Keeping Quiet

Give me 100 days

I woke feeling dread about the day ahead, I really felt like calling in sick but I knew it wouldn't be the best option. I had called Minji on my way home last night and told her everything that had happened, she wasn't surprised but let me know that she would have my back today at work. 

I was in two minds about telling Jiyong what went on, there was not much he could whilst in another country. So I sent him a message saying I had a lot to tell him about what happened. He replied almost straight away reminding me that he would be home in a few days to kick his . 

That didn't make me feel any better, I just wanted to forget about everything that had happened but knew it wouldn't be easy. 

I held my breath as I entered the floor which my office is on, expecting there to be whispers and stares but there was none. It was apparent that what happened between Hyunsoo and I had not been made public knowledge. I waved at Minji who was sitting at her desk and I entered my office taking my coat and gloves off and starting the computer up. 

I had just opened an email when the door opened. In came Hyunsoo.

"Your old boss from England is arriving on Monday to look around this office and attend some important meetings in person. As far as he knows everything is fine between us and we have a good professional relationship." He said

"I don't know how well I can lie"

"Well you need to start practicing because a lot rides on his happiness at how the partnership is working. If he's not happy I lose a lot of business and a lot of money." 

I shrugged my shoulders and continued my work

"Believe me when I say I haven't forgotten what happened last night and I mean what I said. I always get my own way" He said closing the door

I shuddered in disgust, at least I had some time apart from Hyunsoo when my previous boss arrived. I knew I wouldn't say anything, he wouldn't care. I was Hyunsoo's responsibility now and neither cared about an assistant like me when there were so many people desperate for a job. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The time spent with my boss from England was little but when he did visit me in my office I chose not to tell him about Hyunsoo's behavior towards me. I also had a lot to lose if I got fired, it wasn't worth it. 

Although Jiyong had been back from Japan for 24 hours I had yet to see him as he had to continue promotions in Korea. I really missed him even if we did speak on the phone once a day, it wasn't the same without him next to me. 

We ended the week with a Hwaeshik and I was happy to be seated on the other end of the table from Hyunsoo. Minji sat opposite me and a new girl, Eunae to my right. 

The meal was Korean BBQ, something that I had grown fond of as it reminded me of my first date with Jiyong after Namsan Tower. 

As the night wore on Hyunsoo decided to stand up and asked for silence whilst he made a speech.

"Thank you for being here tonight, I hope everyone is having a good time. I want to say how pleased I am at every ones hard work and partnership this last week whilst we had our friends from England over. It has been successful and our company keeps expanding for the better. I would also like everyone to welcome our new employee Eunae, although she is yet to start I invited her tonight to introduce herself and make her start a comfortable one."

Everyone gave a round of applause once he sat down, I joined in on the clapping as I didn't want to raise any suspicion. 

"So Eunae, we haven't been told where you'll be working?" I inquired 

"I've been hired to take over as Mr. Park's new PA" She said cheerfully.

I couldn't help but look in the direction of Hyunsoo, he must have heard what Eunae said as he was smiling smugly at me. 

He got up to use the restroom and I followed.

"What is this? I've been replaced with no warning?" I hissed

"Yeah, you're no good as a personal assistant, I need someone who will be prepared to complete the most personal of jobs for me, something you have said you won't do"

"You are truly disgusting. How old is she? 19? If that!" I said in disbelief

"Don't worry, you won't be leaving our company just yet. You still have some time to think about my proposition. Until then you will working in archives." He smirked before walking off "See you on Monday"