Senior Year

something diffrently new

At exactly 6:30am, Pie’s alarm clock rang. It’s her first day of senior year and she didn’t want to be late. She woke up feeling great. Aah first day of school, finally something to distract me from everything that happened. I just hope I won’t run in to Yam or Van or this would totally be ruined. Then she decided to go to the bathroom to take a shower. She thought of mister whiskey. I wonder who he is, what he actually saved from humiliation. Gaah I’m having a crush on someone I don’t even remember. What if he’s ugly, or old? Ugh! I don’t wanna know anymore. I don’t want to be with someone right now. But why was he being nice to me. No, enough. I’m done thinking about stuff. She finished preparing to school, had her breakfast alone because her parents were already on their way to work.

She arrived at school exactly 7:20am. She likes being on time. She went to school at Nakorn Payap International School. When she got out of the car, she saw immediately her friends Jane and Pei.

“Oh my god! Pie! Over here!” Pei shouted like a girl, she rolled her eyes. Pull it together Pie. “Hi girls!” she waved and tried to fake a smile as she walked towards them.

“How was your summer Pie? And the Ball? I bet it was like everything you dreamed it would be?” Jane asked her.

Ugh! The ball again. “Yeah it was great, perfect, awesome, wonderful.” Pie tried not to sound weird about it.

“Whoa that’s one too many, what really happened?” Pei detected the weirdness.

“Yeah, something’s wrong, what is it Pie?” Jane added.

Crap! “Uhh nothing, it was great.” Pie said.

“Come on, tell us. We’re your friends.” Pei insisted.

“I don’t really wanna talk about it.” Pie answered

“Why? Was it bad? Did you have a breakdown or something?” Jane said.

*ring ring ring* the bell rang. Whew saved by the bell. Pie thought.

“Don’t think that just because the bell rang, you’re saved. You still have a lot of things to tell us.” Pei glared at her jokingly.

“Yeah, okay okay.” Pie said and hoping they will just forget about it. They all went to class.

At lunch….

“Ugh! I can’t wait for this school year to end. Then we can graduate and leave this place, do whatever we want, go wherever we want.” Pei said while walking to the school garden where they hang out and eat their lunch.

“We just started classes and you want to end it.” Jane laughed at him. Pie just laughed along.

“Yeah we only had two subjects this morning but it was boring as hell.” Pei answered

“Point taken.” Jane said. Then they both looked at Pie.

“What?” Pie asked them.

“Isn’t this the part where you’re supposed to say, ‘It wasn’t that boring’ or ‘I think it was very interesting.” Pei raised his brows.

“Yeah” Jane agreed.

“Hey I’m not always like that.” Pie protested.

“Uh yeah are.” Jane answered.

“What’s really wrong Pie? Huh?” Pei asked. “And where’s Van, I haven’t seen him since this morning. Usually he’s by your side following you like a puppy.”

“I don’t know and I don’t really care.” Answered Pie

“Something is really wrong with you Pie. Just talk to us. We are now getting worried.” Pei with a small tone.

There was a pause, then “It just didn’t work out.” Pie finally said.

“For all I know you two will just end up back together.” Pei rolled his eyes.

“Nope, actually this time it’s for real. We were just not meant to be.” Pie sighed.

“Well if say so.” Jane said

“Yeah, and I think it’s for the best, that way we’re all single and we can party and flirt with guys all we want haha.” Pei trying to comfort Pie. Just when Pie was about to answer, “Oh my god there’s Yam. Yam!” Pei waved to Yam and signaled her to come over. Pie panicked but didn’t show it to Jane and Pei. Yam waved back trying to smile and walked towards them.

“Hey guys!” Yam said

“Hi Yam!” Pei stood up and hugged her. “Hi Pei. Jane.” Jane hugged Pei back then smiled at Jane. “Hi Pie.” She looked at Pie and smiled with sincerity. Pie just faked a smile and nodded back.

“How was the beautiful Paris?” Pei asked excitedly.

“Oh you know beautiful as usual.” Yam answered trying not to sound awkward. Pie rolled her eyes. Yam is the center of attention again. If people could only see the real you, a ! Pie stood up and walked away. She couldn’t stand being in the presence of Yam. “Pie! Where are you going?” Pei shouted. Yam tried to follow but she was already too far and got lost in her sight.

First Van, now my friends. Ugh! She so ugh frustrating. Pie searched for an empty room. She didn’t want to take the next class because Yam was also in that class. Then she found a service stairs to the roof top. For sure no one will be there at this time. I can be alone and cool off my head. She went up the stairs. It was beautiful up there. A great view and a garden. She inhaled the fresh air, exhaled all her frustrations.

“Van you ! I hate you! And Yam too!” Pie shouted. Letting it out felt good. I just wish no one heard me. She looked around and no one was there. Wait someone is sitting there behind the small green house. She walked slowly closer to that person and saw that it was Kim. She had her head phones on. Whew that was a relief, at least she didn’t hear me shout earlier. Kim was singing along with was she was listening to. It was kind of soft, so Pie moved a little bit closer, crawling so Kim won’t notice something moving. Then Pie saw that Kim had a flask and was drinking. Typical of her. Pie rolled her eyes. She heard what Kim was singing. Wait what’s this song. She thought about it. Meh I’ll just wait for the chorus.

♪♬ I don’t want this moment to ever end

Where everything’s nothing without you

I'd wait here forever just to, to see you smile

Cause it’s true I’m nothing without you

Through it all I’ve made my mistakes

I stumble and fall but I mean these words.

 

I want you to know with everything, I won’t let this go

These words are my heart and soul

I’ll hold on to this moment you know

Cause I’d bleed my heart out to show that I won’t let you go. ♪♬

 

Whoah that was actually kinda deep, even for her. But in all fairness you can’t really distinguish if it is for a love one or a friend. Ugh! Maybe she did hear me scream and is trying to make me think about what happened with Van and Yam. I need to get out of here before she sees me. Pie stood up slowly and when she turned around, there was a sort of table with plants, she bumped in to it, and a plant pot fell and crashed. “Crap!” Pie said.