Wisdom Tooth

Suit & Tie

Chapter 7

 

Wisdom Tooth

 

I don't know, don't know - this bug-like love
To a young me, it's too cruel
What to do? My heart is already burnt oh no
My first love - this love is going to kill me, what to do?

 

Love is cold, Love is pain, Love is fool
A first love like this is too painful for me
It's too painful for me, who is immature
More than my first wisdom tooth


 

-IU; Last Fantasy

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, well, well, our dear friend who is currently the talk of the town has finally graced us with her royal presence,” Dara declared out playfully as I walked towards their spot on one of the sofas.

 

 

“Did you see how she entered and walked down that thing?!” Bommie broke in, pointing dramatically towards the grand stairway of the event hall.

 

 

“It’s just too surreal!  It’s probably just some goddess who finally descended down the heavens with her… insanely and superbly hot date!” she continued on, looking at Dara with that same dramatic expression.

 

 

“Okay, I get it, now will the both of you stop acting like I am not standing right in front of you?” I finally cut in before they could get any crazier but then I may be too late on that note. 

 

 

“Tell me honestly, who are you and what did you do to our dear friend?!” Dara asked jokingly as Bom giggled.

 

 

“I am the goddess of war and I will kick both your asses to Mars if you don’t stop it,” I retorted as they only continued to giggle.

 

 

“We will if you introduce us to your man,” Bommie wiggles her eyebrows, motioning over towards Jingyo oppa who was getting drinks for me, a small group of girls eyeing him like he is some delicious delicacy.   Actually, every woman in this building is eyeing him that way.

 

 

“Yeah! The nerve of you to lie to us about not having a date for the Spring Ball.  I thought we are bestfriends!  How could you keep somebody that handsome from us all this time, Rin-Rin?!” Dara complained, narrowing her eyes at me.   I opened my mouth, ready to explain when Bom suddenly nudges Dara by the elbow with all excitement.  Within seconds, a glass of strawberry shake appears in front of me with a smiling Jingyo.

 

 

“Anything else you want, Chae-roo?” oppa asks as I shake my head, mumbling a quick ‘thanks’ at him before facing my two excited bestfriends who were nudging and whispering things I already have an idea of.  Putting up a big smile, I face them and finally introduce him to them.

 

 

“Bommie, Dara, I’m pretty sure both of you remember Jiyong,” I say as I get to witness the priceless looks on their surprised faces.

 

 

“Jingyo bear?!” they both blurted out loudly that some curious stares looked our way.  I could almost slap my palm unto my forehead, wanting to bury my head on a pot forever.   Even Youngbae and Daesung who were talking seriously near us stopped to give us their attention and I swear Youngbae looked like he was ready to do the Heimlich Maneuver again.  

 

 

How can I ever trust these friends of mine to remain sane?

 

 

Back when we were kids I used to talk about Jingyo oppa or Jingyo bear, as I always call him, all the time that I’m sure that they had, at one point, gotten sick of it and teased me relentlessly about it.   They’ve seen him several times a couple of year ago too before he left for France.  Moreover, they knew how important he was to me and so when Jingyo oppa left I had them to get me to smile since I was bound to cry, wail and undergo mental breakdown if I suddenly remembered him.

 

 

At this moment, from the corner of my eye, I could feel oppa look at me, probably sporting a questioning smile to urge me to explain the commotion.  

 

 

“Don’t ask,” I muttered or more like ordered towards him as we both looked back at my mental patients—I mean, bestfriends.

 

 

“You both look lovely, Park Bom-ssi, Park Sandara-ssi,” Jingyo oppa compliments with all politeness by giving a light bow while the both of them continue to stare at me then at oppa in disbelief.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“He really is your Jingyo?” Dara whispers at me for the hundredth time as we sat down the far opposite side of this long sofa, throwing glances at Jingyo oppa who was having a light conversation with Youngbae and Daesung.

 

 

“How do you live in the same roof with that insanely hot being without drooling over him?  I mean, I admire your self-control because that is so hard not to do,” Bom, who was sitting on my other side asks while I was now gulping down my strawberry shake like those people in the movies trying to get drunk.

 

 

“May I remind you both again, this is Jingyo oppa we are talking about, Jingyo, who has been with me ever since I was born, my bestfriend, my brother, my loyal butler,” I hissed at them.

 

 

“That’s a whole lot of ‘B’s.  Why don’t you add ‘boyfriend’ to that list of descriptions too?” Dara squealed, covering with both her hands to stop herself from doing it loudly as I down my strawberry shake, emptying it immediately.

 

 

“I clearly said ‘brother’ five seconds ago. What are you guys talking about?” I groaned at their incessant teasing.

 

 

“Oh c’mon Chaerin-ah, we know that you have been in love with him ever since you were in diapers,” Bom pointed out in a matter-of-fact tone while taking some chips on the coffee table in front of us and I could hear Dara agreeing immediately.

 

 

“Bom-ah, Ssantokki, Jingyo bear left for France today.  What if he isn’t coming back again?  I miss him already.  I don’t know what to do anymore. I want to cry but I promised him I wouldn’t.  Help me~” Bom re-enacts dramatically along with some fake short sobs on what presumably I had been like 5 years ago when oppa left.   I turn to Dara but then what do I expect?  She is just as crazy as Bom.

 

 

“Who is going to eat pancakes and ice-cream with me now?  Who is going to protect me from bad people?  Who is going to make me smile?  He is the only oppa I trust.  I can’t sleep.  I can’t live without him,” Dara whines as dramatically as Bom, even copying the sobbing and all.

 

 

“Alright! Alright! Now, stop it!” I protested, standing up to glare down at them and prove my point.  But then before I could say anything else, their playful eyes fall at the person walking towards me.

 

 

“Chae-roo, do you want another strawberry shake?  How about food?” Jingyo oppa asks, taking the empty glass from my hands. 

 

 

“U-Uh… no.  I-I just need water,” I say as oppa walks off to get me a glass of water.   I then slowly looked at my two crazy friends who I’m pretty sure are planning to make another delusional presumption.

 

 

“Yeah you need water to calm your burning heart, Chae-roo~” they both said in unison.

 

 

I seriously give up with these two.

 

 

“Whatever, you guys.  When my glass of water comes I’m dowsing you both with it,” I mumbled, sitting back down in between them and looking like I just won last place in a colouring contest.

 

 

   However, no matter how pre-occupied I might be with all my thoughts of taking revenge on these two, the small signals Youngbae and Dara were exchanging didn’t pass my cat eyes. 

 

 

I must say how adorable it is to see a shy, smiling Youngbae motioning over at the dance floor, a very cute way of asking a girl to dance with him, especially if the mellow song playing in the background is both their all-time favorite.   I try not to smile as I see Dara’s eyes obviously light up at the idea and just as expected, she then decides to leave us with the excuse that she had been sitting for so long already and needed to stretch her legs with some dancing.  

 

 

I and Bom exchange knowing glances as we slyly watch her head over to meet him halfway but then before we get too excited about our Youngbae finally grabbing the golden opportunity another boy steps in front of Dara’s path, obviously asking her to dance.   I might not see Dara’s face but I knew she was already giving a mental apology towards Youngbae since it wasn’t in our friend’s nature to be rude or snobbish to an innocent invitation.   On the other hand, Youngbae’s face already reflects a sad picture even though he hid it with an understanding smile.

 

 

“Oh no…” I hear Bom murmur disappointedly as we watched Dara dance with someone else who also happened to be the popular guy in campus, the reigning campus king, to be exact.   Furthermore, it is no secret that the whole school is expecting sparks of love to fly around those two since they are what everyone sees as the perfect pair.

 

 

“That ,” I finally say as Bom looks back at me.

 

 

“Why does that poop face have to sprout out of nowhere in such perfect timing?” she grumbles as I laugh at the term.  “Poor Youngbae, I’m sure the others are now prowling around waiting to dance with the campus queen,” she exclaims as I look around to find eyes being on the look-out.

 

 

Well, at least one of us got to dance with their love interest and a first dance at that,” Bommie says looking at me, her playful tone returning as I sigh.

 

 

“I thought we were done with this ridiculous talk?” I say, suddenly wondering what was taking Jingyo oppa so long to get a glass of water.

 

 

“Say whatever you want, Chaerin-ah, we both know I’m saying the truth.  I mean, with the both of you sweetly dancing close to each other in matching outfits and a chemistry that beats Chuck and Blaire’s, I am not being delusional at all” Bom replies in all sarcasm as I narrow my eyes at her.   

 

 

“It’s not like that at all…” I begin to say.

 

 

“What is it then?” she asks curiously, this time taking the bowl of chips looking like she is ready to watch a TV drama.

 

 

“I don’t know… oppa he’s… it’s his job to be caring and thoughtful… and he probably thinks of me as a little sister… ” I said suddenly feeling something heavy inside my chest.

 

 

“Don’t say that, butler or not you don’t even know what he really feels about you yet and yes, given the eight year he might think of you as a sister but look at it this way, there are couples out there with a ten year age difference but are happily together.  You haven’t even told him about what you feel yet,” Bom says, sincerely this time.

 

 

“There’s still hope!” she cheers on as I begin to smile.

 

 

“…is it true? About our chemistry thing?” I asked uncertainly.

 

 

“How long have you known me? Do I look like I’m lying to you right now?” She asks back.

 

 

“You see, they say that there is that one moment where you will find yourself in between space and time, like… the whole world stops.   That one moment wherein there is only you and him.  That one moment…” she drifts away as I look at her, waiting for her to finish her sentence but Bommie seems to be caught up with something.  Her eyes were fixed somewhere and her lips starting to part.  Like, she was caught up in space and time as well.

 

 

“Bom? Hello?” I say, trying to get her attention as I begin to follow her line of sight.  In between the crowd of people walking, dancing and mingling around I saw a man walk inside the hall, handsomely wearing a crisp formal suit as he suavely shakes hands with our vice-principal.  His manly features were sharp, even manlier than Jingyo oppa’s, his built is perfect and just enough for any woman to swoon on.  No wonder Bom looked like she had lost every word she knew since birth.  

 

 

And believe it or not, I know who he is.

 

 

“That’s my mother’s youngest sibling, uncle Hong Jun.  He is the head of the charitable organization the profits of this event are going to.  I used to call him Uncle Teddy when I was younger,” I said.

 

 

“Uncle? He doesn’t look like one,” Bom immediately says, her eyes never leaving him.

 

 

“Well, he is only ten years older than us.  My grandmother, back then, never thought she’d be pregnant again.  They badly wanted a son since they already had two daughters and so… there he is,” I explain, wondering why Bom seems to keep forgetting that I exist right this moment. 

 

 

“Is he single?” 

 

 

“Seriously?” I asked in surprise but then her serious and hopeful gaze quickly wipes off my smile of disbelief.

 

 

“Yeah… as far as I know but then he probably--” I didn’t get to finish as Bom suddenly stands up.

 

 

“Where are you going?” I ask, looking at how easily she has forgotten that bowl of chips she was holding a moment ago.

 

 

“Look! Your Jingyo is finally here now.  I have to go dance.  See you around!” she quickly says before going over to grab a poor shocked Daesung and drag him to the dance floor.  She struts towards an empty spot near Uncle Hong Jun’s table but not without bumping on to Dara’s dance partner, which I bet was purely intentional.

 

 

I shake my head as soon as she left however, I kept hearing random irritated mumblings as I turn to my right to notice a tall guy near the sofa I was sitting in.  He adjusted his glasses looking exactly like how Youngbae sadly looked when Dara went off to dance with Mr. Popular over there.   I recognized him from our history class, though.  He was that smart new student, Choi Seunghyun who sits near the far-end of the room quietly.   Bom tells me that sometimes he looks creepily over at us especially after she helped him find the faculty room and she has no idea why.

 

 

Wait, is he looking at Bom right now?  Could it be…

 

 

I was in the middle of contemplating whether or not I should approach him and ask but then a glass of water blocks my line of sight.

 

 

“Jingyo! What took you so long?” I asked, taking the glass as he sits beside me.

 

 

“I’m sorry for the delay, Chae-roo but I had to eliminate suspicious looking particles on that glass, check on the cleanliness level of the water and take a phone call,” oppa enumerates as I laugh.

 

 

“You really didn’t have to, oppa, but thank you,” I took a sip, wondering about his phone call in the back of my mind.

 

 

“So how’s your night so far?” he asks.

 

 

“Not bad as I expected it to be,” I answered when a sudden thought came to my mind.

 

 

“Jingyo, have you attended this kinds of events when you were high school too?” I asked, suddenly curious about oppa’s high school life.

 

 

“Of course I did, although the events we had are less formal and not that grand like this,” he said, looking a bit sentimental.

 

 

“How was it?” I asked again, hoping he’d say more.  

 

 

“Fun! No offence, but more fun than this actually,” he said in a low tone and I shook my head to tell him there wasn’t any on my part.  How could I feel offended when there is nothing to be offended for anyway?   I always found these events boring myself and all I ever got from it are feet hurting from these deadly heels.   

 

 

“I also won an uljjang award, photogenic award, winter prince and prom king,” I was about to sigh to the heavens at this narcissistic oppa’s achievements when he leaned closer at me.

 

 

He really has to stop doing that.

 

 

“Do you want to know how fun it was?” he asked and soon I found myself being led to the fire exit door, oppa’s warm hand holding mine as he turns to me, a finger on his lips telling me to remain as quiet as possible.

 

 

I could feel all the pent-up anxiety and excitement building up.  Who knew I’d be even be doing something like this?  And with Jingyo oppa for that matter? It is true that escaping social events have always lingered at the back of my mind but I have never really taken it seriously and just resigned myself to awkwardly sit with a bunch of adults.   This would be the very first time in my life that I’d be breaking the rules and it feels so exhilarating.

 

 

We were heading up the small staircase when I had to stop and bend down to adjust my heel since I feel like I’m going to have a bruise later on from the straps.  

 

 

“Are your feet hurting?” oppa suddenly asks, turning towards me worriedly.

 

 

“Just a bit,” I said, standing straight immediately to assure him that everything was fine but then to my surprise Jingyo suddenly crouches down to probably re-adjust the straps of my shoes himself.

 

 

“It’s okay now, Jingyo,” I told him as I felt the straps of my heels loosening.  I look down to see what he was doing.  

 

 

Is he taking off my pair of heels?

 

 

“What are you doing, oppa?” he seemed too busy to reply so I continued to observe him.

 

 

He then slowly lifted my foot while I held on to his shoulders for balance.  I could feel him taking off my shoes one by one.  Finally standing up with my pair of shoes hanging on his hand, he then turns to offer his back at me like he does whenever he would let me climb up his back when I was a little girl.  

 

 

“A-Are you sure? I’m not as light as I used to be, Jingyo.  I can just walk upstairs barefooted,” I said, gently tapping his back to urge him that it was okay even though it wasn’t.  I never walk barefooted outside my house before.   Honestly, in the back of my mind I was about to die from the billions of germs my poor feet are currently accumulating on the steps.

 

 

I know that having a guy carry a girl on his back is one of those sweet moments on dramas, what with all the romantic skinship, but in reality girls are most worried when it comes to things like that.  Why?  It’s because this is that embarrassing revelation of how heavy you actually weigh and I bet you don’t want to hear the poor guy grunting out like his life shortened by a couple of years, right?

 

 

I don’t want Jingyo oppa to be burdened by the weight of the world.

 

 

Now oppa may have carried me a lot when I was young but I’m so sure that there is a huge difference between the six year old me and the sixteen year old me in terms of height and weight.  Don’t get me wrong I know oppa exercises everyday but then…

 

 

“Hop on, princess, we have to hurry,” Oppa urges on and I had to close my eyes, hesitantly deciding on putting my arms around his neck, letting him secure his hold on to my legs hanging on both his sides.   I went through all that with my eyes tightly closed, by the way, but then when he suddenly stands straight up and walks like nothing happened I begin to open them again.

 

 

This doesn’t seem bad after all…

 

 

I must have underestimated this fragile looking oppa’s strength.  Of course, there must also be a huge difference between the fourteen year old Jingyo and the twenty four year old Jingyo.   I could feel all that muscle underneath his suit doing a really good job.  His soccer days are something to thank for too since that’s what got him to love exercise.  

 

 

So, here we are, going up the steps to what looks like the rooftop’s door and all the way up I could only smell oppa’s perfume.  He smells really good and now I can’t think of anything else but how close we are right now.  My cheeks are probably blushing and I am afraid he could feel this heart of mine beating hard.

 

 

The rooftop’s door was now only inches away from us.  With one twist and a push from oppa, I suddenly felt the cold wind hit my face but what got me to smile was the view of the river and the entire city lighting up, like those sparkling Christmas lights!  I know that the view down the event hall was already beautiful but up here it is perfect. 

 

 

I guess both of us were enamoured by the beauty of the view that we just stopped and stared for a while to appreciate it.  

 

 

I hope we could stay like this forever.

 

 

Taking a few steps, Jingyo stopped to reach in his inner jacket pocket to take some kind of folded white cloth.  It took me a few moments to realize that it looked like one of the table cloths covering one of the round tables downstairs.  After unfolding it down the cemented floor with one hand, he then gently placed me down on it. 

 

 

I fixed my dress as soon as I got both my feet planted down the ground, looking around at the empty rooftop before feeling something warm wrap around my shoulders.    Jingyo, ever the gentleman that he is, placed his jacket over me feeling how chilly the air was up here.

 

 

I’m sure Jingyo is thinking that Appa will get mad if I catch a cold for sure, though.

 

 

“So, this is where the fun is?” I asked jokingly, wondering how he even knew of such place.  Aren’t these sections supposed to be locked and restricted to non-employees? 

 

 

Except if…

 

 

“Yes, Chae-roo.  This is where the fun is,” oppa stretches his arms wide before walking over to a corner and grabbing a brown paper bag.    He then returns to my side as I get to peek at the contents.  My eyes instantly widen and look up at him.

 

 

“Is that from our favorite Korean barbecue restaurant?” I immediately blurted out while he takes out several take-out boxes and lays them out on the cloth that we are both now sitting on. 

 

 

I think I already have an idea why oppa took so long to get my water.

 

 

I’ve already eaten back down at the ball but then the European themed cuisine meant no rice and it just so happened that I was craving for it.   Plus, I had been subjected to so many beauty treatments the whole day that I barely got to eat which meant that I am hungry.

 

 

“I saw that you weren’t eating much back there so I decided to call for delivery earlier and get your favorites,” oppa explained, opening the containers which immediately got me hungry.

 

 

“You really know me well,” I say, taking the chopsticks he offered and immediately dug in hungrily.

 

 

“Of course I do.  I’m your Jingyo bear,”

 

 

I almost choked on my chicken at what he said.  His small chuckles which he was obviously trying to hide didn’t pass my ears either.

 

 

“Oh no, not you too?” I whined, throwing one of the plastic container’s covers at him.  He expertly dodges it and finally laughs out loud.   

 

 

“You know I’ve always called you that before… stop laughing!” I glared at him as he immediately stops and buries his head down on his food.  The silence suddenly takes over.

 

 

Ah the perks of being the boss.

 

 

“Should we reminisce on the other names you used to call me?” oppa’s sly tone came back with that evil smile of his.

 

 

“Because there is actually this very memorable one… boyfriend Jing—“

 

 

I had no intentions of letting him finish at all as I suddenly stand up, ready to launch a full out Chae-roo attack.  But then this very clever oppa springs up even quicker than me and suddenly points out to my feet.

 

 

“Dirty ground!” he warns as I stop abruptly when my feet reached the end of the cloth.

 

 

Here is the story behind this, back when I was young I had this very huge misunderstanding on what ‘boyfriend’ meant.   I was once told that the term meant having a very close male friend who always takes you out to eat, play with, hug and kiss.  Being the naïve little girl I was I, of course, thought innocently of it and connected it to Jingyo oppa since that is exactly what we do every day.  I do hug him a lot and kiss his cheek goodnight so technically oppa fits the description.

 

 

Hence, I, calling him my very first boyfriend happened when we had just gotten home from school.  That was the time when oppa looked very upset about me trying to go with this new friend of mine to eat ice-cream.  He mistakenly thought that I was dating that boy.  How could he even think that I might grow up to be a wild teen?

 

 

Oppa is officially weird sometimes.    

 

 

Anyways, that night, I hugged him really tight and told him that he is the best boyfriend I ever had and that I would be the best girlfriend he would ever had.   Well, that got him to stop and stare at me before letting out a smile followed by a hearty laugh. 

 

 

Thus, the current teasing.

 

 

“Come back here!” I yelled at him as he slowly steps closer towards me looking sly with the plastic container he was eating in his hands and that smile still on his face.

 

 

“Peace?” he says, offering his hand yet I only narrow my eyes at him which only tells him that he needs to double his efforts.

 

 

“What should oppa do to be forgiven?” he asks while I remain silent. 

 

 

Nope. I wasn’t really mad but then I was really enjoying this thing, with him trying hard to please me and all.   He cracked a few jokes but I forced myself not to laugh.  I thought he was going to give up after his attempt of bribing me with my favorites when he suddenly turned his back towards me.   He seemed to be doing something as I tried to steal a peek but I really couldn’t see what it was.

 

 

To my surprise, I could hear music coming from his phone.  It had this jumpy pop dance vibe to it and in a few moments oppa faces me while suddenly doing this random dance moves.   It didn’t take a second for me to burst out laughing like crazy.

 

 

With a body wave here and a shake there, oppa has made his way close to me to take both my hands and sway them around to the beat.   So now we are both dancing like crazy, something we couldn’t do with all the formal-ness downstairs. 

 

 

Actually, I haven’t done something like this before. 

 

 

We dropped back down to the laid out cloth after a couple of songs, tiredly finishing the rest of the food but then my laughter was enough of a sign that he has long been forgiven.   

 

 

“I hope they don’t find out that I’m missing,” I say, although I know in the back of my mind that Dara and Bom are going to notice any time soon now.

 

 

I really want to stay here longer with oppa.

 

 

“It seems we have to go back down in a bit then,” oppa tells me while putting away all the now empty food containers.  I felt a little down at the thought but then Jingyo always has something up his sleeve.

 

 

“We need to do one last thing before that,” he then takes out what looked like pieces of sticks and a lighter.   I stare at it for a while thinking of things that requires those two things when I finally realize that it was those small sparkling fireworks where you can hold on to while they burst in to this small sparkles of light.

 

 

“They say, that we could light this up on a starry night and make a wish,” Jingyo begins to tell me as he hands one over to me, preparing to place the flame of his lighter over its end.   He does the same with his and the flames start off with a hiss before sparkles burst out of it as I, on the other hand grin like a kid.

 

 

“Go ahead make a wish, Chae-roo!” Jingyo urges me as I immediately close my eyes and fervently wish to my heart’s content.   Once I was done, I opened my eyes and saw oppa making his own wish. 

 

 

Oppa has really great facial features.  His eyes are perfect even when they are closed especially with those long eyelashes.  I think they are even longer than mine.  His nose is prominent but it was just right for his face.   Oppa has a bit of soft features too.  His cheeks look so soft and his lips…

 

 

“Do I have dirt on my face?”

 

 

I almost yelped at oppa’s voice.   I had been embarrassingly studying every inch of him and not knowing that he is already staring back at me.

 

 

Help me god. 

 

 

“N-No… Let’s go!” I quickly say before standing up like the floor is on fire.

 

 

And off we went but not before oppa straps my high heels back on my feet.  We head back down and just like I’ve been brought back to the real world.   Like expected, Dara hurries over to my direction as soon as she sees me in the crowd and teases me about oppa’s jacket hanging on my shoulders.   

 

 

By the end of the event, we all said our goodnights and separated ways.   I got in oppa’s car while he walks out to tell the limousine driver that I would be riding with him instead.   Back in the car, I almost jumped out of my seat as Jingyo’s ringtone rang out.  Out of curiosity, I checked on the caller, half expecting it to be either appa or omma but the caller image made me stop.  

 

 

It was that ‘I’m-so-pretty-it-hurts’ unnie.

 

 

I looked out finding oppa still talking outside with the driver and by the time he walks back the car the calls stop… much to my relief.  I don’t know why but it kind of bothered me that she was suddenly keeping in touch with him.   I mean, I knew that after oppa left for France they had also lost communication since she was somewhere in Australia, studying.

 

 

The gossip I get from nana Hye Mi is endless, I tell you.

 

 

We got home safely and I did tell oppa my never-ending gratitude for the wonderful night accompanied with a very tight hug however, when his phone rang again I couldn’t help but feel curious.

 

 

I didn’t go back to my room immediately. 

 

 

I couldn’t.

 

 

Instead, I went behind one of the walls dividing our house while I heard oppa finally answering his call.  His voice may have been soft but I could still hear every word clearly and the tenderness in his tone was something that I know he doesn’t use towards me.

 

 

“Hi… it’s been a while.  How are you?”

 

 

“That’s great… No not really… I just got back from an event…”

 

 

“I accompanied Chaerin, you remember her, right? Yes, she’s doing fine,”

 

 

“We’ve always been so close.  She is like a little sister to me,”

 

 

“When? Sunday? Okay, I’ll meet you there…at the same place,”

 

 

“And Mi Yeon…”

 

 

“I missed you,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaerin’s Note

Tonight, I wished that I can be by oppa’s side forever, that we will always remain happy but…  I think that no matter how much I wish, I can never stop myself from the pain I feel in my chest or the tears that keep falling.  Is this what it feels like?

 

Tonight, my heart broke for the first time.

 

Chae-roo       

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A.N.:

 

The Philippines has been strucked by the biggest typhoon in the world a couple of days ago.  There was even a point that I couldn't bear to turn on my TV because I just couldn't bear to hear and see what this typhoon has done to my country.  I couldn't even imagine what it feels like to literally lose everything, homes, cars, loved ones.  To my Filipino brother's and sisters that have been greatly affected, help is on the way, stay strong.  I know we will survive this, we have the strongest spirits after all. We will continue to pray for you.    

 

I would have wanted to put up a happier chapter but then it just so happened that it fell to this heartbreaker.

 

Oh well, feel free to rant it out on the small comment box below.. your first love, first heartbreaks or the recent skydragon updates, anything.  I'd love to hear from you all.

 

To the148 pretty people who subscribed to my fic and the prettier few who upvoted for it, THANK YOU.

 

KEEP VOTING FOR GD, CL, 2NE1, SEUNGRI & LEE HI FOR THE MAMAs!