Home Truths

Give me 100 days

I threw myself into my work. That was all I had left in Korea now. Minji and I were still working for YG but Minji was in charge of that partnership. It had been four long days since that meal when I found out the heartbreaking news my boyfriend was going to be married to someone other than me. 

Christmas was fast approaching. It was only three days away and that feeling of homesickness had well and truly come back. I needed something to take my mind off of the fact that I was thousand of miles away from home and had just found out my boyfriend was a lying player. 

"Lola, maybe you should go home and rest. You don't look so well" Said Minji as she came into the office one morning. 

"I'm fine" I lied. I knew I was far from fine. I wasn't eating properly and I had managed less than 5 hours a night. I was running on empty but I needed something to give my life meaning. Our business was too small and new to take a break now. 

"Has he tried contacting you anymore?" Asked Lola handing me a drink

"Yep, he send a text message twice an hour. Calls three times a day and most of the emails I'm now deleting are from him." I sighed, accepting the drink

"Have you read any of them?"

"Yeah and they say the same thing. How desperate he is to talk to me and how he wants to make me understand why he did it" I brushed a hand through my hair. 

"Maybe you should give him a chance to explain his actions?" Minji said quietly

I chose to ignore her comment

"I have a meeting I need to get to." I said, turning the computer off and pushing my chair back "I'll be back about eleven"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The last thing I remember was grabbing hold of the hand rail above my head on the subway. After that everything is a blur. I woke up later in hospital with a nurse checking my statistics.

"You're finally awake!" She said smiling

"I don't understand" I said

"You passed out on the subway. You're lucky there were many people who helped you. You passed out from exhaustion" she said "You also have a guest. He's very handsome. Shall I let him in?" She asked opening the door

"Sure" I said unsure of who it could be

Jiyong was the last person I expected to see

"Before you shout at me, Minji sent me. She was called when you passed out but had a meeting to make so she called me and I came straight away"

"What do you want?" I asked, turning my head to look out of the window, rather than his face

"I want to see if you are ok. I also want to talk. I know you've been avoiding me" He said sitting down next to the bed

"So you thought now was the perfect opportunity whilst I'm laying in a hospital bed?" I asked shaking my head

I couldn't look at him. It was too much.  

"I can't begin to say how much you mean to me and how much I'm sorry. I wake up every morning hating myself for what i am doing"

"So why did you ever date me?" I asked 

"Because I saw you and thought you looked cute. When we spent time together I saw that you had a good heart. Your personality was amazing and after Namsan tower I knew I had fallen for you. It didn't take me long to know that I wanted to spend every day with you, 100 would not be enough"

"You're so full of . If you really cared you wouldn't have gone behind my back and become engaged to your ex who broke up with you because the relationship wasn't convenient for her. I'm not an expert but that's not someone I would want back in my life."

"I mean everything I say when you're involved. I love you, why would I try and hurt you"

I couldn't speak. He had just said that he loved me. 

"You love me?" I asked

"Yes" He said the sincerity was there but i didn't want to believe him. 

"You are everything I despise in men. You are no better than Hyunsoo"

"I never cheated on you. I want to be with you, not her. It's not my decision"

I never had the chance to ask him what he meant by that because he made an excuse and left suddenly. Telling me that he had said too much and that he would check up on me soon to see how I was. 

I felt guilty for comparing him to vermin like Hyunsoo but I couldn't help my tongue from forming those words. 

In some ways he was the best thing that ever happened to me. he showed me love I thought i would never know. He was sweet and funny and would make a fool of himself just to make me smile. He was affectionate and tender, showering me with gifts and compliments. But he lied about something as big as marriage. I felt betrayed and used and I didn't know if all the good things could cancel out the bad things he had done to me. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N:

What do you guys think? I did say it wouldn't be plain sailing for Lola and Jiyong. 

This story is coming to an end, less than five chapters remain. 

Once again thank you to my subscribers, silent readers and commenters. You've been great.

xoxo