Realization

something diffrently new

A month has passed and Pie is slowly forgetting about Mr. Whiskey or atleast the whole idea of him. Everything was back to normal again. She was on the top her class, friends with Yam again. Life is good. She thought as she woke up on a Friday morning. She also moved on pretty easily from Van. She doesn’t know why but she’s not affected anymore by him. It’s kinda weird for her but she’s just ignored it.

 

*knock knock knock*

“Miss Pie your parents wants to have breakfast with you, wake up now.” In said.

“Yes In, I’m already in the bathroom getting ready, please tell them.” Pie answered.

“Okay Miss Pie.”

Breakfast with my parents. This day is turning out to be even better. Pie took a shower while singing. She’s really in a good mood today. After getting ready and everything. She went down stairs with a big smile on her face. She doesn’t really know why but she feels like something great is going to happen today.

“Good morning dad” as she kissed her dad’s forehead. And went to her mom to do the same, “Good morning mom.”

“You seem to be in an extra good mood today.” Her dad said.

“Yeah, what’s wrong with you.” Her mom added sarcastically.

“Nothing, couldn’t I just be in a good mood today?” Pie answered still with her big smile.

“Mmmhmm.” Her dad answered her back.

“Whatever.” Pie jokingly rolled her eyes at her dad. “So what do I owe this pleasure of having this breakfast with you guys?”

“Nothing, we just want to have breakfast with our favorite daughter.” Her dad while looking at her mom.

Pie glared at them, “I’m your only daughter, silly.”

“What your father is saying is, we know we’ve been busy lately and we just want to spend time with you. How’s your school?” Her mom asked.

“School’s great. I’m actually running for valedictorian. No biggie.” Pie said while putting some cream cheese on her bagel.

“That’s great. We’re so proud of you.” Her dad said.

“Yeah, there’s this other two student in my class who’s also running for valedictorian. They’re also good. So I’m not trying to get my hopes up.” Pie added

“Nonsense. For sure you will get it, you work so hard for it.” Her mom said.

“I hope so too mom.” Pie just smiled.

“By the way, how is Van? We haven’t seen him lately.” Her dad asked.

Pie almost choked on her bagel. “Are you alright honey?” her mom stood up and took a glass of water. “Here drink some water.”

“I’m okay mom, I just took a big bite.” Pie clearing up . She doesn’t really want to talk about Van, and she was shocked when her parents brought it up. She thought of an excuse. Then she checked her watch. “Uhh I need to go, I’m gonna be late.” Pie stood up.

“But it’s still early.” Her dad said.

“Uhh yeah, I have his before school meeting with one of my extra-curricular. If I want to be valedictorian gotta keep up the good work right?” Pie lied then kissed her mom and dad goodbye. “I’ll see you later guys. Love you.”

“Oh okay, love you too sweetheart.” Her mom said. “Yeah see later honey” her dad added.

Whew, that was a close one. I’m not ready to talk to them about Van. She grabbed her bag and went for the door.

On the other side of things. . .

♬ Well you’re a hot mess and I’m falling for you, and I’m like hot damn lemme make you my boo.♬

Kim woke up to the sound of her alarm. Ever since she saw Pie dancing to that song, she made it her alarm every school days. It’s more like a new motivation for her. Before it was booze that made her go to school every day, now it’s that song. Don’t get her wrong, she doesn’t like Pie or anything. She just found the beat of the song really catchy. Or does she? Its 7 am, she’s also been early to school lately. No one really notices, so it’s not a big deal, atleast she thinks so. She went downstairs not knowing her dad was there.

“It’s a good thing you’re still going to school.” Her dad greeted her.

“Too bad you plane didn’t crash when you went to some whatever country to promote your business.”

“That’s the welcome I get for giving you your wealthy lifestyle.”

“I didn’t ask for it.”

“You watch your mouth or shall I teach a lesson what your school apparently doesn’t teach you.”

“Whatever, I’m leaving.” Kim headed for the door without even hearing what her father was trying to say again, or even grabbing breakfast.

At school. . .

What am I supposed to do at school this early. It’s only 7am and Pie feels like she’s the first one at school. I know I’ll just stay up in at roof top. For sure I will be the only one there. She headed up to the roof top. Breathing in the morning air of Bangkok. Ahh just what I need some peace and quiet. But then she heard the door to the roof top open. Oh ! Who could that be. It’s freaking seven in the morning. She tried to hide, but it was too late, it was Kim. What is she doing here so early.

Kim on the other hand was shocked when she opened the door and saw Pie. But she tried to hide it.

“You stayed here all night or you’re just really excited for school?” Kim teased.

“Haha funny. For your information, I’m always early. I should be the one to ask you why you’re here early.”

“I guess I’m the one who’s excited for school.” Kim said trying to be serious.

“Whatever.” Pie turned around and ignored Kim and tried to appreciate the view again.

“You have boyfriend problems again and you wanna shout it to world again?”

Ugh! so much for peace and quiet. “Why are you even talking to me? Huh? Because I recall you saying not long ago that we’re not friends.” Pie rolled her eyes, but kept her back on Kim.

“So? Acquaintances can’t make up conversations?” Kim replied.

“Yeah, but that’s where friendships starts. And you wouldn’t want that to happen, do you?” Pie didn’t even tried to turn around.

Kim just laughed and sat down on the floor.

“What is so funny? Do I look like I’m joking?” Pie finally turned around.

Kim looked at her trying not to laugh, “What is your problem princess, I was just laughing at a text I received. So you can go back to staring at nothing or whatever.” Kim grabbed her headphones and played her music.

Pie irritatingly turned back to the view. Ugh! Way to ruin my good mood. Of all people. I can’t wait for the school bell to ring. She checked her phone, it’s already 7:10. Why can’t time move faster. She looked down and tried to wait for someone she knows so she can finally get out of there. No one. Tsk. She then grabbed her phone and played with it.

*ringringring*

Finally the school bell rings. Pie turned around and saw Kim was closing her eyes and was so consumed with her music. Pie walked pass Kim, assuming Kim would notice her and think that it was already time for school so she wouldn’t have to bother talking to her again. But it didn’t work. Pie just went to the door, but Kim still has her eyes shut. Pie sighed why am I such a nice person when it comes to school. Tsk. Pie went in front of Kim and grabbed Kim’s phone. The headphones got unplugged and Pie heard what Kim was listening to.

♬Cause you can shake it shake it shake it, Yeah you know what to do, You're a hot mess, I'm loving it, hell yes. ♬

Pie blanked. I know that song. Where did hear that before? Its really familiar.

“Uhh hello princess.” Kim waved her hand in front of Pie. “Earth to little miss perfect.”

Pie suddenly snapped out of it. “Oh uhm uhh it’s I mean the school bell already rang.”

“Ohkay. Can I have my phone back now?” Kim stood up.

“Oh yeah. Here.” Pie gave Kim back the phone. Kim stopped the music.] and went for the door.

Pie was still standing where Kim left her. “Are you coming princess?”

“Uhh yeah go ahead. I’ll catch up.” Pie said.

“Suit yourself. Nice talking to you princess.” Kim joked.

“Yeah uhuh whatever.” Pie was pre occupied. She really knows that song. The beat, the lyrics. Oh my god the lyrics. Hot mess. I know that song. I remember. OHMYGOD! I know who Mr. whiskey is.

Author's note:

hey guys. thanks for the patience. sorry it took so long. i was busy with reviewing for my board. but the board exam is done and here goes.