Punishment

Give me 100 days

Hyunsoo informed me that my punishment would be to attend a black tie function later in the week. I was relieved that it wasn't something more, but still felt uneasy. Would we be going together, as in a couple? Everyone knew he was married. 

I sighed heavily taking my shoes off after closing the door to my apartment. Jiyong was on his laptop in the living room. The smile I gave him was a tired one.

"What's wrong Lola?" He asked throwing an arm around my shoulder. 

"Friday night I was invited to a hwaeshik by my boss. It was completely out of the blue and I had already made plans with you so I lied and told him I had an important test I couldn't cancel again. Today I found out he was at the same club as us Friday night and is not happy. As punishment I have to go to a black tie event with him." 

I rested my head on Jiyong's shoulder. 

"Why do you sound so troubled? He's letting you off lightly" 

"Just his behavior lately has felt strange. He didn't take kindly to the flowers, and he hugged me. He just doesn't act like my boss" 

"He hugged you?" Jiyong asked backing away from me slightly

"Please don't be mad, I really don't need it." I told him running my hand through my hair

"I'm sorry Lola"

"I just feel like I got off too lightly with what I did"

"He's recently married, right?" Jiyong asked 

 I nodded

"Then you have nothing to worry about. Plus if he tries anything, just tell him I'll kick his !" Jiyong laughed

I couldn't help but smile at my boyfriends lame attempt at cheering me up. Hyunsoo was perhaps 4 inches taller than Jiyong and weighed 50lbs more. 

"I have to leave for the Japanese promotions soon" Jiyong said in almost a whisper

"How soon?" I asked

"Soon as in Wednesday" He replied

"How long will you be gone for?"

"Only a week" 

"I can't stop you from going but I'll miss you" I said hugging his waist

"I'll miss you too" 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Knowing that Jiyong was in another country made attending a party with Hyunsoo all the more difficult. I also never got too ask Jiyong about his past with Kiko and why he was so eager for us not to meet. 

I insisted on meeting Hyunsoo at our office, I didn't like the idea of him knowing where I lived. Although as the boss I'm sure it wouldn't take too much hard work to find out. 

I wore a floor length red gown that I had borrowed from Minji for the night. It was a little tight but it saved me from buying something I would never wear again. 

The car ride to the location was quiet. Hyunsoo was quick to comment on how I looked, but he must have sensed I was uncomfortable with his closeness as he was quick to get in the car and didn't speak anymore. I preferred the silence to his voice.

The hall was large and full of influential people, I had to think of this as a great way to network than punishment. Everything from the table linens to the candles and chairs were white. It looked very beautiful, I just wished I was with better company.

"I'll introduce you to some people who would be critical in carving a career in PR across Asia after dinner." Said Hyunsoo as guests were told to find their table as the meal would be served shortly.

There was no denying that the food was delicious, however the dress was too tight to eat too much. 

After dinner Hyunsoo and I talked to various people. I even managed to walk away several times and make my own introductions, by the end of the night I had swapped business cards with people who really mattered in PR. 

There was a live band playing throughout the evening and when the song choice turned into a slow one, Hyunsoo grabbed my arm and took me to the dance floor. We blended in well with the other guests on the dance floor. I didn't think to deny Hyunsoo the dance as he had actually done me a large favor in bringing me along. 

Halfway through the song he got slightly closer, only we could see the distance between us had decreased. His left hand had also slowly moved from high on my waist to low on my back, almost on my but not enough for anyone to question it.

Thankfully the song finished and I left the dance floor immediately, Hyunsoo following me to the bar. I ordered a drink feeling his eyes bore in the back of my head. He grabbed a drink for himself, and when I left to talk to other guests he just waved me off and didn't follow.

It had been a little over an hour since I last saw Hyunsoo which was a relief. The night was coming to a gradual end and I thought of calling a taxi home rather than go with him. He must have sensed I was thinking about him as I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my waist. Hyunsoo was close, very close. The people I was talking too looked uncomfortable at this man's affections. I leaned as far away from him as possible, but he kept getting closer. I finished the conversation and the guests left for another part of the room.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, not wanting to draw anymore attention

"Trying to claim my reward and your punishment" He whispered into my ear, his tongue traced the outside of it. I let out a gasp and pushed him away firmly. The smell of alcohol was strong, he must have stayed at the bar when I left him. He was swaying and he had lost his bow tie. 

"No. You are married, I am in a relationship and it's not going to happen" I said, standing my ground. 

"Don't worry , I know I don't care" He smirked

"You are disgusting" I spat, I had hit my breaking point. Why get married when you have no intentions to honor the commitment you have made?

I walked away from him and went to sit at a table. When I looked back he was gone. 

"He's always like this with members of his staff. No one is judging you here, we know how he is. Just be careful" Said a couple putting on their coats to leave

"Thanks" I told them with a smile. So I wasn't the first, I probably wouldn't be the last either. 

I decided that it was time to leave, without Hyunsoo. If he wanted to punish me then so be it. I was not going to stay here anymore.

I went outside and wrapped my coat tightly around me. Korea was colder than England in November, that was for sure. I took out my phone and called a taxi company to come collect me. 

I walked down the stairs at the front of the building and found a wall to sit on. It was refreshing being outside. 

My ears picked up the sound of giggling and I turned to see Hyunsoo with his hands all over a waitress who was still in her uniform. I turned away from their show, trying to block out the sounds of them kissing. I could only think of his poor wife at home. She must know and it must feel terrible.

I hurried on the taxi in my mind, just wanting to get home and forget tonight.

"Am I making you jealous Lola?" Shouted Hyunsoo from behind me

I ignored him, he wanted a reaction and I was not prepared to give him one. 

"She's so much better than you Lola. Why would I ever want some kpop idols used goods. I'll find my own white horse to ride*" He laughed coming closer to me

I kept looking straight, avoiding eye contact.

"That's all he wants you for. So he can boast to everyone that he's had a ride on a white girl. He'll drop you once a good Korean girl comes along, white ." He spat standing in front of me

"Number one, you don't know anything about me. I am far from being a so called white so keep your prejudice views to yourself. Number two, you don't know anything about my relationship nor are you entitled to know. It's none of your business. Number three, before you call me a look at yourself. One of us is married and trying to get in the pants of their employees and it sure as hell ain't me!"

I tried to walk away, I needed to calm down. Hyunsoo grabbed my arm and pulled me into him. 

"Listen here you little . You might not be opening your legs to me tonight but you will. or your visa will be torn to shreds and you will be on the first plane back to England. Now what do you have to say to that?" He sneered

I slapped him. I know I shouldn't have but I couldn't help it, he deserved it. He turned his head back towards from me, the red hand print showing clearly on his cheek. 

"Excuse me Miss, your taxi is here" Said a member of staff approaching us.

I was thankful, Hyunsoo would definitely get his revenge at some point. But for now all I could think about is getting away from him and calling Jiyong. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

A/N: 

I'm seriously addicted to writing this story!

Some drama for you! I had to control myself when writing the last scene. Hyunsoo is nasty, but he won't be the only problem in Jiyong and Lola's relationship. There is still so much to come! 

Hyunsoo calling Lola a white horse is a term used amongst Korean men for having with a white woman. It's because as westerners we are supposed to be more liberal in the bedroom. Dating a foreigner is for fun, something to brag to your friends about. It would never turn into a serious relationship. I know that not all Koreans are like that, but Hyunsoo is!

Thanks for the comments guys, it is much appreciated. 

xoxo