Do You Mind

Suit & Tie

Chapter 22

 

Part 1

 

Do You Mind

Do you mind if I take you home tonight,
stay another day,
if that's okay,
tell me baby,
would you mind if I take you home with me,
where no one can see,
so don't be shy

Night, night, night, the whole night


-The XX
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Chae-roo,” a soothing voice whispers in my ear as I remain motionless, my consciousness drifting back in to the comfort of sleep.

 

 

“Chae-roo, wake up,” this time I stir a bit, clinging tightly to the warmth next to me, a smooth expanse of skin against my own.

 

 

“…5 minutes,” I drowsily mumble, my eyes remaining closed yet soft gentle kisses on my head and cheek kept me conscious.

 

 

“It’s already seven.  We have to get up,” the gentle voice kept going on before I felt another soft kiss on the side of my head.

 

 

“I don’t want to go… work,” I mumble lazily, wanting nothing but to feel the warmth coming from the arms enveloping me.

 

 

“You have to,”

 

 

“…why?” I whined softly before being showered with a wave of gentle kisses as I feel a shift, my bed creaking softly, my back already flat on the bed.  This produces a very relaxing feeling on my part as I slowly drift away to sleep only to be yanked back to the real world.

 

 

“Because I’ll fire you if you don’t,” and with that the gentle voice disappears so did the warm kisses.  What remained was a familiar deep commanding tone which I dreaded hearing last week.  My eyes immediately open, although it took a few moments for me to adjust to the bright sunshine emitting from behind my curtains. 

 

 

However, what greets me is a pair of charismatic eyes, a y smirk that made my tummy feel like goo and yes, a shirtless Jingyo.

 

 

“Give me back my boyfriend,” I grumbled sleepily as he smiles and plants a kiss on my lips to stop my incoming complaints, his body big enough to cover mine underneath.  He was careful not to crush me though as his arms flank at both my sides to support his weight.

 

 

“Morning,” he greets me sweetly, gazing at me like nothing exists anymore that I felt my cheeks heat up at the fresh memories of last night.  All these twisted sheets around us, clothes messily thrown to the floor along with two of my teddy bears and Jingyo’s y bed hair were all what remained.

 

 

“Much better,” I sigh contentedly before circling my arms around his neck, bringing him down so I could hug him.  I smile like crazy as he whispers of love before giving him a soft kiss on his cheek.

 

 

“Morning, Jingyo,”

 

 

Mondays .

 

 

That’s probably what I would have said given any ordinary Monday but then as I glance at Jingyo maneuvering around my kitchen wearing nothing but his black boxers as he intensely gives his focus on creating a delicious breakfast for the both of us… yes, Mondays are now my favorite.

 

 

I turn my gaze back to my own work as I dump in the beef for my special fried rice.  I guess I wasn’t the only one secretly ogling as my peripheral catches him whisking eggs while staring at my bare legs exposed only up to my thighs with his jacket covering the upper-half of my body.  I then turn my head towards him but then he shamelessly continues on like he was watching his favorite soccer team compete in the finals.

 

 

His piercing gaze slowly travels upward and as soon as he settles on my own narrowed gaze he lets out a deep breath, probably something he held on for a couple of seconds, before suddenly stopping from all the whisking he was doing and dropping everything to walk towards me, place his hand on both sides of my face and kiss me senseless.

 

 

“Oppa… we’re going to be late,” I remind him as his lips trail down to my neck, using his body to push me against the counter. 

 

 

“It’s already 7:20 and we still have lots to do,” I try one more time yet all I get is hum and more kisses.

 

 

“Not going,” he finally mumbles against my skin as I hear the ping of the jacket I was wearing, feeling it open halfway.  I bite back a moan.

 

 

Oh lord, please give me the will to control myself

 

 

“We, YOU have to go,” he gives another hum which probably meant ‘why’ as a sly smile forms on my lips.

 

 

“Because my father will fire you if you don’t,” I say in a matter-of-fact tone.  That was enough to make him pause, his audible ‘’ making me let out a light laugh. 

 

 

“Give me back my girlfriend,” he grumbles and I don’t have to see his face to know that he is already scowling at my attempt to cut the fun.  I push him a bit yet he doesn’t budge.  Instead, his arms tighten around me, pulling me even closer.   

 

 

“Oh so you aren’t scared of appa?” I ask teasingly, his lips brushing on the exposed skin of my shoulder.

 

 

“Not really,” he murmurs and I contemplate a bit on it.  He has probably passed whatever hurdle my father had given him, the worst being our 4 years of forced separation.  His position and achievements has already earned him every social right to be married to a Lee, even though I really don’t care about all those stupid social statuses.

 

 

“What am I going to threaten you with now?” I ask.  “The groping stylist?”

 

 

He lightly chuckles at that but then gives a confident ‘no’.  Somehow, this gets me perplexed to find that there was nothing he was really afraid of.  In my whole life, Jingyo had always been so strong and brave, unlike me who is so vulnerable to so many things.  He never really had a distinct fear that I could remember.  He did have small fears like heights and tarantulas but it wasn’t so big to threaten him with.  He’d just swallow whatever fear it is he was tasked to face and go fight through it.

 

 

“What are you afraid of then?” I curiously ask, hoping he’d tell me.

 

 

“You,” he answers and I immediately think of it as a joke.

 

 

“Me? Yeah right, I’m a secret mutant that can grow another head when you aren’t looking,” I poke at his sides but then not a single laughter escapes from him.

 

 

“Losing you.  That’s what I’m afraid of,” he suddenly says, his lips now near my ear, making sure I hear every word.   My whole body stills and I could only hear the pounding of my heart, both our hearts.  I pull away a bit, looking up at his face and I suddenly remember bits and pieces of memories from the time when I was seven where I got lost in the garden. 

 

 

I remember how his face looked like in that moment and how pale he seemed before he carried me, his arms securely wrapping around me, never letting go.  Then that painful memory of our first fight in France, that time when I failed to notice how scared his eyes projected as he masked it away with anger when I returned back to the hotel past midnight, and even before that, how frantic his voice was over the phone when he left a hundred voice messages while scouring Paris to look for me.

 

 

Now I know

 

 

How much I really mean to him all this time

 

 

I lean forward, a smile on my lips as I cup both his cheeks and kiss him lightly and before he could pull away my arm hooks around his neck drive our kiss deeper, letting him respond to the strong pull of attraction I am initiating.  I didn’t think any words would be enough to carry out my feelings for him.

 

 

“You know, you’re right we’re going to be late. Seriously,” he mumbles against my lips but I silence him again, switching out positions as I push him against the counter, my hands all over his hair while I continue pursuing his lips with mine, something I learn, he finds so hard to resist.   Four years apart has its own charm after all.

 

 

“You’re going to be fired…” he continues yet the tone of his voice doesn’t sound like he really wanted both of us to stop.

 

 

“I’m going to be fired…” my hands now slide down to his arms.

 

 

“We’re going to be fired, banished from all eternity… by your father…” I feel for his chest, my lips now tracing his well-defined jaw line.

 

 

“I’ll be shipped to the North Pole…” I trail down his neck, my hands now feeling at his sides, then his abdomen.

 

 

“You’d be on the South Po—” he almost chokes on his words as my fingers brush down till I feel the waist band of his boxers. 

 

 

However, things suddenly cut short when his hands suddenly hold my both my arms, pushing me away and keeping me at arm’s length from him.

 

 

“GOD, CHAERIN! WE REALLY NEED TO GO TO WORK BEFORE…,” he trails off and I could notice how labored his breaths are with the way his chest heaves up and down as he looks at me like I burn.

 

 

“…before we get late,” he finishes in a softer tone although with difficulty while I stay still, my eyes trying to bore holes right through him and that y tattoo near his chest which I only found out about last night.  I probably look like a hungry person skimming through the mouth-watering menu in front of me.

 

 

“Oppa…” I begin while his eyes show just how conflicted he is right now. 

 

 

“That’s why WE need to take a shower first so we won’t get late,” I simply say before gazing back at him innocently, his arms still keeping me apart from him or most probably from his ‘South Pole’. 

 

 

Point to Lee Chaerin

 

 

I was about to open my mouth and speak again about the consequences of being late yet everything spins around me as I find myself being carried up on his shoulder.   I let out a yelp followed by a giggle.  I hear the stove switching off in a flash and find myself being taken in crazy speed to the bathroom.  The door opens and closes behind us, shutting us out from the outside world and into a world of our own along with all my laughter.

 

 

Indeed, managing time wisely is every butler’s expertise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Somebody woke up late today,” Jinu oppa teases from behind me as I sit on my table, fumbling around to fix my stuff and… myself.  My fingers work its way to my slightly damp hair, combing the little knots and tangles I missed out before I feel for my face.  It feels bare without the usual amount of make-up I apply since I—we were in such a hurry that I didn’t have time to make sure I went out in my fashionable self. 

 

 

Speaking of ‘we’, the doors open as my Jingyo enters in his gray overcoat, swaying lightly with his every movement, his face forming the same serious look he was famously known for.  I had to look away and avoid smiling as I see how his damp hair stuck out in different directions, the messy look as I called it when I ran my hands all around it, kissing him in the car earlier.  It was so hard to style it with his usual clean professional look especially when we know that one more minute spent trying to comb it back in place would mean tardiness in our records.

 

 

Thus, the messy look hair-styled by yours truly

 

 

It must have been something new to see in the office as employees walking around either stopped and gapped at him or did double takes.  However, he only gave them all a cold look before entering his office in a classy manner just like the boss he is.  He didn’t even spare my corner a look and I was thankful for that because if he did we might end up at the local news in an instant with the obviousness.

 

 

“Did you see that? Hair still damp, newly styled and arriving just a few seconds before work time, I just don’t know if that’s supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing.  Never seen him like this before.  Oh god, we might all be heading to hell later!” Jinu oppa whispers towards me while I can only nod.

 

 

“What do you think?” he asks me as I stare at his office.

 

 

“I think… it’s a good thing,” I answer after a few moments, biting back a smile.

 

 

“Definitely a good thing,”

 

 

“Really?  He looks at me curiously as I resume on fumbling around my bag for my make-up.

 

 

“Yeah,” I look up at him and pat his shoulder.

 

 

“Trust me, oppa.  Everything will be flowing smoothly today,” I assure him before picking up my vanity purse and head off to the bathroom.  After all, we still have a project to present this afternoon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hello? Earth to both of you,”  Dara’s voice slices through whatever galaxy Bom and I are in right now.  Earlier, we started downing strawberry milk while talking about our old times back in high school.  After the third glass of milk, we are giggling uncontrollably and that’s when Dara walks in, armed with an handful of pink and green folders. 

 

 

More giggles follow Dara’s attempts to bring our sanity back and then another glass of strawberry milk gone empty.  

 

 

“Where is all this happiness coming from?” Dara asks, clamping her fingers around Bom’s glass to take a drink herself.

 

 

“I don’t know,” Bom tries to say in between our uncontrollable laughter.   We both paused for a while before looking at each other and bursting in to laughter by the next second.

 

 

“You guys are hopeless… and definitely in love,” Dara mutters with a sly smile before raising her hand up casually to the waiter who immediately rushes to take her order just as they were all trained here in Belgatto.

 

 

“Yah! You should have seen yourself when you and Bae got together and even now.  I had suffered all that gooey lovey dovey stuff alone,” Bom grumbles as I look at her sympathetically.

 

 

“Sorry I wasn’t around to help you escape from all that,” I whispered audibly.

 

 

“Oh great now they have decided to gang up on me!  These children…aigoo!” Dara throws her hands up in the air as we burst in to laughter until the waiters came to give our desserts and Dara’s main dish.  Bom and I each get the same chocolate cake yet I noticed hers had a small rose placed at the side.  Even the design of the icing was a little different, hers was more elaborate than mine that both Dara and I reacted to it teasingly.

 

 

“What is this extra special treatment I see?” I nudged her, narrowing my eyes at the red rose lying at the side before looking at the area near the kitchen where I spot a handsome chef checking on what seems to be a menu list when in truth his eyes were giving side-glances to the blushing female next to me.  I narrow my eyes at him which he notices as he suddenly orders people around in an awkward manner and hastily returns inside the kitchen.

 

 

“Ah looks like it’s beginning to be an early Valentines at the Belgatto kitchen,” I mused, nodding my head at Dara who traces out hearts all around us.

 

 

“Stop it!” Bom pleads, holding Dara’s wrists in attempt to stop the imaginary hearts from forming.  But then as usual a counter attack from our Bommie would be expected.

 

 

“Fine then, but I don’t think Belgatto is the only one spending an early Valentines treat.  I heard someone cannot be bothered since yesterday due to unforeseen romantic events, some sort of super secret date~” she eyes me slyly and I almost choke on my chocolate while Dara’s eyes widen, her gaze shifting to me.

 

 

“Ohh why haven’t I heard of this?!” she hisses my way as I remain at a loss for words. I had no idea how Bom even knew of my romantic weekend since it was well… a secret.

 

 

“I can’t believe you haven’t!” Bom throws back at her before releasing the BOMb.

 

 

“Don’t you even monitor things at your OWN building,”

 

 

“Uhm… which building are we talking about cause’ we uhm own about a hundred… or more,” she points out sarcastically.

 

 

“Well, maybe you can check the parking security of Fallway then.  I’m sure you’d spot an unfamiliar black Audi our dear Chae-roo hopped in to yesterday,” Bom explains as I look at her alarmingly.  My face filled with questions and I guess I didn’t really have to say it out aloud.

 

 

“I park three of my cars there, remember? Basement 2,” she answers my questioning look before taking a bite out of her chocolate cake, a triumphant smile on her lips. 

 

 

“And it just so happened that I needed to drive one out of those three cars that day to meet with one of our suppliers,” I gulped as soon as I realized that both Jingyo and I are busted. 

 

 

Why haven’t I remembered that important fact anyway?  I should have told oppa to strategically place his car far away from Bom’s parking space or at least disguised myself as a valet.

 

 

I’m so dead.

 

 

I look at my two best friends, eyes wide and expecting me to finally spill the beans.  I don’t really keep secrets from them whatever has happened between me and Jingyo since I was as small as my omma’s precious jar which she acquired from Morocco.


 

“What?” I ask, deciding to put up the innocent card.

 

 

“What do you mean what? Details Chaerin-ah, we need details!” Dara excitedly says while Bom shifts even closer to me, not wanting to mishear anything.

 

 

“Well, we went out… like what normal couples do… we ate at some nice place, walked around, spent the afternoon together and had fun.  That’s it,” I simply say as I feel their heated gaze burn at me.   

 

 

The silence stretches as I give them both another ‘what?’ look, grabbing my fork to eat and hoping that we could all move on from this topic when a shattering statement flips my world.

 

 

“They definitely had last night,” Bom suddenly blurts out before getting back to eating her cake followed by Dara’s loud laughter while I choke and die on my chocolate.

 

 

“That’s what the fun part is supposed to mean, right?” Bom asks in a matter of fact tone, her lips which were hanging open slowly breaking into a smile and I could already tell that Dara is going to have gas pains from laughing too much while I am going to be rushed to the emergency room any moment now as I fall back in to the cushions, scrunching my hair in an attempt to get a hold of my sanity.

 

 

“BOMMIE!!!”

 

 

“What did you mean about fun then?”

 

 

“B-BUT—I-I—,”

 

 

“So, how good was it?”

 

 

How beautiful is this life?  How painful is this life?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I let out a heavy breath before dropping the pen I used to sign a couple of papers.  The amount of work has doubled especially now that we are close to presenting the new project for the company.  It’s past twelve now as I checked my watch and immediately wondered if my Chae-roo has already had her lunch.  She had messaged me earlier about going out together but since I knew we have to keep a really low profile about our relationship I replied a sad ‘I’m sorry.  I want to but it’s too risky’ however, no words were even enough to measure the heaviness I felt when I hit the ‘send’ button. 

 

 

I really want to see her right now, touch her, share complaints about work or simply talk to her.

 

 

God, what I would give to be able to do that right now but it isn’t only my career that’s at stake here but also her future as well.   Our relationship would strike my evaluations on her performance as biased and clouded even if she deserves a sparkling recommendation.

 

 

It’s only been a few hours but… I can’t stop thinking of her and that precious memory of spending the whole night at her place isn’t helping at all. 

 

 

I think I need a cold shower now.

 

 

Oh .  I think I made it worse.

 

 

Damn that shower memory

 

 

Focus on work

 

 

Focus

 

 

Focus

 

 

Chaerin

 

 

Chaerin

 

 

Chaerin

 

 

“Chaerin,” I whisper in the air, both my hands carrying the weight of my head as I convince myself that this obstacle will soon pass. 

 

 

I know that in the end I can finally tell the world that she is mine.  I just have to wait.

 

 

I’ve waited for years

 

 

I’ve always waited

 

 

For her, I will

 

 

Deciding that working is useless when thoughts of her cross my mind, I get up to stretch my legs a bit, slowly walking near the window of my office to simply stare outside the sunny city view.  I could see the entrance to the Lee Group’s building and all the employees walking around, probably coming back from their lunch break. 

 

 

Sighing, I decided to return back to my table and just push myself back to work when my eyes catch that familiar brown leather coat covering the white blouse underneath and that detestable black pencil skirt that accentuated her curves from behind.  I scowled as I saw her wearing it this morning, already imagining how every men would be throwing sly erted looks at my girl like what those two idiots walking behind her are doing right now.  I know it’s hard to tell from this angle but I’m pretty sure they did.   She just came out from a taxi and is now heading towards the entrance with a black paper bag hanging in one arm.  Every step she makes is oozing from confidence. 

 

 

Yes, that’s my girl.

 

 

Ah, her soft shiny hair makes me want to run my fingers through those strawberry scented locks.

 

 

She pauses for a second as a small group of three greets her.  I recognize them as my department’s employees.  I watch her smile and chat with them happily.  This gives me relief, I was always worried on how she’d adapt inside the company, her company.

 

 

I bet her eyes turned into lovely little crescents when she smiled

 

 

I watch her slow down her pace, walking with them whilst getting into a comfortable conversation, probably about either work or lunch.  Finally, I could finally be able to see her even from afar.  Maybe later I should call her to my office, order her to sit on my chair, type something on my computer and I’ll lock her inside my arms where she—

 

 

No

 

 

My gaze darkens when an annoying flea—I mean, person stops her from her tracks.  I could almost growl and hurdle boulders at that irritating ape—I mean, person for showing up in front of my Chae-roo.  Even his name makes my mouth taste bile.

 

 

Park Sung Woo

 

 

I’ve actually heard about him before as a respectable person in the Human Resource department, a rich socialite, good-looking and as expected, arrogant but it wasn’t until I heard of a little incident happening in Italy that I had started keeping a very watchful eye on him.   Being known for dating celebrities and models which garnered him fame, I found out through the local media that he has decided to adamantly pursue a lovely young woman he instantly became smitten with at a fashion event.  This particular young woman is said by the media to have come from a very elite background, an heiress of the largest business empire in Asia, she was described as beautiful and smart, even setting fashion trends every time she appears at a big event.  This woman was none other than the elusive…

 

 

Lee Chaerin

 

 

My Chaerin

 

 

So imagine the anger I felt when I heard local entertainment websites calling them a power couple that is if Park Sung Woo succeeds in wooing her.  Some have even been calling it a perfect match.  They both have stellar social statuses, both attractive and both being very business-minded.  And since Sung Woo is already working at Lee Group, a candidate for a top position in the future, the Lee Empire is foreseen to fall in to good hands once marriage is involved.

 

 

Marriage my

 

 

I wasted no time as I dashed out of my office and scared all of my employees with the way I was furiously eyeing the elevator.   When the door finally opened on me I stepped inside and almost punched in the button for the ground floor.  Obviously nobody was brave enough to be cramped up in the small space with their fuming boss which is a relief.  I don’t want to prolong my agony having to stop at several floors.

 

 

I finally reached the ground floor after a number of deadly glares, fixed my tie and confidently walked towards that nasty gorilla—I mean… gorilla.  He has a huge boquet of roses on one hand as he tries to empress my future wife.

 

 

My steps slow down as I near them, already hearing Sung Woo trying to invite my Chae-roo to her mother’s event later this evening.  I’m guessing that the huge white paper bag his assistant is holding contains a dress specially made for her, something that would probably match his suit later.

 

 

She already has a dress and it matches with MY suit

 

 

“I already had this hand-made for you. I know it’s something you’d like.  There are beautiful Swarovski crystals in it that I’m sure you’d be the center of attention tonight, even more so when I walk by your side.  I’ll pick you up by—,”

 

 

“Sung Woo… I’m sorry but I can’t—,”

 

 

“Please Chaerin, no need to be shy.  The media already knows that I like you.  What’s wrong for us to be seen in public?  How about this then, as your boss I’m ordering you be with me at the event as my muse, you can’t say no to an order, right?” he takes her hand and I almost wanted to give him a roundhouse kick on the face, grab my girl and marry her in front of him.   By the looks she was giving, I could also tell that Chaerin was already holding back from kicking him at the groin. 

 

 

Well, I was the one who taught her how.  It honestly would make me proud to see his face contort in pain.

 

 

So, I guess it’s time to cut this crap and save my Chae-roo

 

 

“It’s not happening, that’s what she’s trying to tell you,” I calmly say and I could see his jaw visibly tightening at my presence.

 

 

“Director Kwon, interesting to see you outside your office at the last minutes of lunch break,” he says, acknowledging me.

 

 

“It’s… interesting to see you too Director Park, and yes I do walk out of my office to get some fresh air once in awhile,” I reply, my gaze sweeping at Chaerin and her look of surprise and relief.  My eyes then shifts to the black paper bag labeled ‘Belgatto’ she is holding and my brain instantly works to come up with an idea.

 

 

“I also ask employees to order my lunch such as today.  I do hope she got it right this time,” I say in my best commanding tone, my eyes lifting up to meet hers, praying she’d get what I’m trying to play at.

 

 

“Y-Yes sir.  I’m sorry it took so long.  The chefs made sure to make yours… extra special,” she says before handing me the black paper bag which was surprising a bit heavier than I expected.   I took a quick look inside and to my surprise there really was take-out food in it. 

 

 

Has she not eaten lunch yet?  But it’s almost one in the afternoon. 

 

 

I’ve always reminded her back then that she should be eating on time. 

 

 

“That’s all very nice to know, Director Kwon but what I’m actually more concerned right now is your first statement, something along the lines of ‘It’s not happening’,” Sung Woo says, not even hiding his annoyance at my unexpected intrusion.

 

 

“It certainly is not.  My apologies but it seems that you haven’t been informed that my lovely employee over here has already picked someone else to accompany her in Mrs. Lee’s event,”

 

 

“What is Mr. Kwon talking about?” he asks Chaerin, his face slowly contorting in to disbelief.

 

 

“Outside this building she remains to be the daughter of the owner of this company and is entitled to do whatever she likes… to be with whoever she likes,” my eyes meet hers meaningfully once again and it stayed that way for some time. 

 

 

“It just so happens that we are outside the company and working hours won’t be continuing for another five minutes,” I see a sudden spark in her eyes as I’ve just given her enough leverage to dump this buffoon.  We weren’t exactly her bosses as of this second and that makes her untouchable. 

 

 

I could sense her confidence regaining at this second and soon, she isn’t just the employee assigned under my department but the infamous socialite, Lee Chaerin.  I admit missing this side of hers so I had to struggle in order to hide my delight at the thought of it.   After all, nobody knows that we had been together since she was born.   Keeping it all in, her sudden words helped kept my cool in check.

 

 

“What he means is, I’m sorry Sung Woo, but I can’t come with you.  I’ve already chosen someone else.  And like I’ve said a thousand times before, you should stop doing this.  I’m not interested.  Besides, you know that I already have boyfriend and he is very much real.  He’s heard about you and all that you are trying to do and he is not pleased with it.  I suggest you stop before things get messy,” I watch with amusement and pride as Sung Woo’s lips opens and closes, his eyes looking at her in surprise with the sudden shift of her character.  By the way things were going I would have clapped and yelled out ‘that’s my girl!’ if only we weren’t at the office.

 

 

“Chaerin… d-did you just threaten—,” Sung Woo starts but she is quick to respond, stance proud and tall, and head held high.

 

 

“Threaten you? No, I’m just stating the truth.   My parents greatly favor him and just to let you know, he’s knowledgeable in mixed martial arts, if you want me to elaborate about the ‘messy’ part coming your way,”

 

 

Then, just when I was planning to confess my love for her all over again, her intimidating yet beautiful feline eyes look at me, her gaze always softening when it comes to me.

 

 

“Kwon Jiyong-ssi, meet you at seven?” she says in a clear voice as we both head back to the office side by side, leaving a baffled and humiliated Sung Woo behind.

 

 

“Of course, I’ll pick you up,” I replied shortly, feeling a tinge of regret at not being able to see Sung Woo’s look of defeat.

 

 

We reached the elevator in less than a minute, letting her enter first as I hold the doors.  There were still no other words exchanged between us as of the moment and it was only until we were alone inside the elevator that she let out a sigh of relief.

 

 

“So, your boyfriend knows mixed martial arts?” I blurted out, my gaze up on the changing floor numbers above while trying to keep a straight face.

 

 

“It’s true, he’s a very good fighter but then he never uses it to bully people rather he uses what he knows to protect the people he cares about.  That’s one of the things I love about him,” I hear her say sincerely and I don’t have to look at her to know that she is smiling.

 

 

“He seems like a good man.  I bet he’d be a bit mad at you right now,”

 

 

She whips her head at my direction as I slowly turned to meet her confused look.

 

 

“Why would he?” she asks which to me sounded more like a demand.  In turn, I lift up the Belgatto paper bag she was holding a while ago, watching as her eyes travel down at it.

 

 

“Because you don’t eat lunch on time when I did remember seeing you walk out for lunch early,” I point out before giving out a heavy sigh.  I don’t want her to get sick.  I might not be able to take of her when that happens.  I’ll be worrying here at the office, buried in a huge pile of paper work and sitting down to very long meetings.  The effects would be disastrous especially on my part.  Besides, prevention is better than cure.

 

 

She should look guilty yet the response she gives me is a ‘seriously?’ look. 

 

 

“If this about slimming down then I beg you to stop.  I don’t think you should starve yourself to death out of vanity.  You already a have a really good figure, curves in all the right places which I absolutely love.  I should know.  Out of all the people you are close to, especially after last night I definitely have the right to tell you this, your body is already perf—,”

 

 

Her hand clamps over my lips as I hear the elevator’s bell going off signifying that people are going to enter.  In seconds the doors open as she quickly retracts her hand, seemingly flustered at both what I was saying and hiding whatever was going on between us from the people entering.   As soon as they recognize me and my Chaerin they bow in greeting as we do the same.

 

 

We stand beside each other close yet not as close as I wanted.  We’re strangers again I suppose.  I wish I could pull her to my side and let them know

 

 

Patience, Jiyong, patience

 

 

 

We soon reach our floor as I hand her the paper bag with a stern look in my face which meant ‘Eat. Now’ before I head back in my office.  However just as I was planning to settle on my chair I hear my door open and close, the soft sound of the lock clicking didn’t escape my ears either.  A bit surprised, I turn around to find…

 

 

“Chaerin?”

 

 

Still carrying that Belgatto paper bag, she takes quick confident strides towards me that I had to back up a little and as soon I start to open my mouth to speak she suddenly latches her hand on my necktie, pulling it towards her so my head follows and before I knew it her lips crash against mine.  Waves of pleasure and happiness fill me up but before I could move my lips to deepen the kiss she pushes me back down to my chair.  I look up at her in confusion yet she only dumps the paper bag on my lap before crossing her arms across her chest.

 

 

“How dare you lecture me about skipping meals when here you are cooped in this office with nothing in your stomach.  Your father has been worried about.  Uncle has asked me to watch over you with regards to your health and he was right about his assumptions,” she begins and before I could even think of opening my mouth she cuts me off.

 

 

“I walked out for lunch early because I know that your favorite dish would take so long to cook and yes, I specifically ordered the chefs to make it extra special,” she inhales deeply before leaning down a bit towards me that I could slightly smell her sweet perfume.  That made me want to place my lips at the crook of her neck but then I don’t think that’s going to happen right now.

 

 

 “Listen Kwon, about what you said earlier, I already ate and I gobbled up whatever I liked 0n the menu,”

 

 

Kwon? That’s new.

 

 

“AND I’d. Rather. Get. Fat. Than. Starve. To. Death.   So, if you would still like to see these curves you love so much then eat your lunch… ALL OF IT,” she says in a tone that meant serious business, leaving my parted lips speechless and my mind blank.  And just like that she walks out of my office with her head held up high like nothing ever happened.

 

 

It took me half a minute to process everything, my eyes traveling down the paper bag to see a nicely packed lunch, the contents enough to make my stomach suddenly grumble.  With that, a small smirk appears on my lips as I gaze at the direction of the door where my girl must be working at the opposite side.

 

 

Feisty.  I love that.

 

 

The dragon can’t wait to get his hands on those curves.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Butler’s note

 

Reasons why Kwon loves Lee:

 

#1886

I love all of her sides, good or bad.   I accept both because it makes up who she is as a person.  I love her simply because she is who she is.  No pretensions, no charades or disguises just one hundred percent Lee Chaerin.

 

#1887

 She unconsciously has ways to make me fall in love with her every single day and I know I must put some huge effort to let her know that.

 

#1888

Kwon loves to do y time with Lee.  She got that body. I got that body. You and me let's make...   She will always be perfect in my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*unedited version

 

*I should have updated yesterday!! but I had a hospital appointment in the morning, went with my sister to her college (which is a 2 hour ride by car), waited for her for 4 hours, and walked my dog at night (my dog is a Husky btw and for those who know the breed you know that walk the dog means run the dog for hours).  I've already been late for how many Mondays already & I just thought that if I wait till next monday then...y'all probably have become the crazier version of the walking dead

 

so, I present to you, served hot and with love, Chapter 22 - part 1.  Enjoy, my loves.


 

*So tell me what are your erted thoughts? Jingyo or Chae-roo?  Hate me from suddenly disappearing? Thinking of creating more ''where are youuuuuuu?'' messages/wall posts for me on Twitter/AFF? I'd accept them all anyway :)))
 

 

#RIGHTBESIDEYOU박봄 

 

*THANK YOU TO ALL SILENT READERS, SUBSCRIBERS, COMMENTS, UPVOTES, STALKERS AND ALL YOU CRAZY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE READING THIS.

 

 

Have a happy Monday! (forever Monday, Monday everyday)

-Jia