xxii

Strayed

A/N: Do you guys need a warning for blood spilling? Edit: It's not much eitherway.

 

Donghae tore through the jugular of his opponent, warm blood spurting and splattering over his fur and on the grassy ground as he heaved, enraged eyes looking for his next target. He witnessed as the elf started their new wave of attack, their birds diving down from high above like trained missiles, either wrestling on the ground, the larger eagles carried several enemies up in the air before letting them free-fall down to the ground, ending in either serious injuries or death.

 

He thought he heard his name being shouted out from near the mansion. Maneuvering his way through battling beasts and elves while Heechul remained located at a distance from the location, the ability to use magic enabled them to fight from a distance. Donghae ducked as a bolt of lightning shot from over his head, taking down an enemy who was apparently chasing after Donghae. He grinned in silent thanks and spotted Leeteuk waiting by the front door of the mansion which now hung by its hinges.

“We need you inside, Hyukjae went after Joon and Gain by himself, go support him, Sooyoung goes with you aswell as  Jiyeon.” Leeteuk pointed to the girl Donghae had just spotted “A Fae, for long-range attacks, now go and push them out here, don’t engage in a full on fight inside, we will be able to support you here.”

“That idiot! But what about-“

He was not able to continue because from right above their heads, shattered glass flew followed by Joon falling out, the man’s face was scrunched in anger as he tried to roll over and run back in but Sooyoung was on top of him in an instant, grabbing his arm and bending it mercilessly.

Leeteuk and Donghae continued to gaze up as sounds of scuffling and snarls increased.

“.” Donghae growled and sped in, he had seen Hyukjae being strangled while being shoved halfway through the broken window, it was just a level up. Donghae dashed up the stairs and made a bee-line for the room he had estimated Gain to be in. Skidding in and growling viciously as he lunged and latched his jaws around Gain’s nape, wondering just why had the woman not tried shifting to her animal form. He didn’t bother asking though; he wanted to finish her there and then. Gain screamed and her hands left Hyukjae’s furry throat to grab at Donghae’s pointy ears. Hyukjae meanwhile kicked her off with both his hind paws, Donghae ducked to let her topple over him and then both the wolves were on top of her.

Her hand fled to retrieve a small vessel from the pockets of the trouser she wore, Donghae spotted it and bit into her hand, trying to make her let go of the vessel, it was a purple liquid, he decided it was not the Syrum, perhaps something stronger than that.

He thought she was trying to consume it herself. So when he tried to force it away from her face, she used that force to shove it into Hyukjae gaped mouth, the top was already loose, so all she needed to do was tip it in.

Hyukjae went scrambling back the instant the liquid coursed down his throat. He gagged and heaved, that had Donghae distracted for a split second and he was being thrown off. Gain ran to the window laughing hysterically as Donghae prowled forth “What the did you give him!!”

With a crazed grin she lunged at Donghae, Hyukjae could only watch through bleary eyes as Donghae wrestled under Gain, trying to pin her down while shouting at Hyukjae to throw up instantly.

 “I’m trying” he gasped as he cough and heaved, nothing.

“ !!” Donghae huffed and snarled, raking his claws down Gain’s belly, piercing skin but the woman seemed to be determined to ignore all sort of pain even as blood dripped through her belly.  Donghae felt something flexing and bending around his tail.

“Donghae!” Hyukjae heaved, trying to make his way to the wrestling wolf but suddenly his limbs felt too heavy. “, Donghae’s she’s shifting. Can’t. move.” Panting he felt his body sink down as Donghae let a murderous growl rip, thrashing ferociously and using his body weight to  roll them on their sides, watching as the woman’s face was the last to shift and then he found himself getting tangled within a Python’s body, it’s reptile face hissing close to Donghae’s, the yellow eyes staring hungrily at him.

Leeteuk’s warning of not engaging in battle inside echoed in Donghae’s mind. He needed to drag her out somehow. He tried keeping it cool and collected while trying to not let Gain’s slim body wrap itself and suffocate Donghae and then there was Hyukjae who had gone entirely silent.

“What did—you-give—him” he gasped as he ducked from under Gain’s coiling body, the Python merely hissed as Donghae attempted snapping his jaws around Gain’s throat. The Python was heavy and constantly coiling and recoiling itself around donghae, causing donghae to be forced into a defensive position, he needed to get out before the snake squeezed the life out of him.

Hyukjae on the other hand felt his head throb and pound, excruciating pain shot through, he opened his maw but no words came out. His abdomen heaved, he gagged but nothing came out, his insides were already burning as if on fire.

Deep breathes.

He needed to remain calm; the aggravated he got the quicker whatever went down his throat would react and mingle with his system.

All thoughts of remaining calm flew out the window soon at a horrifying sight. Through his rapidly blurring and dimming view he saw how Donghae tried scrambling out from under th Python's coiling body. Gain’s tail coiled against Donghae's right hind limb and then he heard the sickening snap followed by Donghae’s tormented screech.

 

After that, Hyukjae’s world was reduced to black.