Repercussions

Give me 100 days

I shook her hand smiling.

"It's nice to meet you too Kiko"

"The way Jiyong talks about you it sounds like you're perfect" She said laughing

"Yeah, he does seem to exaggerate things. I'm far from perfect." I told her "So how do you know Jiyong?" 

"Well we-" She was cut off by the appearance of Jiyong at my side. 

"Kiko" Jiyong said with a stern face. I could sense some sort of tension between the two of them. 

"Jiyong" She returned his greeting "I was just introducing myself to your girlfriend"

"I can see what your doing" He replied still staring at here sternly. "Lola, are you ready to go? It's getting late and I'm tired"

"Yeah of course" I said "It was lovely meeting you" I managed to get out as Jiyong dragged me towards the exit.

"Jiyong can we slow down please? I can't walk so quickly in heels" I shouted to him as we made our way quickly out of the club

"I'm sorry" Jiyong said, slowing his pace and letting go of my arm.

We walked to the car that was waiting for us in silence. Jiyong seemed so happy earlier, I put it down to him being tired. 

I was coming out of the bathroom after washing up when Jiyong pounced on me. His kiss was harsh and full of force, knocking the wind out of me. It hurt and I had trouble catching my breath. I pushed him away with all my strength. 

"I'm sorry Lola" Jiyong said after realizing his actions "I just wanted to show you how much you mean to me"

"You don't need to show me Jiyong, I know." I said placing a hand upon his cheek "Is everything ok?" I asked

He paused for sometime, it was obvious that not everything was ok. I didn't want to push the subject though, so when he told me all was fine I let him think that I believed him. 

----–––

We spent the weekend together, staying in the apartment and enjoying each other's company. Jiyong was much more clingy in his behavior with me so when I had to leave for work on Monday it was difficult to say goodbye. 

Before I knew it lunch time had arrived and I grabbed food for Minji and myself and made my way to her office. 

"How was the party after I left?" Minji asked

"We didn't stay for too long after you left. Jiyong said he was tired so we left, but I felt it was excuse of someone he met." I told Minji

Minji gave me a look of encouragement 

"I was listening to a voicemail from Hyunsoo, I'll tell you about that later, and this girl came over to introduce herself. I thought she was nice enough but when Jiyong came outside and found us he was very stand off-ish. Her name is Kiko" 

"That makes sense" Minji said "They were rumored to be dating, before you came here of course"

"But why wouldn't he feel the need to tell me who she was. I don't care, I'm the one with him now" I said finishing my lunch

"Maybe he's unsure of your reaction, he obviously still keeps in contact with her if she was at the party. I think you should ask him. I'm guessing that you'll see him tonight?" 

"Yeah, he stayed over all weekend" I said, not being able to keep the smile off of my face.

"TMI!" Shouted Minji

"Nothing happened!" I laughed 

I proceeded to tell Minji about the voicemail that I had received from Hyunsoo.

"He just seems too much when it comes to you. He's coming off too strong" Minji said

"Especially for a newlywed" I agreed 

As if he knew we were talking about him he can inside Minji's office.

"Yeeun told me you were in here Lola, if you're finished your lunch could I have a word with you in my office?" 

I nodded and followed him to his office.

"So how did your test go?" He asked when I closed the door

"I'm not sure. I won't know the results for a few days" I lied. 

"Where do you do your classes?" He asked turning his iPad on

"At Ewha university" I said, I felt like he was asking too many questions

"That's odd because when I went out Friday night I saw a girl who looked just like you in the VIP area of mercury nightclub. The young woman looked just like you and her friend look just like Minji. She was acting very close to a man named Jiyong, I've met him a few times. Isn't that strange? Didn't the card on those flowers you received say the sender's name was Jiyong?" 

"It must be a coincidence. Are you sure it was me?" I asked trying to act as calm as possible.

"Positive" he said showing me the screen in his iPad. 

The screen held an image of me, there was no getting away with it. I had been caught lying to my boss. He scrolled through the photos, some were of Minji and I others were of Jiyong and I in provocative poses. So not only had I been caught lying to my boss about why I couldn't make a company dinner, I had also dragged Minji into my lie and been caught with Jiyong. . 

"You will have to deal with the repercussions or your actions. I don't know if I can have a liar working for me. For know you can take leave, I will have decided your punishment tomorrow. Don't be surprised if you have to pack your bags for England" he said nonchalantly 

"I'm really sorry sir. I had already made those plans and I didn't want to let anyone down. Please don't send me home. I'm really starting to like it here. What can I do to sort this mess out?" I pleaded

"There is one thing" he said leaning back in his chair.