xvi

Strayed

A/N double update alert, this and 17 are bieng updated back-to-back

 

 

 

It was over a week without any interaction with Donghae. Hyukjae was half-sure and half-unsure of whether he should approach Donghae by now.

The whole week without each other had really drilled in an understanding, that they simply could not be without each other. Hyukjae had given it a good thought, once the shock had dissipated, he had replayed in his mind that morning when donghae had told him everything.

And then Donghae had said he had meant it, that his feelings were real. Hyukjae would fall asleep with a heavy heart, because the fact remained that Hyukjae himself had grown greatly attached to donghae.

Sungmin’s message that lit his phone up had him staring at it, Sungmin had asked whether he was working that night, usual hours, he had responded with a simple yes and that was it.

He had no idea what was coming.

 

Hyukjae felt him; his scent was in the air. This was not the first time he had felt Donghae’s presence, but something about this time felt so right. Too distracted by it his eyes searched the dining hall filled with several people. His legs moved on their own accord and he ended up at a certain table, with a certain someone seated there, as if awaiting his arrival. Hyukjae noted how he was wearing the exact same clothes he had worn the time Donghae had appeared there for the first time.

That certain someone-Donghae- stood up once Hyukjae was by his side, they gazed at each other for the while, a certain sense of subtle giddiness in between them. Hyukjae lips parted in disbelief stared at a very nervous looking Donghae who shifted his weight.

“My food…”

“I could get a replacement….”

“No! I mean uh, I’d like a dance with you if it’s not too much…”

“…sure.”

It felt like an action replay of their first interaction, difference was, they both felt something and they knew the other felt it too.

The two seemed to be playing along mutually. Soaking in each other’s view the two were indeed having a hard time to remove their gazes from each other.

 Hyukjae lead him to the dance floor and damned be the pianist but at the same time bless his soul as he shifted to a romantic number just in time as the two arrived on the floor. Donghae, on purpose, reached out to place his hand on Hyukjae’s waist- just like their first dance- who once again gently directed it to his shoulder. A coy smile tugged at the corner of Donghae’s lips as they began to move.

Introduce the real Donghae to him tonight, Sungmin had hastily muttered as he had shoved Donghae out the door.

“I’m Donghae..” he started slowly, Hyukjae’s gaze wandered all over his face “..I’m 25. I’ve heard much about you through a person named Gain, used to work for her,  I’m a wolf-shifter and I can sense that so are you, I’m more of a cat-person. I love the color blue the most, but I love every color, it’s said they all suit me well. I have a cousin who is more like a brother, Sungmin, he’s the one who took care of me after my father mysteriously disappeared. My mother was long gone by then. I love hanging around at Sungmin-hyung’s café. I used to work with an organization where I was made to manipulate people and reel them in, I quit that job ever since my last target changed me inside out, ever since then I’m a changed man. There’s a person I used to like, now he’s someone I cherish as one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I told him I once lied to him and he got mad and shocked but I just can’t be without him anymore, because everything I feel for him is as true as the air we are breathing right now. I would beg him for another chance; do whatever to win the trust. Cherish and love him in a way he never regrets…yes, love. I do love him. I was wondering if I could be allowed to cherish that person more….What about you?”

Hyukjae had remained silent throughout Donghae’s hushed little speech, the most loving expression lit his face. A helpless little scrunching of brows, large and purely brown eyes glistening with hope and promises. His thin lips stretched out in the most amazing and tender smile.

Hyukjae felt his heart flutter, he felt so light-headed and full of emotions. Donghae had basically just told him he loved him, the insistent plucking of the strings of Hyukjae’s heart was making it hard to breathe. Hyukjae had not exactly expected this much, donghae just always had it in him to catch Hyukjae by surprise, the earnestness that swam within Donghae’s eyes gave Hyukjae a hard time not believing the other, this was the first time he was seeing such an expression on his face, this was probably the real Donghae talking. He tried blinking away the moistness he felt in his eyes somewhere a guitar strung a slow note, the piano followed and the violin began.  Was it just him or the whole world was dimming out? The several sounds faded, the musical tunes lingering and floating  to them from afar. Suddenly it was just the two of them and nothing else mattered.

“Hello Donghae..” Hyukjae whispered through lips that were ever so slowly stretching in the smile Donghae loved…

Oh how he loved it. Loved him.

“I’m Hyukjae, a year older than you but just call me by my name. I work here as a head manager. I’m a wolf-shifter, I like all colors as well but I like pink a lot more ever since I met someone, the way his cheeks glow a light pink is the most perfect sight I’ve ever beheld.” He felt Donghae’s hand twitch upon his shoulder, fingers pressing into the suit jacket Hyukjae wore, but he carried on, they kept moving their feet slowly to the tunes and Hyukjae’s face inched closer, lips tilted in Donghae’s ear’s direction “I was casted out of the orphanage run by humans once they realized I was not human. I struggled for years but managed to get a job, gradually a place to live. I lived a closed life, I just never allowed myself to get a taste of the world or different people, and it changed when I met a certain person. I felt alive; I looked forward to waking up to his thoughts and falling asleep with a smile. Things went downhill. He had lied to me, broken my heart by telling me that part of his feelings were never real…”

Hyukjae’s trailed off and dropped his gaze, Donghae gulped, anxiety flooding his mind

“But you know what…he told me that, that bastard angered me but frustrated me as well, because he showed that he cared about me. He went against the orders of a person I know to be a witch, he was not afraid to own up to it and all this time I’m near to going insane because I ing care for him, so much. That idiot was…is so persistent, he haunts me when he’s not around and when he is, I love it. I think I love him. I would love to work it out with him. I wonder whether that can happen.”

“M-maybe you should give him a chance.”

“ I think I should”

Hyukjae was already pressing their foreheads together. Tearful eyes peering into each other, one pair of eyes pleading for forgiveness, the other gazing deep into them. Hyukjae was not going to fight it, if donghae was here, asking for forgiveness and expressing himself like this, it had to mean something.

Donghae took a shuddering breath, closing his eyes momentarily as Hyukjae’s words sank in, he let each and every one of them echo in his mind, loving their sound and then he felt soft, probing lips on his own.

I love you too

He felt his heart beat drop drastically, warmth glided through his body and he felt his knees weaken. Hyukjae’s hand caressed over the back of his head. The plump lips pressed and brushed over his, guarded at first, Donghae responded tentatively, tilting his head, asking for more. Hyukjae’s reply was by generously deepening the kiss. Ecstasy shot through Donghae that made his heartbeat abruptly grow wild. It started slow and turned into breathless caresses and pecks, full of meaning, heartache and forgiveness as they translated their sentiments to each other. Donghae’s hand clenched onto the collar of Hyukjae’s shirt as he pulled him closer, bodies pressed into each other. He was never letting go.

No words were needed in that moment. 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I felt the need of breaking this up in two parts, don't worry i'm not going to be evil and upload the second part tomorrow or something.

Or I might just do exactly that lol.

 

In other news, yaay Eunhae are back~ I tried making their interaction interesting n_n