Prologue

Suit & Tie

Prologue

 

 

Everyone dreams of living in a home filled with luxury and grandeur, preferably an elegant mansion in the middle of huge hectares of land where one has to ride a car from the high steel gates up until the front door, to be assisted by servants with utmost respect and gracefully ushered into the breath-taking interior of the mansion’s foyer.   Up above a golden chandelier would be hanging up in the ceiling, its mellow glow reflecting down unto the marble floor below.   All around there would be expensive furniture placed carefully while paintings shipped from different parts of the world adorn the mansion’s walls.   However, the most eye-catching area would be the two grand staircases parallel to each other, connected upwards to the upper floor’s balcony.   As one takes a moment to breathe in all the elegance along with the scent of fresh flowers, servants pamper to your every need and want.  All you have to do is just simply relax.

 

For a young boy named Kwon Jiyong, all of this isn’t just a dream.  The splendidness and overwhelming luxuries of the rich are what he sees every day.  However, unlike every person’s dream instead of being the welcomed he stands on the side, his hair styled cleanly to one side and his black suit and white tie ironed perfectly.  Like the other servants he prepares to welcome the masters of the house.

 

The Lee’s own one of the largest business empires and uphold to be one of the richest all throughout Asia and are placed in top ranks in the whole world.   Today, after three blissful years of marriage between the only heir of the Lee business empire, Lee Han Gun and the South Korean ambassador’s daughter, Park Hye In, the happy couple are currently celebrating the birth of their first child, something even the media has been highly expecting.

 

Today is the day the couple will arrive from the hospital and everyone including Jiyong is anxiously waiting for this day.   Being supported financially by the Lee foundation due to his intelligence and wit ever since he was five, Jiyong has been trained and educated to serve in the Lee household like his father Kwon Shin Mun who ever since in his early 20’s served the then young Lee Han Gun.   His father owed everything to the Lee’s since it was also how he met his wife, Kim Yeh Sun, one of the Lee’s assistant chefs.  

 

Although being the youngest servant in the household, it was not new for the Lee’s to finance education to young talented children from poor families and later on train them to serve the prestigious family.   In a way, it ensures loyalty among all the people working for them and high quality service.   As a matter of fact, every worker from the chefs to the drivers are not only given standard education but are also educated in their area of expertise before finally taken in to serve them.

 

In serving the elite family, the amount of work depends on what job you are assigned to.   Jiyong, along with the few other handpicked children were educated in general subjects like math and science with the goal of giving high quality service in everything they would be assigned in.  

 

Somehow, among all of the jobs one can be assigned to there is one that is most envied and it is being assigned as a Lee’s main assistant or as they are also known as, a butler.  Being given that position, one should be highly knowledgeable in everything including in etiquette, international cuisines, world news, fashion, sports, can fluently speak at least three languages other than Korean and most importantly a butler needs to gain certification or recognition in martial arts to ensure the safety of their client.

 

Now, this is where the main question comes in, how is it that it is the most envied job when the amount of work to even be a butler is almost as hard as being the president of a country? The answer is benefits and opportunities.   Not only would they be accompanying their clients in all their travels but also get to taste the luxurious life while working.  Not to mention, the very high salary that could make anyone leave their office jobs for it.   Overall, being a butler is a very noble and elite job.  It will guarantee the much sought ticket to wealth and success.

 

Jiyong is soon to be a butler and the main reason why he is highly expecting the Lee’s arrival is because he is to meet the person he is to serve for the rest of his life, Lee Han Gun and Park Hye In’s first born child, Lee Chaerin.       

 

The young Kwon breathes in and out as the biggest turning point of his life is about to begin.     

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A.N: Skydragon fanfic for all Infiknights