xviii

Strayed

“We are not safe here anymore, we need to move out.”

“Move out large numbers without that jerk Joon spotting us??”

“Look for all I know it was Joon who had been spying on us, he’s that Python’s pet, he will obviously let her know instantly.”

“Who is the python?”

“Gain shifts into a Python.”

“Oh…ew.”

“Guys, focus! We can’t waste time and endanger our lives any further. Let’s sneak out in the middle of the night.”

Leeteuk huffed, the back and forth hushed banter that was going around had him thinking hard, he finally sighed “ Ok, ok, tonight we move out, alert the others too.”

“Yeah but where are we moving out to? Gain will have her pets after us in a heartbeat once she notices we are gone.”

Kangin held up a hand, a determined look in his eyes “I have a spot for us, we can get shelter and support.”

Leeteuk nodded “Ok good, it’s sunset already, we leave at half past twelve.”

“One more thing!” Sungmin grumbled “ Some of us with stronger shifts needs to take the Syrum, for it’s ability to you know,  grow to a demonic size.”

“I volunteer” It was Hyukjae who had spoken and Donghae frowned at him lightly “ No Hyuk, you stay out of this, don’t let that enter your system.”

“Hey, we are all in this together!” Hyukjae retorted

“hyukjae we don’t know just how suited that thing is for your body. That thing does have side-effects, post demon-mode side-effects.” Siwon voiced his concern and Donghae nodded “If it’s anyone who should be volunteering it’s me, I need to make up for a hell lot of things, right Hyuk?”

Hyukjae sighed and squeezed his forearm gently “Yes and no. Donghae’s and mine shifts are the same, we both shift to wolf, shouldn't the syrum react similarly?”

“Technically yes but we can’t be for sure.” Kyuhyun ran a hand through his hair “ Honestly I’ve studied the properties of that thing more and I’m sure that if for donghae-hyung the side-effects were a few  days with flu, Hyukjae-hyung won’t have a bad time either.”

“Excuse you.” Donghae sniffed disapprovingly “Flu is the worst thing.”

“No, vomiting out blood while having seizures is the worst.” Sungmin growled and Hyukjae gasped, petting him sympathetically.

 

 

23:50

 

“They know everything Gain.”

“Then shut them down” was the cold response Joon got through the receiver, without a hint of shock Joon nodded. Ending the call he pressed a button and his table divided from the middle, revealing a good supply of what looked like bombs and guns. He picked up a poison bomb and a gun, his hands moved fast as he fixed a silencer on them muzzle of the gun, nodded to himself and stuffed a couple of more into his bag. I was unfortunate but the poor souls had brought bad luck upon themselves. Joon’s acid green eyes beamed as he exited his office.

 

Meanwhile a large group of animals of all different sorts were sprinting through the thick cover of the woods, Kangin had shifted to his polar bear form and was currently leading the group of twenty four various creatures behind him. A brown tinted wolf caught up to a jaguar and bumped him lightly “Just our luck eh? Good thing Henry kept his ears and eyes on Joon and overheard the conversation and we made a run earlier.”

The jaguar snorted “I cannot even imagine the look of disappointment on joon’s face.”

Overhead a sheepish looking Peregrine Falcon soared through the air, a proud smile tugging at the corners of its beak as he heard the conversation going on about him, tonight Henry had been their hero and he felt damn good about it.

 

--

Joon on the other hand was certainly not having a pleasant night as he threw the door to his office open, shouting into his phone to Gain about the mansion being half-empty already.