Sequel- With or Without

Strayed

A/N: I have a couple of ideas in mind, of dis-jointed one shots perhaps even drabbles, let's see :)) since you guys gave this story so much love, I want to keep at it.

 

 

 

“No! We are not keeping it.”

“It’s a she!”

“I rephrase, we are not keeping her.”

“Donghae, please! Just look at those large sad eyes” Hyukjae cooed, donghae’s brow twitched as Hyukjae cradled the brown fluffy dog in his arms and kissed over its eyes.

“Hyuk, you’ve already brought in one dog, I think two dogs in this house are enough.”

“What dog?” Hyukjae raised a brow

“Me you idiot! I’ve moved in with you remember? And I’m a wolf so I’m a dog…ok forget it, but no, I’m not allowing another dog in here, especially not a stray. How do you even know it’s not a shifter?”

Hyukjae rolled his eyes, bouncing the fluffy pup in his arms gently “ Babe, we would have sensed if it’s a shifter but  this is you standard dog. Also please don’t refer to yourself as a dog I brought in, we will be husbands soon. Yes I remember how you moved in with me, I asked and you practically threw yourself at me shouting on the top of your lungs ‘take me Hyukjae, take me right now!’ poor Henry got the wrong idea and avoided us for the rest of the day. Kyuhyun, I’m going to pull out his tongue one day I swear, spread it all over the place that you were shouting at me to make love to you in the middle of the hallway.”

Donghae tried to glare, but the whole scene replayed and hey it was kind of funny and flustering and the way hyukjae had said it might have turned him on because then he moved forward, keeping it cool and sighing softly, softening his eyes as he lifted a hand to caress Hyukjae’s jaw “I-I’ll think about it, perhaps this  fluffball already has an owner and might be worried sick-“

“Donghae come on, technically I’m the alpha male here, this being my house. I can bring whatev--”

Donghae threw his hands up In the air out of utter exasperation, not being able to stop the roll of his eyes “ Are we still at it?! Hyuk we are engaged to be married, life partners, we share, what’s mine is yours and vice versa! This house is now mine too, just come on out of that alpha dog phase of yours!”

The two had not realized how their voices had grown louder and the brown pup whimpered in Hyukjae’s arms, suddenly spooked he whimpered, getting scared of the loud angry voices.

“It will take me time to settle okay- , I’m sorry I didn’t mean to—“ his words were cut when an infuriated Donghae threw him a  hard glare and brushed past him, marching out the door as he shouted over his shoulder.

“Fine, keep the dog, marry it for all I care, oh sorry, her! Play Apha dog with her! I’m out of here!”

 

 --

Hyukjae groaned, palming his face tiredly as he sat, the next morning, in the mansion which was now under the supervision of Donghae’s father, who had replaced Gain as the head of the organization

Currently the man sat in front of him across the large oak table, hands folded and gaze calm and steady. Next to Hyukjae a very indifferent looking Donghae sat.

“Hae, I’m sorry” Hyukjae repeated, more like pleaded as he turned a little and only got a restrained growl in return “You replaced me with a !”

“I did not replace you Hae, I never would!” he threw a helpless glance at Donghae’s father who simply observed them, choosing to remain silent for now, Hyukjae’s gaze darted back to Donghae “I- we could have passed her on to anyone for safe keeping till her owner was found but I know that my rubbish about being ‘alpha male’ around hurt you, I’m truly sorry for that babe, it just came out I know it’s no excuse but please, I love you and-“

“You say you love me but honestly it does not feel like that anymore!” Donghae was glaring at him with upset eyes, the anger radiated from him and Hyukjae reached out “Your over-reacting-“

“Donghae, please step outside, I want to have a conversation with him in private.” Donghae gazed at his father for some time, jaw clenched and then he was up, nearly running out of the room and slamming the door too hard behind him. As he made his way down the hall, blinking away the hot tears he felt he could not understand just what had changed? They were in  love that was for sure. After the night Hyukjae had proposed to him, it felt as if life took a whole new turn. Things were changing. Slowly the government was increasing the representative of every species. Humans were opening up to discovering what the rest truly were like. Gain and Joon had been sentenced to life imprisonment in cells especially constructed for individuals with abilities so as to prevent them from escaping.

Donghae sighed forlornly as he roughly sat himself down on the top step of the stairs, grunting at the impact of the hard floor with his . Raising a hand he ran his gaze over the carving on the ring.

‘Yours, Hyukjae.’

Something within him moved, the corner of his lips twitched up as he recalled how Hyukjae had slipped this on his finger and he had put on the ‘Yours, Donghae’ ring on Hyukjae’s finger. Soon after that Hyukjae and donghae had opened up their own restaurant, just like Hyukjae had always wanted to have his own. Hyukjae had asked Donghae to move in with him and Donghae had been ecstatic.

“You do realize you’re both being idiots?”

Donghae jumped and swirled around, scowling at a smirking Sungmin

“He started it..” donghae muttered weakly, he was not that convinced whether this statement was the best thing he could have offered just then.

“Wow, that’s mature, and you two are getting married soon, oh boy.” Sungmin teased as he joined donghae on the steps, donghae only whined a little “ Okay that was not mature of me and I think I overreacted and I should go say sorry too.” Donghae huffed, forehead creased in worry.

Sungmin nodded a little “ Yeah, running off like that did no good, he didn’t tell me in detail before he left—“

“He left!” Donghae’s head perked up “Already?? Without seeing me?”

Sungmin grin and ruffled his hair “ Your dad sent him on an important job over to Jongwoon’s Palace, Hyukjae wanted to go look for you but I said I’ll go fetch you, so” he clapped at donghae’s shoulder and stood up, holding out a hand “ Let’s wrap up this angst and go over to where your Hyuk-bear is!”

Donghae gasped, swatting at Sungmin’s hand as he glared playfully “Only I’m allowed to call him that!”

Sungmin smirked “ Sure, Donghae-poo”

Hyung!”

--

“Thanks so much Hyukjae, I honestly needed an extra hand, literally.” Sooyoung grinned, motioning with her only hand to her missing arm, an artificial arm hung limply there “I need to get this checked-up urgently!”

“Of course Sooyoung.” Hyukjae didn’t like the sight of that missing arm, his thoughts flew back to how basically she had lost it for him.

The least he could do was look after her pups.

“Will you be alright?” Sooyoung peeked at him carefully, her usually bubbly smile fading a bit “ I mean, do you want me to talk to Hae?”

Hyukjae shook his head, flashing a reassuring smile, which was very obviously strained “No it’s fine. His father and my experience with him both say he needs time.”

Sooyoung lifted her only hand and clapped at his back, a tad bit roughly but Hyukjae was sure it was her way of reassuring him. Soon Sooyoung’s mate came to fetch her and with a hurried string of instructions she left, leaving Hyukjae alone outside the kids room.

“Might as well get on with it.” Hyukjae murmured to himself and pushed he door open. The sight he witnessed however, gave him second thoughts, maybe just maybe babysitting fifteen werewolf babies was not a good idea.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey! That’s not nice! Yah, get back here!” Hyukjae chased after a toddler, who gurgled happily and ran about, easily maneuvering through her siblings while Hyukjae tried to keep a strong hold on the baby in his arms and not run over a kid while trying to get to the runaway toddler.

“Give that diaper back, your brother needs it!” Hyukjae almost wailed, the baby in his arms was going hysterical, stark and flailing. A few other siblings saw it as a game and began to chase after the girl, creating more commotion. Hyukjae stood there looking miserable as his heart called out to one person.

He needed Donghae so badly.

 

--

“Ah yeah Sooyoung-ssi left Hyukjae-ssi to look after the kids, they must be in the playroom, just go up a floor, and straight till you hear loud screeching noises, that will be it.” A friendly looking servant of the Palace directed Donghae who thanked him awkwardly. This was his first time in the Werewolf palace all by himself, plus he feared for Hyukjae if he was to be found along with screeching little Werewolves.

 

While he was going down the hall to get to the staircase, donghae passed by a large window, movement outside caught his eyes and he narrowed his eyes, observing how the movement had been some kids in diapers.

Kids running aimlessly towards a large lake and a struggling Hyukjae trying to hold them off.

That could not end well. Donghae turned and ran, out the main door and around a corner to sprint down towards where the kids who were waddling over to the lake. He called out for them to stop but they paid no heed, cursing under his breathe he got the shock of his life when he saw Hyukjae trying to ward of the kids from the lake, they were too many for only him to handle.

So when some of the kids bumped into him, gurgling happily, Hyukjae lost his balance and toppled over, going down in an awkward position. Alarmed Donghae burst into full speed, heart hammering as he heard vague sounds of Palace guards racing after him, he didn’t care to stop and listen.

Because Hyukjae didn’t know how to swim.

Holding his arms up he lunged, floating through the air briefly before breaking surface and diving down, swiftly moving his arms and legs, eyes widening at the sight of a drowning Hyukjae, body motionless and eyes closed air bubbles floating up. Donghae willed his heart to not go erratic as he swam his way to the slowly descending body.

--

 

“I was so scared.” Donghae’s lips quivered as he held onto Hyukjae’s cold hand. Hyukjae lay in bed covered in blankets. The Palace guards had acted instantly and helped Donghae retrieve Hyukjae, providing a room and warm blankets.

Hyukjae managed a tender smile, it faltered when he saw Donghae’s face crumple further “W-when I saw you drowning Hyuk…it was like someone was squeezing the life out of me, it was one of the most terrible sights ever..the thought of losing you…again..” Donghae blinked rapidly, hot tears spilling as it all came back.

How years ago he had pretty much lost Hyukjae. How Donghae did not want to even consider that thought. After having gained Hyukjae back, the last thing he wanted to experience was the same sense of insecurity.

“Hey.”

Hyukjae tightened his hand around donghae’s, unblinking eyes peering into the teary chocolate ones. Donghae gulped, the heavy lump in his throat only causing him to breathe through his mouth.

“I’m here, safe. You saved me. Again.” Hyukjae flashed him a loop-sided grin, trying to cheer up the emotional precious person his fiancé was. “This is becoming a trend, you saving me.” Hyukjae grinned more as Donghae tried to mutter a shutup. “Which makes you my hero.” Donghae managed a small smile, sneezing and sniffing.

“Are we good?”

“No”

Donghae furrowed his brows worriedly, scooting close to Hyukjae on the single bed.

“We are awesome.” Hyukjae added much to donghae’s relief as Donghae leaned closer, turning his face away as he sneezed again. He squeaked in surprise as a strongly pulled onto the bed. Hyukjae adjusted the blankets over them both and snuggled against him “much better” he smiled

 

 

A few hours later Kyuhyun and Henry arrived at the Palace, having been informed of the little incident at the lake the two had rushed over, only to find Donghae and hyukjae nestled in together on the bed in the most compromising position ever. Kyuhyun smirked, whispering something about blackmail material to Henry as he slid out his phone and began to snap away, the most evil grin lit Herny’s face as he began to do so too.

 

Kyuhyun had taught him well.