Discovery

Give me 100 days

Minji and I said our goodbyes as we left the office after locking up, she was heading home whilst I was meeting Jiyong for dinner. The snow had started falling the previous day and I couldn't wear enough layers in this cold. I was more than ready to confront Jiyong about the dinner with Kiko, I wanted to hear it from him. 

I arrived at the restaurant a little earlier than what we had agreed on but was shown to our table anyway. I ordered a hot drink to warm up and text Jiyong to let him know I was already inside. Our table was in a private area as always, we didn't need any scandal on our hands. Big Bang were about to release a new album and I had just started my company, we didn't want anything to jeopardize our careers. Especially a careless mistake that could be avoided.

I decided to take my iPad out and finish some emails I had only drafted before I left work.

My grumbling stomach pulled me out of my work trance. I had finished most of my work and the coffee I had ordered. Jiyong was an hour late. I started to worry, he was never late to anything we planned. The only exception was when he was stuck in traffic but he had called me letting me know what had happened and kept me up to date with his progress. 

I called his number and there was no answer. So I left a message asking where he was. I decided to walk to my apartment. Maybe he had forgot and was waiting for me at mine.

I paid for my drink and thanked the staff for waiting, asking them to let Jiyong know I had gone home if he was to arrive.

I looked around the apartment and did not find Jiyong. I tried calling him, again there was no answer. The panic was really kicking in. Where was he?

I left my apartment and walked to his. I had been there twice since I met him. He lived with his parents and I knew that they didn't know about me yet, which I was fine with. It had been less than two months.

It wasn't until I had rung the doorbell did I realize that I didn't have an excuse for why I was looking for their son. Was now the time to tell them we were dating? 

I felt relief that I didn't have to make an excuse as it was Jiyong who opened the door. 

"What are you doing here Lola?" He asked quietly

I was stunned into silence by his rudeness and lack of enthusiasm of seeing his girlfriend who he had stood up.

"Now is not a good time" 

"Did you forget our date today? I've been so worried trying to find you. You haven't answered your phone, I thought something had happened. Why didn't you send a message to say you were busy?" I asked, trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"Jiyong, who is at the door?" Said a voice behind

"You need to go, I'll talk-" Jiyong was cut off from trying to get rid of me

"Hello, how can I help you?" Asked a petite middle aged Korean women with short dark hair

"This is Lola, she works as a PR for YG. She just had to tell me something, she's now leaving" He said not looking at me

"Hi Lola, I'm Jiyong's mother. I'm sorry about my son's rudeness. Would you like to join us for dinner?" She asked stepping in front of Jiyong. He shook his head, telling me that I should say no.

"I would love to" I replied. Jiyong wasn't going to get away with his behavior so easily. 

Jiyong's mother pulled me inside and closed the door. I took of my shoes and coat and she led me down the hall.

"We have other people over for dinner as well, so don't feel as if you're interrupting. You must know them" She laughed as we walked into the living room. 

When I saw who the other guests were it clicked as to why Jiyong didn't want me coming in. There sat Yang HyunSuk himself with a middle aged man who looked Asian, but not necessarily Korean and the Japanese model who Jiyong was so keen to seperate us. 

"Lola, why are you here?" Asked Hyunsuk standing up to greet me

"I borrowed something from Jiyong and came to give it back because I was nearby." I replied thinking fast "I can leave"

I went to turn round when YG stopped me

"Actually Lola, it's good that you're here it will save us time"

He introduced me to Kiko and the other man who was known to be her manager. 

I didn't know what was going on and the confusion must have been read on my face. I heard a door open from behind me.

"Lola, it's so nice to see you again" Said a voice that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

"Hello Hyunsoo" I greeted politely "May I ask why you're here?"

"Park Relations represent Kiko. We're here to discuss the public's notification of Jiyong and Kiko's engagment" He smiled smugly