Revelations and Secrets

Give me 100 days

It had been two days since I was admitted to hospital and one since I had been discharged. I had not seen nor heard from Jiyong since his visit at the hospital. Minji had forbid me from working until the new year. 

I was in Forever 21 when I felt my phone vibrate, it was YG. I had not spoken to him since I found out about Jiyong's engagement. I answered the phone

"Lola, are you free? I need to see you in my office immediately" He said 

"I'm sorry sir but Minji is responsible for and PR work for you. Have you called her?" I asked

"Yes, she is coming in as well. I don't need your advice on how to deal with a story" He paused "This story concerns you"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was true what he said about calling Minji before, she was sitting at the table when I entered the room. I sat down next to her and prepared myself for what information they had on me.

"I was sent these this morning. Now somebody better tell me what the hell is going on!" His voice was stern handing me an envelope

I opened the envelope and saw numerous photographs of Jiyong and I: Ice skating, by the Han river, on the beach, kissing and holding hands. The dates on the photographs indicated that if these were released the public would know Jiyong was seeing both Kiko and I at the same time.

I put the photos back and looked at YG. His arms were crossed over his chest and his expression read unhappy.

"So?" He questioned

"Is Jiyong not here?" I asked

"No, we can't get in contact with him" Said another member of staff

"Jiyong and I have....had been dating for two months. I thought Kiko was his ex. It wasn't until he stood me up and I went to find him did I find out that they were together and soon to be married." I sighed. I hated everyone knowing about what had happened. Jiyong had made a fool out of me and now everyone knew it.

"Why wasn't I told this earlier?" YG asked

"We didn't want anyone knowing because our relationship was in the early stages. Hyunsoo didn't like us dating, well he didn't want me dating anyone but him. Jiyong didn't want the fans to react badly towards me and then Minji and I started our business, we didn't want people thinking that we had got where we were because of my boyfriend."

"Thank you for explaining this to me. Now I understand the conversation between Jiyong and you the other night. You can leave now Lola if you wish. Minji can handle the PR. I just don't know how we can avoid this from coming out before their wedding. It's next week."

"They're getting married next week?" I asked shocked at the suddenness of things

"Yes, Kiko wanted to get married on new years eve. However, no one has seen Jiyong for a few days so we don't know what will happen" He said putting his hands over his face. "Lola, let me walk you out"

YG and I left the office and entered the elevator. 

"I knew about you and Jiyong. He told me when he recommended you and Minji. I haven't seen him this happy in a while. I was just as shocked as you when I found out about him and Kiko."

I remained quiet, not knowing what to say.

"Please don't ever think that he was using you to fulfill a fantasy. The way he talked about you...He wasn't with you for that. He truly cared for you. I believe he still does." 

"Thank you sir. I'll try calling him" I said bowing and leaving the building. 

I was so confused as I pulled my phone out. I found Jiyong's number in my contacts and pressed call.

The phone went straight to voicemail:

'Jiyong it's Lola. I haven't heard from you in a while and neither has YG. Please call someone to let them know you're ok. I've been discharged from the hospital. You don't need to worry about me, I'll be fine' I said hanging up. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I decided to treat myself to dinner. It was Christmas eve and the thought of some of my favorite Korean food had my tummy rumbling and my face forming a smile. Something that I hadn't had in a while. I ordered the food to take out and waited on a chair. The restaurant was busy so my wait would be longer than usual. 

I decided to use the bathroom whilst I waited, it was a long walk home in the snow and I'm not sure if I would have made it. 

As I exited the bathroom I turned left, walking down the corridor I realized my mistake and turned around to walk back into the foyer. The hallway contained a door to the kitchen, a break room and storage closets. As well as two private rooms, Jiyong and I had eaten in one of them. I walked past one noticing that although the door was open slightly there were people inside. I could recognize that voice anywhere.

"Do you know where he could be?" Asked Hyunsoo

I silently scoffed at Hyunsoo's attempt at caring. That man only cared about himself.

I couldn't see her face properly but I was more than positive that he was talking to Kiko. She shook her head at Hyunsoo's question

"Nor do I care" She said

What? She didn't care that her boyfriend was missing one week before the wedding? What happened next gave me assurance of why she did not care where Jiyong was.

I could see them through the door. There backs were turned to me. I felt sick when I saw them making out.

Jiyong had been led to think that he was marrying his one true love after separation. She was playing him along. I didn't know why because I didn't want to stay any longer. Nothing was making sense. Did Jiyong know? Is that why he went missing?

I collected my food and walked back to my apartment. I stopped in my tracks when I saw someone waiting by the door to my apartment. An unexpected Christmas eve visitor.