chapter 7

the Lee brothers

Donghae Pov

Two weeks passed quickly and today is Taemin’s first day at his new school.

It’s 6 am in the morning and I’m walking home from work.

When I open the front door I hear a loud crash and a scream. I run to the kitchen and see Taemin standing there holding his hand and the kitchen looks like a tornado just past.

“Are you okay?” I slowly walk closer to him, trying to walk around the mess.

He looks at me shocked the moment he realizes I’m home. He quickly puts his hand behind his back “Yes I’m fine.”

“Show me your hand.”

He shows me one of his hands, the one that isn’t hurt.

“Now show me the other.”

He looks down and slowly shows his other hand. It isn’t that serious. The way he screamed I thought he would be dying, but it’s just a small cut on his finger.

“Follow me.”

I pull him out of the kitchen and take him to the bathroom.

I quickly take out the first aid kid and start to treat his wounds.

“I think I will have to buy some new stuff for the first aid kid if you are going to stay here.” I say with a smile on my face. Hoping that joking around will make him less tense.

“I’m sorry.” He whispers softly.

I raise my hand and he moves backward immediately almost as if he is afraid that I will hit him. It kind of hurts me that he reacts like this.

As if nothing happened I move my hand to his head a pat it softly.

“Now why don’t you go put on some clean clothes while I make you some breakfast and clean up the kitchen.” I smile while I push him to his room.

I stretch myself and start to make breakfast. When it’s done I put it on the table, afterwards I clean the kitchen.

I’m completely exhausted, I had a long day of work. But I try to hide, if I show it he will feel even more down.

When I’m done I walk into the linving room, only to see that Taemin didn't touch the food yet.

“Why aren’t you eating?”

“I was waiting for you.” He looks me into the eyes. He has a straight face on but he is fidgeting with his shirt. So I just smile and sit down.

I’m not hungry but I eat anyway.

He quickly eats the foot. After 20 minutes he finished everything and is ready to leave.

“Bye Tae.” I give him a big hug. “Have fun at your new school, see you tonight.”

“Yes, see you later hyung.” He lets go of me and walks out of the door.

I walk to the couch and fall asleep right away, I’m too tired to go to my room.

 

Taemin Pov

Ugh I screwed up this morning. I wanted to show him that I’m a grown up man by making breakfast. Who knew that it would be that hard. Now he must think I’m a little kid.

I look at my clock at realize I only have 5 minutes to get my bus. So I quickly start a sprint and get at the bus stop just in time.

I hop on the bus and set off to school.

I arrive in the school and it’s enormous. I’m happy that they put up signs showing the direction we have to go.

I just follow the sign first years. I stop in front of a door. Student administration it says.

I softly knock and open the door.

“Can I help you?” an old lady asks behind a desk.

“Hello” I say as I bow 90°.”I’m Taemin, I’m a new student.”

“Ooh such a polite boy. Are you a first year?”

“Yes ma’m.”

She quickly takes a couple of papers and a bag.

“This is your schedule, this is a list with the names of your teachers. In this bag you can find your school uniform. Since we are a dance school you also have a dance uniform You are expected to wear this every day at your dance classes and at any contest you enter. “

I just nod as I take the stuff.

“You can change into your school uniform in one off the changing rooms. Ooh yes, here is the code to your locker. Since you are a first year, your locker is on the first floor.”

“Okay thank you.” I say as I bow down again.

I walk out of the office and look for my locker. I quickly put my stuff in it. Afterwards I walk to a changing room and change into my uniform.

It’s just a normal school uniform. It’s a grey pants, with a white button up shirt, a tie and a grey vest. I’m happy that it doesn’t has a nametag. I don’t like people just knowing my name.

But because my first class is a dance class I changed into the loose gray pants and shirt with the school emblem. Also a nice grey hoody with the emblem.

While I’m changing another boy walks in.

“Hey I’m Kai.” He smiles while waving at me. “Are you a first year too?”

I just nod and continue to pull up my pants.

“What’s your name?”

“I’m Taemin.”

“Hi Taemin, let’s be friends.” He smiled

We both finished changing at the same time en the moment we left the changing room he put his arm around my shoulder as if we’ve been friends for years.

He pulled me along and grabbed my schedule out of my hands.

“Oooh we have the same classes. The first one is a dance class. Let’s go.”

He chatted all the way to one off the dance rooms. I just nodded and answered shortly. By the time we entered the dance room it looked like we had been friends for years.

We aren’t the only people there. There are 3 other boys and 5 girls in the room.

Everybody is looking nervous, not knowing what to do on the first day.

Kai and I are the only ones in our dance clothes. The rest is wearing their school uniform.

“Are we wearing the wrong clothes?” I ask, not wanting to make a mistake on my first day.

“Maybe we should change to be sure.” He whispers back.

But before we can turn around the door swings open and a good looking guy enters. With just one look at his body you can see that he is a great dancer. He’s wearing an loose pants and a wifebeater. You can see he has muscles in all the right places.

He closes the door behind him and walks to the front.

He looks around his eyes stopping at Kai and me for a moment.

“I think some of you are lost. This is a dance class. Can the people who are in the wrong class leave the room.” He says with a stern voice.

I look around, but nobody moves.

“From what I see only two people can stay.” He points to Kai and me. “They are the only people wearing a dance uniform.”

I look at Kai and he has a smile on his face. He puts his hand on my shoulder again and leads me further into the room.

Everybody else looks shocked.

“Since it’s the first day I will forgive you. You can go change. Next time I want you in your right uniform, else you will have to leave.”

Everybody quickly turns around and runs away to get changed.