xv

Strayed

He got it.

Hyukjae understood what Donghae did was all under orders. Even while remaining under orders Donghae had probably raged war within himself. That Hyukjae had sparked that war. None of them had a single idea what meeting each other would mean. Donghae was just assigned another target, a target that would change him, if only he had known. Hyukjae was being played with, manipulated by a person who was day by day getting weak and instead of fake emotions; real emotions woke up within him. That’s what Hyukjae did to Donghae and in turn Donghae moved Hyukjae from within.

 

Gotten some short but good talk-time in with sungmin he had having rushed out.  Hyukjae had requested to leave the premises for a while. He needed time, he felt shocked, nothing about all that time Donghae had acted, felt unreal to him, so suddenly discovering that even their first kiss was a lie, was devastating.

Sungmin had tried doing all he could from his end, admitting Donghae had stopped taking syrum earlier than Hyukjae was pointed out as a target but the donghae he saw now was nothing but the truth.

“Hyukjae, Donghae has a pure soul and heart; he can’t keep his true feeling concealed for long. Initially, he must have enjoyed it as a game, felt triumph whenever he would see you get further entangled in the web of words he created. Then again, you were also doing something to him, changing him and to this extent where he was day by day growing stronger to defy a person like Gain, strong enough to admit it to you. Now to me, that sounds like a person who truly means to seek redemption, to me it seems you must really mean a lot to that fool.”

Sungmin’s words echoed in his mind as he lay flat out on his back on his own bed, it was night time already, once again he lay there in absolute silence, though his thoughts and memories were so loud he didn’t exactly feel the silence. He had left without looking back, something in his heart prevented his feet from turning back.

“Sungmin-hyung , how am I even supposed to trust you guys after all that? For all I know this is an act you’re putting up too and for a fact I know that the bunch of you have stopped taking the syrum, so that’s not something you can use as excuse anymore.”

Sungmin had exhaled helplessly, pleading Hyukjae to not let go of things like this, to think it through.

Hyukjae had left after that.

Not known to him, Donghae had gone into a chaotic mode where he had to be restrained by Kangin and Leeteuk, Donghae had raged and fought

“Let me ing go, I need to go after him!!”

They turned a deaf ear, for now Hyukjae needed time but Donghae didn’t want to lose any time and just hold onto Hyukjae. He had been given sedatives forcibly, Leeteuk tossed and turned in his bed that night after having seen Donghae fall asleep like that, the boy still had creases sketched onto his forehead. Later that night Siwon had informed Kangin that Gain had sent out orders for different teams to begin preparing, the night they would make a move was close.

Kangin was worried sick, they all were. Mostly because of Donghae’s condition, the guy who used to be the sunshine of the place, epitome of positive energy was now hardly eating, always appearing half dead, blotted eyes and silent.

That night passed and morning came. Donghae was dragged out of his room, everyone refusing to let him lock himself inside.

Kyuhyun would try to make him laugh by his snarky jokes, Sungmin by constantly giving him massages, Leeteuk by trying to distract him through sparring with him, Kangin and Siwon trying to discuss plans of their ‘rebellion’ as they began to interact with other recruits, forming ideas on how to actually do this. All the while Donghae knew what his friends were trying to do and honestly, he felt bad for them. He could not help it, his eyes would end up roaming, looking for a certain face.

The sun set and dawned, a whole day gone by, but not a moment passed that Donghae’s heart didn’t clench with the memories and self-loathing. He felt parched, craving for a certain person who could quench the pain and thirst within, but he would end up asking himself, in truth, did Donghae deserve Hyukjae to begin with?

 

In different parts of the cities, two individuals would forlornly glance at their phones, typing and deleting messages. For the next two days this had carried on.

On the other hand Hykjae was no better, he did constantly keep in touch with Sungmin and Leeteuk, asking about Donghae one way or another, the responses he would get were never good. He would at times hallucinate, doing a double-take every time he would think he saw Donghae peeking from around a corner. Running to a source of sound he thought to be Donghae’s laugh.

Everything had Donghae absorbed within. He loved it. He hated it. What he felt was not simple anger, no, it was just something that throbbed and yearned.

--

It was almost a week now. No Hyukjae. Donghae was there yet not there.

“So instead of coming back as separate teams we will all re-group at a certain point within the woods and then raid this place.” Sungmin spoke in a hushed manner, eyes watching to see if everyone understood. Besides Hyukjae the rest of them were present, as for Donghae, he hummed now and then, showing Sungmin he was paying attention, he had insisted that he had rested well and that those bags under his eyes were to be ignored. Sungmin had called them all in his room that certain night, laying out a hand-drawn map about the ‘hit points’ or the places that each team was assigned to set up ambushes or take out targets. Donghae tiredly following his explanation of how they were all going to follow only part of Gain’s plan, since it would be Joon supervising all the teams, they needed to work carefully. Several other team leaders had been spoken to; they had all expressed shock and dejection once Gain’s true intention was brought to light. They kept this news amongst them only. There were going to be total four teams, Donghae was leading one including Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Leeteuk. Kangin and Siwon were in another team lead by a person called Mike, the other two teams were led by Seo and Sunny, the two sisters.

“Hyung, Gain has a larger army, even if we combine all these four teams, regardless of the fact that each team has six members.” Donghae pointed out and Sungmin smiled a little, at least the guy was being vocal.

Kyuhyun nodded “Yeah twenty-four of us and..”

Kangin shook his head “According to a trusted little birdie, the Werewolf Alpha of the Northern region never liked Gain, he’s actually been trying to find ways to get back at her for something she did.”

Leeteuk hummed, interested “ So you’re saying they won’t mind joining our little plan?”

Kangin’s devilish grin was a response enough “ Those wolves love a good raid.”

“I heard the Elf clans are all very dangerous in a battlefield too.” Young Henry who had been enthusiastic about helping them out had joined their meeting after getting special permission from Leeteuk. “They have an army of falcon trained for battles, as aerial support.” His eyes twinkled and Leeteuk nodded pusing his lips “Then check with them, be sure they are reliable and do not pull back at the last second. Kangin you will go with Henry to meet up with Elfs.”

“Never knew we’d be looking for help from Elfs.” Kyuhyun snorted, getting whacked by Donghae and muttering a ‘sorry’

 

“As for you Donghae, I’m giving you a special task.” Leeteuk grabbed him by his nape, frowning Donghae tried to wriggle free, grumbling he didn't want any tasks.

 

“Go get your man back."

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yes it's going to happen.

Whose up for a Eunhae reunion? anyone? no one? oh ok.