For a Moment There

something diffrently new

“Van you ! I hate you! And Yam too!” Someone was shouting. Wait I know that voice. Kim turned around. Huh its little miss perfect. Tsk tsk couldn’t move on. Oh crap she turned around. I hope she didn’t see me. Kim put on her head phones and pressed play on her phone. Oh god, of all song that would play randomly. I hope she’s gone. So I can have a drink without anyone knowing. Oh who am I kidding, I don’t care if anyone sees me, especially not if it’s her. Kim took out a flask from her bag and started drinking and singing along to the song.

 

♪♬ I don’t want this moment to ever end

Where everything’s nothing without you

I’d wait here forever just to, to see you smile

Cause it’s true I’m nothing without you

Through it all I’ve made my mistakes

I stumble and fall, but I mean these words.

 

I want you to know, with everything I won’t let this go

These words are my heart and soul

I’ll hold on to this moment, you know

As I bleed my heart out just to show

Cause it’s true I’m nothing without you. ♪♬

 

*CRASH!* “Crap!” what the hell was that! Kim stood up and saw that Pie bumped on a table and a pot fell on the floor.

 

“Little miss perfect is a little bit clumsy eh?” Kim said with a big grin on her face.

 

“Hey I am not perfect and I am not clumsy.” Pie protested

 

“Haha fine, but you better clean that up or else someone will know you were here.”

 

“What do you think I’m doing genius?” Pie started picking up the pieces of broken pots everywhere.

 

“And might I ask where do you plan to throw that? Huh? Just throw it over the side of the roof?” Kim trying not to sound sarcastic.

 

Pie panicked at the thought. Kim suddenly burst out laughing. “Hey what are you laughing at huh? If get caught I’m bringing you down with me. And what you did is worse than mine.” Pie shouted.

 

“Haha calm down Princess you’re so tense, I was just playing with you.” Kim walked inside the green house and grabbed a black plastic bag. She walked back to Pie and gave the bag to her. “Here you go Princess, you can put it here.”

 

Pie rolled her eyes and grabbed the plastic bag. She started putting the broken pieces in the bag, after a while Kim was helping her. “I can do it on my own.” Pie coldly said.

“I’m just trying to help no need to be all cold about it.” Kim said with her hands up in the air like she was surrendering to crime but still smiling. This woman is so unbelievable. I wonder how Van kept up with her all those time.

 

Pie rolled her eyes. “Whatever.” She finished picking up all the pieces then she tied the bag into a knot. She was looking around because now she has no idea where to put it. There’s no trash bin anywhere.

 

Kim crossed her arm, raised an eyebrow and smiled evilly. “So, still don’t want my help eh?”

 

“No! I can just throw it when I go down later.” Pie answered

 

“Okay, good luck with that.” Kim was grinning again.

 

“What was that sarcasm for huh?”

 

“Nothing, I just thought about how you’re going to bring that downstairs without anyone seeing you.” Kim still with an evil smile.

 

Pie was panicking again.  Crap! This is the worst first day of school ever. First the thing with Yam earlier, now this. Ugh! And that jerk still smiling at me. It’s so annoying.

 

“Give me that.” Kim grabbed it from Pie and put it on his bag.

 

“I said I can handle it, give it back.”

 

“Oh please, can you just stop being so self- absorbed for a second and just let other people help you.” Kim said but was still wearing her evil smile.

 

“Fine! Thank you.” Pie finally surrendered.

 

“I’m sorry, what was that?”

 

“I said thank you okay? You happy now?” Pie rolled her eyes and dusted of her hands

 

Kim just laughed and shook her head. “So what’s a perfect little princess doing here and skipping her class now huh?”

 

“None of your business.” Pie still so cold

 

“Hey, I’m just asking. For all know you could be stalking me.” Kim now trying to put on a serious face.

 

“Excuse me. Who the hell do you think you are? And I’m the one who’s self-absorbed.” Pie said.

 

“As far as I know I was the first one here. And I’m not the one who was creeping around and bumped into a table full of plant pots.”

 

Oh crap! She saw me earlier, what if she heard me shouting too. This is so embarrassing. Pie thought and trying to come up with an excuse.  “Uhh I was just practicing dance and I didn’t know anyone was here.” Trying to sound confident with her answer. God! Practicing for a dance, that’s the best you can come up.

 

Kim shook her head again with her signature devilish grin. “Fine, if you say so.” Kim went back to her spot earlier and took a sip of her drink from the flask.

 

“You’re seriously drinking while inside school territory.” Pie said

 

“So?”

 

“You’re gonna get suspended when you’re caught.”

 

“Wow little miss perfect cares now eh? Haha”

 

“No I don’t, in fact I wish you would get caught.”

 

Kim shook her head. I don’t understand this girl, she cares but at the same time she doesn’t.

 

“Thanks for the support.” Kim frowned all of sudden.

 

Oh my god what did you do Pie, she’s broken. Her grin is gone. “Hey I was just kidding. Haha” Pie tried to make Kim smile again.

 

“No, you’re right. If get caught then at least my dad would have the time to undo what I’ve done right.” Kim answered. What the?! I’m opening up to her? No! I hope she won’t ask questions. Please don’t.

 

“Hey don’t say that. I’m sure he has his reasons for not always being there.” Pie trying to comfort her and sat down next to her.

 

“Yeah right. All he cares about is his company. Don’t even get me started with ‘He’s just doing that for you’ crap.” Kim took another shot of her drink.

 

Pie didn’t really know how to answer that. So she just kept silent thinking maybe her presence would be enough.

 

“I’m sorry for that. I know you already have your problems.” Kim finally broke off the silence.

 

“It’s fine. I was having a crappy day anyway and what you said was actually a bit of distraction from what’s going on.” Pie answered.

 

“Oh yeah the thing with Van and Yam.” Kim was grinning again. She offered a drink to Pie.

 

“Oh please don’t remind me. I just want to forget about them and move on with my senior year. And drinking about it wouldn’t help. I’ve already tried it.” Pie rolled her eyes.

 

“So shouting that you hate them was a part of your whole ‘moving on’ phase?”

 

“You heard that? This so embarrassing, now I definitely need a drink.” Pie tried grabbing the flask from Kim’s hand, their hands touched and for a moment they stared at each other’s eyes. Then the school bell rang. Pie stood up and gave the flask back to Kim.

 

“Uhh thanks for hiding the trash for me.” Pie said and dusted her skirt.

 

“You’re welcome Princess.” Kim answered with her devilish grin.

 

Pie tried to fake smile. Ugh! There’s that grin again. Then she ran downstairs.

 

“Whoa what was that? I felt weird when she touched me. Oh my god I’m talking to myself. Stop it Kim! Shake it off. It was nothing.”