The Beginning Of The End

Give me 100 days

I had just finished skyping my parents when a call came through from an assistant at YG asking me to come in for an emergency meeting. I left the office and made my way over to the building. 

I hadn't seen much of Jiyong the past couple of days. It was only five days until Christmas and I wanted to ask him if he would like to spend the day with me. 

I entered the room which we had all of our PR meetings in, YG was already there. We greeted each other and got to work straight away.

"I'm not one to care about dating scandals, however there is too much happening right now. We don't need anything working against us." 

He handed me an envelope that had a picture of CL and a man in a restaurant.

"CL isn't here at the moment, she's in New York. That's where the picture was taken. The media want a response, they want to know if they're dating" He said

"I don't think they are, her body language is all wrong. have you asked her?" 

"Yes and she said they were friends. I believe her but the media in Korea is different to the west. They don't think it's possible for men and women to be friends without something more."

I shook my head in disbelief, cultural shock setting in once again. 

"I'll need some information on the guy. Is he famous?" I asked

"He's a producer, a new one at that" He replied

"So we tell them they are thinking of working together. It's a professional relationship that they have nothing else. They were meeting for dinner which is common in America" 

An assistant on my right was making notes on what to release to the media.

"Next we have an issue with one of the trainees. We received a call from a media outlet that her ex boyfriend is trying to sell her pictures. Apparently she isn't wearing much. She is part of the new girl group that I wanted to debut next month, I will have to set that back if these photographs are leaked"

"Has she confirmed that they are of her?" I asked opening a new web page on my laptop. 

"Yes, I managed to get it out of her this morning. She is very upset over this" 

"How old is she?" I asked

"She turned seventeen a month ago, why?" He asked

"Because the photos would have been taken before she was eighteen and can be classed as ography. We need to contact the police straight away. He can be arrested for what he's doing"

With that someone left the room to make a phone call to the police.

"That's a relief" He said

He looked at the clock and sighed.

"I'm going to have to call this meeting to an end. I have to go somewhere and I'll never make it on time if I don't leave now. You know what traffic is like in Seoul. Lola, I'll arrange another meeting soon."

And with that he left. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Minji and I were eating lunch when the phone rang, Minji picked it up after the second ring.

The look on her face told me that something was not right. She kept looking in my direction.

"I'll call you back" She said before hanging up

"What's wrong?" I asked her

"Someone just told me that there's a new photo going around of Jiyong and KiKo and they wanted to know if they're dating again" She said opening the attachment on the email they had just sent her.

It showed Jiyong and Kiko in a restaurant in a similar situation to what I had seen with CL and the producer in New York. I never claimed to be a body language expert but I knew what a couple dating looked like and that was not them. 

"They're not even looking at each other and there's another guy with them. How can they claim this is a date?" Minji said closing the file.

The guys head was turned in the opposite direction so you couldn't see his face but his hair was dark so he could have been anyone. 

"I think the mystery guy and her are dating, they're sitting much closer together than Jiyong and her" 

I knew that Minji was trying to make me feel better, but why was he having dinner with his ex. It mad me slightly angry. He could make time for her but not me. I would ask him about it later.

"This must have been what else YG wanted to talk about this morning but he didn't have enough time."

"I know it isn't what it looks like Lola" Said Minji resting a hand on my shoulder.

But I couldn't help but feel a sadness rising up within me.