xxi

Strayed

A/N: Let there be war

 

 

There they were, their silhouettes illuminated by the moonlight, the group of animals progressed forth, a determined brigade of shifters and Werewolves progressed down the territory of the northern clan. The plan had been set with the help of Elfs and Fae. The Fae naturally had the ability of creating and manipulating magic, hence they located themselves at a suitable distance for long-range attacks, creating a loose circle around the area that was supposed to become the battlefield . While the Elfs were skilled in battle, they could also provide aerial support thanks to their trained flock of various predatory birds they kept.

Having reached the border and stepping out of the Werewolf territory their large army divided into smaller groups. Hyukjae’s amber eyes glanced up as he witnessed Henry shoot through the air over their heads, soaring silently ahead to scout the area below. The young Falcon bent his head, large glassy eyes observing the forest that lay ahead, leading to the open grassy fields that surrounded their target area: Gain’s mansion.

He didn’t like the feel he got the mansion was too dark. Not a single light lit inside, as if no one was in there. Swerving in the air effortlessly Henry rapidly beat his wings, weaving through the high branches as he descended and landed on a tree branch just above the group of awaiting animals “It’s all clear, too clear and very silent. I don’t like it.”
 The falcon muttered, feathery chest slightly heaving, mostly due to the adrenaline rushing through his system, the thought of going to battle made him nervous.

The Werewolf alpha nodded, they were going to proceed swiftly but with caution, they wanted to end it efficiently and as quickly as possible without many casualties. While Donghae believed that is exactly how it will go, Hyukjae was not that optimistic, it sounded just too good to be true, idealistic even.

Never the less the thought of going into actual battle had them all high on adrenaline and energy. Hyukjae rolled his hackles to relax them under his thick fur, amber orbs sizzling. This nearly felt like dejavu, back in the days when he was once a member of Gain’s organization, fights would always pump him up and he would feel high, feeling nothing could touch him. Feeling that he was invincible.

  They were sneaking through the woods, side-by-side, their pace steadily increasing till they burst forth into a sprint, eyes glowing and adrenaline rushing Hyukjae was somewhere in the middle of the group. The rush of wind, the sight of his ‘comrades’ running by his side, all of them seeming so high a sudden rush of energy made a confident smirk light up his face, his eyes shone and with a sudden increase in gait he burst forth into leading position, limbs pumping paws raking the ground he flew ahead, feeling the surging power of determination and strength that his team provided him

Donghae’s chocolate eyes darted to the wolf who tore ahead, grinning he sped up as well to match his steps with Hyukjae, tongue flailing out of his mouth, the two wolves shared a grin as they thundered over the terrain through the silent night.

 

A storm was coming and they were bringing it.

 

The chilly night howled, heavy dark clouds slithered over the full moon, shadows casting upon the terrain. Fangs already bared, muzzle rippled and eyes lit with an eerie glow, Hyukjae skidded to a stop, Donghae spun to a stop by him, causing the rest to halt immediately, blazing eyes locked ahead.

Gain

Up ahead, Gain stood, apparently all alone. As if she had been awaiting their arrival all along. Hyukjae’s and donghae’s tails were up is a show of dominance, bristled and tensed the wolves snarled, glaring daggers.

“Something does not feel right.” Donghae’s ear tip flickered to the low rumbling of Kangin’s, the polar bear pushed himself up to stand on his hind limbs, sniffing the air. “Henry!” he called out and the Falcon shot forth in a heartbeat, ascending quickly for another aerial view. Something was greatly amiss and they could all feel it.

“I’m feeling sorry for you.” They heard Gain’s hissy words, from behind Hyukjae Siwon snorted dismissively. The stallion slammed his heavy hoof at the ground, his eagerness to run over the python-shifter quiet eminent.

“Such a tiny group of fur balls can do me no harm. I have an army, and what are you? A meager bunch of rebellious children” she followed her words with a hissy giggle.

Hyukjae’s fangs were pressed up against each other so hard that he could feel the pain, gritting them he howled aggressively “Nothing you say affects us, we have nothing to lose! You’re reign ends tonight, with your death.” He was glad he sounded confident.

“Huh, yeah you and what army?” Donghae snorted, body tensed for a signal to move in.

That’s when  Henry came into view, breathlessly screeching “Ambush!! Take cover!!”

 

In a split second something hit Henry with a thwack, the young falcon spiraled down, absolutely limp.

 

It was a chaos after that, loud screams and yells, Hyukjae thought he heard Donghae’s shrill shriek of Henry’s name as the brown wolf darted forth, snatching the limp body of the bird as he lunged for it, landing heavily and making a sharp U-turn to the sidelines while Kangin roared out and barreled towards Gain, several figures jumped at them from all sides crawling out from every direction, they were circled in, surrounded from every side by the enemy. They had literally walked right into it. A loud battlecry was heard and then it was bodies slamming into each other, fangs snapping, gnawing at throats, claws tearing through fur, fans piercing into limbs.

 

“! Heechul!” Jongwoon howled angrily as he burst forth himself, tackling down whoever stood in his way, his subordinates followed. Shifters and Werewolves dispersed in every direction, trying not to be squeezed into a tighter circle and break free from the trap. “Stand your ground Don’t let them tighten the circle! Break it” Hyukjae barked as he moved rapidly, slamming his body into someone who had appeared right in front of Gain.

He let out a rabid growl as he slammed himself into the figure, Joon

That’s when a rush of wind blasted out of nowhere, the clouds rolling above turning from a dark black to a strange purple, lightning struck, selectively hitting the enemies that were tightening the circle around the Shifters and Werewolves. Gain stared up, eyes narrowed in distaste as she hissed.

“Damn those Fae and their witchcraft.”

She turned and hastily retreated into the mansion. Hyukjae saw this and snarled viciously, wrestling with Joon who was still in his human form, thrashing hastily in his haste to go after Gain.

--

Meanwhile Donghae was speeding back into the thick of woods, where they had made a Medical camp of sorts, Henry was the first to get hit, and he delivered the small falcon to the awaiting medics who began to tend to him instantly. Donghae’s eyes were wide with worry, chest heaving as he stared at his friend.

Something snapped within and like an angrily erupting volcano he turned to join the battle, entirely pissed off the wolf sped off, blood lust clear in his dark eyes.

--

“Behind you Kangin!” The Polar bear ducked just in time, a set of claws slashed through the air a few inches above his head. He dropped the limp body in his mouth and with practiced speed spun around, paws lashing out at the Cougar that had tried attacking him. Ears pressed against his skull the bear snarled savagely as he made to grip at the Cougar’s throat, the big-cat whipped back, hissing and spitting in its fury as it launched onto the bear. At the same time the bear felt a set of fang penetrate through his skin from the back. He let out an angry yowl as he was brought down to his side by getting tackled by the cougar.

They are too many, he thought as he tried wrestling off a cougar from front while trying to keep whatever had a hold on him from behind.

--

Donghae burst through the foliage, the scene before him was no less than a war, Shifters and Werewolves battling it out against Gain’s army that seemed to be flowing out from behind the mansion. At this rate they would outnumber the joint forces of the Weres and Shifters.

“Donghae!” he snapped around to witness Tiffany running in. His face lit up as he spotted the large number of elf and an entirely separate flock of large eagles flying in.

 

 

Finally.