Magic

Suit & Tie

 

Chapter 20

 

Magic

 

I don't, and I don't, and I don't, and I don't
No I don't, it's true
I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't, no, I don't
Want anybody else but you

 

Wanna fall, I fall so far
I wanna fall, fall so hard
And I call it magic
And I call it true
Call it magic

 

And if you were to ask me
After all that we've been through
"Still believe in magic?"
Well yes, I do
Oh yes, I do
Oh yes, I do
Oh yes, I do
Of course I do

 

Coldplay; Ghost Stories

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lee Mansion

Sunday

 

 

“We’re already here, Chaerin agasshi,” Butler Seo tells me as I look up, my hands still massaging my throbbing head.  True enough, the place I call home stood proudly in front of my eyes.  The door opens as some of the house employees scamper around to offer me their service.  Their surprised faces greeting me as my visit is unannounced.  One thing was for sure, head ache or no head ache I was going home today and finally talk to my father.

 

 

“Where is appa?” I ask impatiently as soon as I stepped in the foyer.  I tear my glasses off my eyes, running a hand through my jet black hair.

 

 

“He is in his office with his associate in deep business conversation, Chaerin agasshi.  He’ll be free a little later.  Is there anything you’d like to drink for the mean time?” one of our butlers, butler Cha asks calmly.

 

 

“Water,” I answer shortly before walking on up the grand staircase.  He signals on one of the maids to get what I just asked for before following behind me.

 

 

“Will you be staying the night, agasshi?  Your room has been maintained exactly the way you left it.  I’ll just have it extra clean—,”

 

 

“No,”  I cut him off as I veered left, only having one destination in mind. 

 

 

“Is there… anything else you need or want, agasshi?  Light snacks?  Pancakes?”

 

 

“No,” I say. Waving my hand dismissively at him, I finally slow down my steps and stop at a dark brown door.  My hand was already on the knob when butler Cha stops me, looking panicked.

 

 

“Agasshi, your appa is currently talking business with his associate right now and must not be bothered.  You know how Lee sajangnim hates to be interrupted… except for life and death emergency situations.   Please wait a bit more,”

 

 

“Move,” I commanded him, my eyes narrowing on him as he gulps, sweat forming at the side of his neck.

 

 

“Please be a bit more understanding, agasshi.  We’ve been ordered to not let anybody in and—,”

 

 

“Get out of the way,” I cut him off again, my tone getting even more demanding. 

 

 

“I am his daughter and I want to talk to him… so move,” I say icily, glaring at him which must be getting in to his system bad since I could see his hands tremble.  I guess butler Cha needs a little more push.

 

 

“Do you love your job, butler Cha?”

 

 

And finally!  A door, opened wide for the queen. 

 

 

See, life can be so easy when you want it to.

 

 

I walked in to see my father looking out of the glass window behind his desk with both his hands behind his back.  My sudden entrance breaks the calm atmosphere as he suddenly turns to face me.  A look of surprise passes his face before changing into a worried one.  I don't exactly come to his office unless it is something really serious.  His attention however, breaks from me as butler Cha speaks up from behind.  The poor butler had his head down while explaining the situation.  He doesn’t get to finish as my father lifts up his hand to stop him.

 

 

“It’s okay, butler Cha, please close the door when you leave,” appa says as my glass of water comes.  I had it placed on top of my appa’s table before finally speaking.

 

 

“We need to talk,” I immediately say, not breaking eye-contact as I look at my father’s features, still standing proud despite being on the age where people are prone to sickness and back pains.  I must give it up to his healthy lifestyle for keeping him in top shape.

 

 

“Of course!  Actually your arrival is very timely, my sweet daughter!  I and Jiyong over here are going to go and play golf.  You should come.  We can talk along the way,” my father says rather happily while I quickly turn my head to the “associate” he had been talking to, the person I failed to notice when I entered grandly. 

 

 

Jingyo?!

 

 

And there he was standing behind me in his handsome self, ready to play golf with his classy outfit.  He clears his throat, glancing at me for a few moments before giving an agreeing nod at my father.   I stare at him, not really knowing what to say.

 

 

“I should go get dressed then.  You should too, Chaerin-ah.  Your omma is also coming but she had to make sure that the art gallery is ready for tomorrow so she’ll follow shortly.  And will you show some support to your omma’s event tomorrow, the gallery will have a mini cocktail party in the evening so be sure to attend that too,” appa tells me before looking back at Jingyo.

 

 

“Bring her tomorrow,” he says to oppa before heading to the door while I follow him but not before giving Jingyo another look which says—I thought you were in Hong Kong?!

 

 

He shrugs, acting innocent as he passes me by breezily before heading off downstairs to get his car.

 

 

I really hate this handsome oppa sometimes 

 

 

“Appa!” I burst in through the door of my parent’s bedroom as my father gets some of his assistants to pick the perfect golfing outfit for today.

 

 

“What is it that it can’t wait? Problems with work?   Ah before I forget, I still have to ask about your little stunt yesterday night which I am not too happy about,” my father says while rejecting the pair of shoes offered to him as of the moment.

 

 

“No not that.  Just having problems regarding that really small lie that you kept from me four years ago,” I say sarcastically before adding in a softer tone,

 

 

“And we just had a little drink.  It was in Youngbae’s private yacht anyway so the media hasn’t seen much… don’t you go out with the Park’s and the Dong’s to have fun and get drunk late at night?” I mumble.

 

 

“And don’t turn things around, appa!  You have major explaining to tell me!  Four year’s worth of explanation to be exact!” I accuse as he settles for the brown pair of shoes before going inside his changing room to dress up.

 

 

“How could you lie to me about Jingyo?!  You, sending him away without even telling me is just wrong!  You knew how depressed I was when he left!  I cried for weeks!  You should have at least told me where he was, which you knew all this time!  And you promised me that his trip to France would be the last time you’d separate us.  Wasn’t he supposed to be my butler for life!  Forever!,” I ranted on and on until my father steps out, decked out in complete golf attire and looking at me like he watching some llama eating at the fields.

 

 

“Tell me then, if I hadn’t done that then would you have sped off like a race car to Incheon airport and confess your heart to him?”

 

 

“I—,”

 

 

“Would have known then that he feels the same way if I hadn’t separated you?”

 

 

“Well—,”

 

 

“Would you have had a chance to kiss and hug him if he stayed?”

 

 

“Uhm—,”

 

 

“You both would probably still be going around in circles, which makes me and your poor mother dizzy!  Don’t you think I wouldn’t have realized that my only daughter is in love?  Because of what I did the both of you are happily hopping around the flowers like butterfly lovers in the spring,”

 

 

“Butterflies don’t hop—,” oh boy and there is no use stopping him.  My omma did say that I and appa have always acted similarly.  I still don’t want to believe it though.

 

 

“I am the major reason why the both of you are together.  Now, both your futures are secured! Who gets to work with their special someone?  I had to pull strings to arrange his transfer from abroad and your placement in the advertising department.  Aren’t you supposed to be thanking me instead?”

 

 

“But—,” I try to protest again yet it was as if I was talking to a monster wave raging my way and this time his expression turns serious as he looks me in the eye.   Appa rarely goes serious and when he does there is usually a good reason and nobody, NOBODY, questions him when he is like this.

 

 

“And before I forget, since we are already talking about work, despite the good feedback I’ve been getting about your performance I would like to warn you just like I have warned Jiyong.  I don’t want to hear any scandal breaking out of the advertising department, if you know what I mean.  Both of you are responsible adults and I trust Jiyong but still, this is not Paris or New York so keep the skinship to ZERO when inside the company, understood?”

 

 

 “A-Appa!  W-What do you m-mean?  What s-skinship?  There… is no such thing,”  I reply meekly, trying to keep a normal face but then his glare almost makes me choke on my own saliva.

 

 

“Understood,” I answer and as soon as I say the word his smile returns back to his face and he returns in to the kindhearted appa that I know.

 

 

“Well now that we have that settled go get dressed, quick!  I still have a very interesting match to play with my future son in-law,” he says gleefully, clapping his hands and walking out of the room.

 

 

“Appa!!”

 

 

“What?  Don’t tell me, that I’ve sent the wrong man to New York!”

 

 

“That’s not what I meant.  It’s just… we haven’t talked about that…yet,” I fumble for my words, my face becoming a shade of pink at the sudden thought.

 

 

“No problem.  We will talk about it later then!” he says excitedly and before I could protest he is off talking with an equally happy uncle Kwon about some important things to discuss later.


 

My mind goes blank at what just happened as I trudge to my room, declining help from my father’s fashion employees before walking off to my closet, shaking my head every now and then.  I think my head ache just got even worse now.

 

 

Why the heck did I drink so much last night?

 

 

 

 

9 hours ago

 

 

“Shot! Shot! Shot! WOOOH!” I easily down the slightly bitter liquid in my throat in one drink before putting down the shot glass on the table amidst the cheers I got from Bom, Dara, Youngbae, Soo Hyuk and his girlfriend, famous Japanese model, Kiko Mizuhara.  Surprised? Ah yes this famous fashion couple has been together for a year now and I can’t be happier.   She came unexpectedly at a time when he decided that love was not a priority at the moment, especially after I unfortunately broke his heart.  And believe it or not, despite being a heartbreaker, he has me to thank for the beautiful love he has gained.  If I didn’t drag or rather, begged him to come to a fashion event in Japan with me then he wouldn’t have had collided on to her, fell to the ground and bumped his head, literally.  I had to call for a doctor but then I guess he didn’t need one anymore when his angel, as he calls her, is already worriedly tending to him.   The funny thing was she and I knew each other and the reason why I badly wanted to come to Japan was because I did promise Kiko I’d finally be present in one of her fashion launches.

 

 

Ah, I instantly knew the love god was already at work

 

 

“So why can’t the boyfriend come tonight?” Dara asks me, Youngbae’s arm draped over her shoulders.   Every one of us already tipsy from the first round of alcohol we already consumed.

 

 

Speaking of love…

 

 

“Still in Hong Kong.  It’s a business thing,” I answer sluggishly, a hand under my chin as I play with my shot glass.

 

 

“Yah! It’s good that Jingyo bear can’t come because that’s going to leave me as the only single person here tonight!” Bom yells before drinking straight from the bottle.

 

 

“I mean, look at them!” she says pointing over to Soo Hyuk currently giving sly kisses to Kiko.  The two smile and break away as the spotlight shines on them.

 

 

“If Jingyo bear was here, I’d be the only one with no one to cuddle and hold me.  What if I sleep walk and sail in the middle of the ocean by tomorrow?!” she wails, putting her head on my shoulder as the rest of us laugh.

 

 

“Don’t worry, Bommie, Youngbae has enough boats to conduct a search and rescue party for you,” Dara giggles as Bom groans.

 

 

“Besides, the goldfish can take care of you,” Youngbae teases and we all get the meaning.

 

 

“Mind your own rabbit Dong Youngbae!”

 

 

“Speaking of goldfish, maybe we should order more squid rings,” Soo Hyuk suggests, wiggling his eyebrows as Dara calls for the waiter despite Bom’s words of threat.

 

 

“Waiter!!  Tell chef Choi to personally serve us more squid rings and dried fish!!”  Dara orders the waiter eagerly.  It was her idea to secretly hire him as chef for the night, much to Bom’s horror.  Nobody can blame Dara though.  Seung Hyun’s cooking is enough for me to want to hire him as my own personal chef.

 

 

“No. No. No. We don’t need any more food!” Bom yells, giving out a defeated sigh when none of her efforts pull through.  She downs more alcohol while I pat her back sympathetically.  Soon enough, the controlled giggles start to come up once the alluring chef comes out to personally serve our dishes with added surprise side dishes on the side, as expected of the passionate chef. 

 

 

“Chef Choi! Come join us!” Dara says and Soo Hyuk moves to give him room to sit on the sofa. Unfortunately for Bom, Choi Seung Hyun knows how to please a crowd.  The chef takes on the invitation, grabbing himself a beer bottle and sitting down in between Soo Hyuk and Bom. 

 

 

“Great. Now I’m the one who feels so out of place,” I mumble softly enough to be heard by Bom who immediately clamps down my mouth with her hand. 

 

 

“Chaerin feels like she needs to vomit some place,” Bom says immediately when the group inquires about what I just said.

 

 

“I do not!” I mumble underneath her hand yet it nobody seems to understand so I just let myself be helplessly dragged by the neck to the other side of yacht by Bom.

 

 

“Wow, now you are using me as an excuse to leave?” I ask once she takes her hand releases my mouth.

 

 

“Who told you guys to invite him anyway?” she asks and I can’t tell whether she was crying or whining.

 

 

“Why not invite him? The seafood earlier was perfect, plus he is giving us a nice discount for his services,” I answer before taking the bottle she had incredibly held on up until now.  I take one gulp and slightly make a face at the bitter taste.  I had no idea she was going for a really strong one tonight.

 

 

“I have other chefs too and they all make good seafood,” she grumbles, taking back her bottle for a drink.

 

 

“What is the deal between the two of you anyway? You guys work together every day so why are you...,” my words are cut short when a realization dawns upon me.  Something wasn’t right and I’ve been too busy downing shots to notice how strange my friend was acting.  She was too eager to take a day off from restaurant duties and hop on a boat.  She was also the one who suggested taking out the alcohol.

 

 

“What happened?” I demanded, placing a hand on my hip and narrowing my eyes at her accusingly.  I can see the hesitation and then confusion as she paces back and forth, her eyes avoiding mine.  She exhales loudly and that’s when she confesses.

 

 

“We kissed,” she blurts out, holding her breath as she lets me process what I just heard.

 

 

One

 

 

Two

 

 

Three

 

 

“What?!” my eyes are now wide open.  It was like the night sky became bright again and I simply forgot how heavy my head already feels.   I watch as she sits down, clutching her head with her free hand, looking really pathetic right now.

 

 

“When?! How?!” I continue as she hushes me.

 

 

“Can you please not broadcast whatever it is I’m trying to tell you here?” she pleads and I sit next to her, breathing in and out before facing her.

 

 

“Okay, I’m okay now. So, what… happened?” I asked as calmly as possible.

 

 

“We were debating about this dish… like always,” she starts as I nod.

 

 

“It was a very stressful week since we were informed that a food critic from this one famous Asian magazine was coming by.  I also have this problem with one of the wine suppliers and then there is my father’s upcoming birthday which I would be catering for.  In short, I was really tired and burnt out that I just…”

 

 

“You were tired so you tripped, fell on top of him and kissed him by accident,” I summarize for her but then she shakes her head.

 

 

“No!  It wasn’t like that!  I was… We were debating and it turned into a heated argument.  I lost my composure… I wanted to get some space, he wouldn’t let the topic go and… so he followed me all the way to the storage room…”

 

 

“The storage room?” I repeat as she suddenly wails miserably and I’m pretty sure this is all on the alcohol already.

 

 

“That was the only room where I could be by myself!  He kept on talking and ranting.  I just wanted quiet.  I wanted peace.  I only wanted him to shut up so…,”

 

 

“You kissed him?! You?!” I hissed, reminding myself at the last minute to keep it down.  There was a moment of silence as she takes a long sip before looking straight away in to nothing.

 

 

One

 

 

Two

 

 

Three

 

 

“What the hell was I thinking?!!” she wails and this time I was the one clamping a hand on , reminding her to tone down the volume.  When I feel her calming down I slowly loosen my grip.

 

 

“Okay, so you kissed him then…” I looked at her, searching for answers as she bites her lip and fidgets with her fingers.

 

 

“I… broke away instantly when I realized what I was doing so… I tried to walk away but then he…”

 

 

“He what??”

 

 

“He pulls me back then kisses me and then we were kissing and I just don’t know how long but it was quite long I could only remember feeling his hands around me and the wall behind me and then the storage door suddenly opens and we separate in a second and now I don’t know how to act in front of him. GOD WHY DID YOU GUYS HIRE HIM?” she rants in one breath that I almost couldn’t catch half of what she said.

 

 

“…because of the food?” I answer after a while but then I was quick for the defense.

 

 

“And how are we supposed to know that something like that happened? You never told us anything!” she just groans and motions to take another drink but then I grab the bottle and take the drink myself.

 

 

“But seriously, what am I supposed to do?  S-Should I talk to him about it?  But it would be too awkward!” she says, biting her thumb in anxiety.  It’s actually been a long time since I saw her like this, back in a time when she was still a shy chubby girl who loved to space out and sneak in food inside the library.  Today, she has transformed into a respectable woman in control of everything, envied by other women and fantasized by men thus, seeing her like this reminds me that some things just never change, she's still the Bommie I met back when I first started school.

 

 

“Bommie… tell me honestly, what do you feel towards Seung Hyun oppa?” I asked, looking at her sincerely.

 

 

She stops for a while, getting deep in to thought and seeing her reminds me of something, something which actually makes me smile. 

 

 

Now I know what I looked like back then.

 

 

“I… don’t know.  I mean, I hate him all the time for his annoying attitude and how he keeps contradicting everything I do but then… I’d be lying if I say that the beautiful result of the combination of our, our debates doesn’t make me… feel happy…” she pauses and my secret smile widens.

 

 

Just a little bit more Bommie, you are almost there. 

 

 

“I honestly feel great whenever I create these successful dishes with him… I guess, it wouldn’t really be interesting at all if he wouldn’t be challenging and contrasting everything I do… it’s just that he really is frustrating and annoying at times,”

 

 

“And what made you kiss the “annoying” chef?” I ask teasingly as she scrunches up her hair with both her hands, shaking her head several times and mumbling incoherently.

 

 

“I don’t know why I did it!  I don’t know! It just happened!  If he hadn’t been so annoying that day it wouldn’t have happened. I hate him!  I hate him so much! I hate him and his y eyes that always distracts me!”

 

 

“His y eyes… hmm that’s quite true.  Are you sure that’s all you hate about him?” I muse as she slaps my arm.

 

 

“You are very helpful. Wow! Thank you!” she wails sarcastically before taking back the bottle from me and drinking.

 

 

“You’re welcome,” I chuckle, grabbing the drink from her as we fall in to silence.

 

 

“I’m done for,” she groans listlessly as I look back at her. She finally straightens up, looking far in to the dark waters.

 

 

“Chaerin-ah… I think I’ve dived in to a pit I swore not to dive in,” she says softly.

 

 

“I did say that all men only look at a woman’s face and body.  I was never even given the time of the day back when I was a nobody and now…,” she laughs sarcastically, running a hand through her hair.

 

 

“But then Seung Hyun isn’t all men,” I say, helping her finish.

 

 

“He isn’t a man. He’s an alien, I kid you not.  He is a goldfish,” she says laughing and this time it’s for real.  I join her before finally saying something I should have said years ago.

 

 

“You actually owe him a dance,” she looks at me a bit confused as I stand up, taking her hand and pulling her up with me. 

 

 

“Remember that Spring Ball back in high school that Dara hypnotized us in to going?” I say as she slowly nods, her face lighting up at the memory.

 

 

“Oh yes, that boring night.  Remember, I sat half the time of the event because I broke my high heeled shoes that time, not that I would be needing them anyway… Well, lonely chubby girl plus high heels, wrong combination,” she reminisces and I shake my head.

 

 

“You just bought the wrong pair.  I can assure you, you weren’t that fat,” I interjected, my hand lifting up in the air to stop her from any of her upcoming protests.

 

 

“So now it is time you finally give this man that chance to finally dance with you.  I believe he’s been waiting for his turn for the past six years,” I smile knowingly, motioning to the person standing a few feet behind her.  She slowly turns around and from that moment I know his y eyes have succeeded yet again in pulling her in.

 

 

I slyly walk off intending to give them their own private time, passing by Seung Hyun and giving him an encouraging okay sign.  I glance back to find him closing the gap as she awkwardly looks away yet as I walk back to our little group I know that some hearts are about to find a home tonight.  

 

 

To say that the night ended perfectly was an understatement.  I guess the karaoke machine Dara was a highlight of the night or rather, the one to blame.  After a few hours of crazy songs drunkenly sung and more bottles of beer and alcohol consumed I surely could not forget how Youngbae danced shirtless on top of some platform facing the ocean, much to Dara’s delight and how dizzy I felt after dancing the butterfly and the dutty wine in nappeun gizibe style with Kiko and Soo Hyuk while singing this masterpiece of a song called Mental Breakdown. 

 

 

I just hope I wouldn’t bump in to that Kang Seung Yoon again like that other day when he looked me in the eye and said 'Come Back Home', wouldn’t want to see him murder Mental Breakdown too.

 

 

By the end of the night, Dara was already sleeping using a Youngbae’s bare stomach as a pillow, both sleeping like babies on the sofa.   Soo Hyuk on the other hand was sleeping down on the floor at the back of the sofa after falling down while singing some 4men ballad, his girlfriend and I had miserably failed to drag him to the sofa cushions after much drunken effort.  Kiko had then passed out near the table, body on the floor and head on the sofa two songs later, while I didn’t even know how I got on top of the table, holding the microphone on one hand and the beer bottle on the other, lying on my side in fetal position.

 

 

All throughout the night I haven’t seen neither Bommie nor the y eyed goldfish, chef Choi.

 

 

Love’s magic never fails.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Green grass, grass and more hectares of grass

 

 

That’s only what my eyes see at the moment.  Reaching to soothe the light throbbing happening up in my head, I watch in a bored manner as my father swings his golf club with enough force to let the golf ball fly pass the man-made lake. So far, I have not bothered to wonder what the score is at by now but basing on the triumphant smile on my appa I’m guessing that he’s taking the lead.

 

 

Fortunately, appa hasn’t pressed on about the topic he had said we must talk about earlier and I have to thank the tons of business issues he and Jingyo had been conversing about ever since they started this really long game.  I could only nod and listen carefully to everything since I’m pretty sure that in a couple of years I would be the one having to deal with these issues.  I am actually happy that uncle Kwon was present today since he was the one whom I talk to whenever appa and Jingyo would be too engrossed in their game to care about anything else.   At first I found it quite weird that oppa and I have both our fathers with us today but then since uncle Kwon and appa are inseparable ever since, all those weird feelings faded quickly.  I guess it just has been a while since we all got together like this.

 

 

“I hope Jiyong isn’t making things too hard for you at the company, Chaerin-ah,” the senior butler says as I shake my head.

 

 

“Nope, not really, uncle.  Office work may not be a piece of cake but I’m slowly adjusting to things.  Jingyo is just doing what he should,” I assure him.

 

 

“Can I ask a small favor from you?” uncle Kwon suddenly says and I nod immediately.

 

 

“Of course, uncle.  Anything,” I say determinedly.

 

 

“It is simply that I am worried about his health and if you could, please make sure that Jiyong is eating on time, just remind him every now and then.  My son has a tendency to focus on one thing and one thing only that he forgets everything else,” he says before giving me a smile.

 

 

“I once remembered how I would get mad every time he forgets to take his vitamins because he gets too absorbed in playing with you when you were small,” he adds happily as I smile at the thought of how dedicated Jingyo was.  There were even times when he’d still continue to bring me to school despite not feeling well.  I'd feel down all through out class when that happens, blaming myself for his sickness but then in the end he'd make up a ridiculous story how some evil germ monster got to him.

 

 

“Don’t worry uncle, I will not only remind him but also drag him out of his office and feed him,” I promised as we both laughed.

 

 

“Oppa has took care of me ever since I was young… this time it’s my turn,” I smile once again as we now walk across the course, taking uncle Kwon’s offered arm.

 

 

“Truthfully, I have always felt that there is nobody better for my son but you,” he tells me as he places his hand warmly on top of mine.

 

 

What a perfect day it is today

 

 

As I have foreseen earlier appa won the match and finally after a dozen or so photos taken from his triumphant win I was happy to finally be able to get a warm cup of tea for my hangover as we all sat by the of the place’s restaurants, overlooking a beautiful view of the vast greenery. 

 

 

“Last night must have been fun,” I hear Jingyo’s voice right next to me as I stop massaging my head and look up.  He wasn’t even looking directly at me but at the magazine given by the restaurant.  The distinct tone he was using seemed to be more of an inquiry, more like a demand for an explanation.  He always sounds this way whenever I did something crazy without his knowledge and the last time he inquired in this manner wasn’t even a good memory to keep.  It was the most serious argument we had 4 years ago back in Paris for my late night partying with none other than the same man whom I was downing drinks with last night. 

 

 

This is… not good, not good at all.

 

 

I glanced towards my appa who was now calmly listening to my omma’s complaints about upcoming her event tomorrow.  She had just arrived an hour ago and hugged Jiyong like her own son once she saw him.  Besides that, those meaningful looks she gave to my appa and uncle Kwon are making me start to think that these three are soon planning something fishy.

 

 

I clear my throat before answering.

 

 

“It was… a simple night out with friends.  We’ve been planning this ever since last week,” I say carefully, getting slightly irritated at the negative thoughts he might be having about last night.

 

 

“The media has reported of you guys going drunk and crazy at a yacht up until the early morning, pictures are blurry and dark but then your friend getting half while dancing and a picture of you and Soo Hyuk holding hands didn’t look anything like a simple get together,”  he says it all with a collected tone as he flips a page over yet I already know that he isn’t happy about it at all.  I completely understand the reputation he wants me to keep as the future CEO of the business empire my grandfather built but then I can’t help but feel hurt that the little fun I had with a couple of friends, friends I haven’t seen for so long at that, looked so wrong.

 

 

“Okay, we did get drunk after dinner, Youngbae did take his shirt off and we all danced and sang to a couple of songs but that’s it.  It’s not like we hired strippers or flashed our s in front of the cameras,” I say in a low tone so my parents wouldn’t hear.  By now I was feeling really offended at his implications.

 

 

“And Soo Hyuk has a girlfriend who by the way, was also there.  I’m sorry if I was crashing your high expectations of me. Sorry if all I wanted was a little bit of relaxation with friends I’ve only seen after a long time.  I’m sorry I got drunk because I’d rather pass out on top of a table than stay up all night alone missing my boyfriend, who actually owes me four years worth of his time and wondering like crazy on why despite all that he isn’t replying to any of my messages,” I say in finality before standing up and excusing myself, wanting to get some fresh air.    

 

 

I step out of the restaurant and let out a shaky breath, my feelings are a jumble of mixed emotions at my sudden outpour of things I’ve held bottled up for the past week.  I rake my hair with my fingers, going through the exchange of words we just made, pondering on whether I was being immature, irrational, tired from the hangover last night or maybe I did make perfect sense and have every right to be mad.  But then in the end, I could feel tears of frustration trying to break its way out.  Fighting with him is actually the last thing on my mind.

 

 

I just want him, him and only him without all the complications.  Is it really that hard?

 

 

I rocked on my heels before pacing a bit, my eyes on the ground as I try to figure out what to do and how to go back in there without letting our parents know that something is wrong when arms capture me in a warm embrace.

 

 

“I’m sorry,”  

 

 

I stay still, his soft spoken yet sincere words still ringing in my ears and before I can even process anything further my hands automatically cling to him, not wanting to let go, yearning to just hold him.

 

 

“I’m sorry too, if there was one person who should understand—”

 

 

“No, you were right.  There are no excuses.  You deserve better and I have to work extra hard to give you that,” he says with his hands on both sides of my face as he looks down at me, making sure that I see just how much he meant every word.

 

 

“I want… need to spend time with you because I might as well go mad missing you,” he leans his head against mine a smile slowly creeps up in my lips, especially when he mumbles,

 

 

“You have no idea how boring the Hong Kong trip was,”

 

 

“Come with me,” he murmurs, his lips inches away from mine.

 

 

“Where?” I breathed out, my hands gripping on to him for support because if not I might just fall from all this, his voice, his gaze, and the words he manages to hypnotize me in to oblivion with.

 

 

Oh my weak legs

 

 

“Anywhere,” he tips his head to the side, his lips lightly brushing mine as I close my eyes and—

 

 

Ehem.

 

 

Ehem.

 

 

Cough

 

 

Every muscle in my body suddenly jolts at the coughs I hear growing in volume from behind us, my hands reacting unconsciously as I push Jingyo away from me.  He staggers a bit in shock before realizing what I just realized.  He straightens up next to me as I awkwardly look towards my coughing appa, omma and uncle Kwon.   They have probably just finished breakfast and must have wondered where we were.  Based on how they look, they probably weren’t expecting to see us in this kind of situation either.

 

 

“I should go tell the driver to come here,” uncle Kwon says hurriedly before walking off uncertainly.

 

 

“I’ll… go call my friend,” my omma says, fumbling for her phone in her bag before going back inside the restaurant leaving my father who looked caught in between giving us lectures on how this in not Paris where we could display our affections publicly or locking us up in a room.  It was only until my omma came back outside and grabbed his arm.

 

 

“You forgot to tip the restaurant employees,” she says before dragging my reluctant appa inside. 

 

 

I smile, shaking my head in disbelief on just how every time we come in contact like this we always end in the same situation.  Suddenly remembering what I just did earlier I immediately turn to oppa once my parents disappear inside.

 

 

“Are you okay?” I ask, checking his shoulders.   When he does not answer I look up at him and notice his smiling eyes.

 

 

“What?” I laughingly ask as his face breaks in to a smile.

 

 

“Nothing, I’m just wondering when I could finally get you alone,” he sighs before placing a kiss on top of my head creating light fuzzy feelings all over me.  I then wrap my arms around his waist, leaning my head on his shoulder.

 

 

“Soon,” I answer, feeling his arms around me again and before I could remind him that any moment now my appa can come barging out again his lips press near my ear.

 

 

“You’re not doing anything for the rest of the day,” he whispers as a light frown creases on my forehead as I look back at him.

 

 

“Is that a question or—,”

 

 

“It’s not.  What I meant is, anything you have planned today is cancelled because you are spending the rest of the day with your favorite knight,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Butler’s Note

 

Things to do today:

 

  • Take girlfriend to teddy bear café
  • Go to the movies with her
  • Shop and buy her y lingerie everything she likes
  • Let her drag me everywhere she wants to go
  • Stroll in the park where I can hold her hand and buy her favorite ice-cream
  • Always hug her
  • Cuddle and be like this forever
  • Steal tons of kisses in between
  • Kiss and never let go
  • More kisses
  • Always be on the look-out for annoying paparazzi and other men eyeing her ASSets. Mine. Mine. Mine.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Visit her place tonight… or take her to mine?
  • Stay and never leave.

 

 

Jingyo

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A.N.:

 

So, how well is Jiyong as a boyfriend?  He's working on being Chae-roo's sweet knight Jingyo outside work right now... maybe if he keeps this up he  might just put a check mark on all the crossed out items ( especially the last one ).  While Skydragon is busy hopping around flowers, TOPBOM is busy swimming in unchartered seas.  Darayang got some eye candy out of YB's god given abs and hello there Soo Hyuk and Kiko Mizuhara pairing.  That's a first, I'm sure.

 

 

Why Kiko? I was wondering who else can compete with Soo Hyuk's modelling charisma and deserve to be seen next to him without being overshadowed and since i couldn't think of any other female idol ( other than CL ) who can, i had to look pass Korea and remembered a Japanese model who happens to be good friends with our Chaerin.  She's not that beautiful like Korean standard beautiful but like Chaerin she has that appeal and uniqueness in her, perfect match to Soo Hyuk ( well that's just my opinion )  Don't understand why some GD fans really really hate her, calling her stuff in instagram and twitter like she disgraced the muslims or something.  That was just too much.  Spread love not hate.  

 

And since love is in the air right now ( except for a broken-hearted GD in real life and I'm so sorry but my story has a fixed plot and will not follow whatever is happening in real life. REALLY SORRY IF I WILL NOT MAKE SOME OF THE READER'S REQUEST HAPPEN ) for SUIT & TIE, care to share some love down below that little comment box?

 

 

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO COMMENTED, SUBSCRIBED, UPVOTED AND STALKED S&T.

 

Have a happy Monday, pretty people.

 

Love,

Jia