vi

Strayed

Hyukjae was seething, after all these years he had been the fool, living within the illusion of a changed world. Nothing had changed, absolutely nothing. Grunting under his breathe and apologizing for suddenly snapping at donghae. Donghae shook his head and smiled “ I already knew you would not like it..”

“How…did you know of this cure though?”

With a sigh Donghae leaned back into the couch, the plushy material letting him sink in, his eyes darted to the wall clock

12:40

“The organization I work for deals with the governments as well so naturally we have sources in there, to be on the safe side you know.” Hyukjae nodded understandable, he looked dimmed out by now and that bothered Donghae a bit. This very botheration bothered Donghae more. He had to admit his growing discontentment with this job was not helped by the fact that he thought of Hyukjae as a good man, respectable maybe even looking up to him. Donghae was not supposed to think like this about his targets, but here he was, thinking.

Joon’s words echoed in his head ‘pick up your game Donghae-ssi”

A comfortable silence filled the room, giving some time for donghae to sort out through his dilemmas, he knew what he was supposed to do, yet, it was clashing with what he wanted to do now.

On the other hand Hyukjae was feeling restless, what was he really going to do and how will he alone bring a change to this? According to Donghae the talk about this ‘cure’ was still kept confidential, media and press had no knowledge of it, but it was planned to be made public soon.

He snapped out of his through when he felt a hand on his, looking sideways he realized Donghae had inched rather close.

“ I really do admire how you just brought my friend to your place and helped her, not everyone would do that.”

“Donghae, you’ve thanked me enough already and I knew the risks. I guess I’m just a generous fool.” He smiled a little and that seemed to have a similar effect on Donghae face who brightened up and whispered “Generous fools are totally my type.”

“Oreally?”

“Yes really, my lips  don’t lie.” Donghae retorted cooly, internally fighting back the urge to quit this and keeping a charming smile on his lips. It was time to make his move.

Before Hyukjae could ask what he meant by that Donghae slid forth to press his lips to Hyujae, hooded eyes capturing the surprise widening of Hyukjae’s eyes. Donghae ghosted kisses over his lips, hands curling around the material of Hyukjae’s shirt, giving a soft yank and Hyukjae seemed to automatically respond, not liking the teasing kisses from Donghae and finally molding their lips together. A mixture of yearning and hesitation, Donghae tested the waters and soon Hyukjae was straddling him, pushing him back into the sofa. Donghae’s hand crept all over Hyukjae’s back as if caressing him, eliciting low growls from Hyukjae.

Once they pulled back, breathless and drooping eyelids they remained silent for some time before a small smile crept on Hyukjae’s lips.

“Told you my lips don’t lie.” Donghae breathed out, all smiles.

Hyukjae took a while to catch his breath before grinning “wow, certainly did not see that coming."

 

Donghae chuckled sweetly you have no idea “You’re welcome and as much as I’m liking this position you’re in, can you get me glass of water please?” He blinked innocently at Hyukjae who leaned in for a quick peck and then unwillingly dragged himself (teasingly) off of Donghae’s lap to head to the kitchen

Donghae took this time to quickly whip out his phone from his pocket and quickly sent a message to Kangin regarding having provoked Hyukjae enough.

The reply he got from Kangin was just in time as Hyukjae walked back in, a smile apparently fixed on his lips “what are you up to?’

Donghae grinned, thanking Hyukjae as he took the glass “Uh, just a colleague, telling me about some meeting regarding this whole cure thing, he said we are allowed to bring guests and-“

“Can I come?” Hyukjae cut in eagerly that made Donghae wiggle “I was just about to ask you that.”

“Awesome, what time is the meeting?’

“Donghae made a face, gulping down the cool water that helped cool down donghae’s rather heated body “It’s early morning actually, which means we should get some sleep” he nodded towards the clock

13:15

Hyukjae took the glass away, ignoring the little whine from donghae and gulped down the rest. Putting the glas down on the table he scooted close to donghae “You can stay over if you want, we can leave together from here”

Donghae grinned, nuzzling his nose against Hyukjae’s “Actually yeah, that sounds like a great idea.”

Hyukjae began to sprinkle kisses all over his face “Great, get in my bed.”

“Lee Hyukjae!” Donghae protested, looking scandalized and abruptly pulling back, which made Hyukjae cackle like a hyena “I’m kidding, maybe.” Donghae scoffed much to Hyukjae’s delight he saw how Donghae was fighting a smile “come on I’ll show you to the guest room. Oh come now don’t give me that look I’m a total gentleman, I won’t do anything to you in your sleep.”

Donghae sighed, finally smiling widely as he got up and was led by Hyukjae down a hall.

Donghae didn’t like the guilt he felt creeping in, with every passing moment it was getting stronger. He knew if this kept happening he would need to request to be taken off this case and simply disappear from Hyukjae’s life.

Such thoughts caused restlessness to course through his body the whole night and when he did fall asleep, it was no less exhausting.

 

 

A/N: So yeah, I have a feeling Chap 7 will be up soon too. o/