chapter 8

the Lee brothers

Taemin pov

After 20 minutes of waiting everybody else returned.

“Good I’m Eunhyuk, one of your dance teacher. I don’t like to start late. This means that next lesson you will be here in your dance uniform completely warmed up and ready for the lesson. If you’re late or you don’t have the right uniform you can turn around and leave the room. There are a lot of people who would love to be here so you better show us you deserve it.”

He looks at everybody and you can see that he is serious.

“Okay let’s start the lesson. You have 10 minutes to warm up. I don’t think I will have to learn you that.”

Everybody starts stretching and warming up. I look around and see what everybody else does. I’m not really used to it. Normally I just start dancing. Kai looks at me and motions to follow him.

After 10 minutes of warming up Eunhyuk puts on the music.

“Okay follow me.”

He starts doing some moves. First to the left, then the right, then some sort of spin followed by dropping on the floor and getting up again. Then he starts all over again.

Crap this is hard. I try to follow, but every time we get to the spin I get stuck. I can’t stay stable.

I lose my balance everytime. When I look around I see that everybody can do it flawless.

“Okay that’s it for today. Since we started late we can’t do more. Make sure you can do this by the next lesson because I will not repeat it again. We started off easy and next time it will be harder.”

Everybody nods and leaves the room.

Right before I can leave I feel a hand on my shoulder pulling me back. I turn around and see Eunhyuk holding me.

“That is an easy spin boy. You will have to be able to do it right by next time. If you can’t you will have trouble in this class. If  you fail this class you will have to leave the school.”

Before I can react he walks out of the room.

.

I leave the room to and go to the dressing room where I get changed and run to the next class history.

I run in and see that Kai kept a seat for me.

The day advances slowly and all I think about is that stupid spin.

At the end of the day I say goodbye to everybody and run back to the dressing room. I get changed and look for an empty dance room.

I warm up the way Kai showed me and start practicing the spin. Falling down countless of times.

I try to remember how Eunhyuk did it and I don’t see what I’m doing wrong.

I try and try and try.

After falling down for the 50th time I stay on the ground, hitting it with my hands and legs, screaming on top of my lungs. Nobody is here so I don’t have to act like a grown up.

I get back up again and try again and again. I have to do this spin, I can’t quit this school. Not after everything that happened. I have to show them that I can do this.

 

Donghae pov

I left for work around 10pm and Taemin still wasn’t home. Right know it’s 11.30.

Is he already home? What is he doing? Did something happen? Why did that brat leave his phone with his mother? Why didn’t he buy a new one??

I take out my phone and call Heechul.

“What is it Donghae, I’m kind of busy now.”

“Can you check if Taemin is home already? His school ended at 6.30 and he wasn’t home when I left.”

“Okay I will go check.”

10 minutes later I get a text.

                From: Heechul

                To: Donghae

                Little guy isn’t home, I called the gang we will go look for him. Don’t worry.

 

Crap what is that kid doing.

 

Taemin pov

I walk over to my bag to drink some water, only to notice that my bottle is empty.

I look at the clock on the wall and see that it’s already 12 pm.

Let’s take a shower and go home. We can try again tomorrow.

When I leave the building a body collides with mine.

We both fall down to the ground. I’m to exhausted from dancing to stay up on my feet.

“Yah are you nuts, what where you doing here so late. Do you know how worried I was. Do you know how worried your hyung was. The gang has been looking for you all over the town. We thought you were getting harassed again by some weirdo. Or maybe you lost your way or something.” Heechul hyung says while searching my body for injuries.

He quickly takes out his cell to sent a text.

Then he grabs my arm and pulls me into his car before driving me home.

“Are you hungry?”

“No thanks I think I will go to sleep now.”

“Did you eat already?”

“Yes I ate at school.” A little lie won’t hurt will it? “Sleep tight” I say and walk to my room before he can say anything else.

I fall asleep immediately.

The next morning I come down to the kitchen to see some food on the table with a note.

 

Taemin,

Eat this, your lunch box is in the fridge.

You really have to buy a new phone.

Let’s go shopping this weekend.

Donghae

 

I eat the food, happy that he made me some. I was already worrying about what I should do.

Afterwards I quickly go to school.

Today we start off with theory lessons.

After lunch the dance lessons start.

Everybody is on time and warmed up by the time Eunhyuk enters the room.

He starts with the excersis from yesterday. He does it 5 times and instead of dancing along I just watch, making sure I see his spin. Trying to find out what I did wrong.

While watching I can see some subtle differences. The way he holds his foot, the way he holds his fingers and hands. Where his head is and where he is looking.

After five times he moves on to the rest of the dance.  This time I watch the first 3 times before I join in. Most of it is okay even though I’m a bit late.

Everybody leaves the room and I stay behind again practicing the dance.

After 10 more spins I finally get the hang of it. Just to make sure I really got it I do 50 more spins. After that I practice the entire dance we did so far.

Suddenly I hear applause. I stop and turn around.

Eunhyuk is standing in the door opening.

“That’s pretty good. But now you have to go home. It’s good to see a student trying so hard, but a good dancer needs to let his body rest.”

I nod, looking at the clock in the room I see that it’s already 10.15 pm. I shower, get dressed and walk out of the school to the bus stop.

When I arrive home I notice that my Key disappeared. This isn’t the first time I lost something, let’s just say I have magic hands.

I search through my back a couple of times and finally decide to go to Donghae’s work.

There is a big line and I’m too young to enter. Besides I don’t want to disturb my hyung. I don’t want him to think that I’m a little kid that decides to annoy him at work. So I just wait at the side of the building. Hoping he will take a break soon.