Moving Forward

Give me 100 days

Our office was small but as there was only two of us it worked well. Minzy's father had helped us find the space, the rent was low and the location was a little north of Gangnam but it had the added bonus of no Hyunsoo. It had been four weeks since I left Park Relations and had not seen nor heard of him since leaving the office the day he signed my visa release form. 

It soon dawned on me that I had been in Korea for 10 weeks already. It was almost Christmas and that feeling of homesickness that I had not experienced recently was returning. Christmas was my favorite celebration, it always had been. The music, food, gift giving and quality time with those that I loved made me realize how far away I was from home. 

However, I had now stepped into a commitment with Minji and we were running a business together for the foreseeable future. Now was not the time to return home. Maybe next year I could spend Christmas in England. 

From the meetings we had set up previously we ended up making contracts with four of them. They were medium sized companies based in Seoul. Four was the perfect number for our small and newly created PR company. 

Jiyong's contacts had gotten us far and one of the businesses we had taken on was YG. It was a big deal and when they offered us a contract we had to say yes, even if it meant more work on top of what we did for the other four businesses. 

I would occasionally see Jiyong at YG but we would pretend we didn't know each other and always laugh about how polite we were to each other afterwards. However that didn't stop the occasional make our session inside a closet or in his studio when no one was looking. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jiyong and I weren't seeing each other as often as we had been. Jiyong was busy with preparations for a new Big Bang Korean album and I was busy with starting up a new company. 

It had been a little over a week of not seeing him when he arrived at our office with a silly smile on his face. 

"Lola! Are you ready to go?" He shouted

Minji couldn't help but laugh at his behavior.

"Where are we going? This is out of the blue. I have work to do, you could have called" I said

"Where would the romance in that be?" He asked kissing my hand

"You are too cheesy" I said pushing him gently

"I called Minji before hand to let her know I was taking you out. She has you covered, so lets go!" He said grabbing my coat off of the hook.

I sighed in defeat taking my coat from him.

"I'll be back soon Minji" I said before closing the door

"Here's the perfect winter couple activity!" He said as we arrived at the ice skating rink. 

He was right about that. He had paid for us to be the only customers on the rink and as it was the middle of the day there was hardly anyone about. 

We took to the ice, holding hands. Laughing when one of us wobbled. It took my mind off of the recent stress of setting the business up and all the trouble I had with Hyunsoo. Jiyong really knew when to cheer me up. 

Jiyong let go of my hand and tried to do some moves similar to something seen in blades of glory. I laughed at his lame attempts.

"I wouldn't enter the winter Olympics" I laughed when he asked me for a score

"YA!" He shouted pretending to be offended but his smirk gave him away

I skated after him trying to catch him for a hug but he skated off when I got close to him. Boy, was he quick. Every time I would get within grabbing distance he would skate off laughing.

"Bad Yongie" I shouted after my failed attempts.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We worked up an appetite with our childish games on the ice, so Jiyong mentioned visiting a restaurant in Itaewon that I had not been to.

We entered and it looked exactly like an English pub, with a fake fireplace and wooden beams across the ceiling. They served ale and the food was typical of a pub.

"Your tables ready" Said a guy behind the bar as he led us to a back room. We sat down and the waiter left

"Is he not going to give us a menu?" I laughed at the waiters absence

 "We don't need a menu, I've ordered for you" Jiyong smiled, leaning back in his chair.

I gave him a confused face just as two waiters returned with a bottle of wine and two plates of food. I gasped when I saw what had been placed in front of me

"Merry Christmas, I hope this is right" Jiyong said pouring the wine. 

My plate contained the food that was eaten for Christmas in England: Turkey, roasted potatoes, vegetables, stuffing and gravy.

"I know that you're missing home, so I thought that this could make it slightly better" He said

I got up and kissed him on the lips

"You're pretty amazing Jiyongie" I said sitting down "Thank you for this"

As tradition after a large Christmas meal, We couldn't move. There was so much food and I told Jiyong i felt guilty for eating it all plus desert.

"It's Christmas!" He laughed "Isn't that what happens?" 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As we left the pub I read a message on my phone from Minji telling me she had finished the work that was needed to be finished for today and had gone home early. She also told me not to go to the office and enjoy the rest of the day with Jiyong.

As we were stuffed from the food we had just ate, Jiyong and I decided to head back to mine. 

I stopped in my tracks once I had walked into the living room of my apartment. There was a 6ft fir tree near the window and a box with ornaments and decorations hanging out of the top. 

"I had this delivered today. Do you know how hard it is to find Christmas decorations in Korea?" He said Taking his sweater off "I thought we could decorate the tree together" He said wrapping his arms around my waist.

I felt like crying, he had gone to so much effort to make me comfortable at this time of year. 

"Thank you Jiyong, again" I said hugging him "You're far too good for me"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After decorating the tree and the apartment Jiyong pulled out a bag of gifts. He told me that these were from him to me and I could not open them until Christmas morning. I laughed and decided to give him my gifts that I had hid in a suitcase. 

We then watched 'The Grinch' on my laptop and decided to call it a night. 

"Thanks for today Yongie" I said as we cuddled in bed "It's made the homesickness go away"

"No problem, Lola. I've always told you I wouldn't want you to feel sad." He said kissing my cheek

"I don't think I can thank you enough for all the things you've done for me since I've been here, it means a lot. I just don't know where to start saying thank you" 

"Well there is one thing you can do...." He said raising his eyebrow

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

Just a quick message to explain about Christmas in Korea. As I am led to believe, it's more of a visual than a holiday. It's hard to find Christmas related stuff in residential areas outside of the big cities. Decorations would be difficult to find and there wouldn't be Christmas food that we have as available. So imagine how it must feel to be so far away from home at a time of year that if family orientated and not even have the Christmas feel to the new city you are living in. Poor Lola.

As always thank you for reading and subscribing and the comments. Your support means a lot.

Enjoy the fluffiness of Lola and Jiyong, it might not be around for long.....

xoxo