Final Sequel- Our Love

Strayed

At first Donghae thought he was just imagining things, but he felt something to be around them. He had been taking a stroll through the woods surrounding the Mansion along with Hyukjae, that’s when he had seen that man for the first time. It was odd how he could not sense him earlier on, even odder how the man didn’t seem to be human or any other specie Donghae had come across.

“Donghae what is it?” Hyukjae began to glance around, slightly worried at Donghae’s expressions.

“Hyuk, that man…I can’t sense any aura-“

Hyukjae directed a gaze to where Donghae was looking and found nothing.

“Hae, it’s probably the shadows playing tricks with your mind, come on, you must be tired.”

“He’s looking straight at me.” Donghae grit out, chocolate eyes wide.

Pursing his lips Hyukjae narrowed his gaze, neither he nor Donghae could sense anything, he saw nothing but Donghae sure did.

“Okay let’s just go back and ask Leeteuk to send out a patrolling team out here, alright? Hey.” He stepped in front of donghae so to block his view and flashed him a gentle smile “Come on.”

 

That night they had all skimmed through the woods, none of them had anything to report, aside from donghae who was unable to sleep because well

The ‘guy’ he had seen in the woods was spotted in his room. Hyukjae stayed up all night alongside Donghae as they sat huddled in the living room.

The following week only became more ridiculous, objects began to move on their own, it became impossible for donghae to move about in the mansion on his own. Even a simple thing such as going up a flight of stairs became a task as he would always hear footsteps right behind him. Leaving Donghae alone for a moment was a no no too. At times when Hyukjae would have something to do, one of the other boys would accompany Donghae, and soon it got too much for anyone to take.

That night Donghae had vehemently complained to his father that it was not just his imagination, that it was a real thing happening only to him and no he was not going insane neither was it mere hallucination. He could feel something breathing against his neck. At times when he did manage to sleep he felt pressure on him, in the dark he would see something move.

And a pair of clear blue eyes staring right at him.

Leeteuk contacted Heechul about this and they had decided to holda meeting the next day over at the mansion. It was late at night, while Donghae sat on the couch, temple resting on Hyukjae’s shoulder he felt his eyes grow heavy.

He sighed softly, thinking that finally he could sleep and rest his mind.

Instead his head felt heavy and he began to hear, feel, something breathing on him, hovering over him. With a yelp he jumped away from Hyukjae and stood up, tired eyes watering out of misery as he frantically looked about. Hyukjae was on his side, trying to coax the restless guy but there was no consoling him. What happened next made Hyukjae freeze up entirely, he was already getting upset seeing Donghae like this. That’s when Donghae eyeballs rolled up and he began to gurgle, dropping onto his knees.

“! Donghae!!”

For Donghae the world out, Hyukjae and the rest who had rushed in upon hearing Hyukjae’s shout saw as was apparently being beaten up by an invisible being, Donghae gasped and heaved as he double over, only to fly back onto his back. It all happened os fast and then Hyukje was running to him, holding his body in such a way that Hyukjae’s own body could act as a shield. That did not improve matters, Donghae began to scream painfully, screeching as he tried to push Hyukjae off of him, his eyeballs still not in their normal position the guy began to wither and screech.

Leeteuk grabbed a horrified Henry’s arm and hissed through his clenched teeth. “Fly to Heechul, tell him to bring a ing army of mages here!”

--

“What the do you mean it might be in love with donghae?!”

Heechul calmly leaned back in the couch of their living room “ I didn’t say might, I said, it is in love with Donghae. Normally cases of Possessions are either due to love or anger, believe me if the demon meant harm Donghae could have been finished by now.”

Hyukjae was glaring at the leader of the Fae “Why Hae?” his words came out clipped, if only he could deal with the demon, he would pull out it’s entrails through its mouth. The fury surrounded Hyukjae’s aura and Heechul sighed “ Look, young man, I can’t answer everything, there probably is not even a reason. Good thing we were trying to track down this certain Demon too. Where is donghae right now?”

“Sungmin along with one of your Fae are helping him heal, he’s finally asleep” Donghae’s father leaned in the chair, pure worry on his face  “So you mean this certain Demon has troubled you too?”

Heechul nodded, stretching out his legs as he rested his chin calmly upon the palm of his hand “ You see Demons are a specie in their own right. Just like us Fae and you shape-shifters, they are also living amongst us. A very secluded specie that keeps to themselves, they are invisible to us but they can see us. This one Demon apparently, after causing chaos in it’s own territory ran off, away from whatever punishment it was supposed to get and by mistake ended up in fae territory. Since Fae hold a superior knowledge of magic, even dark magic, we were able to detect his presence. The Demon remained on a run as he fled from us and in it’s haste ended up over at your side. Now it wants Donghae all to himself, warding off a possessive Demon is not a simple task mind you, not even for us mages.”

“What can be done, what are our options?” Hyukjae’s intense gaze was boring into Heechul’s. The Fae’s leader could tell the man was desparate. “Spells, some have been already cast and I can tell the Demon has momentarily left this Mansion alone. Spells alone won’t do, theres a common-and risky- ritual that is usually conducted so to ward off Demons…” Heechul trailed off, his eyes never leaving Hyukjae’s fiery orbs.

“Like what?” Hyukjae growled, brown eyes ablaze

--

“Are you sure you want to go through with this?”

“If it means the demon would be convinced enough to leave Hae alone, then yes, I’m bloody sure. Can we get started already?”

“Patience young man, patience.”

A large fire had been made the next night, in front of them ansion. Wood cackled and burned as hungry orange flames reached towards the sky. The Fae had created the magical fire and maintained the it till it had eaten up all the wood, once the fire was put out the burnt wood smoldered and beamed orange, smoke still rising. Hyukjae in a long breathe, all preparations were made, spells casted on both Hyukjae and Donghae. Donghae sat  in front of the burning woods, his skin pale and eyes sunken as he looked pleading at Hyukjae “you don’t have to do this, there has to be-“

“Hae, I’ll be alright. I need to do this, for you, for us. I love you.” Hyukjae gulped as the smoke hit his nostrils, he quickly pecked Donghae’s forehead affectionately and walked over to where Heechul stood.

“All you need to do now, is walk over the smoldering wood, making your way across to where donghae is standing. The Demon is here, he’s watching very attentively, if you manage to complete your walk over the smoldering wood barefoot, he will finally be convinced that he should leave donghae alone, donghae will be free.”

Hyukjae nodded in understanding, curling his toes momentarily before uncurling them and feeling the soft, cool glass blades under his feet. Donghae whimpered as Hyukjae finally raised a foot to place it over the smoldering, scorching path that lay before him. As soon as his foot made contact with it, he hissed. His instincts yelling at him, he had to fight his own body to not jump off of the path the very instant he felt the stinging pain under his feet. Straining to not make a single sound he instantly brought his other foot onto the smoldering burnt wood. Gulping as he batted away tears he kept tried to focus on his destination, his aim: Donghae. Donghae seemed miserable, through their bond he could feel Hyukjae’s pain and agony, and he barely kept himself seated as he watched Hyukjae make his way over the path. Flinching with every step Hyukjae took Donghae dared to cast a glance to where the Demon stood. The Demon seemed to be slowly shrinking away; his eyes were glued onto hyukjae, as if he was waiting to see whether Hyukjae really did go all the way. The Demon’s eyes widened as Hyukjae picked up pace, his face scrunched in pain but watery eyes determined as he practically marched over to smoldering and cracking wood, keeping his mind busy with only thoughts of Donghae.

Donghae spotted the Demon sinking to its knees as Hyukjae reached the end of the scorching trail. As soon as Hyukjae stepped off, hence completing the ‘ritual of agony’ he let out a gasping sight at how sharply cool the grass felt under his feet again, he had proven to the Demon that his love for Donghae was truly something, literally nothing could stand between him and Donghae, such a bond thus weakened the Demon’s power and will to take over donghae entirely.

Hyukjae staggered, unable to stand and donghae was up in a split second, holding onto Hyukjae who entirely leaned onto him. Donghae’s hushed cries and frantic kisses all over Hyukjae’s face were apparently heard by the Demon too, it attempted to run off but that’s when Heechul gave the signal.

The mages all directed their stretched out hands to the demon, who groaned as fire burst forth, a dark purple in color as it engulfed and ate away at the Demon’s form.

Hyukjae who was losing conscious fast due to extreme pain, could only see the outline of a figure going up in flames.

--

Donghae felt Hyukjae’s toe flinch as he kissed it affectionately.

“You’re finally awake!” Donghae scrambled over, not giving Hyukjae time to respond as he molded their lips together in a passionate kiss. Tilting his head he whimpered against Hyukjae’s lips before pulling apart.

“This time you did the saving” he breathed out as he gazed into Hyukjae’s bleary brown eyes affectionately.

“Yeah, I owed you.”

“Nothing, you owed me nothing.”

“I saw it Hae, I finally saw it…just an outline though…how are you?” Hyukjae’s worried gaze made Donghae shake his head “You fool, you walked over sweltering wood and you’re worried for me—it’s gone, the purple fire made him visible to everyone. Heechul said he will report this formally to the Demon’s Lord, so that it’s accounted for.”

“That’s good” Hyukjae croaked and cast a glance over to his feet that were now bandaged almost entirely. “The burns were bad of course…but the spells Heechul casted on you before and after you completed the ritual will help with the healing.” Donghae pressed their foreheads together.

 “I still think what you did was crazy…but that just makes me grow in love with you even more.” Donghae whispered as he nuzzled his nose against Hyukjae’s. “I love you very ing much, Hyukjae.”

Hyukjae’s lips parted in that wide gummy smile that was so precious to Donghae “ And I love you very ing much too, Donghae.”

The smile followed by the sweet tinkling laughter  Hyukjae finally saw  and heard, made him feel that walking over burning wood was nothing, Hyukjae could walk into a freaking volcano for the man he loved so dearly.

 

---

 

 

 

 

--A/N: and so! This is the fianl sequel( I was thinking that Halloween is coming so hey, let's make it along those lines.) , I thank you all sooooooooooo much for loving this sotry so much, i love writing it and reading your comments and quiries, it broguht a smiel to my face and I will indeed miss this one so much ;~; BUT yes of course you can catch my on-going SEQUEL to my other story called Race and SOON I will be posting a new story ;). See you then? <3