See You On Friday

Suit & Tie

Chapter 14

 

See You On Friday

 

It feels like something’s
come over me
What is this girl?
I can’t help but love her
Let’s meet this
coming Friday
Take all of my heart
on that day

Closer, closer, come closer

 

-IU feat Jang Yi Jeong; Modern Times

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You can always come home here, my strawberry granddaughter,” haraboji says while hugging me tight.  I could see his eyes getting watery that I had to assure him so many times that I would come by often and even call.

 

 

“Aigoo, let Chaerin-ah go already she has classes tomorrow,” halmoni says, pulling haraboji away from me before giving me a bag filled with strawberries.  My eyes widened in surprise as I look inside the bag.

 

 

“Halmoni, you didn’t have to give me this many strawberries,” I smile as she insists that I take it to give some to my parents.  She then gives me a warm hug which I gladly accepted.  Even Hee-roo gets a hug.  My little kitten is not so little anymore.  I’m starting to worry that he may now be overweight during her stay here.   I couldn’t blame him though Halmoni’s delicious cooking beats any high class restaurant I have ever been in.

 

 

“Take care of yourself and do well in school, okay?” she tells me in her usual motherly tone as I nod, promising her that I’d do well and eat on time.

 

 

I went on hugging the rest of the family, Jingyo’s uncles, aunties and cousins.  Aunty Shi Yeon was there as well to remind me to come visit on the next harvest and help her gather the ripe strawberries. Finally, I faced Minji who I hugged the tightest and the longest.  She whispers something in my ear and her puzzling words remain in my head even as I board the bus where Dara and Bom where already comfortably seated.  The truth is we’ve all said our goodbyes together yet by the time they’ve finished exchanging numbers with Minji I was still in Haraboji’s tight embrace.  I could even see the poor old man wiping his tears as the bus starts to travel off to the train station.  Thus, my vow to return during this year’s winter holidays, and probably the holiday after that, and the next holiday after that...

 

 

The bus drives further away, passing through wide fields and the peaceful scenery which we didn’t really get to enjoy when we first came here.  Time flies so fast and it’s true, it only felt like yesterday when we were screaming and shrieking because of that monster bug.    Nevertheless, I loved it here.   The warm and kind simple people who I now consider my second family, yes this is my second home.  No wonder appa loved it here, so much that he let my rash decision to come here pass and even convinced my omma that everything was going to be fine.  If I went somewhere else the national police would be sure to locate me, put me in a box and deliver me back home safely... and handled with care.

 

 

I could feel a sudden shift next to me as Jingyo who sat beside me gave me a bottle of water I asked earlier.   I smiled as a thank you and took a quick long sip when the bus slows down.  Soon enough my mind drifts into deep thoughts, thoughts that include the newly hanged framed photograph in the Kwon residence, rivalling even the size of my appa and uncle Kwon’s photo.  My smile appears once more at the thought of how that photo was taken and that’s when Minji’s whispered words come back to me.

 

 

 “Unnie, follow your heart.  It may be wrong before but this time... I think it’s saying something right,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s about time.

 

 

The pilot’s voice fills up the whole plane, thanking us for choosing their airlines and wishing us a happy stay in Singapore.   I stretched around, un-reclining my seat which I have slept on a couple of hours ago.  It’s not even a night flight yet my energy had instantly zapped as soon as I sat down on of these soft first class seats.   The reason was because of that boring company party my appa had forced me to go to.   Apparently, being eighteen required me to slowly learn more about the people I will be working with in the future which means, no more excuses and no more escaping. 

 

 

So, now here we are, Singapore.  It took me a day of convincing my parents why I should go there.  I made sure that my excuse of “checking the status of our company businesses” was believable enough that my appa relented quickly at the thought of me taking my future seriously by making myself familiar with the corporate environment.  I know lying is bad and if my haraboji were still alive he’d tell me that lying is forbidden and all.  

 

 

I’m sorry, haraboji.  Please don’t be mad and strike lightning at me or at Hee-roo... for stealing cat cookies yesterday.

 

 

 It wasn’t completely a lie anyway.  My appa had immediately set up an appointment for me to be escorted and welcomed in the companies I would be visiting.  Of course, I didn’t forget to tell him that I’d be staying in Sentosa during my visit to make my secret mission really easy.  Now all I need is Jingyo’s full cooper-- 

 

 

Oppa seems so excited.  He has already done a good work packing some of the extra things I needed for this trip.  He had also checked the weather for the next three days and the places where we could eat or rather, places I might love to eat at.  I was so surprised when I came home from the company party to receive a full report of what I should expect regarding our modes of transportation, our hotel, various attractions to be held in Sentosa during our stay and what I still needed to pack.  

 

 

His participation seems so easy to achieve so I just hoped that everything goes well, meaning by the time that we return to Seoul Jingyo will finally be happier again. 

 

 

I take a deep breath as soon as the signal to proceed down the plane comes.  Adjusting my Chanel glasses, I hold on to Jingyo’s arm as we head to one of the airport’s VIP rooms.  Thanking the security and staff who escorted us, I finally sit down as oppa double checks everything again with the management.  In a short while, a lady comes to tell us that our ride is now ready.  We were led outside to another part of the airport as oppa opens the umbrella to shield me from the heat of the sun.  It’s quite hot here.  Good thing I dressed comfortably today, with my mini shorts underneath my white long cotton shirt and my open dark polo shirt on top of it loosely flowing down to my thighs.   My sneakers complete my laid back fashion vibe as I take confident strides next to an equally confident Jingyo.  He in his usual business look minus his black overcoat due to the warm climate.

 

 

“I’m going to have a bad hair day from this,” I mumble towards Jingyo as we stop to wait for a bit.  I could feel his shoulders go up and down from the light chuckle he let out. 

 

 

“Nevertheless, you’ll still be pretty,” he mumbles back as I groan and run my fingers through my honey blonde locks, wishing that I wasn’t so sleepy last night to forget a hair tie.

 

 

“Are we going to have to debate about this again?” he asks in a slightly challenging tone and before he could kidnap any of my beloved teddy bears as hostage I give in instantly.

 

 

“No, I am beautiful even if I go bald,” I chant, repeating the words he kept telling me to think about whenever I would think of my physical self badly.  I could already sense that triumphant smirk on his face. 

 

 

Psh, if you weren’t so cute...

 

 

Before I could further retaliate by punching him on the side, a loud noise sounds a few meters from us as the wind starts to build up like a mini tornado swirling around us.  Just as I had feared my hair whips around, covering my line of sight a couple of times as we head over to get on our private helicopter which will soon take us to Sentosa. 

 

 

Well, we are riding in style, baby.

 

 

I breathed out a sigh of relief as I finally sit inside next to oppa, fixing my hair back in place and getting ready for take-off. 

 

 

The view up here is amazing! I can take a whole look down at the buildings and busy streets with ease, observing everything freely without having to worry about traffic or anything else although, it would have been so nice to be a simple tourist and wander around the streets too.  

 

 

In a short while, the ride comes to an end as we arrive.  We checked in the hotel shortly but before I could harass the management on giving me more information about Mi Yeon Jingyo pulls me aside and leads me in to the elevator and up my room.  At least, I know now that she is definitely here.

 

 

“Jingyo, shouldn’t we be asking what floor and room she is in so you two can finally talk in some quiet place?  Jingyo!  Now is not the time to chicken out,” I hiss as he keeps walking with his hand on my wrist.  When he finally stops abruptly I almost bump against him.  I’ve noticed that he has finally found my suite, his was next to mine.  The two rooms are actually connected to each other through a door near the living room. 

 

 

He swipes in the key card to open my room where all my suitcases are already placed neatly at a corner before facing me.

 

 

“Chaerin, I’m not being a chicken.  I just...” he trails off looking elsewhere but me.

 

 

“You what?” I ask, poking on his arm several times until he looks back at me.

 

 

“I’m not ready yet.  We’ve just arrived, I need to at least look presentable,” he points out as I look at him from head to foot.

 

 

To be honest, he looks perfectly fine to me.  If I went out on a date with my boyfriend, the clothes Jingyo is wearing would still be looking classy to me.

 

 

But then again, I have a very narcissistic oppa who hates it when even a single of strand of his hair isn’t in place or if his clothes aren’t good enough to make the ladies do a double take whenever he passes by.

 

 

“Okay, fine. Besides... this must not be easy for you,” I say slowly, realizing that things aren’t going to be a walk in the park.   Saving a relationship must really be hard and I have no right to decide on anything about the matter.

 

 

“Don’t worry, oppa, I’m going to help you look so handsome her jaw will be dropping from here down to the lobby,” I smile, hoping to get his confidence back.

 

 

“Yes, but before that you need to take a rest first.  You were sleeping so soundly in the plane that even the turbulence up in the air didn’t wake you up,”

 

 

“What? Uhm... oppa, I... didn’t snore or drool, r-right?” I asked cautiously, fidgeting my fingers as he checks every corner of my room.

 

 

“You were drooling all over the place earlier and I had to plug in the plane’s earphones and listen to rock music,” he says nonchalantly.

 

 

“What?! Oppa! A-Are you saying the truth? Did I really...? Yah!  That is not funny! Come back here!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“And here is the lounge area, Ms. Lee.  The mini orchestra shall be placed up here, since it will be the center of attraction at night.  It is also strategically placed near the restaurant where fine-dining can be enjoyed by our future patrons...” The head architect and family friend, Mr. Choi Dong Wook, explained as we go through the whole place, one of the newest investments my appa has been busy with, the new hotel resort.   Everything is still in progress but I can see that it is finished by ninety percent which gives me a perception of what the debut day of the resort would look like. 

 

 

“...our clients will also be able to enjoy our newest collaboration with Club AON, it will be designed in the modern and dark futuristic ambiance Club AON is known for...”

 

 

I secretly let out a yawn as Mr. Architect or SE7EN as he is fondly called by his workmates because of his love for the number, turned his back towards me to continue on how each tile and lighting was shipped from one of the highest Italian quality brands, my actions earned me a light nudge from Jingyo which then reminds me to straighten up and focus back.  I immediately clear my throat and walked beside Mr. Architect to ask my questions about creating a more spacious and cozy ambiance.

 

 

We went on through the whole morning checking every room and suite, even going up at the rooftop where exclusive VIP parties will be held.  We didn’t stop there as we went back down to look at the resort's amenities outside.  There were lots of things to take notice of so I had oppa open an iPad and type in the things I needed to discuss with appa.  By the time we were driving around the golf course I was already full of ideas to include.

 

 

“They should put more benches under those trees, water stations are also a must!” I blurted out as oppa who was sitting opposite me in this quaint cafe patiently writes everything down. 

 

 

I take a sip of my latte as I envision what I would want to see at a high quality resort if I were a first time client.  My thoughts wander to families who would want to enjoy quality time especially with their children.

 

 

“I think we should put more precaution on the kiddie pools, more safety measures to avoid slipping or drowning.  We should add...” I trail off as I glanced at Jingyo who was looking at me intently with his hand under his chin and a small smile on his lips.

 

 

This oppa is acting weird again... 

 

 

“What?” I ask uncertainly.

 

 

“You have this habit of tilting your head to the left and staring in to space when thinking really deeply then your lips curve in to this pout when you are re-evaluating your thoughts and when you are not sure your finger touches your lower lip, sometimes tapping it a bit,”

 

 

“So, is this your new habit?  Studying people’s body language,”  I tease, squinting my eyes at him.

 

 

“Well, not really, just that when it comes to you it becomes a natural thing for me especially when we’ve been together since you were a few weeks old, to be exact.  I find it all to be very... cute,” he answers in a manner that makes me avert my gaze from him.   If Jingyo would be a guy whom I’ve only met today I would have thought that he was being a little... flirty?

 

 

And since when... did... he...get... this... close... to... me?

 

 

True enough, it just so happens that he is now magically seated next to me that I could feel his shoulder close to mine.

 

 

Temptations, delusional thoughts, weird imaginations... please stay away from me.

 

 

“If that’s the case then... you run your palm down your necktie once whenever you start a serious conversation, your right eyebrow has this habit of rising up a bit whenever you find something interesting or when you are trying to impress the ladies with your words,  the side of your lips curve upward whenever you  win an argument, you find a conversation boring when you lightly nod your head repeatedly while drumming your fingers on your thigh whenever that person is speaking and you touch your hair unconsciously whenever you are not sure with something,”  I say thoughtfully before pausing for a second to recall anything else but then oppa’s light laughter brings my gaze back towards him.

 

 

“I do all that?  Really?”

 

 

“Really,”

 

 

Sometimes I just missed how I could get to talk to him without a care of anything or anyone around us.   I remembered the times when we could talk for hours without any dead air in between.  We’d only be surprised to find out that the sun has set already or that the boring party has already ended.  After Jingyo got in to a relationship, all that lessened.  Besides, with my feelings for him back then I made it a point to put a little distance between us.

 

 

“You slap the table or your thigh several times when you laugh,”

 

 

“You roll over to the side and even fall when you laugh hard, Jingyo,”

 

 

“You eat like this,” Jingyo demonstrates in a funny manner in what seems like an exaggerated version of me eating.


 

“I do not!”

 

 

“You even use chopsticks like this,” he says, laughing while holding an imaginary stick on each of his closed fists while looking like he was separating something with it, his hands moving in to opposite directions, like we was skiing down the slopes.

 

 

“I only did that once!  The meat was too hard to cut through,”

 

 

“Who uses their chopsticks like that?  It’s too cute.  You’re too cute Chaerin,” he laughs, holding his stomach and leaning a bit to my side.

 

 

“I’m not cute.  I can’t do all those cutesy stuff.  People think I am as cold as ice,” I groaned, resigning to taking a sip of my latte instead.

 

 

“Yes you are.  You don’t even need to try or force it.  It just comes out naturally especially with the way you talk sometimes and besides, they don’t really know you.  Too bad for them and all good for me,” he says as I quickly looked back at him curiously.

 

 

“Really?”  I ask narrowing my eyes on him.

 

 

“Really,”

 

 

“Actually, all this talk about cute has got me thinking...”

 

 

“About what?” he asks as I smirk with the idea forming in my head.

 

 

“If you can still do cute.  I'm missing  it,” I say, giving him a playful look as he stares at me blankly before shaking his head in disbelief.

 

 

“No, I am sorry I am now a manly man.  Cute does not exist for me anymore,” he says in what sounds like a deep tone yet I can only scoff at him before reaching out to poke both his cheeks much to his surprise.  It’s funny how his eyes widened as I squished his cheeks with both my palms and laughed at how hilarious he looked like.

 

 

“Oppa, this look actually suits you! Baby Jingyo!” I laughed, now pinching his cheeks while he frowns in disagreement before reaching for my face and giving me the same treatment.

 

 

“Chaerin, look how cute you are!  Say “oppa” cutely now.  C’mon I want to hear it,”

 

 

“No.  Let go of my face, baby Jingyo,”

 

 

“Say “oppa” cutely first!” I squint my eyes at him while he clears his throat and speaks again.

 

 

“...or just let go of my face,”

 

 

“We shall let go together”

 

 

“Okay, at the count of three”

 

 

“1”

 

 

“2”

 

 

“3!”

 

 

“Yah! Jingyo, let go of my face!!”

 

 

“Say “oppa”, “op...pa”,”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day has ended.

 

 

We have just finished up on the other business visits for today I have carefully attended to.  My job here doesn’t end with this though. There was still a VIP Country Club, another operating hotel and casino.  If visiting already gets me tired what more when I finally sit at my father’s office? 

 

 

My feet were hurting by the time we sat at a restaurant with Jingyo who kept insisting all day that he do his job and carry my hand bag.  It wasn’t really that heavy but honestly, when you carry something for a whole day it gets heavy no matter how light it once was.  Thus, even though I didn’t want to look like a prima donna I was extremely grateful that he insisted and carried it all throughout the afternoon. 

 

 

As for me, I could only stare blankly at the beautiful view from where I was seated, too tired to even think of anything regarding profits and debts.  I didn’t even realize that a waitress was already standing by to take our order.  Jingyo did all the talking from what I could still hear somewhere in the back of my head.  When I did get myself together he calmly tells me that he’s got everything taken care of, that he ordered something I would love and there’s nothing else I should worry about.

 

 

How can I ever live without him?

 

 

“Just relax, this night is free for you to enjoy,”

 

 

“Thanks, oppa, you are a life saver,” I sigh, leaning my head tiredly on his shoulder, my eyes travelling back to the scenic view of the sun finally setting in the horizon, wishing all this is purely vacation.  It would be lovely to spend some relaxing time... with Jingyo.

 

 

“Chaerin,”

 

 

“Hm?”

 

 

“Since this business visits will all be finished by tomorrow... would you like to go somewhere fun on Friday?  My treat,” 

 

 

His question suddenly brings the energy back in to my system as I tilt my head up a bit to look at him with curiosity.

 

 

“Who are you and what did you do to my knight?” I ask jokingly as he lets out a soft chuckle.

 

 

“I’m serious, my queen.  Erase all your plans of sleeping at the hotel all day on Friday and come have fun with me, okay?” 

 

 

I can’t help but smile at his words, a little feeling twisting somewhere in the pit of my stomach.  I try to ignore it yet whenever I think of Friday I just couldn’t help but feel a little giddy.  I know it’s just an innocent invite and we are used to having little “dates” once a week back when I was younger.

 

 

“Okay,” I answer however as soon as I say the word I couldn’t help but feel a sudden feeling that all this may not happen after all.

 

 

I know that we came here for a reason other than to check up on my family’s businesses and I’ve realized that sooner or later Jingyo and Mi Yeon will soon face each other with a large percentage of being back in each other’s arms.  I couldn’t explain it but right then and there I felt something pierce right through my chest, that familiar feeling I tried so hard to mend two years ago.

 

 

Shaking off all those thoughts, I tried focusing on the food as Jingyo continues talking happily of what I should be expecting.   Expecting, that’s the word.  Knowing that the end point of all this will lead to only one thing, I’m determined to place my focus on a lesson I’ve learned by experience.

 

 

Don’t expect too much on something that was never meant for you.  It’ll only hurt you in the end.

 

 

I hear my name being called a few times as I look up to see oppa’s worried face looking at me so I immediately flash a practiced smile and reason tiredness for my sudden deep thoughts.  I could tell that he didn’t entirely believe it but somehow my change of topic manages to get him to forget about it.

 

 

Tonight, I am determined to finish what I came here to do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“The food was delicious, you did a good job on picking out the dish for me,” I compliment happily as we walk towards our rooms.  It is almost eight in the evening and I am glad to finally be reunited with the soft bed.

 

 

“I know you well enough,” Jingyo mumbles as he opens the door to my room.

 

 

“Thank you,”

 

 

“You always say that, you know that I already know how thankful you are,”

 

 

“Yeah but I want to say it and I mean it, really,” I say, taking this chance to hold on to his arm.  This makes him stop and turn his body slightly towards me.  I take a step closer to him and I don’t know if my eyes are just in need of some sleep or he really did look nervous.  It’s would be a puzzling thing if he really was feeling that way or I probably just need to sleep.

 

 

“I know you do, like I said I know you well,” he says in an assured tone. 

 

 

Sliding my hand down his arm, I take his left hand and place a paper right on his open palm before I try to enclose his fingers around it.

 

 

“Oppa, I know you well too and I know you’ve heard me say thank you many times so, I decide to put those words in to actions,” I say as he looks at the numbers scribbled on the piece of paper, a trace of confusion passes his face for a few moments as I relieve him of the questions in his mind by giving him answers.

 

 

“That’s her room number...  she’s down a couple of floors below us and before you could make an excuse of having a boring wardrobe...” I trail off to pick up the clothes I had ordered to be delivered carefully to my room before we returned.

 

 

I was back where he stood rooted, eyes still fixed on the room number in his hand.  He looked up as I held two pieces of well-ironed clothes in front of him. 

 

 

“This,” I say while holding up a dark blue polo shirt paired with a steel grey jacket and dark cotton jeans.

 

 

“This would look like its saying—I’m sorry, I was wrong, come back to me and let’s put all of this aside,” I say in a bit of a dramatic tone, making him laugh and shake his head in disbelief.

 

 

“And this,” I held up the other hanged clothing, an expensive sleek black suit which I had tailor-made just for him.  Every little detail on it was from my own creativity, it’s something I had been imagining he would wear.

 

 

“This is my favourite and its saying—Let me make it up to you by taking you to a very romantic place where it’s only you and me,  I’ll treat you like and a queen and... say those three golden words,” I grin as he smiles, chuckling while he places a hand on his lips, surprise written all over his face.

 

 

“And what would those golden words be?  I am hungry?” he implies teasingly while I kick him lightly on the leg.

 

 

“You know what those three words are,” I groan, shoving the less formal outfit towards him and pushing him to his room.

 

 

“Say oppa cutely?”

 

 

“No peeing here?”

 

 

"What could those three words be?" he jokingly asks.

 

 

“Stop it,” I say in monotone, trying to scare him off with my icy glare yet his mischievous eyes and playful smirk make my efforts useless.

 

 

“Don’t pick flowers?”

 

 

"I really have no idea, Chaerin,"

 

 

“I love you,” I blurted out the answer wanting him to stop yet the effect hits me harder.  My heart starts pounding hard in my chest as the seconds fly by in dead silence, time freezing as my lips release those words, words that had seemed so impossible for me to say to him or rather, words I was supposed to never say to him.

 

 

.

 

 

Why did I even go there?  Why am I even feeling this way? Why is he looking at me like that?  Why the sudden silence?  Why am I even feeling like I’m sixteen years old again and confessing to... him?

 

 

“Now hurry up and go get changed before she sleeps,” I laugh it away as he finally obeys and enters his room to get dressed in style.  My smile fades as he disappears behind the room and I am left in some kind of sadness I have been trying to push out of my mind ever since I gave him that piece of paper.

 

 

“You are supposed to be over this,” I mumble to myself, mentally slapping myself in to my senses.

 

 

He loves her... She loves him... I have already accepted that long ago.  I am doing the right thing.

 

 

The door knob turns and sounds as I look up, a smile back on my lips.  However, my smile turns in to a light jaw drop.  I rarely see oppa without the black and white butler suits so seeing him in this fashionable impress-the-ladies style is something new for me.  He looks at me, touching his hair behind his head as he waits for my comments.

 

 

“How do I look?” he asks before consciously looking at himself at the mirror.  When I feel his gaze back at me I had to mentally kick myself on the head to stop gawking and focus.

 

 

“Y-You look really cool, oppa,” I step closer to him, adjusting his collar at the back and straightening his jacket at the sides.  Even his light perfume is making me dizzy or just drunk.  Either of the two, standing close to him is dangerous for me.

 

 

“You have good tastes, Chaerin.  I would have picked this up at a store and bought it instantly,” Jingyo says visibly happily and grinning widely.  I am just relieved that he finds it to his liking.  It even makes me proud that now I am very curious to know what he’d look like in that suit.

 

 

Before I say anything else I hear the notification tone of my phone from my bag and reached over for it, I checked several worried messages from my parents,  a message from nana Hye Mi asking whether I want her to clean the bathroom with a picture of Hee-roo who is currently eating, a message from Bom who was asking for Singapore delicacies or make-up, a photo message from a pouting Dara who misses me and a message from Youngbae who tells me to come back soon and whack Seungri a.k.a. dirty rat on the head because Daesung has given up on that duty.  

 

 

So far, everything is normal.

 

 

...until a call comes in.

 

 

I stare at it for a few seconds, unsure.  I could feel Jingyo glancing at me curiously, probably wondering why I wasn’t answering it immediately.  The caller seems to be persistent, something that doesn’t really surprise me, so I finally decide to answer it, keeping my voice a little lower.  I automatically step away from Jingyo, facing the opposite direction.

 

 

“Soo Hyuk...”

 

 

“I’m at Sentosa right now.  It’s a business trip.  Have to get myself used to checking up on the family business,”

 

 

“No, it’s just me and oppa, we’re at the hotel right now,”

 

 

“No!  No he’s not my boyfriend.  It’s Jingyo, my big bro, butler oppa,”

 

 

“Hangout?  Yeah, sure.  We need to talk too so... when?”

 

 

“You’re in Korea? I’ll be back by Saturday,”

 

 

“Your cafe sounds nice...  I miss going there...”

 

 

“Oh okay, seven in the evening then,”

 

 

“...see you on Saturday... thanks, I will... take care.  Bye,”

 

 

 I ended the call, thinking of what this Saturday would go like.  Up until now, I honestly still don’t know what I should say to him.  I’m still uncertain with what I feel for him. 

 

 

Should I give him a chance?   Should I—

 

 

“That was Soo Hyuk?” Jingyo’s voice cuts through as I look back at him in surprise, almost forgetting that he was there.  For a second, as I stare back in to his eyes I thought I saw something different, I just don’t know how to put it.  Was it sadness? Pain?  Anger?   I really wasn’t sure.  Even his voice dropped to a tone, the cheerfulness has gone.

 

 

I knew that Jingyo was wary of Soo Hyuk, after all he is Mi Yeon’s little brother and if I had a sibling who recently got in to a fight with her boyfriend I would surely want to kick that guy’s , except if the reasons are valid enough that he doesn’t need kicking.  

 

 

“Yeah, he just called to say hi,” I answered in a natural tone before walking back to him to check on his fashion.

 

 

“You... have an appointment on Saturday?”

 

 

“...yes.  Put that on my schedule,” 

 

 

“Okay, got it,”

 

 

I looked up on his hair, it was styled nicely, as expected of him, that I don’t think it needed any more make-over or re-styling.  I nod in approval, smiling as I give him two thumbs up.

 

 

“You’re good to go and if she doesn’t want you back by the end of this night she probably must be blind,” I joked, hoping to cheer him up a bit before pushing him towards the door.

 

 

“Alright, I’m going now,” he says, giving in with his hands up in surrender.

 

 

But then he pauses by the door and faces me.

 

 

“Any good luck hugs for me?” he asks slyly, opening his arms wide for me.  I hug him tight, sinking in to that sense of security he always makes me feel. 

 

 

“How did you even do all—“

 

 

“I have my ways,” I quickly say confidently, cutting him off from knowing what I did to obtain something that the hotel will never share with anyone.

 

 

The perks of being a “Lee”.

 

 

I could sink in to this warm hug all night but then for the last two years I’ve learned to detach myself and move away.  Yet as I try, a question stuns me for a second.

 

 

“Chaerin, do you like Soo Hyuk?”

 

 

I loosened the hug, letting out a light laugh as I try to look straight at him and answer him without stuttering. 

 

 

Why do I feel so awkward with this topic?

 

 

“Oppa, go finish what you have to do first before you can interrogate me about boys, okay?” I laugh it off, pushing him out the door and wishing him loads of luck.

 

 

“Just say what you feel,” I sincerely say before he gives me a nod of understanding and leaves.

 

 

That was the time I closed the door and stare at the empty room, a cold empty room that reflects the feelings I have bottled up all this time.   I walk listlessly to where the suit I had custom made for Jingyo lay, my fingers travelling against the crisp fabric.  Even before he would wear this I already knew how handsome he is going to look wearing it.  I’ve always wanted to design his suits, back then I would even imagine him and I having to wear matching clothes.

 

 

Silly imaginations.

 

 

“Guess, I’ll just... go to sleep,” I remind myself, sighing heavily as I walk to the bathroom to freshen up and get ready for bed.

 

 

In minutes, I was already done washing up and now changing in to my teddy bear shorts and sweater.  Currently, I was in the middle of brushing my teeth when I hear the familiar beeping tune at the door.  It’s the sound it makes after the key card has been swiped in.  Peeking, from inside the bathroom I looked out to see who it could be, my hands gripping anything I could smack at some possible intruder.  For now, the blow dryer would do.

 

 

I tiptoe quietly out of my bedroom to the living area when I see no one I start having all these paranoid ideas that some creepy ghost may be hiding in a corner ready to pop in front of my face.

 

 

Oh God... oh God... I’ve been a good girl already... 

 

 

I suddenly hear noise from the kitchen as I breathe in and out, tightly holding on to the blow dryer near my chest.  I was already at a corner where the only thing I had to do is turn to the right where the kitchen was.  I close my eyes and finally swallow all my fear before turning to the right and swinging the blow dryer hard to whoever it was.

 

 

“Chaerin!  Don’t!! It’s oppa!”

 

 

My hands stop up in the air as strong hands catch them before I could hurt somebody. My eyes slowly open and that’s when I finally got red with embarrassment.

 

 

“J-Jingyo... uhm I was... uhh playing around...  What are you back here so early?” I immediately dropped my hands down, hiding my “deadly weapon” behind my back, hoping he’d just answer my question.

 

 

Laughter.

 

 

Yes, I was expecting that.  I give this oppa a glare while he tries to hold in his laughter, covering his mouth with his hand while shaking his head at me.  He clears his throat when I give him the I-will-really-hit-you-if-you-don’t-stop look.

 

 

“I just got back from the convenience store nearby since Mi Yeon has checked-out of the hotel—SO I decided to go out and buy a couple of yummy chips, chocolate, a bucket of ice-cream, strawberry and chocolate, of course your favourite flavours.  We can all enjoy this while watching some movies I rented. See, they are all comedy and romantic-dramatic stuff that’s going to make you cry again.  Now what do you say, my queen?”

 

 

“Oh! Oh! I wanted to watch that movie for sometime already!”

 

 

“I know, right?”

 

 

“And can we eat that ice—WHAT?! What does, “she checked-out” mean??” I burst out while his face becomes the epitome of hesitation.

 

 

“She... they told me she checked-out a couple of hours ago,”

 

 

“Where did she go?”

 

 

“They only thing they know is that she is one her way to the airport,”

 

 

“Airport?  Going where?  Back to Seoul?”

 

 

“I... most probably,”

 

 

I run my fingers through my hair in disbelief at the sudden turn of events, looking around the room for some sign that this could all be just a dream.  If that unnie is really going back to Seoul then it makes things easier however...

 

 

We came here... for nothing?

 

 

I spin around to look back at oppa who suddenly averts his gaze somewhere like he was looking at something he wasn’t supposed to look at.  At least, he seems to handle all of this better than me. 

 

 

“Oppa, call the airport,”

 

 

“What? But... Chaerin, you still have appointments for tomorrow,”

 

 

“I know, I just want to make sure she’s heading back to Seoul,”

 

 

Jingyo silently takes out his phone and dials the airport, after a few explanations here and there.  He then looks at me hopelessly which gives me the sign that the staff wasn’t willing to give such private information.   Taking matters in to my own hands, I take the phone from him and unleash my claws. 

 

 

CL coming through.

 

 

“This is Lee Chaerin, I’ve just arrived here yesterday and I’m done asking nicely.  You see, my father is Lee Han Gun and my uncle is Lee Woo Yun, yes he owns Seoul Air and if you still want us to land any of our planes in your airport or better yet if you love your job then you better give me the god damn information.  I’m pretty sure you don’t want to wait till things get messy,”

 

 

I could hear the stuttering employee and the manager in-charge, who recognizes me from yesterday, fumbling around their computer before finally giving me what I’ve asked for. 

 

 

“Ms. Chaerin, passenger Ms. Lee Mi Yeon has boarded the 8pm flight on its way now to Dubai from there she would take a second flight to her destination... Paris, France.  She’s expected to arrive by one in the afternoon,”

 

 

If I could throw the phone at a wall I would but then it wouldn’t really do any good.  There was no way I could request for a plane to make a u-turn and come back to Singapore.  I have to be Superwoman to do that.  Sighing in defeat, I then felt Jingyo’s hand around my wrist pulling me gently to the sofa, sitting me down while he goes to gather all the food and play the movie in the DVD player.  He sits beside me, giving me a spoon so I can dip and dig some ice-cream which somehow made everything feel a bit better.  The room was silent for a while as the movie plays on until I open my mouth.

 

 

“I’m sorry oppa... I failed you,” I say softly, guilt residing in me as I rest my head on his shoulder.  He instinctively wraps an arm around me, pulling me close that I could feel his lips on the crown of my head.

 

 

“You didn’t, oppa can see how much you tried.  I’m happy because of that,” he consoles me before speaking up again.

 

 

“Are you crying?”

 

 

“No...”

 

 

“You’re sobbing,”

 

 

“The movie... the guy just lost his memory... can’t remember her,” I sniff again and this time I could feel his chest shuddering because of laughter.

 

 

“Not funny,” I say, punching him playfully on his stomach.

 

 

“Alright, alright, it’s not,”

 

 

“Oppa,”

 

 

“Hm?”

 

 

“Don’t you think it’s time you tour me around France?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Butler’s Note:

 

You don’t know what you do to me.  Every day, I think of you, the scent of your perfume, your eyes which reflect innocence, your full red lips and the feminine curves you flaunt teasingly.  My sinful eyes would follow you.  Why are you making it so hard for me?  Such torture, is it even legal?

 

Come back to me.   Fly back to me.

 

-Jingyo

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A.N.

 

That phone call sounds really familiar doesn't it?  Who could have done that similar phone call before?  I truly wonder~  Big bro, huh.

 

It's been a while.   I guess this is the moment to write my long explanation and sincere apology on the unforseen circumstances that had happened recently...

 

And no, I am not dead yet...

 

On second thought, a summary would probably be much appreciated so...

 

Laptop was broken +   Life without laptop was hell  +  Whole system was changed in order to be repaired  +  All written fanfiction erased  +   Even all my 50 plus 2NE1 videos erased   +   Discouraged author   +  2 weeks of re-writing despite bad mood   +  We are getting a puppy!  

=  I've finally updated today.

 

So, what do you guys think?   A little comment box down below would be available for all comments to give me a little boost on my writing.

 

THANK YOU TO  ALL SUBSCRIBERS which I have already lost count,  UPVOTES,  COMMENTS  and those who patiently waited.

 

Have a happy Monday

 

-Jia