guilty towards Taecyeon and she did not want to do this anymore. She hated the feeling of being abandoned. She did not understand why Yoona will want to abandon him, she could have stayed friends with her.
 
"I understand how you feel, I felt the same way for my first mission too. That girl really deserved much better. However, remember this, this is our job. We must do whatever task that have been given by the company. I know that it's hard for you, but endure it, do it for your education fees as well." Nichkhun advised.
 
Tiffany heaved a sigh and smiled later. "Alright. Khunnie, seriously, you are the best! I love you so much my dearest best friend! " She also pinched Nichkhun's cheeks.
 
"Good that you know. Just remember, you still have me." Nichkhun smiled.
 
"Yes I will, you sound like my boyfriend." Tiffany laughed.
 
"I am your boyfriend, you can't deny that." Nichkhun showed an aegyo face.
 
"Hey!" Tiffany didn't know whether to laugh or to be angry.
 
Just then, a familiar lady walked past both of them. 
 
"Fany? Nichkhun? Is that you guys?" She said.
 
"Yeah..." Both of them said. They looked at each other and knew exactly what each other we're thinking. They definitely knew this lady but could not recognize her.
 
"Don't you guys remember? I'm Seohyun ah!" 
 
"Oh! Hello!" They said and hugged her. Seohyun was their childhood classmate.
 
Seohyun sat down and said, " It's been so long huh? I can't believe you guys are still together!" She then squealed.
 
"Anniyo! We were never together.." Tiffany explained.
 
"Jjinja?! Everybody thought you guys were a couple...I...excuse me give me a moment." Seohyun's phone rang before she finished her sentence.
 
"Sorry but I've for an urgent meeting to attend to, we'll meet up soon okay?" Seohyun said and ran off.
 
After Seohyun was gone, both of them looked at each other and laughed.
 
"Wow she slimmed down so much, no wonder I couldn't recognize her." Nichkhun said.
 
"I know right, I still remembered how you were always calling her names." Tiffany joked.
 
"Hey, I've matured alright? Geez I really miss the childhood times." Nichkhun said.
 
"I remember what Seohyun had said, remember how everybody expected us to be a couple? Then you started to have girlfriends and everyone was disappointed. Their reaction was priceless." Tiffany laughed and said.
 
"I thought you were the one who had a  boyfriend first?" Nichkhun asked.
 
"No, you were the one who had a girlfriend first!" Tiffany rebutted.
 
"Woah woah woah, I saw you holding hands with that guy!" Nichkhun protested.
 
"Khunnie ah, that was my cousin..." Tiffany laughed.
 
"Jjinja?!" Nichkhun found it unbelievable.
 
"Jjinja! So basically  you were the one who had a girlfriend first."
 
"That was because..." Nichkhun stopped.
 
"Because...?" 
 
"Never mind, hey it's getting late now. I'll send you home." Nichkhun said.
 
"It's okay, you ditched your client to accompany me right? Go compensate her! Be a professional spy." Tiffany smiled and said.
 
"Alright alright, call me when you get back home." Nichkhun nagged.
 
"Khunnie ah, there you go again, acting like my boyfriend!" Tiffany joked.
 
"I do what I want, ka ja!" Nichkhun smiled and both of them went on their separate ways. 
 
Upon reaching home, Tiffany reminisced her childhood times and took out her "memory box" that contains important childhood item. She rummaged through the items and saw a slip that wrote "I want to be with Nichkhun forever  -13 years old." 
 
On the other side, Nichkhun was driving his car and going to meet his client.
 
"Because I thought you had a boyfriend and didn't like me, babo. I didn't even like that girl, I used her to forget my feelings about you."  Nichkhun mumbled.