chapter 11

the Lee brothers

Eunhyuk pov

I pretend to be asleep while he puts me down on the couch. I can feel his breath in my face. He must be really close now. Will he kiss me? I wait patiently for the feeling of his lips against mine.

Wait do I want to??

“You can open your eyes now. I know you are awake.” He whispers softly, his breath touching my lips with each word he says. “Or where you waiting for this?”

I feel his lips press against mine. Wait was I waiting for this? Shouldn’t I do something?

But before I can react his lips leave mine already. The feeling was too short. He should have kissed me some more. He should have taken advantage.

Wait… No what am I thinking??

“So are you going to open your eyes or should I kiss you again?” He whispers in my ear with his y voice.

Should I open my eyes? Should I keep them closed?

Why am I even doubting?? I should just open them, I have a girlfriend and I’m completely happy.

I open my eyes and look straight into his.

Wooow they are so beautiful. I feel myself being in by those magical orbs.

“Are you going to keep staring into my eyes or should I kiss you again?” His words completely breaking the spell I was under.

“Tssssh as if. Who would want to kiss somebody he sees for the first time.”

“The first time? If I remember we did a lot more then kissing the first time we met.” A y smirk appears on his face, making him look dangerously hot.

“W..What are y..you talking about. I don’t know you.” I can feel my face heating up. I must look completely red right now.

“Realy? Well I’m Donghae. Should I make you remember.” He whispers suggestively.

Part of me really wants to know what how he is going to make me remember. I can feel my heart beating in my chest in anticipation. Wait I only just found out his name and yet I couldn’t forget the guy.

Crap what should I do?? I really should stop thinking like this. I can’t go any further.

I have a girlfriend and besides he is the brother of one of my students.

 

*BANG*  

 

A loud bang sounds through the house.

Donghae’s eyes turn big. He jumps up and runs out of the room.

I quickly follow after him, but damn that guy is fast. I run up the stairs as fast as I can.

“Taemin!!! TAE!! Are you okay??? Open your eyes!!!”  

When I come upstairs I see him pick up Taemin from the ground and run past me again down the stairs.

“What are you doing?” I ask while I run after him.

“I’m taking him to the hospital.” He says while putting on his shoes.

The player completely gone, only leaving a frantic worried guy behind.

I put my hand on his shoulder keeping him inside.

“Are you really taking him like that?” I ask looking at Taemin.

Donghae looks down. Probably only realizing now that the kid is only wearing his boxers.

“I.. I…”

I grab both of his shoulders and turn him around. I gently push him upstairs.

“Put him in his bed.” I say softly trying to calm him down with my voice.

“But.. I..”

“Now.” I say with more authority in my voice.

He looks at me, his eyes filled with worry, but he nods and walks into a room.

He puts Taemin down softly on the bed and looks at me as if he’s asking me to fix it.

I walk over to Taemin and put my hand in his head. I can feel he’s burning up.  He probably stayed into his wet clothes for too long and the fact that it’s cold outside didn’t improve his condition.

“Bring me some water and something to wipe the sweat of his face.”

He turn around and runs out of the room.

I walk to the closet and take a loose pant and a shirt out. I quickly dress Taemin and cover him with the blankets, making sure he isn’t cold anymore.

Donghae enters the room again and gives me a small towel and a basin with water.

I start dipping the towel into the basin and softly rub it over his face.

“Thanks” I look up and see Donghae standing beside the bed fidgeting with his fingers a worried look still on his face. “I don’t know what I would have done if you weren’t here.”

He sounds so broken.

I can’t help but stand up and pat his shoulder. “It’s going to be okay. It’s probably just a cold.”

He looks into my eyes and before I can do anything else he hugs me tight.

His head resting on my shoulder. I can feel his tears wetting my shirt.

I softly start to pad his back, not knowing what else to do.

After a while his sobs slowly start to quiet down, but he doesn’t let go of me.

“Why didn’t he just come inside?” He softly whispers.

“He said he wasn’t a little kid anymore, that he could take care of himself.” I answer

“I wish he would rely on me more, just like he did when we were kids.” Donghae answers me.

“Why doesn’t he?” I ask.

I don’t think I should ask, it really isn’t any of my business. But I can’t hold in the feeling of wanting to know everything about him.

He slowly let’s go of me, sits down on the bed beside Taemin and starts his story, his eyes never leaving his brother.

“I don’t know. When we were kids are parents split up. After 5 years I found him, but he looked so different. He was wearing a classy uniform and leaving an expensive school. The way he walked and talked he looked like a stranger. I didn’t dare to walk up to him. After another 5 years I found him again, but this time my friends brought him in. They found him being harassed by some guy. After that we kept meeting each other. But he never showed his old self to me. He completely changed. When I found out he loved to dance I encouraged him. It was the only time I could see a spark of his old self. When he danced he looked so happy and so carefree. So I told him to apply for the school and so he did.”

I didn’t want to interrupt him so I just listen to his story. He looked so sad when he was talking.

“Then one day he was on my doorstep and told me our mother kicked him out because he got into the academy. I found out his mother’s boyfriend beat him up roughly. So I told him to cry. That was the second time I saw him cry after he changed. Even today when he was harassed he never cried. The only thing he says is that he is grown up and that he can take care of himself.”

I move closer and start to pat his head softly.

“He almost burned down the house while trying to make his breakfast and lunchbox.” Donghae laughs sadly. I can see that he really cares for his brother. “I wish he would just let me know how he feels. I wish he would just be himself again.”

“Uugh..” Taemin opens his eyes slowly. 

-------------------------

Sorry I didn't update last weekend I was to bussy. But to make it okay I will update on sunday again.